• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:54 AM

Have a newbie question on MC (MechWarrior Credits) Sales Oct 2020:

Q: Can we purchase multiple transactions of US$99.95 for 32,500 ?
ie: If I execute three (3) US$99.95 MC purchases, would I get a total of 97,500 MC ?
(ie: 97,500 MC = 32,500 MC X 3 )

(Or is the US$99.95 for 32,500 MC really a "one time bonus" for this sales cycle?)

New around here, there are lots of things to do MWO-wise for me to get up to speed to make up for the lost time! Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 24 October 2020 - 05:12 AM.

#2 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:43 AM

I would not spend $300 on this game (and that's from someone that spent over $2K in 7 years).

And you will run out of things to spend 97K MC on pretty fast.

Just my 2 cents. From an old bitter vet, sitting in his cave, on an island.

#3 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:14 AM

View Postw0qj, on 24 October 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

ie: If I execute three (3) US$99.95 MC purchases, would I get a total of 97,500 MC ?

(Or is the US$99.95 for 32,500 MC really a "one time bonus" for this sales cycle?)

New around here, there are lots of things to do MWO-wise for me to get up to speed to make up for the lost time! Posted Image

What are you going to use 32500 MC for?

#4 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:28 AM

OP at this point don’t give PGI any $$. They are discussing improvements to MWO in an effort to revitalize but hang onto your $$ until there is some real movement on their end.

#5 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:36 AM

View Postw0qj, on 24 October 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

The bonus only applies to one purchase. I'm not sure if you buy a $99.99 and a $49.99 MC buy whether they Both award bonus MC. In the past the one time bonus only applied to your first MC purchase, but in the past it only was for one denomination of MC (for example one-time bonus for buying $29.99 only). I would post on the Monster Sale thread asking Matt to clarify.

Also the 30% is not the best MC deal they've offered. I believe the best i've seen is 50% bonus MC, so keep that in mind as well.

Edited by Galahad2030, 24 October 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:37 AM

View PostGalahad2030, on 24 October 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

Also the 30% is not the best MC deal they've offered. I believe the best i've seen is 50% bonus MC, so keep that in mind as well.

Good idea,

As i remember they do a black Friday sale that will be here soon.,

#7 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:26 PM

IMO the best deal is the Solaris Bundle:

7 mechs for $30 ($21 when it goes on sale).

+ Warhorns, decals and a cockpit item.

And did I mention those mechs get a 30% CBill bonus...

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:22 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 October 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

Nan, only two mechs in that pack are usable, the rest do so much worse than free cbill variants that the 30% bonus is moot.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:03 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 October 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

Nan, only two mechs in that pack are usable, the rest do so much worse than free cbill variants that the 30% bonus is moot.

Russ wonders why people dont buy mech packs lol

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,923 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:17 PM

i currently have 600 million cbills, tons of gxp/gsp to level new mechs. i went and bought the $6.95 mc pack so i could get a free light hero (i only need four more, gotta catch em all). i think im going to buy a bunch of mech bays and maybe another light hero with my event winnings.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 24 October 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Russ wonders why people dont buy mech packs lol

those bonuses are great for new players, but there is little reason to buy them when you are cbill rich. i only buy heros to collect them. pgi needs to release mechs and/or items with other bonuses. that can grind lp/rp in faction play, acc in solaris, perhaps even ones that eneble grinding of mc. they would of course be cash only purchases.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 October 2020 - 05:32 PM.

#11 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:05 PM

Thanks, I got this from Steam in July; the Solaris 7 Bundle was what attracted me back into playing MWO in the first place!

It's also got 30 days of Premium time to boot!

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 October 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

#12 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:52 AM

@11w0qj
Take forum advice with a grain of salt. These forums are full of toxic idiots, some think F2P is their god given right and that they do all of us a huge favor by logging into the game. Others, have the idea that by not spending any $ on the game this will make the devs improve it - it is pure idiocy and ignorance. Some will complain about “wasting” $$ on this game for 6 years - they are either masochists or completely dense if it took them 6 years to realize that they don’t enjoy their investment.

If you want to spend money on the game this is fine. I do suggest (also someone above) that you do so gradually - there are recurring events and sales that will allow you to optimize your investment. The most important use for MC is to buy mech bays. Like Pokemons, you’ll want to catch’em all (mechs), so you’ll need the mech bays. The second use for MC is to buy hero mechs - regular mechs you can buy for in-game cbills, after you prepared a bay for them. The rest (colors, decals, items) are just fluff so spend on that after you are happy with your bays and Heros.

To get the most out of your $$ you want to buy MC when there is MC sale, then buy a bunch of bays when those are on sale for 150 MC (now), and buy heroes when they are on sale, optimally at 50% (some are now). Buy just enough to keep you busy for a month or two till the next sale.

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 October 2020 - 01:03 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 25 October 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

@11w0qj
Take forum advice with a grain of salt. These forums are full of toxic idiots, some think F2P is their god given right and that they do all of us a huge favor by logging into the game.

To be fair, considering that they are paying for the game, at least the founders, from the start; and the whales that have i-dare-say 5000$ of purchases for the game, I do think that they are entitled to the things they are promised.

A full-priced game is at 60$, some even exceed 200$ with DLCs and expansion packs, and that is for reference.

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 25 October 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

Others, have the idea that by not spending any $ on the game this will make the devs improve it - it is pure idiocy and ignorance. Some will complain about “wasting” $$ on this game for 6 years - they are either masochists or completely dense if it took them 6 years to realize that they don’t enjoy their investment.

We were giving them money, and it still failed expectation. There are plenty of games that have even more money for development, but just as well eventually flopped. Crucible, Anthem, Marvel Avengers to name a few.

It's not the money that is the issue, it's the people, and their choices. Cash flow won't do them any good if they are still bad at choices, and that's why we would prefer they give us something to trust them again.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 25 October 2020 - 01:08 AM.

#14 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

Just to let MWO community know, this +30% MC sale is one-time bonus per denomination.
(I've just tried these below two, and confirm that it works):

ie: US$99.95 for 32,500 MC (one-time-bonus for this denomination), and
ie: US$49.95 for 15,600 MC (one-time-bonus for this denomination).

Gonna take advantage of the 50% Off for Heros and finish off my collection of:
a) All remaining Hero Clan OmniPod Mechs (Omnimechs)
b ) Get all remaining Hero mechs that comes with ECM on it.

Still don't have enough C-Bills to buy the rest of the Standard Variant ECM non-Hero mechs, hence by skill-grinding the above Hero mechs just purchased above (a+b ).

Don't care about PSR rankings, kill ratios, etc., especially since I'm perpetually playing various unskilled Hero mechs...

Edited by w0qj, 25 October 2020 - 06:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users