46 replies to this topic

#41 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:23 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 January 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

You have been playing before the time of the skill tree and it sounds like you never used ATMs before, wtf?

No, why should I? There are plenty of other weapons, and especially with missiles, I either built for long or short range, so there were like no builds for me that used those. I'll try them a bit more, but I might be switching it to a LRM boat in the end.

Buying lots of new mechs really tanked my PSR. Haven't been tier 4 for years. :(

#42 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:14 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 January 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Been playing MWO for a long time ... and the conversion to the new skill tree got me a lot of CBills, although I don't remember how much I had before. Buying and refitting the 6 mentioned mechs cost me about 56M, so I still had 624M left. Enough to buy the remaining 4 chassis - ok, the Dire Wolf hero will cost MC, but in a sale, that's ok - and refit them.

Experience with the new mechs so far:
Ice Ferret is weak. Got the P, very fragile and no punch.
Stormcrow is ok, using it with lots of SPL and ER micro lasers, have to get used to it.
Executioner/Gladiator (not sure which is which): One with LBX20 and SPL/ERMicroLasers, maybe, the other with 3 ERPPCs and ERMicroLasers, quite ok.
Mad Cat MKII-B: With 2xUAC10/2xUAC5: very fragile arms, could be ok.
Supernova-A: Fitted it with ATM12s, man do these have a stupid firing arc, they don't even try to rise high enough to get over an obstacle.

What new skill tree conversion?
Oh from the update that made the skill tree

Edited by 3RoyalStar1, 14 January 2021 - 05:20 PM.

#43 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 January 2021 - 02:23 PM, said:

Buying lots of new mechs really tanked my PSR. Haven't been tier 4 for years. Posted Image

I understand you very well. And I sympathize with you.
Since the moment the PSR dropped to tier 3 in the summer of 2020, I still cannot gain a foothold at tier 1. I have already climbed it several times, but I always roll back. I am now half way to tier 1, even though I was at tier 1 last week. Why? There are several reasons:
1) I set myself the goal of having at least one mech from every chassis in the game. To put it mildly, not all mechs in the game are effective. There are many bad mechs among them.
2) I set myself one more goal: to pump all the mechs in my garage.
Is it worth explaining what it is like to earn 72,800 experience points on ineffective mech? ;)
3) PGI made an ingenious decision to combine solo and group queues in a quick play.
4) At the same time, the PGI abolished the matchmaker. Now this misunderstanding can only recruit the required number of players for the match. Without balancing teams by tonnage and players level.
I had some notable fights yesterday. Among them is the drop, in which my team had one assault, and the opposing team had five. And another drop, in which my team did not have a premade, we had two assaults, and the opposing team had a pre-made of 228 and JGx and five assaults. And so, you go out on an ineffective and unpumped mech against a team with a strong premade, which also have a large number of assaults. The result of such battles is easily predictable. Gg PGI.
Therefore, it is impossible to conduct every match in such a way that the level of the RPS goes up.
I think that 80% of all the games I've played is defeat.

#44 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:48 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 14 January 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

I understand you very well. And I sympathize with you.
Since the moment the PSR dropped to tier 3 in the summer of 2020, I still cannot gain a foothold at tier 1. I have already climbed it several times, but I always roll back. I am now half way to tier 1, even though I was at tier 1 last week. Why? There are several reasons:
1) I set myself the goal of having at least one mech from every chassis in the game. To put it mildly, not all mechs in the game are effective. There are many bad mechs among them.
2) I set myself one more goal: to pump all the mechs in my garage.
Is it worth explaining what it is like to earn 72,800 experience points on ineffective mech? Posted Image
3) PGI made an ingenious decision to combine solo and group queues in a quick play.
4) At the same time, the PGI abolished the matchmaker. Now this misunderstanding can only recruit the required number of players for the match. Without balancing teams by tonnage and players level.
I had some notable fights yesterday. Among them is the drop, in which my team had one assault, and the opposing team had five. And another drop, in which my team did not have a premade, we had two assaults, and the opposing team had a pre-made of 228 and JGx and five assaults. And so, you go out on an ineffective and unpumped mech against a team with a strong premade, which also have a large number of assaults. The result of such battles is easily predictable. Gg PGI.
Therefore, it is impossible to conduct every match in such a way that the level of the RPS goes up.
I think that 80% of all the games I've played is defeat.

I saw Baraduls video. Sometimes even 700 damage, victory, etc isnt enough for tier 1. Rank down.

When I aim for tier, I get angry very fast and dont like the game. So.. best way not think about it.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 15 January 2021 - 01:50 PM.

#45 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

Much like the rest of MWO, the matchmaker isn't balanced correctly, it has weird preferences and sometimes just give up. It makes weird assumptions, like every premade is equal, so a 4-man premade with competitive team players decked out in meta mech/builds is treated the same as 4 random dudes running around in 4 Spiders for fun. And a Tier 1 player in a meta mech is treated the same as a Tier 1 player messing around in a joke build, and the game expects you to carry 11 Tier 3s in a single LLas Locust

just buy play whatever, and accept that a win/loss is not always within your control. and don't complain when you run around in a joke build and lose.

#46 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:46 AM

As I wrote before, I wanted to buy something. But my bank is no longer a method of payment.

#47 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

I love this sale so far I’ve gotten summoner C, quickdraw iv4, flea 17, rifleman iic 2, night gyr H
Black lanner D and tonight I’m getting anni 2a

We just need more events like maybe do challenges every week or do like a battle pass kinda thing
Please do this please

Edited by 3RoyalStar1, 17 January 2021 - 02:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users