281 replies to this topic

#121 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 04:36 AM

View PostNapoleon_Blownapart, on 27 November 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

how about some kind of tech package where you can mod any mech like make any mech jump jet capable or mask or ecm..

Great idea to make more Mechs useless because all the meta mechs can then made jump & ECM capable.

Edited by Alreech, 29 November 2020 - 07:19 AM.

#122 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:39 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 27 November 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

In-cockpit items with bonuses are definitely something worth some MC.
Challenge: MC can be gotten for free. How do you get people to buy more? Not sure.
Maybe increase the cost of 'Mech Bays?

i have scrounged an ungodly amount of mc over the years from events and rewards from fp and solaris. but i still sometimes buy mc on sale with what amounts to spare pocket change. impulse buys are good.

i dont think trickle mc from general play is going to hurt pgi's bottom line. especially if its tied to an initial buy in requirement. like sell an item for $10 which pays out 1 mc per 50 match score when its installed in your mech. such items would be cash only and you might include them as part of a mechpack.

but you might increase mc slightly in supply caches, or do mc dailies for certain mechs (sort of like the 2x xp bonus all mechs get for their first victory). and you already have regular events. but being able to earn mc whenever will make me play whenever rather than just during events and the pop goes up slightly as a result.

#123 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 28 November 2020 - 03:24 AM, said:

Legendary Mechpack :
Gray Death Commando lance Pack : Marauder,Shadow Hawk,Wolverine and Rifleman with Special GDL Camo for all Mechs to use, and Decals ,and all Mechs with a little Special Geometry (for example the Marauder with a Cockpit Armor thats looks near the old Marauder with single front Windows and Sensors) for 40$

I love that idea, in addition add some Hero mechs related to the mercs and BOOM! This should be done with other Mercenary Outfits like the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons.

Edited by Will9761, 28 November 2020 - 10:59 AM.

#124 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

Why not introduce seasons like other games? 50 levels. The last level contains the heroic mech or MC. Subscribers can get more rewards.

If you decide on this - a big request - do not limit the seasons in time. It turns play into work. And this is a terrible feeling.
Let the player do the season as much as he wants. But only one season at a time. For example, you released three seasons. A new player enters the game and chooses season #2 for the passage and reaches level 25. Then he decided to go through season #3 and switches to it, and then opens the levels of this season. When he's done that, he can go back to season two or move on to season one.

And also add a new steam pack. But don't take away the old

#125 bcadian

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:25 AM

I agree with several other posts here , buying 3-4 versions of the same mech in a pack is not what many players want , the ability to choose say 2 of 4 or 5 versions , or 1 version and a hero
would possibly sell more packs than the existing method.

#126 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2020 - 12:32 PM

View PostAlreech, on 28 November 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

Great idea to make more Mechs played now because they are jump capable or can carry ECM useless.
The exact opposite. If any mech can equip them, so can the top-tier meta chassis.

#127 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:12 AM

1. You can squeeze the casual user base a little harder.
Everyone needs Mech Bays, Mech Bays cost MC which is a revenue stream. Stop giving away so much MC - I reckon I accumulated about 20 000 in the past year or so.
Make me spend five bucks a year for Mech Bays, I'm okay with that, but I'm not going to do it if I can get them for free.

2. Rework premium time to encourage uptake.
At a certain point we all have enough CBills, so the match bonuses aren't really worthwhile. There need to be some perks of membership.
For instance, with active premium time:
* you can use any mech in game as if it's a trial mech.
* you can use any camo on any of your mechs for as long as you have premium running.
* you get bonus weighting for map selection.
* live chat while waiting for matches.
* dare I say it, priority match placement.
* you get access to special event bonuses or exclusive events.
* you get exclusive access to flash sales.

3. Remove MC consumables.
I know, it won't make money, but they're an unnecessary relic from the old days.

#128 J5P332

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:15 AM

The last thing in the world that I want in mechwarrior is pop culture garbage. I play the game to immerse myself in a futuristic fantasy of a universe in a more exciting time. If I liked NASCAR, I would go watch NASCAR or play a racing game. Are we going to put faster left turns in the skill tree? It's absurd.

#129 Tenchuu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:32 AM

View PostWill9761, on 16 November 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

Personally, I would get rid of the "Rule of 3" Mechpack in favor of letting people buy as many variants as they want or a specific type. I have a Google Slide that goes in to more depth.

But something like this:
Posted Image

It truly amazes me that the players here go to these lengths to improve the game. I've never seen anything like it. But silence is the response. Thanks for making this.

View PostJ5P332, on 29 November 2020 - 05:15 AM, said:

The last thing in the world that I want in mechwarrior is pop culture garbage. I play the game to immerse myself in a futuristic fantasy of a universe in a more exciting time. If I liked NASCAR, I would go watch NASCAR or play a racing game. Are we going to put faster left turns in the skill tree? It's absurd.

World of Warships (and I assume Tanks) has a solution for this. Approved third party mods. One of those mods allows you to restrict the ships you see to just their standard paint schemes. It has no effect on other players, it just changes what you see. That way you get the best of both worlds; attracting players to spend that are enthused and those that don't like it don't have to see it.

#130 Tenchuu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

View PostCommander Harrison, on 17 November 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

I am cool with all the suggestions; except customizable colours for our lasers.
Seeing and knowing the colours of what is shooting at you is part of battlefield strategy. Unlike say mech decals or mech colours that are purely for vanity purposes.

In regards to Premium Time, I have like over 2 months banked and I see no need to activate it. Premium Time is only helpful to newer players who don't have likes 200million c-bills already. So perhaps an "alternate" form of Premium Time should be introduced that even old timers are incentivized to buy it. What would an old timer like me like to see? I don't know... seems like I don't need anything and can effectively play for TOTALLY free. So something ought to be done to help people like me see value and dump some $$$.

WoWS deals with this by providing the option to "relearn" a type of ship for a nation. So for instance, you could relearn the Destroyer branch of the ship tree, buying and XPing your way up to the rank X ship again. When you do that it gives you discounts and boosts to your clan so everyone benefits and players that have reached endgame have a reason to keep working forward. It is clever business.

#131 Cbaz

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:36 AM

So... basically everything everyone in the community asked for is being monetized? Great. If your going to make us pay for it, just don't add in some terrible anime VO pack for £7.99 that'll make me uninstall the game? Now, a Terry Crews pack on the other hand...

#132 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:26 AM

Make your own Mech Pack Bundle.

Just base it off the Standard Pack, $20 for any 3 Mechs, with all the extras included.
Make the packs cheaper if possible. Like $15 instead of $20

For Heroes, give a discount for additional Heroes purchased. Like buy 2 and get 10% off for both, buy 3 and 15% off total price, etc....

#133 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:50 PM

New Player Packs, Starter Packs - As I already own all the 'Mechs from buying 'Mech Packs as they were released, it's hard for me to look at this from a new player's point of view. However, I do think that six variants and a "special" variant in a 'Mech pack is a bit overwhelming. I'm not a fan of "packs", as new players don't know what play style they like yet.

Themed Packs (Pop Culture, NASCAR) - I don't want modern life to get into my sci-fi stompy robot game. I didn't like it when national flags were added as cockpit items. I wouldn't mind lore themed 'Mech/customization packs.

New Items (Metallic Paints, Custom UI Colors, Voice Packs, Sound Packs, Laser Color Customization, MechLab Customization) -
  • Why don't already we have Duncan Fisher war horns? We have the voice tracks in Solaris. I'd pay money for *****'n Betty voices by the B33f, Sean Lang and other BT contributors. Maybe give them a piece of each sale?
  • MechLab customization simply makes sense. Why can't I have Davion banners in my bay? You can make seasonal banners as well which allow players to decorate if they want to, rather than forcing such decoration on the whole player base.
  • Laser Color Customization - does this mean I'd have to see rainbow PPCs and marshmallow gauss rounds? I don't care if players can change what they see on their screen, but don't push this onto everyone.
  • Sound packs - I love the idea, but since PGI does not own the rights to any of the other BT games then can't just plug them in. They could add the MW5 sounds into MWO, tho.
  • More paints - I doubt I'd pay for them, but if it's easy to do go ahead.
Improve Cockpit Item Bonuses (added value) - No competing game allows this kind of only-the-player-sees-it customization, and I love that PGI does this. However, it must be a big expense to make them for no in-game use. I'm worried that, when combined with 'Mech camo bonuses any increase in cockpit item value can easily overwhelm the MWO economy.

Other things:
I would like to see consistency across the customization choices. Decals are available to all 'Mechs, but a cockpit item only for the variant I buy it for. Camo patterns can be for a chassis. Please pick one standard.

While it would be cool to have player-created things in game (camo patterns, decals, war horns), I don't know if it would be worth PGI's expense to creat and adjudicate such things.

More pilot options? For example, have a big, furry Sasquatch hand powering up my 'Mech?

Edited by Tamerlin, 04 December 2020 - 05:51 PM.

#134 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:25 PM

For monetization, I want to see more lore decals for IS and Clans units. I've been asking for these decals for 3 years now. As a lore junkie I would really appreciate having more lore to this game, even if it's in the art department:

Inner Sphere Unit Decals:
Posted Image

Clan Unit Decals:
Posted Image

Also can we please get some Country Flags as Decals? I'm amazed that we got flag cockpit items, but not flag decals.
Posted Image

Also the Circinus Confederation Logo:
Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 05 December 2020 - 02:10 AM.

#135 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

https://mwomercs.com/dropship-deals

This Dropship Sale is the prime example why MWO/PGI is failing, and Daeron has to make a topic like this. Whoever is working in marketing doesn't understand what is value to customers. If they did, they would have allowed customers to pick any 4 Mechs in the same weight class. They're the same price. PGI just lost tons of sales for people who want some IS and some Clan mechs, which I will bet any amount of money far outnumbers people who just happens to want 4 IS or 4 Clan Heroes.

If I happen to want 3 Clan and 1 IS Assault Heroes, does marketing REALLY think I am going to shell out $80 for extra 4 Assaults I DON'T want?

#136 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:12 AM

View PostWill9761, on 04 December 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

For monetization, I want to see more lore decals for IS and Clans units. I've been asking for this decals for 3 years now. As a lore junkie I would really appreciate having more lore to this game, even if it's in the art department:

Another thing in this vein... while the iffy points of paying to get unit logo decals have already been touched upon, why not have the option to pay for a unit name or unit tag text decal? That would not risk infringing on anyone's IP

#137 VileKnight

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:59 AM

View PostHorseman, on 05 December 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

Another thing in this vein... while the iffy points of paying to get unit logo decals have already been touched upon, why not have the option to pay for a unit name or unit tag text decal? That would not risk infringing on anyone's IP

I know that the Raptor Talons would jump all over an option like this.

#138 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 07:23 PM

View PostHorseman, on 05 December 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

Where unit names could be an issue (too many letters/word to fit on a mech), unit tag should not be too hard. Isn't the max four letters?

#139 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:39 PM

View PostTamerlin, on 06 December 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Where unit names could be an issue (too many letters/word to fit on a mech), unit tag should not be too hard. Isn't the max four letters?

In that case there should be a single decal that automatically changes to show your unit tag if you're currently in a unit and just says Merc if you're not.

#140 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:34 AM

View PostTamerlin, on 06 December 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

seeing the Danger for "Kidding" Fun Names or words with harassing or sexual agressive Content ...
and with the Decalsystem ist in Moment a Pain to select own decals

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users