Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Mission Creation Tutorial

37 replies to this topic

#21 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:45 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 October 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

consensus = majority of opinion
Did i miss a poll?
And even IF, consensus means nothing.
Just because a majority of people has the same opinion, doesn´t mean they are right. People today are so easy to manipulate and nobody checks facts.
Trump is a good president.
Merkel is a good chancellor.
Capitalism is the best system.
See? All of them consensus, all of them wrong.

PS: Still want to see that poll.

Well, you missed the point though. Hyperbole for one, I mean we don't literally have millions, we barely got 50K on Jarls.

As for the consensus, that depends on what you are trying to prove. Such as if you're trying to prove an approval, then consensus would work well, for example, movies. Critiques could go to hell, it's people that are paying for which provides the success of the film. Food as well can work with consensus.

Consensus is merely a tool, and if you aren't using a tool properly, dafuq do you expect to get?

As for MW5 being for mods because PGI can't balance, well, I don't think there is a poll, but as one who frequents the forum, and have some strong opinion about it, I agree. It is not as to say a proof, it's a description.

But if you want proof that there is a consensus, well: https://mwomercs.com...balance-update/

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 October 2020 - 06:50 AM.

#22 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:26 AM

Just to clear things up, cause i think there is a misunderstanding here.
MW5 is a perfect base for mods, no doubt. And the community will give us the best Mechwarrior we ever had.
All i´m saying is, that it wasn´t PGIs intention to do a base for the community to mod it.
They tried to do the best MW game ever and failed miserably.

#23 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:10 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 15 October 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

WTF happened to the gamers? Accepting half baked games for 60-80$ and still saying "this is fine".
I´m interested. Posted Image

It's simple - you're looking for features that aren't supposed to be there! It's not a "classic" game, its EDITOR with a game like example!

Edited by Pz_DC, 16 October 2020 - 12:10 PM.

#24 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:21 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 October 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

Just to clear things up, cause i think there is a misunderstanding here.
MW5 is a perfect base for mods, no doubt. And the community will give us the best Mechwarrior we ever had.
All i´m saying is, that it wasn´t PGIs intention to do a base for the community to mod it.

Wrong. Best game = where devs do nothing and players do all their job except pay the bill to use it Posted Image Come on, You can't be so naïve! It's 2020 here, not 1990 where devs was trying to make all for players and hope that community will love it or "fail in darkness of the past" if it don't. Devs of MWO have tried to satisfy community needs here, and they failed every time because there is always someone who don't like it. So they said "hey, it's stupid waste of time! they don't like our job anyway so let them do it for us!". Example - devs made a game MUCH MORE balanced for players who's any good when tiers was grouped +-1 but too long wait times for main mass of bad players (all who's 3 tier with 100+ games are bad, lets say true) and their tears here, on forum, forced them to go back to failed system with +-2...

P.S. yes, English is my second and there is no way to use it in real live for me lol... noone around cares do I know it or no Posted Image even more - if I wish to get more money I need to concentrate on other things and forget about English language as useless part of my education (at last for now)...

P.P.S. I don't say there is no "old school" good games around, don't say they worse, but things can be different, and call it "bad" just because You find it's "strange" or "unexpected" or expect something different of it.

Edited by Pz_DC, 16 October 2020 - 12:35 PM.

#25 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 October 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

But they were planning to give it modding tools from the start, even before the Epic Deal. IIRC.

View PostPz_DC, on 16 October 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

Wrong. Best game = where devs do nothing and players do all their job except pay the bill to use it Posted Image Come on, You can't be so naïve! It's 2020 here, not 1990 where devs was trying to make all for players and hope that community will love it or "fail in darkness of the past" if it don't.

Yes, kind of. Doom -- the retro Doom, had a thriving modding community that existed WAAAAAAAY before Doom 2016, hell, the Glory Kills were inspired by Brutal Doom take downs. Fallout 3, 4, NV, and Skyrim wouldn't be as relevant for very long if without mods.

#26 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:54 PM

Reminds of when I tried to document how to make MS quality maps for MW4... excellent work gentlemen!

View PostWishmast3r, on 16 October 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

consensus = majority of opinion
Did i miss a poll?
And even IF, consensus means nothing.
Just because a majority of people has the same opinion, doesn´t mean they are right. People today are so easy to manipulate and nobody checks facts.
Trump is a good president.
Merkel is a good chancellor.
Capitalism is the best system.
See? All of them consensus, all of them wrong.

PS: Still want to see that poll.

Free Markets is the best system... Capitalism is what Marx called it as a derogatory term to promote his centralized authority system.

#27 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:50 AM

It's 2020 here, not 1990 where devs was trying to make all for players ...

It´s so sad that the majority is accepting it. And it´s even more sad that people like you are defending it.

Posted Image

Devs of MWO have tried to satisfy community needs here, and they failed every time because there is always someone who don't like it.

PGI failed because the head staff is incompetent. End of story.

#28 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:06 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 17 October 2020 - 02:50 AM, said:

It´s so sad that the majority is accepting it. And it´s even more sad that people like you are defending it.

Posted Image

Look, I agree. We should hold devs at a higher standard.

But with what we have seen, seriously, we should just be happy with what we got at all.

It could have been worse.

#29 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:16 AM

View PostBeorning, on 16 October 2020 - 03:11 AM, said:

I do not know if this is satire or not, but congratz on learning a second language.

Hero mechs? none of them appealed?

I have the ones that interest

#30 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:53 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 14 October 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

HA!

No. See you December 10 at Steam.

Cant wait. These current mods + Steam workshop support and Im all in. Unless Im still playing Cyberpunk 2077, gotta split some time of for MW5, was halfway through the campaign when I had the Epic dribble infesting my laptop. Time to finish it and enjoy the mercenary mode with mods afterwards.

Oh and besides the point, MS aquired Zenimax and Bethesda ( EA was near on aquiring *sigh of relief *NOT)
Now. If ONLY MS could help the Battletech franchise gain momentum like never before again. I guess InMediaRes have the main hold of the BT liscence and lending it out to HB Schemes, MS, Piranha etc.
Point is, Steam release would give it some more momentum and after the recent debacle i nthe gaming industry including what I said above. The future of BT is a bit brighter IMO.

#31 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 October 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

The premise is you're a Marauder 5M in a japanese school, and you're trying to prevent other mechs from getting on with Catapult-Senpai. By. Any. Means. Necessary. Then finally, after years of social-engineering, you finally got a baby MadCat.

I like where this is going. Of course when they get together they need to move away before the MadKitten is born.

That way it sets up a plot hook for the MadCat back to move back to his parents home town for the sequel. And it would save a small fortune in dev costs seeing as we can recycle locations and artwork from the first one...

#32 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:47 PM

Ha ha ha ha! Nope.

#33 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

View PostPz_DC, on 16 October 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

It's simple - you're looking for features that aren't supposed to be there! It's not a "classic" game, its EDITOR with a game like example!

But that is not what PGI advertised MW5 would be.
PGI sold the public that it would be a FULL, COMPLETE game that had the ability to be modded.
They did not advertise to the public that MW5 would be a Modders tool with a base storyline in it.

#34 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:15 AM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 18 October 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

PGI sold the public that it would be a FULL, COMPLETE game that had the ability to be modded.
They did not advertise to the public that MW5 would be a Modders tool with a base storyline in it.

yea exactly. It was something like: The Mechwarrior Game we all always dreamed bout"...(Will NOT happen as long the same guy sits on the Boss chair of PGI)
So Mr. RB: Can we expect this Game before or after the finished version of Star Citizen???

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 October 2020 - 02:13 PM.

#35 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:44 AM

Star Citizen Alpha is way more fun than the "finished" MW5.
Instead of buying mech packs i´m now buying ships. No more money for you PGI.

#36 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:46 PM

Don't forget to put on your helmet
......gasp...gasp....
Posted Image

#37 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:22 PM

View PostGaelicWolf, on 18 October 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

They also advertised it to be on Steam, even when they were signing the deal to Epic Exclusivity.

Bunch of tossers, that's what they are.

#38 Shambler Ward

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTaucha/Germany

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:05 PM

View PostPz_DC, on 15 October 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

Most funny thing - they made a perfect game because PLAYERS can do ALL without devs and their rules… and all blame them for "nothing"... eh..
P.S. look on balance issues in MWO - there, in MW5, players can fix it all, make it all way they want and do many more things... You expect MW5 as "old-school-game-with-single-player-campaign"? You're fail, not a devs, they made a best they was able to - left players alone and let em do anything they want... MW5 is not a "game" as most of us thing - it's a base, engine, where YOU can make your own game! If you expect smth different then.. eh IDK wtf is in your head - it was told billions times here, on MWO forum by different pplz. No offence man. Just learn to think "new way" ;)

Well, MW5 is a Huge Sandbox with great posibillities. Not just a scripted single player campaign like all this boring COD waste. I love it to build own missions and to learn how the UE4 Editor works. Thanks PGI :-)

Edited by Shambler Ward, 26 October 2020 - 12:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users