#461 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 339 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 07 August 2022 - 02:14 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 04 August 2022 - 10:00 PM, said:

Why? It's not that empty bays cost rent or maintenance...

It irks me to no end having things that I can't convert into something more useful.

#462 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:35 AM

I do think the first step is being able to sell cockpit items for half their MC cost. There are so many standing or hanging items that I will NEVER use, which simply increase the amount of time required to scroll.

#463 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 August 2022 - 11:07 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 August 2022 - 04:35 AM, said:

I do think the first step is being able to sell cockpit items for half their MC cost. There are so many standing or hanging items that I will NEVER use, which simply increase the amount of time required to scroll.

Not a wise idea my good sirs. What you guys are doing is looking a gift horse in the mouth. You want to punish PGI for being generous with event prizes by asking to be allowed to 'return' them. What this would ultimately do is cut into PGIs' profit margins and hurt us, the player, in the end. PGI has to make money and this isn't a bad thing. It's good for them.. it's good for us. When they make money, we get a good game. When they make more money, we get a better game. They already give out straight MC, mechs that include a mech bay (bays cost MC), colours (cost mc) and even recently a HERO mech (mucho mc). Try to put yourselves in PGI's shoes, think more deeply about what you're asking and be more thankful for these generous event prizes.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 August 2022 - 11:08 AM.

#464 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 August 2022 - 02:05 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 August 2022 - 04:35 AM, said:

Or, you know, we could have a text search box for cockpit items (and same for decals, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ****ING DECALS I'VE GOT).

#465 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 August 2022 - 03:35 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 16 November 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

Remove the soup (groups) from solo queue , and you no longer have the tonnage disbalance issue, broken spawns and group / solo matchmaking balance problems . This has objectively degraded the experience of most of the people ( increased the stomps by PGI's own statistic ) and caused a lot of other problems to come up .

Initial 8v8 group queue feedback was extremely positive , and with smaller numbers plus only allowing certain group sizes to queue up you would eliminate the problems which previous group queue had when it came to finding matches for teams with 3 5, 7 and 9 people.

I think a separate event queue might be detrimental since its gonna take away people from regular matchmaking , and forcing everyone to participate in the main queue would also be detrimental since some people would just like to run "regular" stuff . But you can add a special mech (with a locked loadout , special quirks ) which would be temporarily unlocked to all players in order for them to play in the regular queue for the event rewards . Everyone could chose to play or not to play this mech , so it would be completely optional , wouldn't separate the queues and could achieve a similar effect. With a couple of downsides , but I think they are smaller than the alternatives .

In Solaris you need to be able to queue up for all 7 divisions at the same time . Solaris can be a timed event but I would definitely avoid doing the same with Faction Play . For faction play proposals I would just link Yondude's post .

EDIT:

Also, so many other games do this ... Why cant we select to play multiple game modes ( at least as a solo player ) as long as you have your builds / decks ready ? This is a "feature" which exists in most of the multiplayer games I had .Even more highly populated EA games had problems with some of their game modes being underpopulated and this was the solution . So players who enjoy certain game modes which are not popular can search for more popular game mode while still being able to occasionally drop in that less popular game mode they have selected. Instead of being doomed to wait 40 minutes in a game mode you have a low chance to play at that time of day. Staring at spinning wheel , instead of being able to interact with the mechlab ,store and other stuff is making it even more tedious and boring than it has to be .
back when we had 3 game modes (Skrimish Assault Conquest) you could opt out of i think one or two of the game modes.

#466 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 August 2022 - 05:16 AM

View PostHorseman, on 13 August 2022 - 02:05 PM, said:

Or, you know, we could have a text search box for cockpit items (and same for decals, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ****ING DECALS I'VE GOT).

It takes a bit longer to set up, but it does seem to persist between chassis: you can "favorite" the decals you use regularly.

That said, I totally agree a text search (not just for decals and cockpit items, but also for colors. ESPECIALLY for colors!) would be an excellent idea. Particularly given the very excellent (albeit disappointing) point that Daedaloss makes.

#467 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:55 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 14 August 2022 - 05:16 AM, said:

It takes a bit longer to set up, but it does seem to persist between chassis: you can "favorite" the decals you use regularly.
For a limited subset, but just try to find a specific decal you don't necessarily use often but want on a particular paintjob anyway... it can be a bloody pain, let me tell you.

#468 Tontuelo

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 04:45 AM

I think it would be nice to have a four mech drop deck for Quick Drops. You select your mech for the match during the ready screen after map and game mode have been determined. Choose the mech then hit ready. If you don't select then first to drop is the default.

This selection could be done in the square now used for map, temp and water % cuz really...that's filler anyway.

#469 TP-313 Mac

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:35 AM

View PostTontuelo, on 28 September 2022 - 04:45 AM, said:

I think it would be nice to have a four mech drop deck for Quick Drops. You select your mech for the match during the ready screen after map and game mode have been determined. Choose the mech then hit ready. If you don't select then first to drop is the default.

This selection could be done in the square now used for map, temp and water % cuz really...that's filler anyway.

I definitely second that one. Its a real pain to select a Mech in advance just to realize that it's the absolutely wrongest configured Mech for the upcoming map.
I.E. Brawler at Tourmalin Desert, LURM Boat at Solaris City, ...
I would really appreciate to have the chance to select a Mech AFTER I know which map will be played.

#470 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 October 2022 - 01:30 AM

It would also drastically shrink viable builds by map to a very narrow - and quickly very stale - meta.

#471 TP-313 Mac

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 06:43 AM

I dont think so. There are more players out there, who build Mechs to their playstyle or Battletech-Dads who play the Mechs "how they should be", than meta-builders.
Especially viable builds. You can build a brawler in different ways, a distant shooter as well. You even can mix them with medium range weaponry. Every build would be a viable build if you know where you are going to use it in advance.

On the other side, I've seen quite a few matches lost only because one team had a handful of definately wrong configured Mechs for that Map. It's quite an impact if you even have only a few Mechs who can't dish out good damage because they are brawlers on a wide open Map or marksmen on a tight surroundings map.

Edited by TP-313 Mac, 05 October 2022 - 06:44 AM.

#472 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2022 - 07:38 PM

View PostTontuelo, on 28 September 2022 - 04:45 AM, said:

View PostTP-313 Mac, on 04 October 2022 - 01:35 AM, said:

I definitely second that one. Its a real pain to select a Mech in advance just to realize that it's the absolutely wrongest configured Mech for the upcoming map.
I.E. Brawler at Tourmalin Desert, LURM Boat at Solaris City, ...
I would really appreciate to have the chance to select a Mech AFTER I know which map will be played.

Technically, Omnimechs are the only class of 'mech capable of that level of on-the-spot customization. I've long argued that such a thing should be available, but ONLY for omnimechs, as the sole reason and incentive for PGI to add IS Omnis.

Even on TT and in the lore and fluff: the advantage of Omnis over Battlemechs was in the 'mech lab, and in the repair bay, not on the battlefield.

But of course, if PGI implemented something like that, and restricted it to just Omnimechs, oh, I can hear the bitching now!!

View PostTP-313 Mac, on 05 October 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

I dont think so. There are more players out there, who build Mechs to their playstyle or Battletech-Dads who play the Mechs "how they should be", than meta-builders.
Especially viable builds. You can build a brawler in different ways, a distant shooter as well. You even can mix them with medium range weaponry. Every build would be a viable build if you know where you are going to use it in advance.

On the other side, I've seen quite a few matches lost only because one team had a handful of definately wrong configured Mechs for that Map. It's quite an impact if you even have only a few Mechs who can't dish out good damage because they are brawlers on a wide open Map or marksmen on a tight surroundings map.

"Mech-Dad" confirmed. :) I play Stock, or non-MWO TT builds as exclusively as possible.

#473 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 October 2022 - 10:10 PM

View PostTP-313 Mac, on 05 October 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

And the gap between such players and the tryhard types would dramatically expand, because the latter would pay much more attention to such a system. So would the gap between new players and established ones, as the latter have more mechs to work with.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 October 2022 - 07:38 PM, said:

But of course, if PGI implemented something like that, and restricted it to just Omnimechs, oh, I can hear the bitching now!!
It would force hitting omnis with severe nerfbats to compensate for this advantage.

#474 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 October 2022 - 02:40 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 October 2022 - 10:10 PM, said:

It would force hitting omnis with severe nerfbats to compensate for this advantage.

Not really. Omnis are already at a severe disadvantage compared to Battlemechs due to having fixed speeds, and not being able to swap ferro for endo, etc.

I am still waiting for the "de" quirkening, however. Kinda seems like we've abandoned all illusions of that ever happening. Take away 90% of the quirks, and Battlemechs will regain enough of their previous advantage for this to be a balancing feature. Currently, Omnis are as much about swapping quirks around, as swapping hardpoints.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 14 October 2022 - 02:40 PM.

#475 TP-313 Mac

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 03:24 AM

And the gap between such players and the tryhard types would dramatically expand, because the latter would pay much more attention to such a system.

Nah, not really. The "normal" playing gamers will do that too, probably on a different level. Maybe not all of them. Who knows...
And I still believe, that there are more normals than tryhards out there. This means, you will have normals and tryhards mixed up in every team which will bring the balance (usually) Posted Image

So would the gap between new players and established ones, as the latter have more mechs to work with.

Can't argue on that.
But the more you play, the more mechs you will get. Especially with the monthly free mech events. So just a matter of time...

On the bottom line, I'm certain that PGI will not implement it anyways. And you never know if they would do, what would happen/how people would behave in reality. So in my opinion it's wasted time to spend a lot of discussions about it.
BTW, this topic is in the wrong section of the forums too.

#476 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 November 2022 - 09:12 AM

advancing the timline just a little and giving clans thier HAG Hyper assault guass rifles, which could compete with IS MRM's And rotaries.....

Though i still suggest splitting the ATM into two flavors

HE minimium range 0 maximium range 270 damage 2.5/missile

ER minimium range 120 maximoum rnage 1100 damage 1.5/missile

2.New mechs

new clan mechs would be great to even out the distribution mechs I suggest starting with the easiest to make considering current circumstances

Almost any IIC: IIC mechs that are of equal or nearly the same weight should be easy to make and would require minimal editing of the original model.

Urbanmech
Locust
Commando
Wolverine (Aka Hellhound)
Thunderbolt

Mechs that would be nice but require much more

Woodsman
Naga (replace Arrow with LRMS or ATMS.

Edited by KursedVixen, 02 November 2022 - 09:30 AM.

#477 John Otis

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 06:14 PM

Protective camouflage is necessary in order to make armored vehicles visually less noticeable against the background of the environment. That is, camouflage should be selected based on the terrain. However, there is no such feature in the game. If I wear green camouflage, it will help me on the «Forest Colony», but on the «Frozen City» it will worsen my disguise, as white camouflage would be better for this map. I propose to add to the game the ability to use a different camouflage for each map. That is, the camouflage that we can now set on each BattleMech will be the default camouflage, but if a player has assigned a separate camouflage for any map, then it will be used instead of the default one.

#478 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:09 AM

View PostJohn Otis, on 08 November 2022 - 06:14 PM, said:

Protective camouflage is necessary in order to make armored vehicles visually less noticeable against the background of the environment. That is, camouflage should be selected based on the terrain. However, there is no such feature in the game. If I wear green camouflage, it will help me on the «Forest Colony», but on the «Frozen City» it will worsen my disguise, as white camouflage would be better for this map. I propose to add to the game the ability to use a different camouflage for each map. That is, the camouflage that we can now set on each BattleMech will be the default camouflage, but if a player has assigned a separate camouflage for any map, then it will be used instead of the default one.

Wonderful concept. I just worry about PGI's ability to execute it without any programmers on staff.

#479 Sare204

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:07 PM

I agree with more loadout options. We don't even need a timeline jump.
(All of these are from the Battletech Sarna Wiki and within our current timeline of 3060's)

Missile:
-MML 3/5/7/9 (IS): Would be absolutely fantastic, as long as we treat it like a 2 damage level ATM. (Short/Long)
-Streak LRM (Clan/IS): I think its about time we got these. Balance like Streak SRM's and increase cooldown.

Ballistic:
-HAG 20/30/40 (Clan): A charged burst of gauss, what's not to love? Balance with Spread/Recoil/Both
-Light Autocannons 2/5: (IS) Would open up many more roles for mechs on the lighter side (30-45 tons)

Energy:
- ER Pulse Laser (Clan): Pretty self explanatory.
- X-Pulse lasers: (IS)Continuous facetime pulse lasers, that progressively get hotter like flamers
- Heavy Flamer(Clan/IS): Longer range, more heat, more damage, cooks you faster then ever Posted Image
- Plasma Rifle (IS) Kind of like a Snub-nose PPC, that only does heat damage. (Requires Ammo)
- Plasma Cannon (Clan): Same thing, but Clan!

Also please bring me the Argus... I need that mech in this game.... and no, the Champion is not a substitute.

#480 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 December 2022 - 05:22 PM

I wish they had curtains like curtains on trucks :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users