Is This Decent

18 replies to this topic

#1 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:18 AM

been getting a fair bit of flack for riding the slow old atlas mainly from tier 1 players but hey i know im not the best im also not the worst figured id show one of my better matches here. like alot of people i have my bad days but you know what some times i can damn well shine

https://imgur.com/Pc613oy

i mean 6 kills 8 kmmds 5 solo kills and 1k dmg in a qp match cant be bad right

#2 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:43 AM

I only ever had 2 or so games like that which come to mind:
Posted Image
From here: https://mwomercs.com...play-results-d/

And one time with a supernova for 6 or 7 kills. 6 er large.

I think I might have gotten 6 kills with 4atm12 4ersmall whm2c recently-ish on grim plexus.

Other than that, not much. But your deal with an atlas is probably better because my stuff was specialized. I'm probably not that good. Maybe okay plus or minus a little or more.

Never got ace of spades.

Edited by account redo v1, 09 January 2021 - 07:44 AM.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

Nothing wrong with an Atlas as long as you know how to use it. Direwolves and Annihilators move at 48kph so nothing wrong with a 300 rated engine Atlas.

If your enemies are dumb enough, you can even walk with torso twisted 90 degrees with enemies shooting you front and back and make it across River City relatively unscathed.

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

Isn't that what Atlai's are for? Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#5 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:25 AM

Depends on what Tier game you're in. Good luck pulling off 7 kills with an Atlas like this in a T1 mach, I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying it likely won't happen. Atlases are extremely situational mechs, experienced players will not put themselves in such situations.

If I see an Atlas on the battlefield I see a free kill.

#6 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:05 AM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 09 January 2021 - 07:18 AM, said:

been getting a fair bit of flack for riding the slow old atlas mainly from tier 1 players but hey i know im not the best im also not the worst figured id show one of my better matches here. like alot of people i have my bad days but you know what some times i can damn well shine

Atlas can definitely pack a wallop, especially now that MRMs exist so the variants with only one or two missile hardpoints can do combinations of MRMs + big ballistic. It can take a beating too with its huge armour quirks. It's just the size of the 'Mech attracts concentrated fire easily, particularly the right mounted ballistics. One could live with the rubbishly low arm mounts if the 'Mech went on a diet. It's not the worst Assault by a long shot though, so if you're doing alright in it then by all means, keep on trucking. I certainly am not annoyed when I see an Atlas on my team... Unless it starts shooting LRMs.

Edited by RickySpanish, 10 January 2021 - 07:07 AM.

#7 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 10 January 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

Depends on what Tier game you're in. Good luck pulling off 7 kills with an Atlas like this in a T1 mach, I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying it likely won't happen. Atlases are extremely situational mechs, experienced players will not put themselves in such situations.

If I see an Atlas on the battlefield I see a free kill.

I WAS HIGH TIER 2 WHEN I DID THIS SO YH WOULDVE BEEN TIER 1 PLAYERS IN THERE FOR SURE I USUALLY HANG AROUND TIER2 depending on how much i wana play with new mechs point is ishouldnt be ridiculred and have crap put on me because ofthe mechi like to play

#8 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:18 AM

Woah one good match, sure showed the valid criticism of your poor mechbuild!

#9 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

View PostBasmati Rice, on 12 January 2021 - 11:18 AM, said:

noits just one of my better 1s ^^^this be one of the `tier 1 players who is better than everyone else `

#10 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:27 AM

View PostBasmati Rice, on 12 January 2021 - 11:18 AM, said:

heres another couple for you i never said i was a first class pilot but hey at times idontdo so bad at all

https://imgur.com/dHI42a3

https://imgur.com/V3fUp0c

point is you might thinki have a crapbuild butit works quite wellfor me better than a lrm boat for sure

Edited by SCRAPMETAL99, 12 January 2021 - 11:28 AM.

#11 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:28 AM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 12 January 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

noits just one of my better 1s ^^^this be one of the `tier 1 players who is better than everyone else `

I can provide you previous account names to show my credentials of being good, and the match you are referencing is one where a LRM boat on Solaris out damaged you.

EDIT: 500 damage is what you should be aiming for, it doesn't look good when they're meant to be boasts.

Edited by Basmati Rice, 12 January 2021 - 11:31 AM.

#12 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:33 AM

View PostBasmati Rice, on 12 January 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

I can provide you previous account names to show my credentials of being good, and the match you are referencing is one where a LRM boat on Solaris out damaged you.

EDIT: 500 damage is what you should be aiming for, it doesn't look good when they're meant to be boasts.

500+ is what im usually doing upwards of 1k yh so what i get some bad matchs where imout gunned or swamped by lights get overyourself ffs

#13 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,811 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:34 AM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 09 January 2021 - 07:18 AM, said:

If I can ask you, the next time post the Mission Summary Team table too, so we can see how the other players (both friendly and enemy) fared.

#14 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

what i thought aswell

#15 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 12 January 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

im just fed up with wankers like this so called basmatirice or whatever he wants to call himself give me crap because i have a few bad games saying my mech build is crap and i m just a crap pilot just being a damn troll is all he is

you clearly want to play what you want to play and aren't going to change what you're doing based on others opinion, why does the opinion of others bother you at all? Do your thing, it's a videogame, do whatever you want, don't be surprised people get salty you're not doing what they want you to do

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

OP never said he was the best, nor was he boasting about his stats. His post said that he was fed up of people taking digs at him for piloting an Atlas, which believe it or not isn't even close to being a bad Assault. It's not an optimal Assault, but compared to absolute piles of dog shite like the Awesome or Nightstar, it's pretty OK.

#17 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

Is this one of those LRM assault threads again? Wait... is this that actual dude with a name change?

#18 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:45 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 12 January 2021 - 06:13 PM, said:

Is this one of those LRM assault threads again? Wait... is this that actual dude with a name change?

i cry when i see lrms on an atlas like literal tears running down my face even if it enemys just as bad as an xl engine in a Inner sphere assault and no why would ichange my name i like my name

#19 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:49 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 January 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

OP never said he was the best, nor was he boasting about his stats. His post said that he was fed up of people taking digs at him for piloting an Atlas, which believe it or not isn't even close to being a bad Assault. It's not an optimal Assault, but compared to absolute piles of dog shite like the Awesome or Nightstar, it's pretty OK.

exactly my point thank you i like it and the build i have works well for me and the way i play, just sick of ppl basically saying im only an atlas pilot and theres no point in me being there as i cant contribute to te match like yh ok wtf
write someone off at the start of the match is a great way to contribute to the team rihht its puts me off and annoys the hell out of me

Edited by SCRAPMETAL99, 13 January 2021 - 02:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users