• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:00 PM

View PostJames Nostra, on 24 November 2021 - 10:19 PM, said:

Why not ticket modes?

its a servercalculated Game, not like Battlefield ...im thinking its a Big Problem ,and you must have many servers ... =High Costs

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 24 November 2021 - 11:03 PM.

#422 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:53 AM

View PostJames Nostra, on 24 November 2021 - 10:19 PM, said:

Why not ticket modes?

What is a ticket mode for you?
Just respawning with the same mech or like FP with a dropdeck or like conquest or domination?

#423 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:05 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 25 November 2021 - 03:53 AM, said:

Just respawning with the same mech or like FP with a dropdeck or like conquest or domination?

Total Domination for one would be nice. And yes, respawns will be necessary. Unlike FP, there is no drop deck. This is also how Capture the flag will work.

Lights and Fast Mediums capture a a Flag and take it back to a designated area. More or less like Incursion.

As for Incursion: One team attacks while the other defends a disabled base. To win: The Defenders must eliminate the attackers; for the attackers to win, they must capture the base and eliminate the defenders.

Only Incursion will not have a respawn and tickets system.

Total Annihilation, Total Domination, Capture the Flag will require Tickets and Respawn. At the end of battle, the team with the most tickets wins.

This is how it worked in MW4. Meanwhile, some of the current modes like Assault and Conquest will remain.

I would love to see a Stock mode added. One where no weapons are removed and everything comes as is.

#424 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:25 AM

He probably means locking away some of the game modes behind consumable (and monetized) tickets. Which is a ******* awful concept.

#425 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:33 PM

View PostHorseman, on 27 November 2021 - 01:25 AM, said:

He probably means locking away some of the game modes behind consumable (and monetized) tickets. Which is a ******* awful concept.

No.

#426 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:54 PM

I mean tickets as in score. Think Conquest, and you get the idea. Whomever has the most tickets when time runs out is the winner.

Example: In Domination, each kill is a point/ticket. Time limit is set at 25:00. Who has the most kills/tickets wins the match.

In Capture the Flag, said Light/Fast Medium (i.e. Black Lanner) carries the flag to one of two designation points on the map ( similar to the current Domination mode). Each team defends those towers, in an effort to keeping the other team from scoring the flag.

In Annihilation: Best of five, whomever has 3 of 5, wins and in case of tie i.e 4 to 4, the team that eliminates the other wins.

#427 Erebus Alpha

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:12 PM

The QP matchmaker shouldn't only make 12v12s.

Let it adaptively make 10v10s, 8v8s, 6v6s, 4v4s, and yes, even 2v2s. If the matchmaker detects either a severe tonnage imbalance or a severe pilot tier imbalance, have it start automatically carving up blocks of players into a larger number of matches with smaller numbers of players.

Add C-bill incentives for specified weight classes too. If the matchmaker needs you in a 40 ton medium to really round out a match, then that 40 ton medium in your mechlab needs to be flashing, offering a 40% one-time C-bill bonus or something. If you want to bring a 50 ton medium or a 30 ton light, the one-time bonuses for those might only be 20%. Basically, just pay players extra C-bills to bring whatever the matchmaker needs to make a match more even.

Mechlab 2.0 would be great, better than new weapons, maps, mechs, or even a better matchmaker. Hardpoints suck. Mechcommander 1 and 2 had the best mechlabs by far, because of practically infinite build diversity within a given chassis. I still play mechcommander 1 and 2 more than I play MWO, just because hardpoints are such a godawful mechanic. With different quirks between variants, all variants would still (slightly) favor specific roles and loadouts. Sure, you could put twenty-four small pulse lasers on an Annihilator if you want to, but you're probably better off taking advantage of its autocannon quirks. Some weapons would have to be rebalanced, but that was going to happen anyway, what else is new?

Engine restrictions need to be loosened as well. I'm quite disappointed that I cannot begin putting together a Grasshopper build, by shoving a 400XL engine in it, and then seeing what lasers I can install with the remaining tonnage.

Three other points could use addressing, as it pertains to mech control and piloting:

An option doesn't exist to rotate the legs without changing the torso heading. This makes precision shooting during the initialization or conclusion of a turn basically impossible.

Arm swing (the 90-degree rotation of an arm away from the torso) needs to become a thing.

Arm extension (raising the hand of a low-slung arm to approximately shoulder height) should become a thing too. A lot of arms are uselessly low, and weapon fire coming from them often gets caught on terrain. When someone mashes the arm extension key to raise the arms of a mech, the top speed of the mech should be slightly reduced, because the mech cannot safely operate at top speed with its arms leaning forward like that. Mechs like the Jenner and Jagermech would remain unaffected.

Edited by Falconer Sword, 27 November 2021 - 01:30 PM.

#428 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2021 - 02:52 PM

He's talking about how MWLL works. It sounds like the modifier is that tickets count up from zero, instead of down to zero, but apart from that, it sounds very much like MWLL.

#429 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 November 2021 - 03:00 PM

View PostFalconer Sword, on 27 November 2021 - 01:12 PM, said:

The QP matchmaker shouldn't only make 12v12s.

Let it adaptively make 10v10s, 8v8s, 6v6s, 4v4s, and yes, even 2v2s. If the matchmaker detects either a severe tonnage imbalance or a severe pilot tier imbalance, have it start automatically carving up blocks of players into a larger number of matches with smaller numbers of players.

Add C-bill incentives for specified weight classes too. If the matchmaker needs you in a 40 ton medium to really round out a match, then that 40 ton medium in your mechlab needs to be flashing, offering a 40% one-time C-bill bonus or something. If you want to bring a 50 ton medium or a 30 ton light, the one-time bonuses for those might only be 20%. Basically, just pay players extra C-bills to bring whatever the matchmaker needs to make a match more even.

Mechlab 2.0 would be great, better than new weapons, maps, mechs, or even a better matchmaker. Hardpoints suck. Mechcommander 1 and 2 had the best mechlabs by far, because of practically infinite build diversity within a given chassis. I still play mechcommander 1 and 2 more than I play MWO, just because hardpoints are such a godawful mechanic. With different quirks between variants, all variants would still (slightly) favor specific roles and loadouts. Sure, you could put twenty-four small pulse lasers on an Annihilator if you want to, but you're probably better off taking advantage of its autocannon quirks. Some weapons would have to be rebalanced, but that was going to happen anyway, what else is new?

Engine restrictions need to be loosened as well. I'm quite disappointed that I cannot begin putting together a Grasshopper build, by shoving a 400XL engine in it, and then seeing what lasers I can install with the remaining tonnage.

Three other points could use addressing, as it pertains to mech control and piloting:

An option doesn't exist to rotate the legs without changing the torso heading. This makes precision shooting during the initialization or conclusion of a turn basically impossible.

Arm swing (the 90-degree rotation of an arm away from the torso) needs to become a thing.

Arm extension (raising the hand of a low-slung arm to approximately shoulder height) should become a thing too. A lot of arms are uselessly low, and weapon fire coming from them often gets caught on terrain. When someone mashes the arm extension key to raise the arms of a mech, the top speed of the mech should be slightly reduced, because the mech cannot safely operate at top speed with its arms leaning forward like that. Mechs like the Jenner and Jagermech would remain unaffected.

I like this idea, but I'd rather earn extra XP than extra CB. (I have too much CB, but never enough XP).

Also, did you ever play MW2 or MW3? If not, I recommend you do: they come with the original TT "Mechlab" with zero hardpoint restrictions, completely 100% open customization of whatever your heart desires. (Particularly in MW2: 31st Century Combat, where you're a line-soldier of Clan Wolf or Clan Jade Falcon and are being supplied all of your weapons, equipment, and ammo by your clan military, and don't personally have to worry about any form of logistics).

I remember playing my Uncle's copy as a kid and boating MG's on a Warhawk. Turns out the chassis to boat MG's for proper cheese was a Mad Dog, per an article I read recently.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 27 November 2021 - 03:01 PM.

#430 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:20 AM

View PostJames Nostra, on 27 November 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

I mean tickets as in score.
Then use the proper term.

Think Conquest, and you get the idea. Whomever has the most tickets when time runs out is the winner.
That's what happens in most modes, except IIRC they use kills to resolve.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 November 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

Also, did you ever play MW2 or MW3? If not, I recommend you do: they come with the original TT "Mechlab" with zero hardpoint restrictions, completely 100% open customization of whatever your heart desires. (Particularly in MW2: 31st Century Combat, where you're a line-soldier of Clan Wolf or Clan Jade Falcon and are being supplied all of your weapons, equipment, and ammo by your clan military, and don't personally have to worry about any form of logistics).

TT construction rules , not TT customization/refit rules (the latest version of which is I think in Tactical Operations?). The latter are much more restrictive, between tech crew used, time investment and requiring access to proper facilities at least for certain degrees of refit.

Edited by Horseman, 28 November 2021 - 02:25 AM.

#431 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 07:17 AM

View PostJames Nostra, on 27 November 2021 - 12:05 AM, said:

Total Domination for one would be nice. And yes, respawns will be necessary. Unlike FP, there is no drop deck. This is also how Capture the flag will work.

Lights and Fast Mediums capture a a Flag and take it back to a designated area. More or less like Incursion.

Going back means reducing the number of players at the frontline.
Most games of Incursion are lost because some light pilots capture energy cells instead of fighting or a part of the team tries a sneak attack on the enemy base, weaking the frontline.

As for Incursion: One team attacks while the other defends a disabled base. To win: The Defenders must eliminate the attackers; for the attackers to win, they must capture the base and eliminate the defenders.

Only Incursion will not have a respawn and tickets system.

Total Annihilation, Total Domination, Capture the Flag will require Tickets and Respawn. At the end of battle, the team with the most tickets wins.

This is how it worked in MW4. Meanwhile, some of the current modes like Assault and Conquest will remain.

So if a player drops in a Locust he will respawn in a Locust, if a player drops in an Anhilator he respawns in an Anhilator?
Sounds great.

The unique selling point of Mechwarrior are the short matches. Most matches are over before the 15 minute time limit ends. Adding respawns remove that advantage from the game.

I would love to see a Stock mode added. One where no weapons are removed and everything comes as is.

Great idea, that would make Hero & Champion Mechs much better.

#432 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2021 - 09:36 AM

View PostJames Nostra, on 27 November 2021 - 12:05 AM, said:

It exists for private lobbies. For public games it's not in that much of a demand - PGI tried to do stock MWOWC a while back and it didn't get much player interest.

#433 Bronurstomp

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 December 2021 - 09:17 AM

I would like the small maps already developed and used in Solaris matches, to be added as Quick Play 2v2 or 4v4 matches. Most of that development is already done, i.e. the maps are already tested and working.
Bron

#434 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOrestes Rally Point

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:11 PM

When a Command Console is equipped, introduce a "Shot Caller" feature through group. Here you wouldn't actually pilot a mech. Instead, you would ride along in the Command Mech giving direction to your team using the map tools.

#435 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,618 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:36 PM

All I want to see is new features, but fixes to maps and other bugs that are currently plaguing the game. With that, I think its not too much to ask for. However, these thing do and will take time. We, the players, need to be patient and take a wait and see attitude on some of things we want. At some point we will get them. Just a matter of when, not if is all. I got my fingers crossed for the new map, and if any indication of the work is a clue as to what Francoise did with the other maps, then the new one is going to work just as well.

#436 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2021 - 01:35 PM

View PostHorseman, on 28 November 2021 - 02:20 AM, said:

TT construction rules , not TT customization/refit rules (the latest version of which is I think in Tactical Operations?). The latter are much more restrictive, between tech crew used, time investment and requiring access to proper facilities at least for certain degrees of refit.

I never had the privilege of reading any of the original TT rules. I've been doing my best to infer as much as possible from the MechWarrior games, Sarna.net, and the various TROs and Record Sheets I've been slowly procuring over the past couple of years.

Could you point me in the direction of the exact books that list out these rules? I'd love to read them. :)

Thanks!

View PostHorseman, on 28 November 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

It exists for private lobbies. For public games it's not in that much of a demand - PGI tried to do stock MWOWC a while back and it didn't get much player interest.

I think it got more "interest" than one would believe at first glance, the problem was that those who were interested (such as myself) couldn't commit to the time requirement. Usually when most folks are coming online, I'm headed to bed, or being dragged away to eat dinner with the wife, etc. I imagine it's even worse for folks who have kids, too.

#437 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2021 - 06:28 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 December 2021 - 01:35 PM, said:

I never had the privilege of reading any of the original TT rules. I've been doing my best to infer as much as possible from the MechWarrior games, Sarna.net, and the various TROs and Record Sheets I've been slowly procuring over the past couple of years.
Could you point me in the direction of the exact books that list out these rules? I'd love to read them. Posted Image

Looking over the books now - you'll find the construction rules in the Tech Manual, although in some editions, the introductory rulebooks also covered their basics. The proper rules for maintenance, repair and customization are in Strategic Operations, on pages 166, 175 and 188 respectively. Finally, Tactical Operations includes some additional gear and its' rules.

#438 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:16 AM

View PostLajur Kas, on 01 December 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

When a Command Console is equipped, introduce a "Shot Caller" feature through group. Here you wouldn't actually pilot a mech. Instead, you would ride along in the Command Mech giving direction to your team using the map tools.

That's a dedicated commander.
If PGI wanted to add that to MWO it would be stupid to link it to the command console.

IMHO it could be done by using the spectator mode.
At the moment dead players can use the spectator mode to watch the match from friendly mechs cockpits, but don't have access to the battlegrid and the commander role.

The commander would start as spectator and can use only the commander tool.
Maybe he could also switch to 3rd person perspektive.
PGI would have to add a "Commader" to each players account that can be selected instead a mech to get a place as commander in the matchmaking process.

While this is IMHO possible, most MWO players won't follow order of some random commander, so the whole thing is more or less useless.

#439 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2021 - 07:42 AM

View PostAlreech, on 03 December 2021 - 09:16 AM, said:

That's a dedicated commander.
If PGI wanted to add that to MWO it would be stupid to link it to the command console.

IMHO it could be done by using the spectator mode.
At the moment dead players can use the spectator mode to watch the match from friendly mechs cockpits, but don't have access to the battlegrid and the commander role.

The commander would start as spectator and can use only the commander tool.
Maybe he could also switch to 3rd person perspektive.
PGI would have to add a "Commader" to each players account that can be selected instead a mech to get a place as commander in the matchmaking process.

While this is IMHO possible, most MWO players won't follow order of some random commander, so the whole thing is more or less useless.

It may be pointless and useless in the current game, but linking it to the Command Console actually has a very valid point, since the Command Console was literally a RIO position in your Cockpit. It gave you a second set of eyes to review all of your incoming radio and sensor data, as well as a 2nd set of eyes to look out the window. It would be most logically implemented by letting someone spectate just that one specific 'mech, although what they do with that once that 'mech dies and the normal pilot gets to go be RIO to someone else without a Command Console is where the argument breaks down (and breaks down hard).

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, while spectating someone, and taking an active role in observing their radar and other targets, and helping to direct their fire or warn them of threats, and realizing "this is literally the Command Console function. Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this from the get-go by adding a Command Console?" But since you get it for free once someone dies, it'd really be most useful in Faction Play, rather than QP, and can already be done by having one team member stream their game on Discord and having the RIO just watch the stream.

#440 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 08:57 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 04 December 2021 - 07:42 AM, said:

It may be pointless and useless in the current game, but linking it to the Command Console actually has a very valid point, since the Command Console was literally a RIO position in your Cockpit.

And how should it work in a game like MWO?

A player wants to play commander/shoot caller:
  • How does he select hat role prior matchmaking?
  • Even if he selected that role, that happens if no team has a mech with command console?
The fun thing is that shoot calling works already great in MWO, if you use the build in VOIP or an external VOIP solution like Teamspeak or Discord.

As lance leader it's even possible to stick an "attack" order via com wheel on an enemy mech, marking him as primary target.

And if you want a player acting as commander in a game it's stupid to link that role to a piece of equipment that other players may or may not have.
And the whole commander thing is useless if most players won't follow orders of a random stranger.
Just adding it to the game because "it's so in the lore of some old boardgame" is the worst idea in game design (and a cause for many of MWOs problems).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users