Mechwarrior Online 2021: New Features

2021 new features Gameplay Mode General

484 replies to this topic

#481 RenegadeMaster88

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 03:29 AM

I have really enjoyed the longer games from the event Queue. Can we have more matches that use a drop deck please. Standard rules is fine. It just reduces the Queuing time and you get more time to work with your team.

#482 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:30 AM

More maps please. your events can be quite fun. Maybe a narrative event or two?

#483 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2022 - 09:23 PM

1. The ability to sell ammo.

I have about 100x the amount of ammo I will ever need because it comes pre-loaded on any mech I buy.

When I buy a weapon I don't have, I have to buy ammo for it.

So just like any weapon/engine/equipment that needs to be purchased with C-bills, you should be able to sell ammo just like the aforementioned items for Cbills at the same 50% of purchase price market Cbill value.

2. A toggle for locking the advanced zoom to the arm crosshair, or the torso crosshair.

I play default with armlock off, just because it feels better to me this way.

I only turn on ARMLOCK to keep everything synchronized when aiming with advanced zoom at mid-far range.

Although there are many times when I have arm mounted weapons and the arm cursor is beyond the Torso camera for advanced zoom. Especially in vertical aim to knock down UAV's or mechs above or below me.

Not a big deal if the old engine can't do it, but it would be nice if we could toggle ADV-zoom to either torso or arm POV.

3. Add in more fine adjustment features into doing camo-Spec Decal placement.

It would be nice to have an entry % box for setting rotation angles, so I can always rotate a decal for example at 45 degrees, or 90, or 33.3.
A manual rotation number of -180|+180 that you can type into a box.

Up/down/left/right nudging of a decal using the arrow keys or asdw.
Also a finer scaling option for small to large so you can fit your decal.

And lastly, for those few mechs that allow it, opening of bay doors, so you can actually see what is inside, and have some fun with "BOOM!" or bright color "SURPRISE" decals hidden until you fire.

4. A keybind for ammo ejection.

Good for mechs that mostly have arm mounted weapons, that get shot off.

Like as example Rifleman or any build where your volatile ammo is not case protected, or in the legs or torso or (shame) CT mounted, your arm gets shot off and you still have ammo that could crit and explode elsewhere on your mech.

5. New cleaner high def paint and camo-spec for older IS mechs to match with newer mechs.

Good examples are the core set of older IS mechs, Jenner, Kintaro, Dragon, Stalker, Battlemaster.
I'm sure I missed a few.

Almost all of them have much lower resolution paintjobs compared to newer or remade mechs.

Like on the Dragon, its hood and other body parts are like all dirty and regardless of decal or camo-spec have blotchy dirty looking paint that is just fugly, and you can't paint them to look nice, its always just a blotchy greyish blob.

Wishlist.

New "old" mechs.

Thug, Wasp, ect. too many to name.

Current Era mechs.

Urbanmech-IIC for starters.

Clan needs more 40+ ton mediums, and 60+ heavies.

New a-symmetrical maps that lessen the Nascar effect.

Removal of Alpine hills domination mode.

Flatten out the center of the Terra-Therama remake map (not the original, nor the crucible)

Give us back the remake of the "classic terra-therma" with the upper platform, all it needed was smoothing out the terrain in the center above, and filling in a couple spots where mechs got stuck.

Edited by Cyborne Elemental, 20 December 2022 - 09:25 PM.

#484 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 21 December 2022 - 03:50 AM

I think its about time to CLOSE this topic, and create a NEW one with 2023 in title ;-P

#485 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 December 2022 - 04:15 AM

12v12 90/100 tons long wars. A great chaos that does not end easily. Posted Image

old vs new would be interesting. Posted Image

I wish there were bigger battles 20v20 would be so much fun :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users