• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

No-longer-playing-forum-lurker here.

If you could pick two items from the potential change list:
https://mwomercs.com...pdate-daeron-02
that would make you come back to MWO what would it be?

For me it would be:
  • Fix Mech Mobility (Desync)
  • Weapon Balance Pass
I really thought there was a "timeline advancement" expecting new weapons, so i picked "Weapon Balance Pass" instead assuming it is more than just lip service.

Edited by Antares102, 17 November 2020 - 11:28 AM.

#2 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:17 AM

• Skill Tree / Grind Reduction
Too many unrelated nodes on the skill trees that you have to select to get to the ones you actually want. I shouldn't have to select range nodes to get to laser duration nodes, for example.​
  • Rescale 'Mechs (for fun and role vs volumetric)
​The last rescale was done improperly. So rescaling is a big one, pardon the pun.

Edited by Lanzman, 17 November 2020 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:43 AM

- remove groups from the solo queue
- create a working matchmaker

#4 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:56 AM

Way more than 2 things need fixed for me to re-open my wallet...may return to play what I now have, but major changes needed for me to invest in this vice other games

- Matchmaker revamp
- New game modes and more creative play options (Maybe even some co-op missions mixed in, but MW5 gives me little faith they know how to do it)
- Weapon balance pass
- Mech handling (something not right here and I do not think it is engine de sync)

New mechs are always good, but not buying more of the same without game infrastructure improvements...this is a big statement from an almost compulsive mech collector at one point

#5 Spyco94

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

Mech Volume rework & unique quirks.

Firestarters, particularly the Firestrom hero, are trash. Too big, not fast enough, can't pivot down far enough to use it's poorly mount lasers, and in the case of the Firestorm, 0 durability quirks that all the other ones get, all because it has at best, marginal mobility improvement over the other models.

Edited by Spyco94, 17 November 2020 - 10:48 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:00 PM

im not really gone, just waiting for the next event. i cant grind my hero collection without mc payouts.

id even be willing to buy a $$$ item that would enable grinding of mc.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 November 2020 - 05:05 PM.

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

I never quit, but I will spend some money if we get

Working Match Maker
Volumetric Mechs

#8 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:31 PM

MODES > General Match Maker Improvements

NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE > Update Wiki / Add Wiki Contributors (Not really for me but the game needs it.)

MAPS
  • New Community-Driven Map (Community input from start to finish

If they bad we blame the community :P

#9 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:39 PM

1. Skill Tree / Grind Reduction

2. (Not in the list) Scrap consumables. Remove Cool shots, air strikes and artillery strikes completely, make UAV an equipment, taking up critical slots and tonnage for each additional probe.

Edited by ingramli, 17 November 2020 - 10:40 PM.

#10 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:18 PM

Fix Mech Mobility (Desync)
Weapon Balance Pass

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:20 PM

Just two? I know the bar is low, but my god it's ******* low. Honestly, I'd rather they do everything in the list, so not to waste our time.

But in the spirit of the inquirly, I'll indulge you. Fix match making -- that means no more soup-queue and proper secondary balancing of teams, and then Rescale. The balance passes will come eventually anyways.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 17 November 2020 - 11:21 PM.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:14 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 17 November 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

- remove groups from the solo queue
That isn't realistically happening. If PGI does that, they will lose a lot of the grouped players entirely. Best that can be hoped for is a matchmaker adjustment that will correct for groups better than the current one does.

#13 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:19 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 November 2020 - 03:14 AM, said:

That isn't realistically happening. If PGI does that, they will lose a lot of the grouped players entirely. Best that can be hoped for is a matchmaker adjustment that will correct for groups better than the current one does.

Sounds like premades are not willing to play unless they are fed solos as target practice. No surprise here. The premades should not be surprised when the solos move onto other games though.

Edited by Knight Captain Morgan, 18 November 2020 - 03:19 AM.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:01 AM

Nothing on this list will get my old unit back to playing. They're even still on the discord just not coming back for this.

Have to be an open world faction play universe or something to this scale to get them to come back.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 November 2020 - 05:01 AM.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:05 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 18 November 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

Sounds like premades are not willing to play unless they are fed solos as target practice. No surprise here. The premades should not be surprised when the solos move onto other games though.

I only drop in a group because i like playing as a team on a team game. My win ratio is around even Im not farming anyone. If i could go back to group Q I would in a second.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 November 2020 - 05:07 AM.

#16 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:00 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 18 November 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

Except groups can be everything from competitively-minded premades to and including joe random and bob random who want to pew pew at giant robots with a buddy while getting progressively more drunk.

And in your unreasonable fear of the former and desire to exclude them, you'd rather write off the much larger semi-casual and casuar grouped players as collateral damage. As multiple players have attested previously, if they do not get to play as a group with their usual wingman (and they didn't get to, the group queue was too low-pop to create matches for a long time) they will rather **** off to another game.

Edited by Horseman, 18 November 2020 - 06:35 AM.

#17 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:21 AM

Fix the samey game modes and tighten those up. Fix the over all structure and reward structure of matches. Add respawns .to conquest and incursion in quick play. Take respawns out of skirmish assault and domination in faction. Fix assault so it not skirmish with a base.

#18 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:07 AM

All of them. Pgi needs to get off its fat *** and do some major work even if they aren't making money right now or they won't make money later when every one finally says **** this game and goes to to other games. They can do their own work data mining our eight years of feedback here. Such a shame this isn't twitter. Echo chamber er er er er

#19 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:17 AM

The rolls, and seal clubbing have to end. I don't mind being the ******* with the lrm40s, being called a coward and unskilled because some people don't know how fire support works. What i do mind is the fact that new players are having a really bad time, and even returning players are just getting stomped every other match by people who stomp for a living.

#20 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:20 AM

View PostNovember11th, on 18 November 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

The rolls, and seal clubbing have to end. I don't mind being the ******* with the lrm40s, being called a coward and unskilled because some people don't know how fire support works. What i do mind is the fact that new players are having a really bad time, and even returning players are just getting stomped every other match by people who stomp for a living.

Why there forum warriors who fight to the death too keep quick play group and solo together. They love to stomp and get easy matches. I say take match size down too 8v8 and make another quick play that 2 groups of 4 lances

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users