#281 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:29 AM

View PostHawk819, on 05 October 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

I would love a Capture the Flag and Stock mode.

Make faction play a stock mode, 3 lance IS vs 2 star of Clan and equal from both side for IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan.

#282 DEVVAROW

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 11:35 PM

What if the spawns were closer together and were in different places. For example if you think of a map with 10 dots on it... those dots could be spawn points and are paired to have the friendly team spawn in one of the two and the enemy in the other. So, 5 pairs of dots on a map. Each game the points change, so it's not always the same. The points need to be close together, so the matches get started quicker and happen in the localized areas that the spawns are placed (by PGI management). Think of forest colony (new) it is a large map, enough for many different battle locations... I would say you could fit 20 dots on that map and have 10 different pairs of spawn points.

This would increase the play-ability and traversal of each map. Every map could be battled in and explored, fully. In addition to this added feature, a new way to launch quickplay could be implemented. For example, battles start by clicking on quickplay... what if, before you clicked it you had an option to pre-select 5 mechs or something of this order and upon this selection, in-game you are able to continue on. By my meaning of this "continuing on" I am referring to the classic sequence of MWO. It goes like this: click quickplay... play a game (load the map, then countdown the briefing screen and launch game) once the game has been loaded and you drop in the game starts. You make your way to battle, which takes some time... not too much, but there is some time where you walk to the battle zone, the middle... Once you are there you fight in a classic cowboy-behind-a-barrel style shootout with two packs of unmovable objects. Upon death you either watch your team, until the end of the match... or you move on and reload the lobby. Repeat from step one, if you can.. or select another mech to fight on. The quickplay button is pressed and, once again a series of loading screens and such until you reach another battle... and so on and so forth. NOW, what I am saying here is to continue on is to PRE-SELECT some mechs (so you have some check boxes on your mechs, right?), once you click quickplay you do not exit quickplay, until you actually click in your menu to exit. So as you die in each match a new match is already hot coming off the press and you can drop into that one in a pre-selected mech... well not hot off the press, but at least this process could alleviate some waiting times by having players in a perpetual queue, only not being in the queue if they are still in a match. So for example I am in my pre-selected mech scenario and I die... I choose not to spectate, so I go into a mech in the pre-selected ones I have selected for my battling... I would like to see this particular part optional... so if you wanna choose one of the pre-selected mechs, you can... or it will just choose one of them at random, if you wanna spice it up a little.

It is really that simple: make spawns more in number (more actual spawn points) and closer together, rotating in a random fashion and make it so that you can be in a battle queue, with several of your mechs (maybe 5?) from the time you click quickplay, until you exit... only being absent from the queue whilst playing a match, or spectating, allowing you to continuously be launching into games, one after the other. Cut out the re-select mech thing it is just horrible to spend so much time not battling. No need to load the lobby and select mech, then click quickplay again. Just let us choose some mechs and hit the battle. Period. As for the spawn point thing... be creative and have the players face off in zones on each map. Choose these zones, as you will. It is your game to create.

EARLIER POST: "I have a general observation. I have noticed the obsession surrounding the location of the starting point of the lances in the teams. I can say with utmost certainty that the way there is a fixed spawn point is the first mistake. Another thing that is wrong is the way the teams are placed far away from one another and made to place themselves accordingly throughout the procession of the match. This initial spawn to battle transition can be critically detrimental and it starts with the way the teams are placed far away and the spawn points always being fixed to this attribution. My proposal as a solution to this multiple point problem is to dissect the problems at their cause or source. There is optimum capability and adaptability in mechs, that is not the problem here. It is the players and they cannot be made to position themselves accordingly in a battle situation 100% of the time. MWO spawn point placement can help with this: multiply the variations and the types of matches played can be almost endless. As it stands the spawn points are fixed and thus mech placements and ultimate battle locations generally form in the central regions of each map. This is the main problem in having no variation in each game. If the spawn points were placed closer together so the teams have to engage each other at an instant and place them at different locations. So on one game the two main placements (enemy and friendly) are placed up in the corner of the map, close together and in that fight the mechs are already in a battle position. The next game on that map and same game mode the mechs can spawn in a different region of the map, but same again close together so the game can start and not be the first 2 minutes traveling and the assaults getting chewed up from behind. I hope this comes across as understandable.

To conclude, if the spawn points on maps were strategically placed to offer multiple plays on the same map by placing them closer together and in different locations, but these locations must be paired (enemy and friendly) so that they are: 1) close together.... 2) in locations that offer optimum plays in the game for a battle (i.e. game coordinator setting up the game to play the game nicely plz) and 3) are different so in big maps like forest colony that is like more than 5km squared or something a battle can actually happen in different places, like in the open corner with all the water that never gets used and stuff like that. To elaborate for examples sake you got a game on terra therma domination ok... this can be arguably one of the most set games ever... change the spawn points so the enemy is close to you and all of a sudden, instead of walking to the middle and waiting you have no choice coz the enmy is upon you and you must fight then and there while the domination circle is taken care of by those of the team that are made to take care of it. and on the next terra therma match that is domination the spawns can be placed on the other side so when the game starts it isn't the same as the last game. Sure you have to hold the circle like before, but now you are in a different place and thus a different game is played. Instead, what we have is in these two games depending on pure luck you could be placed in a seemingly random location far away from your other lances and very very far away from the enemy and to make it worse, those locations you spawn at are set and cannot be changed... the only thing you can hope for is to be on the other side next time or something like that. Way too far away from anything, friendlies and enemies alike. So it doesn't matter, anyway coz the spawn points are not complex and thought out enough.

Simply put the spawns closer make then tactically viable in a game-play situation. I could go on for days about it... polar highlands... you can have like 10 different battle locations there, but due to the spawns not being compatible with each other all you get is the first 3 minutes wandering to the middle. Same thing every time. My point is clear. That could be made better by making the 10 battle zones and highlighting them on the map. Choosing the spawn points for the 6 lances so that they are clustered around that battle region/zone. The game would all of a sudden have 50 more maps that were always there, but were never discovered... Grim plexus borders never get used to battle in, but were made to be one of the funnest battle zones in the entire game. Such a let down to have no battles there coz of this spawn point thisn. Skirmish and domination grim plexus and assault for that matter all identical games.... If you changed the spawn points up to my suggestions those 3 games resulting in one could be made into 3 types with more than 10 spawn battle zones for each and then it goes from being as useful as 3 games being one game to 3 being like 30 different good games. I hope you can understand this. The battles can happen in the entirety of the map at all times, for the most part.... Otherwise they can all happen in the middle and resulting from a transition from one side of the map to the middle, just as the enemy does. Same thing every time...and the predictability of this is what causes the infinite loop of doom spiral as the lights come in to nibble the ankles of the assaults in each of these instances. so predictable and so easy for these parasitic leeches of mech to survive and thrive in this absurd world of utter disappointing spawn placements. Also... these particular mech pilots engage in battle after battle, not attempting to get any notable damage or make any worthwhile c-bills. All the while having light mechs in their garage and not understanding the main aim of the game is to do damage and destroy mechs by using heavy firepower and armor to achieve this. That is the aim of the game to get bigger and badder robots that use more weaponry and have more armor until you have the most expensive and heaviest battle mech there is. That is the name of the game. Light mech pilots, for the most part cannot afford big robots and are perpetually in this state of doom spiral infinity loop. They go into a match with their mech they spent a quarter of their cadet bonus on and slowly climb the ladder of little mechs until they have about 60 and only 4 assaults or something absurd like this. Their way of thinking is corrupted and not in line with the game play. It ain't about using exploits from spawn point placements in a cheap little mech coz you can't even score high enough or wait long enough to get a good mech that can actually do good damage, regardless of pilot skill level. Play the darn game for what it is: a game where you start in a small robot for the first 10 or 20 games and then you upgrade. You upgrade not stay at square one with light and medium mechs ruining the entire game for everyone else coz you have adhd."

#283 Trepmal

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 01:09 AM

In battletech you occasionally have an encounter that's something along the lines of, "many small to heavy mechs vs 1-2 superheavy mechs"

That'd be really cool, and a fun way to add a couple superheavy mechs without completely tossing balance upside-down. Superheavy mechs are also typically piloted by a team of 2-3, so you could have people queue up for the mech and position they want to play, or even be required to queue as a team to begin with.

There's also, although rarely used, some rules for fighting giant biological enemies. A PVE mode would be a cool break from the constant PVP.

#284 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:06 PM

Hope PGI still checks this thread cause I think the current version of FP could work with a few tweaks.

1. Here it goes please please please bring back unit tags on planets basically killed the whole purpose of playing for me don't even have to award the MC just the planet tag will do.

2. This one would be a bit tricky and may not be possible but as a loyalist we need to be able to choose our attack path maybe a vote like the old days but still all in a single que too few of players these days I know. Maybe take the top 4 vote for clan and top 4 for IS and which ever gets the most wins is the planet that gets tagged the rest considered defended, meaning if clan wins the conflict and clan wolf unit x score the most wins then the planet clan wolf voted for flip to them and clan wolf x tags are on that planet.

3. This one deals with groups can not have planetary conquest without large groups not enough player to split the que so lets ad a dropship fee for every group over 4 takes a percentage of the players in the group earnings ( also side thought make it where a unit can rent a dropship for the duration of the conflict payable with unit coffers FINALLY a use for those things).

4. Lastly, ( then I will cross my fingers someone reads this) This one is about helping new players teamwork op facts best way to promote that is incentivizing new players to join a unit a good way to do this is allow a unit to use coffers, ( I know again with these mysterious things) to purchase mechs set them up and allow other members of the unit to use them in there drop decks. Allowing ranking officers to regulate this through the permissions settings in rank setting on unit tap no skills just fully setup mech making to where they would want to farm there own but narrow that awful gap between complete new to the game and grizzled veteran.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users