2021 new features Gameplay Mode General

484 replies to this topic

#401 Sadato

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:04 AM

Would like to see small cockpit and compact Gyro upgrades for IS. Would allow fitting of larger weapons in CT and head, and could help some variants run STD engines for better zombie builds. Would help balance some of the tech imbalance for ferro and endo, by freeing up a little extra tonnage and/or slots for IS.

#402 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 June 2021 - 08:09 AM

View PostBig-G, on 21 June 2021 - 09:54 PM, said:

Please, I'm seriously asking for the ability to sell off unused Mech Bays... I'm sitting with 20 MB's that I'm not going to be using anytime soon... I need to sell it to fund my other "addiction"...

LOL Posted Image

This should be preceded by the ability to sell unused cockpit items, and all things should be sold for MC (probably 45% or 50% of the MC cost of the item). I've got SO many standing and hanging items that I got for free that I'd love to sell for even 45% of their purchase cost to fund warhorns or camo patterns, etc.

#403 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 03:07 AM

Nice additions and mods. Really great effort to advance the player experience. However that said, your Number 1 issue remains match imbalances. This sorts out to 3 primary problems that I have seen: (1) Too many Tier 1 players and their Alts engaged in matches with Tier 4 and 5 players; (2) Obvious and ridiculous mech class/weight biases; and finally (3) groups that literally roll over an entire team almost single handedly. Or, groups that suicide or fail in order to lower their PSR's. You are not doing anything to address these nor have you hinted at how you might correct them.

I have mentioned before that the only real way to deal with it is to either temporarily or permanently introduce handicapping high tier players who are involved in matches with lower tier players using negative quirks for damage, armor and heat. Or some other scheme. Every match I play has some sort of imbalance and in 4 of 5 matches it is painfully obvious. Scores of 12-0 to 12-4 should be evidence enough that the matchmaker failed. Yes, MWO is a snowball game, they say, but a shut out is an avalanche. In my experience, the situation is worsening.

As for groups, either separate them from solo play or handicap team members in some way. Also, mitigate the group's influence in the map and match type. Groups will purposefully vote for the least popular choices to build their multipliers for a specific match later.

Lastly, your PSR system seems broken. It is far easier to drop ratings than increase them. Repeated wins and high scores do not seem to make a strong enough upward adjustment compared to losses and week scores. In my case, lately it is impossible to break out of Tier 4 no matter how I perform. However, it was stupidly easy to drop from Tier 3 to Tier 4 without trying.

#404 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:55 AM

View PostSadato, on 29 June 2021 - 01:04 AM, said:

Would like to see small cockpit and compact Gyro upgrades for IS. Would allow fitting of larger weapons in CT and head, and could help some variants run STD engines for better zombie builds. Would help balance some of the tech imbalance for ferro and endo, by freeing up a little extra tonnage and/or slots for IS.

I'm not 100% sure when that tech started showing up, but that may be grouped into the next tech upgrade that PGI intentionally stopped short of, which also includes HAGs, MMLs, Improved Jump Jets, etc. (ER Pulse Lasers? I feel like there are other new techs I'm missing, but HAGs were the big reason PGI stopped where they did).

#405 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 05 July 2021 - 09:47 PM

Hello, do you need free advertising? At home in Russia, I make videos on MWO and post my channel on YouTube. MWO lacks funds to record effective videos. One popular tank game has a function that allows you to record an entire battle into a special file and then play the battle on the game's engine. When playing a file, you can use a free camera, pause time, speed up and slow it down. If you implement the same function in the MBO, this will lead to a sharp increase in the number of cool videos on the MWO, which means that the PGI will receive free advertising and many new users. Think about it, otherwise I don't know what else to think of in order to achieve beautiful shots.
Example of my videos: https://youtu.be/U9886sncbII?t=56

#406 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 July 2021 - 11:22 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 29 June 2021 - 08:09 AM, said:

This should be preceded by the ability to sell unused cockpit items, and all things should be sold for MC (probably 45% or 50% of the MC cost of the item). I've got SO many standing and hanging items that I got for free that I'd love to sell for even 45% of their purchase cost to fund warhorns or camo patterns, etc.

Yes! Let us sell useless cockpit items and bolt-ons! I always got such things from supply caches\loot bags and I would never ever use them! Sell those for MC sounds good, do it! Thanks!

#407 Lord451

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostPCHunter, on 30 June 2021 - 03:07 AM, said:

Lastly, your PSR system seems broken. It is far easier to drop ratings than increase them. Repeated wins and high scores do not seem to make a strong enough upward adjustment compared to losses and week scores. In my case, lately it is impossible to break out of Tier 4 no matter how I perform. However, it was stupidly easy to drop from Tier 3 to Tier 4 without trying.

I addressed this in another thread, but I think it's a glaring enough problem it's worth looking at.

From the first post (https://mwomercs.com...ity-version-10/), mid tier level 3 is 2500. It's also intended to be a zero sum system, which means for every point somebody goes up, somebody else has to go down. So on average, there should be 2.5k points times the number of players in the system. Lowers rated players have fewer points, and these points were gained by highers, and when a max rank player gets a win those points disappear and when a bottom rank loses points are generated. However, both the generated and disappearing points should be equal, or close enough. This is where we were when the reset happened.

Now we start adding new players. New players come in with 0. They start earning some from the pool, possibly balancing their early losses initially, but again, we're talking averages. Let's assume they'll reach average mid tier. Say we had 1k players before this change for easy math. But now we have 2k players, all trying to go toward that middle. So instead of an average of 2500 per player, now it's 1250.

I don't know a solution, but I definitely can see how this won't work.

Edit: Added link

Edited by Lord451, 09 July 2021 - 07:58 PM.

#408 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:39 AM

Why not increase the sales and bring 4 legged mechs into the game? Don't make it too complex. Good leg armour, maybe space for headsinks, 360 degree torso with enough space to store lots of weapons and equipment.
Give the mech bonuses to climb hills and XL engines only in the bigger centre torso. Reduce their need for gyro slots.
Dig into the bag of tricks instead of just warming up the old.
Many will want to try this out and buy a pack.

#409 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:44 PM

View Postnonplusultra, on 05 November 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Why not increase the sales and bring 4 legged mechs into the game?
Too much work they'd have to do to handle them mechanically, I suspect (starting with the mechlab and damage handling).

#410 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:53 PM

I'd like to have 360 degree radar coverage. Or, barring that, a rear view mirror.

#411 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 02:13 PM

it would be nice to have the usual in battle:
field repair teams
tanks
infantry
airplanes
AI Bots for additional melee
more drops and bigger maps in Faction play

#412 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:32 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 05 November 2021 - 01:53 PM, said:

I'd like to have 360 degree radar coverage. Or, barring that, a rear view mirror.

This is literally a thing in the books: the top half of the viewscreen is a 360 image display compressed to 160 degrees, so you can see all around your 'mech while looking straight ahead. It takes awhile to get used to looking at it, but once you do, you gain a whole bunch of situational awareness. This totally seems like something that PGI could add, and it'd be just as difficult to use as the books say it is, but for everyone who can figure it out, it'd really help.

#413 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:09 AM

Great idea.
I personally would love to have a rear view mirror!!

But I believe MWO already said the game engine cannot handle rendering of a 2nd view (aka rear view mirror).

View PostC337Skymaster, on 12 November 2021 - 08:32 AM, said:

This is literally a thing in the books: the top half of the viewscreen is a 360 image display compressed to 160 degrees, so you can see all around your 'mech while looking straight ahead. It takes awhile to get used to looking at it, but once you do, you gain a whole bunch of situational awareness. This totally seems like something that PGI could add, and it'd be just as difficult to use as the books say it is, but for everyone who can figure it out, it'd really help.

#414 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:41 AM

we have Performance Problems by many Features (seeing Solaris City) and now a remdnered 2 Back View ?! its not like mW5 with his low End Grafic ,her we must calculated Shadows,Lights, effects and all the Bombast Problems of new grafic Engines..for thats you must have a Good Staff with Engineers and Programmers with good experience in the Cry 3...a Team not to find in the World now

Many people already have a problem recognizing something when they are not in Max Zoom, seeing something that is not directly in front of their cursor, or paying attention to a minimap and now they have to interpret a compressed 360 ° view and the brain process this information ???

it would be nice to have the usual in battle
field repair teams
tanks
infantry
airplanes
AI Bots for additional melee
more drops and bigger maps in Faction play

again and again and again ...pGI has not technical Crew with experience in Cry 3 (and a from other Guys with long expereince modified Engine) since 2016 for the Engine and no Chance to find a Crew with experience on the Jobmarket
Ik for feets and Legs comes not Back with this problems ,and so the Problem tahts little grund Vehicles have many Problems with the Terrain and follow the terrain .Each tahts have the Wish , please go to PGI and help by Programming thats Feature and delete the Problems

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 16 November 2021 - 02:50 AM.

#415 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

Remove groups from random matches.
groups have faction play. it's what faction play was. and is designed for, groups don't like faction play, change it's format.

Advance time line

Big No, it's add more weapons causing bigger and worse headaaches with the games balance, it's just not worth it, and without the newer mechs makes no sense.

#416 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:37 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 19 November 2021 - 08:47 AM, said:

Remove groups from random matches.
groups have faction play. it's what faction play was. and is designed for, groups don't like faction play, change it's format.

Advance time line

Big No, it's add more weapons causing bigger and worse headaaches with the games balance, it's just not worth it, and without the newer mechs makes no sense.

Exactly! All the mass buffs on weapons and now mechs has only muddied the waters of balance. I'm all for buffing weak mechs, but when we originally buffed most of the weapons.. we not only helped the weak mechs but the already powerful ones. Now we're buffing the 'weaker' mechs to allow them to catch up.. WE ARE CHASING OUR TAILS PEOPLES. This 'kid-in-a-candy-store' of mass weapon buffs and now the mech 'quirkening' has been a mess from the start. The weapon buffs could have been made and the 'fun factor' could have still been achieved without allowing such massive pinpoint alpha's.. one example.. allowing us to alpha 3 snubs was fine, but make it spread some of the damage. Also, STOP BUFFING HEAVY LASER DURATION and in general, RANGE! You're not supposed to be able to snipe with CLPL, or are you? Clan PPC's STILL too strong.. But they don't listen to me because what do I know..

PS. What's the status on the resizing?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 19 November 2021 - 01:08 PM.

#417 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:30 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 16 November 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

In this thread, lets discuss ideas for adding new features to MechWarrior Online, such as:
  • Special Event Queue (Possible Faction Play/Solaris and 8v8/12v12 Solution)
  • Advance the Timeline

I would love to see the timeline brought forward a bit more to the Jihad era. We're on the cusp of it already (game time is technically 3067) but lets go full forward with it. This would open up a wide amount of new tech for both IS and Clan mechs. HAGs, Blazers, Superchargers, MMLs, the works. Plus you guys are adding some 3070s era designs already with the customer appreciation event this year so would make sense to bump the timeline up to when they exist, maybe 3077 or so.

I know I might catch flak for this big time, but I would also enjoy the removal of the engine desync and a rework of engines on the whole. You guys only use like 1/3rd of the engine rules for XL engines in TT, which is why you can essentially be one-shot on IS mechs. Reevaluating the way XLs work based on all the available tabletop rules might open the door to IS Omnimechs to become a thing (something that would make your players very happy and willing to spend money.)

Speaking of mechs, I know you guys aren't shooting to add any new chassis to the game, but I would still kill to see the Imp and Mackie brought in just for fun. Maybe give away one variant of each as part of a christmas event like in previous years? Just my 2 cents.

#418 KishPrime

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 03:02 PM

I see the chorus is largely in favor of splitting up group and solo queue, but I have a friend who just started this year and the last time those got split up my other friend quit because all the groups were so much better than them. There's just no good way to enjoy group play with more casual friends right now, and I do not like having groups and solo split.

#419 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 November 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostKishPrime, on 24 November 2021 - 03:02 PM, said:

I see the chorus is largely in favor of splitting up group and solo queue, but I have a friend who just started this year and the last time those got split up my other friend quit because all the groups were so much better than them. There's just no good way to enjoy group play with more casual friends right now, and I do not like having groups and solo split.

No the chorus is NOT in favour of splitting the queues.. anyone in a unit or that enjoys dropping with friends is fine with the queue the way it is (even if it's not perfect) because the alternative is much worse. Stomps will never go away until player base goes up high enough. People have been complaining about them almost since the game began. Stomps are a symptom of low player base and before soup queue, player base was LOW and so MM still couldn't do anything to prevent stomps.. at least now we have a choice to drop solo or with friends.

I remember before soup queue, you could only drop during certain times of the day without having to wait up to 10 minutes for a drop.. like I said, soup queue is not perfect, but it's a helluva lot better (mostly instant drops, playing and coordinating with friends, etc.) than the alternative (boring solo drops, dropping during peak times only, etc).

FIRST we must increase player base BEFORE even thinking about disallowing groups in queue..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 November 2021 - 03:16 PM.

#420 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 10:19 PM

Why not ticket modes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users