I Got $5. Sell Me Something!

9 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:15 AM

you need more impulse buys in the store. after looking for things in the $1-5 price range, i was only able to find 2 things:

an urbanmech r68 for $3
and a spidere-5k(c) for $5

you really need more impulse buys in this range. not just mechs either. say 10 bays for $5 or 1-day premium time for a buck. this game needs a value menu.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:36 AM

I know your post was in jest, but I feel I should comment regardless. As all Urbanmechs are 50% off, the c-bill cost of purchasing one is well under one-million. Is spending $5 to skip four matches a reasonable expenditure?

Secondly there is a point where purchase transactions cease to be profitable. This point was achieved previously when the Locust reinforcement variants were directly sold for something like $1.80-$2.00. This was many years ago and through a company that wasn't Xsolla though so things may have changed.

Edited by Spheroid, 04 November 2020 - 11:41 AM.

#3 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 12:08 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 04 November 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

I know your post was in jest, but I feel I should comment regardless. As all Urbanmechs are 50% off, the c-bill cost of purchasing one is well under one-million. Is spending $5 to skip four matches a reasonable expenditure?

Secondly there is a point where purchase transactions cease to be profitable. This point was achieved previously when the Locust reinforcement variants were directly sold for something like $1.80-$2.00. This was many years ago and through a company that wasn't Xsolla though so things may have changed.

not really, i actually have $5 in my paypal i was trying to figure out what to do with it.

keep in mind the price of the $3 urbie includes the mech bay. i figure the cash cost of the mech bay is somewhere between $1.20 and $1.67 based on which mc pack you use as your basis. it is viable provided you don't already have a mech bay. its currently the cheapest (perhaps not the best value) path to add a mech to your inventory if you were a new player.

the fact that there is a $3 urbie available means they can swing the transaction costs at least that low. perhaps they cant turn any profit on $1-2 purchases if they have a flat transaction fee arrangement with xsolla. but if they are setup to handle microtransactions (this is what xsolla does after all) then some cheaper items should be made directly available.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 November 2020 - 12:13 PM.

#4 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 November 2020 - 12:34 PM

I would think about buying another game lol

https://store.steamp...tended_Edition/
https://store.steamp..._Steam_Edition/
https://store.steamp...Complete_Story/

#5 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 November 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

urbanmech

Sounds like the right choice to me.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

How about 5$ for a Tier reset to farm pugs?

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:50 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 04 November 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Sounds like the right choice to me.

i have all the urbies. i think i even have the damn spider.

#8 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

Agree I think making it easier to find impulse buys is important. Most FTP games have all sorts of advertising for your potential impulse buys.

#9 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

Get rid of Xsolla, give us cheaper things and more things, we will spend money. I've wanted to be able to change HUD color and/or reticle shapes for years, I'd pay for that. Cockpit items need to be cheaper, I believe those would sell more as well. Make all Heroes, Champions, etc a la carte, you will sell more mechs. Keep putting out new mechs, people will likely keep buying them, especially if they're a la carte and not tied to packages we have to buy just for the one mech we actually want.

Almost every other F2P game and even some pay-to-own and sub games I play all have better microtransaction monetization than MWO, it's not that hard. We as people want to feed our addictions and buy **** we don't need, support companies we absolutely shouldn't, so capitalize on that, we're literally asking you to.

#10 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:50 AM

plz sthap. no one in PGI reads this. no one in PGI has a clue about sales and russ won't hire anyone who has this knowledge. he thinks a bearded yes-man is for that.

Monkey Lover had the best suggestion. buy a new game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users