#41 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 26 November 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

PPS: This is what PGI thinks about us fans.
https://soundcloud.c...-recap-03-02-18

Honestly can't tell if he's drunk, trolling or this is a great parody.

#42 Altered Beast

• Pip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:01 AM

Yep no surprises with this decision. Rag on PGI all you want but at the end of the day you're here and when the time comes for its release you'll still be here because that's what loyalty to the IP is all about. So have a drink, dry a tear and keep on keeping on till that day comes.

#43 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:19 AM

View Postw0qj, on 25 November 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Actually PGI is chasing THREE (3) hares, and not two.
~Also Russ mentioned about that unnamed "new IP" they are starting to think about.
[Edit: this "new IP" might not be related to the MechWarrior IP at all ]

Which means that all funds generated by the *supposedly* revived MWO and the MW5 Steam release (whenever that happens---2022?) will be diverted solely to this new IP, just like Transverse (which used the Clan Wave 1 money), and then MW5 (which used the remaining MWO mechpak money), despite PGI denials to the contrary. Don't count on MWO and MW5 to receive any further development resources from this...like before, it's a swindle.

#44 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 26 November 2020 - 04:48 AM, said:

Honestly can't tell if he's drunk, trolling or this is a great parody.

Brings to mind Doc Holliday's Latin quote from Tombstone when he's verbally dueling with Johnny Ringo in the Oriental: "In Vino Veritas--In wine there is truth."

#45 Arestris

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:46 AM

Wow ... I'm actually day for day more happy, I refunded as soon as I heard, you go Epic exclusive ... one of the best decision in my live. Guess I get this game than for 5 bucks on steam X-Mas sale 2022 or something alike.

#46 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:51 AM

So did i unterstand it correct that MW5 will come to steam in Spring 2021 ??? i thought i can finally play it this year :(

View PostArestris, on 26 November 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

... one of the best decision in my live.

really? thats sad when thats one of your best decisions in your life Posted Image but i am also waiting for steam relase. i can not understand why they wait. the longer they wait the less i am willing to pay for it since it will be an old game when they release it.

#47 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:11 AM

Fans ???? its like Star wars by Disney ..wtf ...the new kids on Block the goal ,thats come in , seeing colorfull Pictures and forget what seeing the next day ...Marketing Cowfolks

Its like mcDonalds ..come in ,eat undefined Feed ...goe fast and comes faster and more hungry back for short time to eat the same terrible Feedscrap

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 26 November 2020 - 08:14 AM.

#48 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:56 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 26 November 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

Wow....totally forgot how bad he made himself look

#49 uwuziel

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:25 AM

Ah, it's always mixed feelings seeing content pushed back. I can see the reasons behind it all though. Crossing our fingers things will be better than we had hoped!

wait this pushes back the Steam launch date?

oh come on

#50 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:14 PM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 26 November 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

Soooo...anybody remember when they told us it was a quick decision to release on Epic, one they did not know about for a long time coming??? Same bs here. And now we have the Beard talking about how nothing can be done on MWO before MW5 release on dec. 10th. Wanting us all to be good sport and go on with it, give them some good faith and trust.
Here it is gentleman...here is all you need to know about PGI and TRUST. Does anyone of you really think they did not know about this for weeks??? And now you are telling me you are porting this abnomination of a game to console to reach more people? You had 1 year to fix this game up...did you get it done??? No you did not!!! PRIORITIES BABY, that is the name of the game.
And the best part...you think Cyberpunk will take away the attention from MW5? Well guess what, any new release will at any point cause your IP on a worldwide scale is basicly dead and has been for years. There are only a litte number of diehard fans left and you are f'in them over constantly instead of making them happy. I will humbly suggest a releasedate for MW5: make it FEBUARY the 31st maybe you get lucky then. On my part I will give this IP a well diserved rest because to be honest I can't take it anymore.
Until then good hunting Mechwarriors, stay save and healthy and have fun with cyberpunk on dec. 10th cause there will be nothing else to play that day!

That EG7 deal must've made them more ballsy to screw over the community once more.

View PostAltered Beast, on 26 November 2020 - 06:01 AM, said:

Yep no surprises with this decision. Rag on PGI all you want but at the end of the day you're here and when the time comes for its release you'll still be here because that's what loyalty to the IP is all about. So have a drink, dry a tear and keep on keeping on till that day comes.

Not this time. I waited for 1 year, not even pirating this ********, I kept to my word. Unlike PGI, I kept my word.

Either it releases Dec 10, or I don't buy it at all.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 November 2020 - 12:28 PM.

#51 bcadian

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:24 PM

I am sick of this now , delay after delay for MWO and MW5

frankly , I wish I had not spent money on MW5 , and now I certainly will NOT be paying for an expansion pack that is 4 months or more late

Simple message to PGI.......do better or die , that's how it works , no product , no money.

#52 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:23 PM

Screw you PGI. Just, screw you, so very very hard. There was one game I had my heart set on this December. One. ONE SINGLE GAME. MechWarrior 5 on Steam along with the DLC. Not Cyberpunk 2077, MW5. Me and a squad of friends were eagerly awaiting the release to all jump in on it at once and co-op the whole campaign together. Thanks for ruining December before it even started. So once again with feeling, from the heart. SCREW, YOU.

Edited by SPNKRGrenth, 26 November 2020 - 01:25 PM.

#53 Cytekker

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:07 PM

With the recent surge of "we really do care and want to make things better" it was obviously going one of two ways: either they realized that MWO was a real cash cow or they just wanted to squeeze out the last drops of value. I choose the believe the former.

Obviously, while they were bringing on Bombadil they most probably were in talks with EG7. So we were all being open and honest with each other about how to make MWO better, more or less. So now we require EG7 to be a part of that process.

This could be great, if EG7 and PGI recognize that MWO could be a long term hit like Halo with long history, multi-platform and both strong single player and multi-player options, they they can leverage their assets like their other developers and financial backing and get MWO ported to Unreal and then ported to Xbox by spring 2021 for a true powerhouse release like the the Master Chief Collection.

Or this could be very bad. Mech Warrior has been a long road and many of the people at PGI may be getting tired of it. MW5 didn't quite succeed as hoped being more of a shooting gallery than an adventure game. MWO was a stop-gap and it seems PGI may have been slowly closing it out until the recent interest in revitalization as they, or perhaps EG7, noticed they had a base audience of around 10,000 players per day. If this is the way it's going, it's only fair as all the people who have worked hard for many years deserve a comfortable exit, they have earned it. If that's what's happening there is still a small chance that EG7 will give the IP to one of their other studios who can give it the love and attention it deserves.

#54 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:09 PM

This is the only right choice. NOBODY releases on the same day as Cyberpunk2077.
Who are you guys kidding? I would guess most of you play Cyberpunk anyway, even if you would buy both MW5+dlc and Cyberpunk...

Anyone remembered the launch of Titanfall2? Not many?
It has one of the best campaign, but the launch was overshadowed by big titles such as CoD, BF and others...
A bad launch can break your game (or movie in the cinemas).

I think everyone should be glad that this launch was postponed, otherwise it would be directly down in any charts and fail any sale or even visibility.
It's not about money only... if it fails, we can say goodbye to any future DLC or MWO very quickly.
hard to understand how people get disappointed by this logic action so easily... /sigh

#55 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 26 November 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

This is the only right choice. NOBODY releases on the same day as Cyberpunk2077.
Who are you guys kidding? I would guess most of you play Cyberpunk anyway, even if you would buy both MW5+dlc and Cyberpunk...

Anyone remembered the launch of Titanfall2? Not many?
It has one of the best campaign, but the launch was overshadowed by big titles such as CoD, BF and others...
A bad launch can break your game (or movie in the cinemas).

I think everyone should be glad that this launch was postponed, otherwise it would be directly down in any charts and fail any sale or even visibility.
It's not about money only... if it fails, we can say goodbye to any future DLC or MWO very quickly.
hard to understand how people get disappointed by this logic action so easily... /sigh

Could have launched September last year on steam, but nope Epic Deal.

I have waited for 1 year, watching Lets Plays like Baraduls' with envy, I didn't even pirate this. I wasn't even going to pick up CP2077, hell I'm still not picking it up now.

You don't get to tell us "logic", especially when more sensible options could have been done. Like Postpone the DLC, while release Base-Game Dec 10. You get to show the game TWICE -- once as Base Game, the other as the DLC which they needed to buy the Base-Game.

But that is not what's going to happen, just PGI being PGI.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 November 2020 - 02:38 PM.

#56 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:07 PM

Missing on MW5 means you penalize the Mod-scene alongside PGI and imho there are to many good mods out to do so...let the one guilty be guilty and apreciate the work and effort that is put into the game otherwise.

#57 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:42 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 26 November 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

Missing on MW5 means you penalize the Mod-scene alongside PGI and imho there are to many good mods out to do so...let the one guilty be guilty and apreciate the work and effort that is put into the game otherwise.

Dude, MW5 mod-scene AFAIK ain't paid, it's not like PGI has Creation Club, their modding scene is too little. We can appreciate them anytime we download them. Besides, in my time in the modding scene, while not very good, Bethesda titles modding is has a fetish around gun realism which most of these users seem to be unqualified, and actual women with bodies, outfits and everything. Good QoL mods exists and useful, but unless they could probably put a **** in an Atlas, or make custom mechs of something like Voltes V, Daimos, Voltron, Gundams, even Zoids, or probably like 2B from Nier Automata just for the fetishes, the modding community isn't going to last long or go that far.

Unless PGI boots off Russ and actually put a competent leader from EG7, I don't see any good future for MW5 and MWO. They had 8 years to make a good MechWarrior title to break off the nicheness, and even then they are screwing the very community that kept the IP worth a damn at all.

I think I get what PGI is trying to do. This CP2077 is just a scapegoat to their real agenda. If I understand their deal with EG7, they need to have a good amount of revenue the first quarter of 2021, and so they turned to MW5 in their desperate attempt of sales, and the MWO as the last promise of money till they go with their new IP, Transverse. That means the safe day to punish them is after the deal has come, so that probably means after the 1st quarter where the deals would have been finalized.

This 1 year of waiting for Steam Release is taking a toll to my well being and I'm not a psychologically healthy person I am honest to admit that, and they are the type of people precisely why I have lost patience. I don't want to buy MW5 anymore if it's anywhere but December 10, but a +80% off sale after their EG7 dealing have passed would do just as well.

Bright-side, MW5 would probably be updated to every DLC for MW5 once I finally lose self-control and buy it.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 November 2020 - 08:44 PM.

#58 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:09 PM

LOL at anyone that thought PGI would do anything other than lie and do next to nothing.

#59 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:48 PM

Imagine having such little confidence in your product you delay the 2nd release twice.

#60 Marchello1

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:23 PM

If only they gave the infantry((

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users