10 replies to this topic

#1 AkArcAngel

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:56 PM

Hey,
So I'm just getting back in after being gone since 2015 ish. Due to nerve damage I have issues holding aim well enough for good laser builds, and end up mostly playing missile supports. Anyone have suggestions for mechs and builds to try?

I'm currently running a Catapult A1, Artic wolf ACW-A, and am currently trying the freebie Urbanmech UM-R60L.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:49 AM

View PostAkArcAngel, on 28 December 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

Hey,
So I'm just getting back in after being gone since 2015 ish. Due to nerve damage I have issues holding aim well enough for good laser builds ...

Greetings!

As the first step, try to adjust your mouse sensitivity:

1. Go to the game settings.

2. Use the slider to set your mouse sensitivity.

Do not forget to save the changed settings.

Posted Image

View PostAkArcAngel, on 28 December 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

... and end up mostly playing missile supports. Anyone have suggestions for mechs and builds to try?

I'm currently running a Catapult A1, Artic wolf ACW-A, and am currently trying the freebie Urbanmech UM-R60L.

What technology base - Inner Sphere or Clan?
What weight class?

#3 AkArcAngel

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:21 AM

I've got the mouse set as best I can, the problem is the meat, not the machine.

As for tech base, I'd prefer IS over Clan, but am up for either. And weight class, a little bit of everything? Fun to run so that I can play in all weight classes would be nice, but I get that some classes (like most lights) will be mostly out of reach.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:24 AM

I'd recommend going spread weapons like LBX + SRM. You can just swing by and shoot and some of it will land for the most part. Try big mechs with LB10/20 and SRM6s (no need for Artemis on IS SRM).

Clan does it best though with mechs like the Scorch and the IS LB20x being 1 crit too big. You can try an LB20x + 4x SRM6 Orion for IS.

You can also try MRMs. Standard is like 2x MRM30s.

Just max out your velocity nodes.

Edited by Elizander, 29 December 2020 - 02:25 AM.

#5 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:39 AM

I think you should stick to LB20/LB10 slow mechs.
Warhammer 6R with 2LB20 OR Victor 9A1 with 3LB10 is likely your best choice.
Here is a build for Warhammer:
An5:20D1|3P|3P|hbph0|L@qh0|L@r20s20t]0|3P|3Pu\0|3Pv40|3Pw404040

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:40 AM

View PostAkArcAngel, on 29 December 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

I've got the mouse set as best I can, the problem is the meat, not the machine.

I am sorry to hear that.

View PostAkArcAngel, on 29 December 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

As for tech base, I'd prefer IS over Clan, but am up for either. And weight class, a little bit of everything? Fun to run so that I can play in all weight classes would be nice, but I get that some classes (like most lights) will be mostly out of reach.

If I may suggest something, try Clan Advanced Tactical Missiles.

They have much shorter minimum range than LRMs (120m vs. 180m).

They are the most effective between 120-245m (3 points of damage per missile) and still useful up to 450-500m (2 points of damage per missile). You can annoy the enemy players up to 1100m (1 point of damage per missile).

#7 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:48 AM

any spread weapon builds would be good. MRM brawlers are really fun to play, Wolverines, IV-Four for MRMs. LBX/SRM brawlers are good too, the Veagle is my favourite. ATM builds would give variety to lock-on builds, as you need to be constantly positioning to get into the 3-damage range

#8 AkArcAngel

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:53 PM

Thanks a lot, I'll give these a try. I have a LBX10 on my Urbie, and it seems to be doing alright. It'll be nice to do something other than spot and LRM boat.

#9 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 03:19 AM

Maybe Front loaded damage weapons like auto cannon and ppc type weapons

As unlike lasers you don't have to hold it on the target long time, just for a split second

Maybe doable for you, I suggest you try to give you more variety than just missiles.

#10 ComstarCustomerService

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:38 AM

I know this thread is a bit old, but you can still use lasers even with shakey aim. Get a IS mech with a laser duration quirk, then get all 4 duration skill nodes. A mpl or spl has a fast impulse time and can still do respectable damage even if you can't hold it on a single component or even veer off target.

#11 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 July 2021 - 03:17 AM

old thread i know but i have hand tremors myself and sadly my go to weapon system for when they are really acting up isn't as good as it used to be (not balance wise as LRM are in a good spot there its more the lock on area is so small now that its hard to keep in it long enough to get the lock).

as others have said MRMs and LBXs are a good choice. the LBX/5 has even gotten some love and is more viable now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users