Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Mission Creation Tutorial

37 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:30 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

For all our modders out there that have been wanting to dive into Mission Building in MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries, we are very happy to release some instructional tools that will help you do just that! Our tutorial videos and associated documentation will help you navigate the process of bringing your own missions into the MW5 campaign, including level setup, markup levels and locators, area specification setup, mission flow nodes, and finishing the mission and deploying the mod.

You can find the links and downloads for these new resources here: https://mw5mercs.com/resources/2020/01/29-modding-resources

Check out NGNGtv interview with Thad and Daeron!
Covering the newly released Mission Creation Tutorials and Resources!

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

First!

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

HA!

No. See you December 10 at Steam.

#4 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:06 PM

My loins are tingling inanticipation for when I buy the game on Steam, on sale, sometime next year!

#5 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:48 PM

Sweet chin music

#6 Dunner Wright

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

can't wait to buy MW5 on steam and install that volumetric rescale mod, i wanna see how tiny the Dragon is!!!
(Well, that and a mod that lets me fill that AC5 arm with 9 MachineGuns hopefully)

#7 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image

#8 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:20 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 14 October 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

Most funny thing - they made a perfect game because PLAYERS can do ALL without devs and their rules… and all blame them for "nothing"... eh..
P.S. look on balance issues in MWO - there, in MW5, players can fix it all, make it all way they want and do many more things... You expect MW5 as "old-school-game-with-single-player-campaign"? You're fail, not a devs, they made a best they was able to - left players alone and let em do anything they want... MW5 is not a "game" as most of us thing - it's a base, engine, where YOU can make your own game! If you expect smth different then.. eh IDK wtf is in your head - it was told billions times here, on MWO forum by different pplz. No offence man. Just learn to think "new way" ;)

Edited by Pz_DC, 15 October 2020 - 10:24 AM.

#9 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:36 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 15 October 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

MW5 is not a "game" as most of us thing - it's a base, engine, where YOU can make your own game! If you expect smth different then.. eh IDK wtf is in your head

Does that mean I can make Doki Doki Battlemech love simulator?

It's a visual novel. The premise is you're a Marauder 5M who is trying to befriend a tsundre Catapult A1 who was captured during battle and currently undergoing refit and repair. She's not used to getting upfront with enemy mechs and as you get closer to her, her natural instinct to drop back and provide LRM support pulls her further away from you. But eventually, if you play your cards right, she'll warm to you and you'll get to see some hardcore mech action that results in the birth of the MadCat....

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

Im not playing mw5 but this is some really good stuff. Good work.

I know it would be very hard but If we could bring this into mwo it would be about the biggest improvement you could do other than moving to another engine.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 15 October 2020 - 01:15 PM.

#11 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:52 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 14 October 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

This is true as you could never add as much as a large mod community. Just look at fallout 3 game is 10 years old and people are still making high quality missions and mods for it.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 15 October 2020 - 12:52 PM.

#12 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 15 October 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yes, you can.

Edited by Pz_DC, 15 October 2020 - 01:26 PM.

#13 Phar Ming Yu

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:43 PM

I wish I would have just bought MC in MWO rather than have spent the money on MW5 at least I would have gotten more than an hour's worth of entertainment from it.

#14 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:04 PM

they made a perfect game because PLAYERS can do ALL without devs and their rules…

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 October 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

This is true as you could never add as much as a large mod community. Just look at fallout 3 game is 10 years old and people are still making high quality missions and mods for it.

Posted Image

WTF happened to the gamers? Accepting half baked games for 60-80$ and still saying "this is fine".
Mods were supposed to be for a part of the fanbase, so they could change the game and lore for their preferences.
Years after game release, when the game didn´t sell anymore and the casual players were gone.
A "perfect base game"? Are you kidding me?
PGI promised a HUD. A moder made, what PGI said "can´t be done in 2 years", in a few weeks.
A moder fixed the spawning problem, with a 2kB file. PGI couldn´t do it.
A moder fixed the map display problem. PGI couldn´t do it.
A moder gave us an import/export tool. PGI didn´t think of this basic feature.
A moder gave us weapons, hardpoints and a mechlab, like it´s supposed to be. PGI couldn´t do it.
Just a few quick examples. And you dare to tell us this is how it works? Wow!
No, this isn´t the way it works or at least it wasn´t this way years ago. A "new way"? It´s a lazy way for developers and there are enough people accepting it. Not because it´s good, but because the people are ... how do i say it without violating the code of conduct ... not as smart as they think they are.

I´m interested. Posted Image

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:42 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 15 October 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

WTF happened to the gamers? Accepting half baked games for 60-80$ and still saying "this is fine".
Mods were supposed to be for a part of the fanbase, so they could change the game and lore for their preferences.
Years after game release, when the game didn´t sell anymore and the casual players were gone.
A "perfect base game"? Are you kidding me?
PGI promised a HUD. A moder made, what PGI said "can´t be done in 2 years", in a few weeks.
A moder fixed the spawning problem, with a 2kB file. PGI couldn´t do it.
A moder fixed the map display problem. PGI couldn´t do it.
A moder gave us an import/export tool. PGI didn´t think of this basic feature.
A moder gave us weapons, hardpoints and a mechlab, like it´s supposed to be. PGI couldn´t do it.
Just a few quick examples. And you dare to tell us this is how it works? Wow!
No, this isn´t the way it works or at least it wasn´t this way years ago. A "new way"? It´s a lazy way for developers and there are enough people accepting it. Not because it´s good, but because the people are ... how do i say it without violating the code of conduct ... not as smart as they think they are.

I agree, and that's why there's mods, so we can fix it for them. Do you know the adage "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me? Well, it's that, at this point we are to blame for expecting something of decent from PGI, we should be just happy that MW5 can be modded so we could be bothered to fix it ourselves.

I think they botched it though when they made it Epic Exclusive, since there's a LOT of talented modders at Steam.

Posted Image

The premise is you're a Marauder 5M in a japanese school, and you're trying to prevent other mechs from getting on with Catapult-Senpai. By. Any. Means. Necessary. Then finally, after years of social-engineering, you finally got a baby MadCat.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 October 2020 - 12:58 AM.

#16 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:45 AM

View PostPhar Ming Yu, on 15 October 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

I wish I would have just bought MC in MWO rather than have spent the money on MW5 at least I would have gotten more than an hour's worth of entertainment from it.

Top pack came with 20,000MC
I still have it
Not much good stuff to spend it on

#17 Beorning

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:11 AM

Most funny thing - they made a perfect game because PLAYERS can do ALL without devs and their rules… and all blame them for "nothing"... eh..
P.S. look on balance issues in MWO - there, in MW5, players can fix it all, make it all way they want and do many more things... You expect MW5 as "old-school-game-with-single-player-campaign"? You're fail, not a devs, they made a best they was able to - left players alone and let em do anything they want... MW5 is not a "game" as most of us thing - it's a base, engine, where YOU can make your own game! If you expect smth different then.. eh IDK wtf is in your head - it was told billions times here, on MWO forum by different pplz. No offence man. Just learn to think "new way" Posted Image

I do not know if this is satire or not, but congratz on learning a second language.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 October 2020 - 01:45 AM, said:

Top pack came with 20,000MC
I still have it
Not much good stuff to spend it on

Hero mechs? none of them appealed?

#18 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:27 AM

eh IDK wtf is in your head - it was told billions times here, on MWO forum by different pplz.

Just noticed this ...
It says so in the forums, so it must be true.
many people = truth

Posted Image

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:56 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 October 2020 - 03:27 AM, said:

Just noticed this ...
It says so in the forums, so it must be true.
many people = truth

Posted Image

Um, it was merely pointing out a consensus, not absolute truth.

#20 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:27 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 October 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

Um, it was merely pointing out a consensus, not absolute truth.

consensus = majority of opinion
Did i miss a poll?
And even IF, consensus means nothing.
Just because a majority of people has the same opinion, doesn´t mean they are right. People today are so easy to manipulate and nobody checks facts.
Trump is a good president.
Merkel is a good chancellor.
Capitalism is the best system.
See? All of them consensus, all of them wrong.

PS: Still want to see that poll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users