Can We Please Remove Polar Highlands From The Rotation ?

43 replies to this topic

#21 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,481 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:06 PM

As it is, the potential Polar Highlands QP map roll keeps players keep the AMS on the mech.
I suspect that if this map is gone, even fewer players would bother to equip AMS.

Therefore Polar Highlands is good, provides a balance (especially vs Solaris City as other have said),
and motivates some players to keep AMS equipped.

#22 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:24 AM

View PostSamial, on 21 December 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Brawling is a lot more fun.. I detest lerms honestly its the most boring mechanic standing there watching tiny missiles go over and hope the little cross goes red..

Seriously i'd rather die in a mechs face than shoot missiles from the back all game.

only extrems ,nothing between it ...you can fight good with ACs and Lasers over big range, or you Eyes so bad, thats you only seeing a Mech when its stand for your in 10ft? or Tunnelview ?Brawling most a chaotic Fight for CoD Fans..Hectic,Stress, and chaos without tactics when its more a 1 vs 1...for it its give Solaris

#23 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:25 AM

Brawling is a lot more fun.. I detest lerms honestly its the most boring mechanic standing there watching tiny missiles go over and hope the little cross goes red..

Seriously i'd rather die in a mechs face than shoot missiles from the back all game.

I do missile on occasion but I was talking er ppc's and dat
If you'd rather die maybe...Your doing it wrong
Kill that lermcrimer, trade him wid an ash pile wid your ER PPC/s

Best part is killing brawlings on approach still out of range
Unable to do much except wave their fists and get rekt

Hilarous

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 December 2020 - 08:25 AM.

#24 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:31 AM

View Postw0qj, on 21 December 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

As it is, the potential Polar Highlands QP map roll keeps players keep the AMS on the mech.
I suspect that if this map is gone, even fewer players would bother to equip AMS.

Therefore Polar Highlands is good, provides a balance (especially vs Solaris City as other have said),
and motivates some players to keep AMS equipped.

Polar Highlands brawl is possible
Just in case you asked
But didn't type it...may be forget?

One from my Lermcrimer dayz

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 December 2020 - 08:35 AM.

#25 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:39 AM

Polar highlands is multi tasking near perfect map

Can brawl, snipe, lerm, cap and nascar all at same place

But if have trouble maybe ask PGI for MM so you matched with others who have trouble with map, not brawl lander experts as opponent.

#26 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 08:36 PM

Here's a radical idea...... NEW MAPS....... DO YOU SPEAK IT PGI?

#27 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:28 PM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 22 December 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Good luck with that lol The best i think we can hope for is maybe edited classics/faction war maps and even thats a maybe.

Edited by Samial, 22 December 2020 - 10:29 PM.

#28 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:35 AM

Russ Bullock mentioned that perhaps PGI will release one new map in 2021. Well, maybe if everything goes well.

#29 Cherge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:55 AM

but how will I get a free green up arrow by afking with a 3x AMS kit fox?

#30 Sagara Sousuke 011011001

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStratford Upon Avon UK

Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

At least you can't fall into the basement like with one of the Mechwarrior 3 maps.

Edited by Sagara Sousuke 011011001, 23 December 2020 - 05:07 PM.

#31 MOPCKOE

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 01:21 PM

Polar Highlands - trash map. Cow users like and vote it cause they can see large numbers of damage on their lrm boats and dakka-uac10-assault.

It's just a dumb white glade that gets spammed by voting 50% of the time.

The players are too tight to go to the boxes or something.
Usually the herd stand in small depressions among the middle of an open field and aim at each other until the one who first floods the LRM with rain wins

Rather stick some kind of pуnis in the middle of this card

Edited by MOPCKOE, 25 December 2020 - 01:28 PM.

#32 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 295 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 December 2020 - 01:34 PM

When Polar first came out, I loved it because it was new and sorta different. Then I got tired of it being "LRMaggeddon" and started to hate it. THEN I came around and appreciate it as one of the least predictable maps in the game. Sometimes it's a long range sniper dual, sometimes it's "everyone run to the middle and brawl the living Amaris out of each other," sometimes it's NASCAR (tho not often, as there's no central feature to NASCAR around), and sometimes you get a group that wants to do it different and sets up in one of the clusters of structures. I personally find it's always a fun time on Polar, unless of course I stupid myself into an early death, which happens from time to time.

Edited by Lanzman, 26 December 2020 - 01:34 PM.

#33 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:14 PM

Just remove voting again, that was preferable. Now everyone votes the same maps over and over, and we all love/hate different maps, so just remove the player choice and the reasons to get mad about it. I can't stand Solaris, Mining, Bog, any of the Classic maps that got removed and put back- so naturally they get all the votes when I play. I vote strictly for the cleaner, higher performing maps where it's my aim that matters most, not invisible walls, poor visibility and weird FPS spikes. If I can't have those, then just randomly rotate, ensuring that no map can come up twice in a row or give them cooldowns or something so we don't get repeats.

If you're dying to LRMs on Polar btw, just get out of T3 or wherever, that's not really a thing in higher tiers, where more people bring ECM/AMS and know how to use cover. Polar is a decent map because at least it doesn't have any weather effects or stupid central points for everyone to gravitate to. Can suck to be there on a slow assault sometimes, but that's any larger map, when you have a team you can't keep up with. Chance you take when you roll with anything less than 80 kph, and likely part of why most people seem to vote the smallest maps- besides the fact that the overall mentality seems to be "lets just get this over with and move on as quickly as possible" each and every match.

#34 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:23 PM

Its the Problem, thats People will Maps for his own Narssistic Playstyle ...what this People doing in the Reality ? this workplace is not like my Wishes ...or in the Army ? oh no ,this battlefield is not was im like...No cry -Fight!, Im self Hate the Maze Style maps without Place for Movement, im must make the best with this and others love it,

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 26 December 2020 - 09:34 PM.

#35 Trucker Wifey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:01 AM

It's taken me a long time to learn how to play polar highlands. Now that I have, it's not that bad really... ****** if you drop as a brawler on it, but, hell, it's like a LURM boat dropping in Solaris City...

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 04:24 AM

View PostLanzman, on 26 December 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

and sometimes you get a group that wants to do it different and sets up in one of the clusters of structures.

Always fun when it happens, but it's a pretty rare strategy. Usually both teams just run forward and meet in the center of the map.

#37 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:32 AM

View PostKodyn, on 26 December 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Just remove voting again, that was preferable. Now everyone votes the same maps over and over, and we all love/hate different maps, so just remove the player choice and the reasons to get mad about it. I can't stand Solaris, Mining, Bog, any of the Classic maps that got removed and put back- so naturally they get all the votes when I play. I vote strictly for the cleaner, higher performing maps where it's my aim that matters most, not invisible walls, poor visibility and weird FPS spikes. If I can't have those, then just randomly rotate, ensuring that no map can come up twice in a row or give them cooldowns or something so we don't get repeats.

If you're dying to LRMs on Polar btw, just get out of T3 or wherever, that's not really a thing in higher tiers, where more people bring ECM/AMS and know how to use cover. Polar is a decent map because at least it doesn't have any weather effects or stupid central points for everyone to gravitate to. Can suck to be there on a slow assault sometimes, but that's any larger map, when you have a team you can't keep up with. Chance you take when you roll with anything less than 80 kph, and likely part of why most people seem to vote the smallest maps- besides the fact that the overall mentality seems to be "lets just get this over with and move on as quickly as possible" each and every match.

I like voting because it reduced the number of rage quits when we drop a map someone doesn't like. Starting with 1 or 2 intentional DCs pretty consistently ruined matches. This was extremely common behavior before map and game mode voting was implemented.

If you prefer maps that aren't popular, won't your vote weight just go up until you can push them through?

#38 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:10 AM

Polar Highlands (HOTH) is a great map if you are a member of the Steiner Scout Lance.....

#39 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

View PostSwamp Monster, on 20 December 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

Yep. Just that.
Its the worst map...

Ahahahahaha - NO.

Best map in the game :D

You just don't like getting lurmed..

Lame..

#40 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:16 PM

Some slight changes to the map would probably be enough. Add in a bit more cover by changing some hills to have high cliff sides, and add in some more of those little bases. Make the buildings a bit taller or have satellite dishes that can be used for lrm cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users