Enemy Shooting Thru Rocks

9 replies to this topic

#1 Charismatic Enigma

• PipPip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

What's the deal with enemy mechs shooting thru rocks on this map? Just played two games back to back on Europe server and enemy team fired thru rocks and the crashed dropship to hit most of our team, killing me when I thought I had cover If this continues, I will play something else until 2077 arrives and MWO will be erased permanently

#2 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

You were probably struck by missiles which arc over obstacles.

#3 Charismatic Enigma

• PipPip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 07:50 AM

It wasn't missiles - it was direct fire lasers and cannon thru the rocks I've about had it with this game anyway no new maps or modes for as long as i can remember NMW5 was a debacle only alive due to modders PGI should sell the IP to someone who can actually put effort into MWO instead of watching it die slowly

#4 Seth Kalasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 573 posts
  • LocationVirgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Terra

Posted 07 November 2020 - 02:17 PM

The mech is actually big and if your cockpit is in cover that does not mean that entire mech is in cover. Try to press F3 ( external view) in that place and check if your mech was in really safe position.
But do not play with external view as you’ll have a visible drone hovering behind your mech that enemy will use as a beacon...

#5 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:49 AM

View PostCharismatic Enigma, on 04 November 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

What's the deal with enemy mechs shooting thru rocks on this map? Just played two games back to back on Europe server and enemy team fired thru rocks and the crashed dropship to hit most of our team, killing me when I thought I had cover If this continues, I will play something else until 2077 arrives and MWO will be erased permanently
did you record a video?

#6 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:17 PM

I would actually be amazed if that were the case. We all know this game has ****** hit box for terrain, with the infamous invisible walls everywhere.

On the old Terra Therma, there were invisible walls so big, you could expose almost your entire mech but still be behind cover. It was hilarious if you knew where these were and trolled enemies into wasting heat

#7 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:09 AM

Normally I would say, "Classic....MWO." but in this case champ, it's the euro trash servers.

#8 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 02:55 PM

View PostCharismatic Enigma, on 04 November 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

Video, or it didn't happen

#9 Tin Roof Rusted

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

I've seen this exact thing. Starring at a bog rock I'm behind and watch lasers, missiles and everything else fly right through the rock.

Ever notice yourself being shot when you are completely hidden behind an obstacle?? Happens on more than this map/

#10 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

geometry is actually pretty good .... and the general problem here is just the 'level of detail' being displayed .... theres plenty of objects that just happen to line up perfectly with different mech hardpoints, you can shoot around things, out of small cracks, and all sorts of things ... but most people cant deal with the fact that their weapon hardpoints can be well off the screen in some mechs .... I've had many times when I've just toyed with people, because its been obvious that they can see the rocks Im standing behind properly ...

so when we say 'completely hidden behind an obstacle' .... I'd have to ask, how you got there ... because your unlikely to be receiving coverage, from the full 360 horizontal degrees, let alone the vertical ones .... and some of us ... have some real cute tricks worked out .... you can see them in anyone who plays any game to much ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users