36 replies to this topic

#21 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 10:55 AM

View PostSagara Sousuke 011011001, on 11 December 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

If we are talking QP, I'm not convinced this is the case anymore depending on how a person is playing. If you are dropping solo your personal W/L doesn't really reflect how you helped the team anymore because groups within a team are now really the driving factor to a win or loss.

Over 100 matches, the odds the other players in the game are stacked for you or against you is 50/50. So yes, W/L perfectly represents how much you're helping your team on average.

Edited by Nightbird, 11 December 2020 - 10:56 AM.

#22 Sagara Sousuke 011011001

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStratford Upon Avon UK

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:35 AM

View PostNightbird, on 11 December 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

Over 100 matches, the odds the other players in the game are stacked for you or against you is 50/50. So yes, W/L perfectly represents how much you're helping your team on average.

Admittedly, I never play that many games in a month but yes you are right that statistically it will even out. I guess my point is that how you drop in the game will effect the W/L ratio to a greater degree now.

As an example, if you take a good player with a ratio of 2 prior to allowing groups. Post group, that ratio will travel below 2 if they play solo. If you take that player and put them in a cohesive group consistently, their W/L ratio will travel north of their original baseline of 2.

Edited by Sagara Sousuke 011011001, 11 December 2020 - 11:39 AM.

#23 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

View PostSagara Sousuke 011011001, on 11 December 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Admittedly, I never play that many games in a month but yes you are right that statistically it will even out. I guess my point is that how you drop in the game will effect the W/L ratio to a greater degree now.

As an example, if you take a good player with a ratio of 2 prior to allowing groups. Post group, that ratio will travel below 2 if they play solo. If you take that player and put them in a cohesive group consistently, their W/L ratio will travel north of their original baseline of 2.

the leaderboards always took both solo and group numbers and completely mixed them together, now they just basically come pre mixed because it's one que

#24 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:27 PM

View PostFlareUKCS, on 10 December 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

First up I am loving the game, been on since beta access...

Heres the thing, I have been stuck on the lowest rank all this time, I think its like 5 or something, suddenly I am 3... I love this level, but win or lose I either lose rank or keep my place.
Now my issue is that I play to win, for the team but the system doesn't care about that...DPS done is all it seems to care about.

My issue is I am happy at my level, but no matter what I do... my ranking is going down down down.

The best way how you can help your team is by killing enemy 'Mechs. Dead enemy 'Mech can't use its weapons, it can't spot, it can't drop arty on your team, it can't cap.

Is this game all about doing damage only?

Damage is rewarded more than other activities.

If so why the heck should I guard any flanks ?

Instead of guarding empty flanks, what about using that opening to move forward and making enemy 'Mechs busy, thus being actually useful?

Why should I spot for my LRM's ?

Good LRM players can get their own locks, while bad LRM players are going to be useless even with your locks.

Why should I defend my team mate ?

After some time, you will learn when you have a realistic prospect of saving him, and when you leave him behind because your attempt would result in two dead 'Mechs: Yours and his.

And of course, after you get to him, your "friendly" player typically runs away and lets you to die alone.

Why does the system punish me for being useful, unless I am running at the enemy and shooting all guns... even if those guns are Small Lasers.

The system does not punish you. It moves you to a Tier containing players of your skill.

I can't seem to raise my rating, even if I live... unless I am murdering the enemy, but as a scout that is the wrong thing, as a assualt yes, but as a scout... I say no.

The truth is that scouts are not needed in this game. The size of the majority of MWO maps is quite small and 90% of all battles happen in the same place anyway.

And by they way, even light 'Mechs can kill enemy 'Mechs of all weight classes. Some light 'Mechs are pretty good in it.

How can I keep my rating ? DPS only or ?

Be in actual contact with the enemy team while using your weapons to hit them. So no standing behind rocks and just looking while saying " I am spotting", or standing far from the fight while saying "I am guarding".

#25 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 03:03 PM

View PostLieutenant Hedgehog, on 11 December 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

Tier 5 in my experience people are chill and fun, some matches are one sided and some are very close. Who doesn't love a good close fight that ends 12-9.

A close fight means both teams fought as a collection of individuals. A team that actually has some cohesive teamwork should always result in a combat loss grouping for the other team and a 12-0 to 12-4 kind of result. A 'close' match often means everyone has wandered off to fight 1v1 duels or do dumb stuff, until the last couple are left.

If I wanted 1v1 duels I'd play Solaris.

So my stats are a totally justified Tier 5, because I do my best every game, but overall need to go up in comparison to the rest of the population.

No they don't. You need to compare apples with apples- you need to perform better than the majority of people in just the match you are playing. PSR calculations are done at the end of the match based on just that one single match, with a small modifier based on whether it was a win or loss- otherwise it's entirely your performance in that one match. Not a running average.

My stats, which really aren't great, are still more than enough to keep me pinned to the top of tier 1, because they're relative to other players in my matches.

#26 FlareUKCS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWales , UK.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:11 PM

Seems that my issue is that I am too consoderate of my team mates, which is a issue I am a tactical player, so I see the holes in our attack and auto cover those holes, yet I dont play assault so I cant cover the holes.

I guess I need to be a bit more selfish, I like being a tad higher than 3, the players are more ... engaged.

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:58 PM

Some times the best way to cover holes is to meatshield your unsupportive team FOR THE WIN!

If you find your self overextended, without much team mate support due to being thrown under a bus,
ASAP head to the largest closest group of team mates

This with draw the enemy to your team mates, forcing supportive types to fight weather they like it or not. So Cool

Then position yourself so those unsupportive team mates are between you and the enemy, yes all of them

A longer ranged fastish mech will help your efforts

Then as they fight the unexpected enemy in panic, steal secure their krillz

FOR THE WIN!

Hope this Helps!

OzHomerOz Scrubby Hive Underlord Freebirth Extraordinaire Esquire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://mwomercs.com...extraordinaire/

TLDR:
Good Supportive team win from the front-focus fire
Bad unSupportive team win from the back-meatshield FTW

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 16 December 2020 - 12:01 AM.

#28 Brokmuk

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:25 AM

I dont want to get ranked down all the time with stats like this. This isnt fair and it cannot be the right way. You make 1000 DMG you have a good chance to get ranked, up you tank 1200 DMG you definitely get ranked down.

This sucks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#29 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:42 AM

View PostBrokmuk, on 10 January 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

I dont want to get ranked down all the time with stats like this. This isnt fair and it cannot be the right way. You make 1000 DMG you have a good chance to get ranked, up you tank 1200 DMG you definitely get ranked down.

Posted Image

Post the Mission Summary Team table, please, so we can compare your performance with the performance of the other 23 players,.

#30 Brokmuk

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:57 AM

ok next time, but that is exactly the problem. look at my stats, did i do my job my job or not? im One pilot that killed 2, destroyed some components and so on and i get a rank down? i dont care about the performance of the other players, my performance was good.

Here is screenshot of a match i win with IMHO lower stats and i get a rank up?

Posted Image

To me i see no consistency, yes i know that somehow the points are conmparing to other players but why?

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:08 AM

View PostBrokmuk, on 10 January 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

ok next time, but that is exactly the problem. look at my stats, did i do my job my job or not? im One pilot that killed 2, destroyed some components and so on and i get a rank down? i dont care about the performance of the other players, my performance was good.

No quite.

If your performance can be rated as "good" or "bad" depends on how the other players fared. Maybe they were more useful for the team than you were and thus they deserve that green arrow more than you do.

So the next time post the Mission Summary Team table.

View PostBrokmuk, on 10 January 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Here is screenshot of a match i win with IMHO lower stats and i get a rank up?
To me i see no consistency, yes i know that somehow the points are conmparing to other players but why?

To find out what players were the most useful for their respective teams.

#32 Brokmuk

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:29 PM

View PostSagara Sousuke 011011001, on 11 December 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

None of this really matters because the increase in performance derived from a group that's choosing to play cohesively (because many don't) is going to be reflected in their PSR, moving them into matches where their cohesive play is expected and accounted for in the OpFor.

For folks who oscillate between playing in a cohesive group and playing solo, if it makes that big a difference in their performance you'll find them tanking their PSR just as often as they gain.

It all comes out in the wash.

#34 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

View PostBrokmuk, on 28 January 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

PSR Movement = W(X) - Y + Y( C(P/A) + (1-C)(P/M) ) = 0 - 20 + 20( 0.6 * (406/283.33) + 0.4 * (406/280.208) ) = +8.971

Unless I flubbed the math somewhere, your PSR went up. Not sure why you got the yellow bar icon.

Yeah I flubbed the math

Edited by Vlad Ward, 28 January 2021 - 01:22 PM.

#35 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:57 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 28 January 2021 - 12:38 PM, said:

PSR Movement = W(X) - Y + Y( C(P/A) + (1-C)(P/M) ) = 0 - 20 + 20( 0.6 * (406/283.33) + 0.4 * (406/280.208) ) = +8.971

Unless I flubbed the math somewhere, your PSR went up. Not sure why you got the yellow bar icon.

I think there are brackets right? I don't know the exact values but something like -10 through +10 is shown as equal. -10.1 or lower is arrow down, +10.1 or higher is arrow up.

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

View PostBrokmuk, on 28 January 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

My maths says that you PSR movent is +1,526. I guess that +/- 2 still means that yellow "=" sign.

My maths say that the R3DLINE with his 514 Match Score (as the best player of the defeated team) got +8,582 PSR rise, thus probably seeing the green arrow.

Please note that my maths is probably wrong.

#37 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:21 PM

View PostBrokmuk, on 10 January 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

All this tells me is that there were at least 3 people on your losing team with higher match scores than you. You were on the LOSING team. Only the top 3 or so stand a chance at an increase. Normally, when you're on the losing team, you're fighting just to get the equal sign.

Edited by Willard Phule, 28 January 2021 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users