26 replies to this topic

#21 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:36 PM

Why hellslinger? Why whm 4l? Why 6r?

Battlemaster 1G, stalker 5s, (fb if u need the ecm, but u lose the range quirks), whm 6d, topdog or jester (if u are space rich).

Anni 1P, is a good Option if it is not ultra long range. Corsair can be nice for caustic and domination matches, where lots of people tend to bring missles.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 17 November 2020 - 10:38 PM.

#22 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:25 AM

If I have to really pick a deck, Option A would be better, however it would be much less optimal than the starter long-ranged deck that I have suggested in my guide due to the different quirks the variants have.

Yes you can only fit 2x85t mechs + 2 other mechs for the maximum tonnage of 265t.

The use of energy and ballistic weapons depend on the map. If it is a hot and long-ranged map, you would tend to see more ballistics, while if it is a cold and long-ranged map, you would tend to see more energies. There is more to weapon usage than just map temperature and range though.

Unless you are using your ammo really fast, the ammo in your 4 mechs should last the entire match.

#23 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:10 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 28 October 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

What map are you playing on in Faction? also, you need to go back and look at the minimums for Clan tech. I run all the possible skill trees with mechs that have the range quirks and still got optimal ranges under 1000 m for most.
It can be done but pales in comparison to superior clan tech.

That is the way the game is supposed to run. IS is supposed to be WEAKER than clan. Anybody that says different IS lying to you.

The problem is that most players can't handle that weak tech and the good players aren't going to remove an obvious advantage. It is like playing vs Clan while they defend. Most players just can't miss that obvious advantage as most maps players are getting hammered by Clan tech out of range while they move into position.

There is fine line between getting rolled while running IS and PGI has taken advantage of that at EVERY angle. It is SO obvious the makers are pure tech, non poptarting, no-respawn and limited weapon cool-down fans. All things that kill this game especially the cool downs which had to be compensated with something they just made up. "ghost heat"

Rule number one: if you are a plumber, don't pretend to be able to operate a surgery or fly an airplane

IS mechs are vastly superior to clan ones in every circumstance and at every range.
If you don't think so, just openthe game and go learn, you have a long way to go through

Edited by D A T A, 30 November 2020 - 05:10 AM.

#24 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:32 AM

View PostD A T A, on 30 November 2020 - 05:10 AM, said:

Rule number one: if you are a plumber, don't pretend to be able to operate a surgery or fly an airplane

IS mechs are vastly superior to clan ones in every circumstance and at every range.
If you don't think so, just open the game and go learn, you have a long way to go through

Man. You aren't fooling anyone with your clan tags. I have been playing Faction long enough to know that most players run Clan. So why is that when IS mechs are so superior? Why aren't you running those superior mechs now? pffft bs

#25 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:40 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 30 November 2020 - 06:32 AM, said:

Man. You aren't fooling anyone with your clan tags. I have been playing Faction long enough to know that most players run Clan. So why is that when IS mechs are so superior? Why aren't you running those superior mechs now? pffft bs

i am, i am using all factions, and actually all comp team mostly use IS mechs with a couple of clan mechs here and there.
go back to school kid :)

currently the best ranged mech in THE GAME is the stalker 5s 6 erll.no clan ranged mech can beat it. you can either learn the truth or keep pretending to know stuff that you don't know and keep getting farmed, your choice

#26 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 30 November 2020 - 06:32 AM, said:

Death shade I would listen to what Data is telling you. Probably one of the few remaining good players left in mwo. I’ve personally traded against him and he’s just flat out better then probably 99 percent of the people who still FP.

Just randomly sticking my head into the brown sea even though I have played twice in the last 3 months.
Ragnar out.

#27 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:05 AM

No more derailing this thread

Proof is in the Inner Sphere Puddin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users