Special Announcement Mw5 Mercs

78 replies to this topic

#21 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

While MW5 has certainly improved performance wise from its initial release...there is still more work to be done. The game is really GPU heavy so the CPU might be sitting at 30-40% max (with still plenty of headroom) while the GPU is swinging anywhere from 40-95%....particularly bad right now is GPU Load on the mech drop preparation screen (where you choose your lance and launch the mission) Depending on the graphics settings this screen may be push your GPU to near 100% before coming back down to normal levels once you enter the mission. Post FX processing and effects settings are rather taxing too at higher settings (particularly with AMD video cards- also non-flammable gas pipes destroyed in-game will cause fps to fall to a crawl if you get near the gas) Max setting for Draw distance/View distance on 'large' or 'huge' maps can cause stuttering. The list goes on...let's not even get started on Ray Tracing lol...

Another thing I noticed...whenever PGI goes quiet near a "projected release date" that usually means it won't be released on time lol. We were only a couple weeks away and before these various 'happenings' - it was clear that on both GOG and Steam, neither platform had ANY sort of marketing/advertising material for the release...no "coming soon" no "pre-order now" page, etc.

#22 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:25 PM

I for one would like to welcome our new overlords.

#23 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 November 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

As many of you know, the delay in the release of Cyberpunk 2077 until December 10th had us reconsidering our release date for the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, as well as the launch of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries on Steam and GoG. Any developer wants their titles to get as much attention as possible, and obviously sharing a release date with Cyberpunk was less than optimal.

To simultaneously ship across multiple platforms, including delivering a modern MechWarrior title to console gamers worldwide. So after much consideration and debate, we have decided that moving the release date of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries DLC Heroes of the Inner Sphere to Spring 2021 is the right choice.

Good, at least you weren't ******** enough to also prevent MW5 base game in releasing Dec 10.

#24 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

This will be the first MechWarrior title on a console since 2004's MechAssault 2

Wikipedia said:

• The Nintendo DS, or simply DS, is a line of handheld game console produced by Nintendo.
  • MechAssault: Phantom War is an action video game, part of the MechWarrior series and part of the BattleTech universe created by FASA.
    Release:
    NA: September 12, 2006
    EU: June 29, 2007
    AU: August 3, 2007

Posted Image

#25 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 25 November 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

I hate to say it, but this will be remembered as the year PGI promised a lot but did very little.

which year exactly are you referring to?
my personal favourite was the year of faction, but everyone remembers different years depending apon how long ago they gave up logging in...

let us hope for the best again, we have mechs in unreal4 under new management reaching across multiples of user groups, it's a start and i would hope it's a step in the right direction.

#26 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:12 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 25 November 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Good, at least you weren't ******** enough to also prevent MW5 base game in releasing Dec 10.

Oh but they are ********.

Base game delayed on Steam (again) because of corporate greed (again).

As many of you know, the delay in the release of Cyberpunk 2077 until December 10th had us reconsidering our release date for the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, as well as the launch of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries on Steam and GoG.

and we believe that rescheduling our release date will allow MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to have the opportunity and attention it deserves.

To simultaneously ship across multiple platforms

We understand that this news is not ideal for those that have been waiting to purchase the game on Steam or another platform

By the release of MW5 in Spring 2021, we should be well on our way towards implementing significant updates to MWO

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 25 November 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#27 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 25 November 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

There goes my plans on getting it in this Christmas sale. There's always next Christmas I suppose. It'll come down to $10 sooner or later.

#28 Renegade max

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

** ANDDDD AGAIN a delay **For the DLC promised on Dec 10, 2020.

Please no more promises and announcements Piranha its a waste of our time and yours.

I will continue to play but I am extremely disappointed to put it mildly.

I am a longtime Mechwarrior 1,2,3,4 5 and Original Beta tester for MWO>

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Renegade max.

#29 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:04 PM

Who is surprised? Nobody.
Not really holding my breath on that Steam release either.

[Redacted]

Edited by GM Patience, 26 November 2020 - 10:53 AM.

#30 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

Actually PGI is chasing THREE (3) hares, and not two.
~Also Russ mentioned about that unnamed "new IP" they are starting to think about.
[Edit: this "new IP" might not be related to the MechWarrior IP at all ]

PGI is a smaller game maker; not sure if they have the staff to develop/maintain two games concurrently, let alone three...
(and at lease three different game engines including upcoming Xbox)

View Post13Tradesman, on 25 November 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

This is very disappointing news and this may be the first of more delays.
...Now the focus will be split between new content for MW5, MW5 porting/optimization to console, and of course last priority MWO changes and fixes...

Words of the day "Prove Me Wrong" and "Chase Two Hares Catch Neither"

Edited by w0qj, 25 November 2020 - 05:41 PM.

#31 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

The fact that you think anyone was even anticipating this release, even though your core game is still an incomplete monstrosity (one I can't even load anymore since I hopped ship to AMD; your "support" stopped responding to my ticket like 3 months ago even though no resolution was found.)

Not gonna hold my breath, PGI has set the standard on how to NOT properly run a video game company yet again.

Edited by Paladin IIC, 25 November 2020 - 06:38 PM.

#32 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:03 PM

I'm just glad that no one has brought up the issue of selling "Steam pre-orders" back when we were young and still not releasing on Steam.

#33 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:04 PM

Yes, the MechWarrior 5 is not a competitor for Сyberpunk. Absolutely.
Cyberpunk PR has been heard from literally every iron for many years, which cannot be said about the MW5. And about the MWO in this context is not even worth remembering.
Perhaps it is reasonable to take a break for a while, and not release MW5 at the same time as Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk in this case would simply crush the MW5.
I don't think we should hate PGI for that. The guys must to think about sales and earnings.

P.S. Moreover, now (in the context of the news about the sale of PGI that surfaced yesterday) it is possible that the PGI simply cannot make such decisions.

#34 Elgirts

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSylmar, CA

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:06 PM

Well this isn't going to go well.

#35 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

I feel avoiding Cyberpunk is a wise move!

Releasing MW5 on X-Box probably too if you get the Controls right which is the biggest issue i see and the short time left you have given yourself (ofc i dont know how much has already been done).

I see potential by releasing MW5 for console to develop a whole new Control sheme that is maybe even more immersive and closer to how aiming in Battleships and Tanks works which is what i expect to be the experience if real Battlemechs ever exist.

Manual aiming is only an emergency mode in that cases....

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 November 2020 - 09:01 PM.

#36 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:03 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 25 November 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

I don't understand.

The "reconsidering" means they were thinking.

"Decided", specifying the DLC Heroes, means that is their course of action.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 25 November 2020 - 09:07 PM.

#37 Spinning Broccoli

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:13 PM

This will give us more time to add improvements and quality of life features to the base game, including AI, UI, art, customization, and content.

If you are improving friendly AI and pathfinding, I’m all in.

#38 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:08 PM

And just like that, what remains of my 2020 is ruined.

Thank you Russ.

#39 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:14 AM

Soooo...anybody remember when they told us it was a quick decision to release on Epic, one they did not know about for a long time coming??? Same bs here. And now we have the Beard talking about how nothing can be done on MWO before MW5 release on dec. 10th. Wanting us all to be good sport and go on with it, give them some good faith and trust.
Here it is gentleman...here is all you need to know about PGI and TRUST. Does anyone of you really think they did not know about this for weeks??? And now you are telling me you are porting this abnomination of a game to console to reach more people? You had 1 year to fix this game up...did you get it done??? No you did not!!! PRIORITIES BABY, that is the name of the game.
And the best part...you think Cyberpunk will take away the attention from MW5? Well guess what, any new release will at any point cause your IP on a worldwide scale is basicly dead and has been for years. There are only a litte number of diehard fans left and you are f'in them over constantly instead of making them happy. I will humbly suggest a releasedate for MW5: make it FEBUARY the 31st maybe you get lucky then. On my part I will give this IP a well diserved rest because to be honest I can't take it anymore.
Until then good hunting Mechwarriors, stay save and healthy and have fun with cyberpunk on dec. 10th cause there will be nothing else to play that day!

Edited by K4I 4LL4RD LI4O, 26 November 2020 - 01:18 AM.

#40 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:42 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 26 November 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

here is all you need to know about PGI and TRUST.

[Redacted]

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 26 November 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

There are only a litte number of diehard fans left and you are f'in them over constantly instead of making them happy.

They don´t care about the diehard fans and they showed and said that for years.
10.000 diehard fans spending 1.000$ = 10.000.000$
1.000.000 newcomers spending 50$ = 50.000.000$
Newcomers getting stomped in their first games, buying MC and GSP. Leaving the game frustrated after a few weeks playing MWO never again.
That´s what the game industry is focusing on these days. Cause it´s easy money. You don´t have to please the annoying requirements of the fans, like lore and gameplay.
We had no new content for over a year now. PGI is still here. Guess why. New players spending money. Old players, who enjoy pewpew and never cared about Battletech, spending money.
The fans, the people caring about Battletech and Mechwarrior, the people who enjoy comp and FP, the people writing in this forum and making suggestions, the people building their own websites to support the players, are not the target of PGI for making money.
And money makes the world go round.
Why do you think MW5 will now be playable on Xbox? Kids with money! End of story.

PS: When i say PGI i don´t mean the staff. I´m talking about 1 person only. But i´m not allowed to say that here, because it´s "against the code of conduct".
PPS: This is what PGI thinks about us fans.
https://soundcloud.c...-recap-03-02-18

Edited by GM Patience, 26 November 2020 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users