PAYBACK 2021 EVENT!

Check out the event page HERE>>>

#2 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

Nice to get more premium time for my new chassis (and MC to paint some of the ugly clan omnis).

#3 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

Don't wanna be rude, but could more time/effort being invested into a meaningful roadmap including a detailed discussion about pros and cons of granted proposals instead of on-going event-chains be taken into consideration pretty pretty please?

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 22 January 2021 - 11:30 AM.

#4 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Thank you for the MC that goes well with the camo and warhorns being 1/2 off!

Edited by Kodan Black, 22 January 2021 - 11:50 AM.

#5 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 22 January 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

Don't wanna be rude, but could more time/effort being invested into a meaningful roadmap including a detailed discussion about pros and cons of granted proposals instead of on-going event-chains be taken into consideration pretty pretty please?

Is it too much to ask for both? There is only so much Matt can do to get more decisions (and actual work) done on any roadmap, but he can set up an event like this in the given framework pretty much by himself i guess. And although i have no hard data it i bet the players count is up with an event ongoing and down with nothing happening.

Time well spent, and with the broader roadmap laid out already (nothingburger and a revamped event system) it would be especially strange to save time by not keeping the steady stream of events up within the framework already in place.

#6 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

Great challenge, looking forward to it! Y'all have been killing it with these challenges and rewards! Thank you for putting these together!

#7 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:53 PM

Any chance we can get some of the PGI team playing for this event?

It would be cathartic for both sides to blow the other up.

Paybacks a *****.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 22 January 2021 - 12:53 PM.

#8 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

Thank you! I ask for one more thing please do some drop ship deals on hero mechs please!

#9 Enamillion89

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:16 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 22 January 2021 - 11:06 AM, said:

Nice to get more premium time for my new chassis (and MC to paint some of the ugly clan omnis).

Lol That's too funny, I wasn't expecting to see that. XD. But I like Clan mechs, because they're weird and unique. Well, that's coming from a clan Nova Cat/ Spirit Cat pilot.

*** Back to Event ideas ***

I think there should be an event, and sale that relates to the progress of the development teams progress..

Title Example: Part 1: The progress. Part 2: Silver lining. Part 3: The Big Reveal (Have a BIGGER sale on mech customization. Better deals on paint jobs, paints, and Cockpit items that almost never go on sale

Ex. A Month long promotion event (using sub events of course), working up to the release of the teams work.

As a celebration, MWO Could do a giveaway of a paint job for one mech, with three colors of the players choice... After each step of their progress with a brief update of what they accomplished. As a BIGGER celebration they could give a away a variant (from a small list) that MWO offers of the players choice.
Just an Idea ^^

Edited by Enamillion89, 22 January 2021 - 02:41 PM.

#10 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image Another event??? Y'all are the best, seriously. Thank you! Posted Image

I think most of us appreciate the dedication everyone at PGI is taking with community suggestions and we know they're trying as best as they can with what they're working with... While giving us some events meanwhile! Posted Image

View PostBuenaventura, on 22 January 2021 - 11:06 AM, said:

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks clan mechs need a camo to look cute.

Edited by catgirl, 22 January 2021 - 03:06 PM.

#11 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

Well made event and plenty of time to finish it, thanks Posted Image !

#12 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Thx, PGI!

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:22 PM

Thank you MWO/PGI !!

First got the mech bay sale, then got new mechs, ... and now for the camo !! :)

#14 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

@ PGI (particularly Matt Newman, because we would likely not have Events if he were missing) —

Thank you for another interesting Event! :D

Just out of curiosity, will we have any Event Challenges involving use of a TAG in the future? I always liked having that kind of Event Challenge to tangle with. :)

@ Everyone Else —

Here's the time information for the Event's run...
  • Starts: January 22nd, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (16:00) PST / January 23rd, 2021 @ 0:00 UTC
  • Ends: February 1st, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (16:00) PST / February 2nd, 2021 @ 0:00 UTC
  • Total Time Available: Exactly 10 Days
  • Reference to figure out remaining time from: MWO Clock @ https://mwomercs.com/clock
...so that you don't have to drive Matt crazy by asking questions like crazy maniacs. Have a nice day! ;)

~D. V. "Thankful for the Event... Also taking time to squish question overkill" Devnull

#15 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:27 PM

You could do a double cbill event next please!!

#16 SrSC0ndit1on

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 01:13 AM

Well, it took me right 2 days to complete all the goals, now I do not know what to buy, kinda funny coincidence that payback came after the big sale...

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 01:35 AM

@ Matt Newman (or anyone else at PGI capable of handling this) —

I usually fire up MWO via a Direct Link to the Client itself, but I decided to check the MWO Portal in order to quickly see if the game servers were okay. This caused me to find out the hard way that the carousel spot where I'm guessing the "Payback Event" Image was supposed to be instead has no image at all. I'm guessing this was an accident, so I'm just trying to raise the alert in order to enable fixing the matter, and I'll look forward to seeing what you meant to have as the displayed item. :o

~D. V. "raising the Alert, for the MWO Portal is missing a carousel image, possible to be the 'Payback Event' one" Devnull

#18 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

Spotting Assist is a credit for the act of targeting an enemy 'Mech when a teammate successfully attacks it with indirect missile fire (i.e., LRMs). The criteria for getting the credit is that you are the first to target the enemy 'Mech, be in line-of-sight of the 'Mech and within sensor range and the 'Mech must be hit by a teammate's LRMs during that target lock.

If this is still true, pls don´t use it for events. That´s a pain in the ***.

#19 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:22 AM

@Matt Newman

Any chance we could see bigger CB rewards?

I constantly find myself space broke.
Equipping just shy of 300 mechs is expensive, I even have empty bays buy no mechs to fill them.
I constantly run prime as well as the CB booster cockpit items and mostly play hero mechs, still broke af all the time.

That or just get rid of the cost of switching between, single/double heatsinks, arti on/off endo etc. (that is such a money drain and doesn't contribute to tinkering with modifying yout build. I've spent 2mil just playing with layouts on a mech, that is a waste of CB imo.

Anyway, thanks for the new challenges, they drew me back after a long hiatus.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 27 January 2021 - 08:24 AM.

#20 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:55 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 26 January 2021 - 12:52 PM, said:

Spotting Assist is a credit for the act of targeting an enemy 'Mech when a teammate successfully attacks it with indirect missile fire (i.e., LRMs). The criteria for getting the credit is that you are the first to target the enemy 'Mech, be in line-of-sight of the 'Mech and within sensor range and the 'Mech must be hit by a teammate's LRMs during that target lock.

If this is still true, pls don´t use it for events. That´s a pain in the ***.

You're in luck because the last time I checked on it, that part about being first to target is no longer true. You can simply be any of the people with In-Range Line-Of-Sight that targets the Enemy Mech who is being hit by Indirect Lock-On Missiles at the time in order to get the Spotting Assist to register. That said, I'll see if I can get a moment to check on it again and confirm if this has been kept simple for everyone. If it has, then having Spotting Assist Challenges would be more than safely suitable in Events for general enjoyment. :huh:

Heck, I'm still looking forward to another Event where we have a Challenge with TAG Damage Instances involved. All it takes is having the TAG pointed on an Enemy Mech when Indirect Lock-On Missiles hit their target, and it registers the instance count. That one's actually kind of fun to do, and I enjoyed previous occurrences. :)

~D. V. "far as I know, Spotting Assist does not have steep requirements... still wanting TAG Damage Instances here" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users