Monday Mechwarrior Update With Daeron #05

88 replies to this topic

#81 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:13 PM

Anyone have mouse sensitivity issue and Not using USB-corded Optical mouse?
Anyone have StarCitizen installed? It gives me mouse sensitivity issues too yet I've +200 games on steam & no probs.

What is the OS, GPU, mouse and monitor resolutions we're all using???

-----

Currently using Windows 10 at Resolution 1680 x 1050
Mice: RedDragon M711 = 5 adjustable DPI levels (500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000)
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC ULTRA 06G-P4-2167-KR
Monitor is LG Flatron Wide L206WTQ-BF at Resolution 1680 x 1050

Previous PC used Windows 7 at Resolution 1680 x 1050 (had same mouse issues)
OLD Mice= MSI Interceptor DS200 Gaming Mouse (1000, 2000, 4000, 8200 dpi)
OLD GPU= MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series w/2GB GDDR5@Core Clock 955 MHz)
Monitor is LG Flatron Wide L206WTQ-BF using DVI-D cord, but will get a new monitor using DP cord.

For me its not the OS, Mouse or GPU irregardless if Nvidia or AMD video card.
MWO, StarCitizen and the Monitor are the only common things for me.

Also last year I uninstalled all RedDragon software, drivers, GF-Experience and powered off PC.
Plugged in 20 year old spare USB mouse Microsoft X08-71118 intelliMouse Optical
Unless I missed something, changing mice made no difference in MWO or StarCitizen for me.

My ancient Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical is gen 1 with two button and wheel so 1500 fps sensor.
Posted Image

#82 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:04 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 04 December 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

This auto-fellative VLog just annoyed me more. I will believe a better MWO when we see it, and I'll see MW5 on Steam during a sale with significant discount -- No way I'm paying full price for a ( **** of a ) game that already released for more than a year, I was but not anymore.

There's a lot of truth in this paragraph.

I thought the first few videos were going to pass... but here we are with way more hours of video "update" than actual hours doing anything about the game. They are that long and dull no one is even bothering doing written summaries.

As for MW5, so little interest in buying a game stuck in development hell and unable to be released for years after it was promised. I've got Project Wingman to make use of my HOTAS. I too will buy MW5 when it's actually complete, and actually released... and on sale. In a few years.

#83 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:29 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 04 December 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

There's some truly insightful takes on the YT comment section that I feel that should be reiterated here,

Found this one on the NGNG Mechwarrior 5 Delay Video From Vince Vassallo that I found enlightening

"Phil, dude, I have been on this earth for at least twice as long as you, maybe longer but I take the 5th on this. I am in sales so I have met and seen all sorts of people. I consider myself a very good judge of character. I am also a cynic by nature, and somewhat suspicious of humans and their motives. I think that the more conspiratorial views in your post are not too far from off. Russ above all is a tech geek businessman. We must remember that he is not a believer, acolyte or crusader for the Battletech or Mechwarrior universe. He is CEO developing games for a solid franchise and will continue to do so as long as it is profitable. You can read his tells on your videos. He is not really engaged in the whole of Battletech. He is only motivated by opportunity and the economic model of meeting demand with supply. This is not bad, but we need to be realistic when considering his motivations for his and PGI's business moves. Daeren got hired to run social interference for the company and to scout out opportunities for additional "exploitation" of the MWO universe. Again nothing wrong with this. We need to read them realistically though. It's all good so long as the the fans are satisfied, new people are attracted to the titles and the community expands. How they do that is purely up to them. The addition of a console version of MW5 will hopefully be a good move in this regard. Turning MW5 into the new MWO would be a dream even if it meant compromising certain features in MWO currently. That said, my personal belief is that the console version has been in the planning for a long time. The delay of the DLC is strategic but a misstep, IMO. It should be released earlier than Spring 2021 Cyberpunk be damned. Credibility is on the line. They committed to delivering it in December and I think the community will tolerate a small delay, but not 4 months. The cash infusion from EG7 will enrich Russ and the investors; that's the way capitalism works. However, if you announce that this money will be directed into game development for new and existing titles, then you better freaking deliver. The bottom line is satisfying the consumer and they had better start making moves in that direction or this entire franchise will be defunct. No excuses, no smoke and mirrors, but solid goals and results. I wish them luck. But honestly, I think they are going to cash in on the console game, expose and sell as many units as they can, then move on to the next opportunity, all the while stringing the MWO and MW5 community along with token enhancements. It really does not make economic sense for them to do anything else. There is no altruism in game development."

Edited by GaelicWolf, 06 December 2020 - 12:32 AM.

#84 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

PGI does not live or die by MWO. It is like a menu item at McDonalds, if it is profitable they will keep offering it. If not they will discontinue it and offer something else. It is obvious that Russ in particular has no great affection for the title, he makes it plain every time he gets in front of a camera. Now that they have corporate oversight I expect it will go from the back burner to the trashcan very quickly and they will invest their time and money elsewhere in order to meet earnings expectations.

I suppose there could be some grand plan to revive the title, but corporations are not big on Hail Mary plays so I think that is a low probability bet. I wish I had invested in a gaming PC back when the game was new, and not waited to try it in it's twilight.

#85 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:58 PM

Greetings from the gulag! our podcast is now on YouTube and we'd love to hear your feedback, be it on the forums or on YouTube, Chime in if you're interested!!

#86 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:05 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 December 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

i also ordered a hundred clicky switches. they hold out for 6-10 months usually

just 6-10 months? Bro, you have a problem with anger management Posted Image or bad made in china parts Posted Image

#87 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 02:05 PM

View PostZ Paradox, on 11 December 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

just 6-10 months? Bro, you have a problem with anger management Posted Image or bad made in china parts Posted Image

you can get cheap parts made in china. or you can get "high quality" parts made in china. but they are the same parts.

#88 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 December 2020 - 02:13 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 December 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

you can get cheap parts made in china. or you can get "high quality" parts made in china. but they are the same parts.

Exactly why I don't want to wait for MW5 anymore, and don't believe their BS about better quality because of the wait. I know what they are capable of, and I ain't impressed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users