19 replies to this topic

#1 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:23 AM

Until they are i wont purchase skills, until the CBill requirement is removed i wont purchase skills.

Just a heads up PGI as its easier to run a Mech skill less than deal with your hot garbage that is skill trees.. They ask us what we like changed but never ever deliver whats needed.

Respecs should not be this grindy or expensive. And then customers would skill up mechs.

#2 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:28 AM

As this is the GDF, and PGI doesn't read it, your "hunger strike" on skills isn't accomplishing anything but hurting your performance. Should respecs be free? Perhaps, though most of us have plenty of CBIlls in 2020 and probably don't even notice the costs anymore. This also ranks pretty low on the priority list of problems with MWO- I don't see a lot of people refusing to skill up their mechs simply because it costs an easily attainable in game resource that most of us are swimming in.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 03:21 AM

View PostSamial, on 27 December 2020 - 12:23 AM, said:

Until they are i wont purchase skills, until the CBill requirement is removed i wont purchase skills.

Just a heads up PGI as its easier to run a Mech skill less than deal with your hot garbage that is skill trees.. They ask us what we like changed but never ever deliver whats needed.

Respecs should not be this grindy or expensive. And then customers would skill up mechs.

Russ Bullock ignores this forum.

You must use Twitter if you wish to inform Russ Bullock. This is the only way.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:42 AM

The XP requirement for skills is more annoying. Also when you reset them the ones you unlocked are still unlocked. You have to pay for the ones you haven't unlocked yet.

It's annoying. It's only a real reset if you already unlocked most of the ones you want to use.

#5 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:09 PM

View PostKodyn, on 27 December 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

As this is the GDF, and PGI doesn't read it, your "hunger strike" on skills isn't accomplishing anything but hurting your performance. Should respecs be free? Perhaps, though most of us have plenty of CBIlls in 2020 and probably don't even notice the costs anymore. This also ranks pretty low on the priority list of problems with MWO- I don't see a lot of people refusing to skill up their mechs simply because it costs an easily attainable in game resource that most of us are swimming in.

Then it'll hurt my performance, honestly its not worth skilling hundreds of mechs.. Yes i have about 200 mechs. You try paying that out.

I've skilled maybe 5 and that was from 2 years ago. I will not be skilling anymore its just too unreasonable.

View Postmartian, on 27 December 2020 - 03:21 AM, said:

I have no twitter, anyway saves me the trouble of adding anymore money to this game.

View PostElizander, on 27 December 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

The XP requirement for skills is more annoying. Also when you reset them the ones you unlocked are still unlocked. You have to pay for the ones you haven't unlocked yet.

It's annoying. It's only a real reset if you already unlocked most of the ones you want to use.

Yes which is the problem.. paying twice does not work.

Edited by Samial, 27 December 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Trucker Wifey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:40 PM

Unlock all the nodes as you play the mechs. That's what I do. As far as Global XP, got something like 300+k... That's used for when I buy a new mech... But, I only pick up what I do absolutely need...

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:23 PM

I wish you only needed cbills to pay for skills

I'd be happy to pay 1 mil cbills for 1 gsp

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:48 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 December 2020 - 03:21 AM, said:

Pfft.

Don't hold your breath. He can ignore you through twitter too.

#9 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 27 December 2020 - 08:29 PM

There is a logic here given that the old modules could be swapped out for free, right?

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:43 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 27 December 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

There is a logic here given that the old modules could be swapped out for free, right?

Yes they could but people use the old system forced you to skill up three mechs as a cop out.. I still preferred that over what we have now.. At least back then it gave you reason to fix mistakes and level up three mechs (never bothered me).

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:50 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 December 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

Pfft.

Don't hold your breath. He can ignore you through twitter too.

Sure, but it happens after he reads something he disagrees with. So at least your first post should get to him.

Certainly, if you wish to let Russ Bullock know about something it is better to use Twitter that Russ Bullock actually uses than to post on this forum that Russ Bullock ignores.

View PostSamial, on 28 December 2020 - 02:43 AM, said:

Yes they could but people use the old system forced you to skill up three mechs as a cop out.. I still preferred that over what we have now.. At least back then it gave you reason to fix mistakes and level up three mechs (never bothered me).

That old system was pretty bad as it forced the players to spend hours in 'Mechs that they had no interest to ever use. Do you want to use the ECM SDR-5D Spider? You must waste your time in SDR-5V with two medium lasers.

Or the Cataphract ... Do you want to master your brand new Ilya Muromets? Buy for cash or C-Bills and spend hours in CTF-1X and -2X that you actually do not want to own or play.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:01 AM

View PostSamial, on 28 December 2020 - 02:43 AM, said:

i kind of liked the old model better. you had to have 3 of each mech, but you could sell the other 2 when you were done. also once a mech was done, it was done forever (or until they added skill trees). so you could buy back anything you sold and it would still be mastered. this is why i mastered every mech you could get with cbills prior to the skill tree patch. i still have historic skill points for those mechs if i ever buy them back, and i often do as i acquire more mech bays.

it also gave you a reason to buy mech packs, as you could master them all. i think they should have given mechpack mechs xp bonuses after that so they could be leveled faster since the new system may have actually made the grind worse.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 December 2020 - 09:09 AM.

#13 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:03 AM

Don't give in! And add free mech packs and premium list to the list, I believe in you!

Edited by Nightbird, 28 December 2020 - 09:03 AM.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:11 AM

everything is free when you have enough stuff.

#15 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:45 AM

Your claim of being too poor to level mechs seems disingenuous given the vast amounts of GSP, c-bills and premium handled out this month. Maybe you are just lazy or a whiner.

Edited by Spheroid, 28 December 2020 - 09:48 AM.

#16 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:51 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 28 December 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

Your claim of being too poor to level mechs seems disingenuous given the vast amounts of GSP, c-bills and premium handled out this month. Maybe you are just lazy or a whiner.

I agree about the swag being handed out this month, very, very generous indeed. By the end of this month I will have 'earned' 3000+ MC and 100+ GSP.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 28 December 2020 - 09:52 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:04 AM

i think i will have north of 5k mc when we get our holiday bonuses later today. i dont care much about all the cbills, gxp, gsp, and cockpit items, since the are already going to be thrown on overlarge piles of the stuff. and the premium time really wont do anything for me because of my insane pile of cbills. but the mc is nice. its enough to buy 2 hero mechs, including one of the more expensive assault mechs and the one firestarter i need to finish my collection of light heroes, given a half off sale of course.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 December 2020 - 11:05 AM.

#18 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 04:20 PM

View PostSamial, on 27 December 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

Then it'll hurt my performance, honestly its not worth skilling hundreds of mechs.. Yes i have about 200 mechs. You try paying that out.

I've skilled maybe 5 and that was from 2 years ago. I will not be skilling anymore its just too unreasonable.

I have no twitter, anyway saves me the trouble of adding anymore money to this game.

Those 200 mechs...were they skilled up before the skill tree happened? because if so, you have 91 GSP for every mech that was mastered in your inventory just laying around waiting to be used...

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:57 PM

View Postmartian, on 28 December 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

Sure, but it happens after he reads something he disagrees with. So at least your first post should get to him.

Certainly, if you wish to let Russ Bullock know about something it is better to use Twitter that Russ Bullock actually uses than to post on this forum that Russ Bullock ignores.

The ability to reach someone is pointless when he doesn't even listen. Lots of our concern can reach him just fine, yet he still pulls BS.

#20 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

You can alternate between mechs!
1) Play your regular (fun) mech(s).
2) When you die a premature death in Quick Play, just exit game and start a concurrent 2nd QP game with your unskilled mech!

Have been playing MWO since July 2020, and have only fully skill leveled up my 10th mech thus far!
I also have mechs well into the 3-digit numbers, so leveling each and every one of these is unfeasible.
(Note that I've already sold some of the unwanted mechs in the Complete Collections & Collectors Pack!)

The only reason why I'm continuing to (try) skill leveling up my mechs is:
1) Helps me to learn the mech playstyle, and for myself to learn more different fight techniques, and apply these back to my full skilled mechs which I play more regularly.
2) Leveling up unskilled mechs helps me to play in the lower PSR tiers, which I consider more fun!

View PostSamial, on 27 December 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users