• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:25 AM

View PostNameless King, on 31 October 2020 - 05:45 AM, said:

Bad tactics are bad

Opinions without context are bad too.

Are you referring to my opinion about tactics or to the never ending behaviour of QP players to charge to the middle of the map and run in counter-clockwise circles until one team is either dead or unable to aim any longer because they are so dizzy? Or to QP players insisting on running away from slow moving team mates, while telling them to keep up and then belittling them because they were "out of position"? Especially when most game modes are actually played in the fashion of team deathmatch anyway and therefore don't have positions beyond those that the team chose to go to.....

Then again. *shrug* meh.

#22 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:17 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 31 October 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

Better game modes with more clear defined objectives beside kill all enemy mechs or maybe do these objectives but nah it's still real just mostly skirmish. Call me crazy but the game modes we have right now to be fair feel just lazy. Wish this game would try and move away from the deathmatch mentality. There will still be loads of killing mechs but the teams will have other things to think about besides just kill the enemy team.

How more clear can they be? Kill all other mechs, seems pretty simple to me. But what does that have to do with my comment again?

We have all wished for things to be different but that wont change how things are, play the game or move along to better games, not much else to be done.

#23 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:26 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 31 October 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

Opinions without context are bad too.

Are you referring to my opinion about tactics or to the never ending behaviour of QP players to charge to the middle of the map and run in counter-clockwise circles until one team is either dead or unable to aim any longer because they are so dizzy? Or to QP players insisting on running away from slow moving team mates, while telling them to keep up and then belittling them because they were "out of position"? Especially when most game modes are actually played in the fashion of team deathmatch anyway and therefore don't have positions beyond those that the team chose to go to.....

Then again. *shrug* meh.

Plenty of context, you were the one talking about your preferred tactics, and they are bad.

Also assault players who complain about others leaving them should either learn to cope or play quicker mechs.

#24 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostNameless King, on 31 October 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

Plenty of context, you were the one talking about your preferred tactics, and IN MY OPINION they are bad.

FTFY Personal opinions are exactly that, personal.

Are you saying that a group of decent pilots in decently built 'Mechs would be unable to destroy a lance of Lights/Mediums; with the firepower of the Assaults, Heavies and Mediums concentrated on them? IF that group chose the ground they were fighting on by NOT trying to run to the centre of the map mindlessly?

Someone did say to me the other night "Remember, in QP you have 23 enemies but only 12 of them are actually trying to kill you on purpose". I guess the other 11 are just trying to do it by neglect and then blame you for being "too slow", "out of position", "not taking damage for the team", "not being part of the push" (nascar) or not "sharing armour". Hypocrisy is rife.

Oh and BTW, I'm also only playing Devils Advocate for those slow ASSault pilots as I usually play Mediums and Heavies myself.

#25 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostNameless King, on 31 October 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

How more clear can they be? Kill all other mechs, seems pretty simple to me. But what does that have to do with my comment again?

We have all wished for things to be different but that wont change how things are, play the game or move along to better games, not much else to be done.

If the game was a little less focused on deathmatch and players had other concerns about the game besides just kill enemy the game would play differently and I'm guessing a lot of the things like nacar would be less common.

Edited by SirSmokes, 31 October 2020 - 01:34 PM.

#26 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:38 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 31 October 2020 - 12:03 AM, said:

There is my point right away. You care nothing about most the players in your team. We have a team game without team players.

Matches are bad because the players are bad. It's that simple.

I care about having fun matches and I care about winning. I don't really care about other players on my team, especially if they're a detriment to the former.

Recognizing patterns over time is just normal behaviour, and one of those patterns that I've come to realize is that "going back to help an assault" is usually always a bad play because that assault will do as mentioned before. Either they'll do absolutely nothing and die, so now you're out in the middle of nowhere wasting armour trying to 1v3, or they'll use you as a distraction to run away without helping. Time and time again. I don't help them because they don't help me.

In general, people just don't have faith in their teammates, and that's usually for good reason.

#27 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

The MM is tweaked to unfairly weigh groups to give them easier matches, at the expense of worse matches for solo pugs... amongst other issues

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6339434

You're not imagining it.

#28 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:31 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 31 October 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

I care about having fun matches and I care about winning. I don't really care about other players on my team, especially if they're a detriment to the former.

Recognizing patterns over time is just normal behaviour, and one of those patterns that I've come to realize is that "going back to help an assault" is usually always a bad play because that assault will do as mentioned before. Either they'll do absolutely nothing and die, so now you're out in the middle of nowhere wasting armour trying to 1v3, or they'll use you as a distraction to run away without helping. Time and time again. I don't help them because they don't help me.

In general, people just don't have faith in their teammates, and that's usually for good reason.

You have no faith in your teammates and lot of the team is worthless. Right back to my point, the games are bad because the people playing this game are bad.

I play with a small group i can trust them 100%. If I go somewhere stupid they will go with me and we might die but it will be fun. If I yell i need help they will come back . If a push is called we push.

A team game without trust is not worth playing. It's really looking like the people who made this game fun are now basically gone.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 31 October 2020 - 01:41 PM.

#29 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

View PostNightbird, on 31 October 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

The MM is tweaked to unfairly weigh groups to give them easier matches, at the expense of worse matches for solo pugs... amongst other issues

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6339434

You're not imagining it.

I play with only groups none of these games are "easy". But then again im not one of the top 10 players in the game.

#30 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:50 PM

I rather think we need to dump this notion that QP has anything at all to do with teams.

#31 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 31 October 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

You have no faith in your teammates and lot of the team is worthless. Right back to my point, the games are bad because the people playing this game are bad.

Yes, that's correct.

I play with a small group i can trust them 100%. If I go somewhere stupid they will go with me and we might die but it will be fun. If I yell i need help they will come back . If a push is called we push.

You establishing that between a small group of friends is very different from 11 other people who often barely have the ability to walk and shoot at the same time.

A team game without trust is not worth playing. It's really looking like the people who made this game fun are now basically gone.

Sure, mostly. That has to do with skill level. I can't trust 11 other people of varying, and sometimes very poor skill level to do much to help themselves, each other or me. Not because I don't want to, but because time and time again it's proven fruitless.

Many times in the past I played group queue or even FP with large teams and no one said much at all. Why? Because everyone trusted each other to be competent enough. Easy wins with little communication (other than going up against other sweaty teams) because we all knew each others' skill level. If some guy was off in a corner farming with ac2s, it was usually fine because they were probably carrying their weight. And if they got bounced and called it out, I'd be happy to come and help because I knew they wouldn't just get blapped without a fight or use me to abscond such that I am now the focus of 3 mechs.

Trust in this case is earned and frankly, the way games go these days...Yeah, most people are far far away from earning it.

#32 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:41 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 31 October 2020 - 08:48 AM, said:

FTFY Personal opinions are exactly that, personal.

Are you saying that a group of decent pilots in decently built 'Mechs would be unable to destroy a lance of Lights/Mediums; with the firepower of the Assaults, Heavies and Mediums concentrated on them? IF that group chose the ground they were fighting on by NOT trying to run to the centre of the map mindlessly?

Someone did say to me the other night "Remember, in QP you have 23 enemies but only 12 of them are actually trying to kill you on purpose". I guess the other 11 are just trying to do it by neglect and then blame you for being "too slow", "out of position", "not taking damage for the team", "not being part of the push" (nascar) or not "sharing armour". Hypocrisy is rife.

Oh and BTW, I'm also only playing Devils Advocate for those slow ASSault pilots as I usually play Mediums and Heavies myself.

The people standing still generally lose in this game.

View PostSirSmokes, on 31 October 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

If the game was a little less focused on deathmatch and players had other concerns about the game besides just kill enemy the game would play differently and I'm guessing a lot of the things like nacar would be less common.

Nascar has never been the problem. Bottom line killing all others is the fastest and easiest way to win.

#33 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:31 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 31 October 2020 - 05:28 AM, said:

Assaults are the biggest, slowest and (usually) most powerfully armed components of the team and should be the anchor point: they should determine the position of the rest of the team and therefore should never be "out of position".
The problem that I see in the vast majority of matches is that the Lights, Mediums and quicker Heavies instantly run for the centre of every map.

Yup, never seen wedge formation in MWO.

About the rest. The problem with all things is that you have to do it yourself first. Sometimes I play with light as an assaults wingman because it's pretty intense and funny. Pretty intense sh.t when you are running around few giants who try to shot some Piranha. Won some matches that way, was able to chase away full light lance from the assaults by myself. It's also risky, dangerous and demanding. Sometimes you are in fast pace combat for 4-5 minutes. You go another game that way and again you have to run, twist, shout and shot for all the game. Who wanna play this way? Who is able? Who dare to try?

It's like bitching about that we lost cause of damn lurmers but there was only one AMS in the team.

Edited by Bistrorider, 01 November 2020 - 01:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users