#381 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:03 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 May 2021 - 08:04 AM, said:

Yeah but still i'm surrpized nobody commented on how I think HAg's should work if we ever get them.

on a side note i'd like to see more IIC mechs like the Hellhound (wolverine IIC) Battlemaster IIC and such.

#382 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:07 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 May 2021 - 09:03 AM, said:

that would work but how the heck??? and on an arctic wolf?

Edited by KursedVixen, 21 May 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#383 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:18 AM

Well, to start with, a HAG/20 is the same size and weight as a UAC/10.

#384 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 May 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well, to start with, a HAG/20 is the same size and weight as a UAC/10.
yeah but you'd have to dump the engine down and maybe some of the jump jets... wish he would have shown the damage which should be a total of 20 but the spray would allow someone to try to spread the damage.

Edited by KursedVixen, 21 May 2021 - 09:26 AM.

#385 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:29 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 May 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

yeah but you'd have to dump the engine down and maybe some of the jump jets... wish he would have shown the damage which should be a total of 20 but the spray would allow someone to try to spread the damage.

Well.... look at some of his other videos. Posted Image He was messing with the game's base code (he'd have to in order to make a HAG), and in some of his other videos, he used that editing to put 100 jump jets on a Locust, and an XL400 engine and two gauss rifles on a Locust. Posted Image These things only work in the Academy and Testing Grounds, which are locally installed and don't go out to PGI's game servers to be cheat-checked.

The videos are fun and funny to watch, but are demonstrating some absurd extremes. :)

Edited by C337Skymaster, 21 May 2021 - 11:30 AM.

#386 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 May 2021 - 09:07 AM, said:

that would work but how the heck??? and on an arctic wolf?

https://mwo.smurfy-n...a813208f7093c92

#387 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:26 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 May 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

alternatively

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 May 2021 - 08:26 AM.

#388 Mergins

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:37 AM

Wishlisted,

#389 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 10:10 PM

So i noticed that the inner sphere skill tree has higher amounts for some skills, I FIND THAT WRONG the skill tree should be the same values for both sides or at least the clans should get the higher cooldown and laser duration quirks... clan should get higher values for heat gen laser duration and cooldown because clan lasers have a longer duration and their autocannons all but the LBx and 2 fire in burst and their weapons are generally hotter esepcailly energy.
Clan
Posted Image
IS
Posted Image

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 May 2021 - 10:13 PM.

#390 DarkEnergyBurn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

Here're a couple of things that could make things more fun and would also be useful for balancing aspects:

1. Recoil: MW5 has this. You fire a big gun, you get knocked around a bit. This feels good and it's a skill-based way to balance high-damage weapons.
2. Secondary effects: Again, MW5 has this with the sensor/HUD interference whenever you get hit by a PPC.
3. Weapon Deviation: Mainly for ballistic weapons, but having a weapon deviate (within reason; we're not talking about the AR from Halo, here. 1-2 degrees would be sufficient in most cases) from the intended point of impact. Larger caliber weapons could have a larger deviation to help mitigate high Alpha Strike builds.
4. Skill Tree: If you absolutely MUST have a skill tree, revise it such that I can actually make intelligent decisions about where I want to place my points instead of forcing me to slog through a bunch of meaningless nodes to get where I want. A good example would be the Mass Effect skill system. Not the fanciest, but it doesn't need to be. It just needs to be functional and feel good; the current skill tree does neither.
5. Revise Cockpit Shake: Instead of making the screen shake with no other effects, make it so that the receiving mech actually feels the impact in the point of aim, speed, trajectory, etc.

View PostMergins, on 22 May 2021 - 08:37 AM, said:

Wishlisted,

This is the thread you're looking for, bud.

Edited by DarkEnergyBurn, 22 May 2021 - 11:02 PM.

#391 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 12:55 AM

View PostDarkEnergyBurn, on 22 May 2021 - 11:02 PM, said:

Here're a couple of things that could make things more fun and would also be useful for balancing aspects:

1. Recoil: MW5 has this. You fire a big gun, you get knocked around a bit. This feels good and it's a skill-based way to balance high-damage weapons.

3. Weapon Deviation: Mainly for ballistic weapons, but having a weapon deviate (within reason; we're not talking about the AR from Halo, here. 1-2 degrees would be sufficient in most cases) from the intended point of impact. Larger caliber weapons could have a larger deviation to help mitigate high Alpha Strike builds.

This was discused in the Beta, after the weapon convergence was made faster, and the players don't wanted it.

Recoil and Weapon Deviation are stuff in arcade shooters like CoD, Battlefield and ARMA, and it's often link to non skill based mechanics like player movement (running, crouching) or actions (targetting over iron sights).
Some guys even thougt it would be funny do let non skill stuff like heat level, critical sensor hits oder damage arm actuators affect the Weapon Deviation.

But most MWO players prefer a skill based game play like in Unreal or Quake, without deviation were only the players skill with mouse and keyboard affect the hit.

#392 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:22 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 May 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

So the build I came up with was as close as possible to what he was running in that video: If you watch through the whole thing, he gets up to top speed at one point, and that engine is what gives that top speed. (It's also possible he only had one ton of ammo, instead of two, but most likely he just didn't care about armor since the build would only work in the Testing Grounds where nobody shoots back).

#393 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:58 AM

View PostAlreech, on 23 May 2021 - 12:55 AM, said:

This was discused in the Beta, after the weapon convergence was made faster, and the players don't wanted it.

Recoil and Weapon Deviation are stuff in arcade shooters like CoD, Battlefield and ARMA, and it's often link to non skill based mechanics like player movement (running, crouching) or actions (targetting over iron sights).
Some guys even thougt it would be funny do let non skill stuff like heat level, critical sensor hits oder damage arm actuators affect the Weapon Deviation.

But most MWO players prefer a skill based game play like in Unreal or Quake, without deviation were only the players skill with mouse and keyboard affect the hit.

I strongly doubt they were suggesting that to be "funny". That's literally how battlemech combat is defined to work. That's "realistic" within the context of the game, and adds extra skills (heat management, overcoming damage), to balance gameplay. I've always wondered why we were missing 90% of the heat mechanics, and what you're saying is: the players thought it was making the game too hard for them, and they wanted it put back to easy-mode?

#394 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:11 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 May 2021 - 06:58 AM, said:

I strongly doubt they were suggesting that to be "funny". That's literally how battlemech combat is defined to work. That's "realistic" within the context of the game, and adds extra skills (heat management, overcoming damage), to balance gameplay. I've always wondered why we were missing 90% of the heat mechanics, and what you're saying is: the players thought it was making the game too hard for them, and they wanted it put back to easy-mode?
Eh if you want easy mode just play Inner sphere mechs...

On a slightly more serious note, yes fix the skill tree i barley use most of it because it takes too many points to get to heat reduction stuff like cool run and heat containment, because there's too much useless stuff i don't want or the same with the sensors tree, some of these trees need broken up the firepower and armor trees are the best ones in my opinion there's very little useless stuff in them, and everything in there is generally good. (Aside from Ams overload in armor maybe)

On the topic of recoil i don't think even with how big mechs are that the recoil reduction systems can fully compensate for recoil, on the ohter hand Crouching would be something nice it's in MWLL basically crouching makes it so you can't move increases lock on speed, and if you put in recoil might allow you to recive less recoil imput... so say like your shadow cat sniper crouches down to fire a guass slug by crouching down it reduces the recoil and increases maybe, information gathering? while also making the mech a smaller target that's harder to hit. The problem with crouching though in MWO is it has to be quick enough to not get you stuck somewhere while you reposition... needs to be quick like
https://youtu.be/-xADbiXQsYA?t=191

perhaps a crouch like how it works in FPS games where it's not toggle but a press and hold button?

as for a bind i'd say move look around to Alt and use the ctrl key for crouch ,but that'd just be the default.

So crouch in MWO makes you a smaller target speeds up missile locks, increases info gathering time (only while crouched) you can't move your legs but your torso can move.... would that work if they could implement it?

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 May 2021 - 10:47 AM.

#395 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:30 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 21 May 2021 - 04:34 AM, said:

I definitely agree with the muzzle flash toggle. In my case, I agree with it for exactly the same reason the Flamer graphic was changed nearly 6 years ago: while the original flamer visual was much more enticing and realistic, it was HELL on graphics cards, and caused massive drops in framerate. All other impact explosion effects on the receiving end do essentially the same thing: they bog down the graphics card and make it difficult for the receiving player to respond to the attack.

EDIT: Okay, I'm talking about impact explosion effects, HOWEVER: as a non-epileptic person, when I went to use the trial Mauler, I literally had to NOT FIRE the two AC/2's up near the cockpit, because it was hurting my eyes and giving me a headache. I can't imagine the effect that would have had on a person who actually has epilepsy and is sensitive to such things.
on another note toning down the projectile explosion would be nice too i'm getting blinded by Rac fire all the time, if flamers are gonna get a graphic change to their fire so should all Ballstics.

#396 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:11 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 May 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

on another note toning down the projectile explosion would be nice too i'm getting blinded by Rac fire all the time, if flamers are gonna get a graphic change to their fire so should all Ballstics.

And missiles. Basically everything that explodes. It's really nice graphics, but for some reason it's hell on computer processors (and always has been).

#397 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:51 AM

On day in the far off future. After this game gets all the love and resource it needs. I would love to see it receive some titanfall esque grunts. In the form of bringing over the tanks, vtols, and infantry from mech 5. Its always seemed odd to have two complements of battlemechs with zero support troops. I'm not sure how it all works but it seems that the models and behavors are all there just ready to be used.

#398 Sheridan Mackison

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:08 PM

Not sure where I should post this, but on the mission summary at the end of a match it would nice to see how much damage you did with arterillery/air strikes.

#399 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostSheridan Mackison, on 21 June 2021 - 03:08 PM, said:

Not sure where I should post this, but on the mission summary at the end of a match it would nice to see how much damage you did with arterillery/air strikes.

Great idea.. better yet, why not summarize how much damage you've done with each equipped weapon? We already know the server measures these metrics already, why not show it? It will help us in the mechlab..

#400 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 21 June 2021 - 09:54 PM

Please, I'm seriously asking for the ability to sell off unused Mech Bays... I'm sitting with 20 MB's that I'm not going to be using anytime soon... I need to sell it to fund my other "addiction"...

LOL :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users