Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:55 PM

New Maps please.

#62 Kaneda Shotaru

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:52 PM

Hi there,

I listened to this and many changes sound appealing however I don’t like the idea of constantly changing meta. I think for players who don’t play that often, casual or not spending tons of time playing I think the rolling variations in weapons stats will be really really frustrating. I would much rather see new mechs, new maps, and use less siege modes in faction warfare so that it’s much more accessible for non grouped players to do well. I think rolling meta changes will just be frustrating not to mention make mech build forums become less applicable to current game play.

#63 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:33 AM

Slightly left field, but what about PSR dropping when players become inactive?

So I took a hiatus from the game, and then played a few games pre PSR reset and the mind-numbingly boring T1 Nascar 24/7 had me leave the game annoyed 3 matches later.
Hop and a skip later, PSR reset, down to T3, and I love the game again. If I persist with it I will get to T1 again, and leave the game, and unless they reset again I can't see myself coming back (nothing changes). (not about to throw games to tank my score)
Enter PSR decay, say I take a year break, I am now out of touch with meta, I have no place in T1 anymore, T3 sounds reasonable to build skill back up again.
At over 2k hours in this game, T1 is terrible, and I will be happy to avoid it, maybe I am just a puggle at heart, but vroom vroom is not pew pew to me.

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 05 February 2021 - 03:34 AM.

#64 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:33 AM

Thanks Matt and Bombadil for putting these together.

Much appreciated gentlemen!!!

o7

#65 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:00 AM

View Postnuttyrat, on 04 February 2021 - 01:38 PM, said:

The Gulag is a collection of MWO players from all over the skill spectrum, from the top of the chain all the way down to potato's like me.....

If your a Potato......Then I REALLLY suck

View PostLLI LI V O B, on 04 February 2021 - 04:30 PM, said:

There is a streamer who constantly advertises his mugs and T-shirts instead of playing. And he does not like the game, he is tired of it, you can see it. So, some MWO community manager came to stream to him. He did not stop talking, he kept talking and talking. Empty chatter. It looked like a mental disorder and it became clear that such people would not do anything good for our game. It would be better if he invited a programmer or 3D designer to discuss the future of the project.

OOOF
Shots fired......

Where's my popcorn

#66 Andrzej Lechrenski

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:29 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 04 February 2021 - 03:31 PM, said:

Hope the weapon balance changes do not flat out nerf anything. Please for the love of God fix the heat scaling and ghost heat issues with all lasers. I'm all for shaking up the meta if only it's going to create a positive reception.

This needs to be seconded. The best way to address issues without annoying more of the player base than you appease is to balance with buffs, not nerfs. Nobody wants to feel like something is being 'taken away' from them, and hardly anybody is going to complain if they feel like they are being given a gift (so long as it is within reason and not just making one thing accidentally OP, obviously).

#67 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 February 2021 - 11:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 February 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

Implicit bias is seen on your end here. The complaints I heard were specifically related to match score, in that AMS artificially inflates PSR. It does NOT take skill to run AMS. Any new player can throw 4 AMS on their mech and stand near their team and shoot down missiles. Its not about wanting AMS removed from the game, its simply lessening its impact on match score and PSR to make the matchmaker more effective.

View PostLockheed_, on 04 February 2021 - 01:51 PM, said:

^This
AMS takes the "Skill" out of Pilot Skill Rating if it offers such a huge boost to match score. Instead of rewarding standing around, having the AMS do all the shooting, players who can successfully backstab another mech and remove the CT cleanly should get a decent raise in SR as it requires actual skill.

I'm sorry have to say this at both of you, but the bias is unfortunately very much yours. :(

When the Team is spread over a danged half-a-kilometer or more, and the cockpit which the Pilot is in does not provide enough of a view (particularly the Piranha... damn, that thing is cramped & claustrophobic), it takes a combination of the following Skills to make AMS work...
  • Utilization of the First-Person Map Display Information by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot in order to understand where their entire Team is and not lose track of them
  • Utilization of the Third-Person Camera by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot (which again, happens to become more prevalent when the Cockpit does not provide a reasonable view) while not becoming disoriented at the same time by how the camera can really whip around
  • Visual analysis of surroundings by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot, in order to not get disoriented & stuck in the wrong place
  • Visual analysis by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot of the various Lock-On Missiles flying through the air
  • Positioning by the Pilot with their AMS-Equipped Mech to the correct location to intercept the highest possible number of Incoming Enemy Missiles before they can hit the Friendly Teammate Mech (even with the ability to enhance the AMS Sphere Of Influence with Range Skill Nodes to boost how far it reaches, considerable positioning is still required to put the Mech in the right spots to have the AMS do its' job... as I remarked before with other words, one can not just sit around because their AMS will require being in the right spot to do its' job properly)
  • Avoidance of unnecessary over-exposure to the Enemy Team so that the Pilot's own AMS-Equipped Mech is not knocked off the field
...and even when the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot still has somewhat of a view around them, they'll still have to use all six elements of those listed Skills to make the best of their own AMS-Equipped Mech in order to help their Team properly. Put simply, the proper usage of a Multi-AMS-Equipped Mech is literally an Art in and of itself. Further, in the current game state we already have here in Early 2021's January & February, to gain any appreciable Match Score with AMS being used, one must knock down a minimum of around 350 Enemy Missiles (as I have personally come to find) before any useful amount of Match Score is gained that would affect MatchMaking & PSR in any reasonable & appreciable way. I have literally found by myself that a Single-AMS or Dual-AMS configuration does not really give much Match Score on its' own at all, even with near-perfect positioning, and therefore AMS does not really have any effect on PSR & MatchMaking under normal circumstances. On top of that, anyone who happens to be shooting down 1050+ Enemy Missiles with their Multi(3+)-AMS Mech has actually gone well beyond the minimum to earn any PSR at all purely off of AMS operation and usage. At this point, decreasing the Match Score earnings given by AMS would only have the deleterious effect of making people stop bringing AMS because most of them are purely doing it to help themselves, and not really thinking one thought for the Team which the MatchMaker puts them with. <_<

That said, I'm explicitly NOT trying to disrespect Mech Pilots who take the opposite road where they forget the AMS in favor of sneaking around behind the Enemy Team and backstabbing an Enemy Mech off of the Match's battlezone. I do hold a respect for their efforts, as I've had to deal with trying to do some of that myself as well. What I am saying is that each of these two types of play require their own type/kind of Skills to execute & complete properly, and the one with the AMS can not just go wandering off from the Team which leaves them unprotected, while the one without the AMS really is meant (just like you're thinking of) to run a flanking maneuver of any kind that they can manage. Both styles of gameplay are equally important to keeping any given Team alive on the battlefields, and NEITHER style should end up disrespected. Unfortunately, I've also seen what happens when a Light/Medium Mech which has ECM tries to go flank, and their Teammates do not understand that they should not be following... What a mess that happens when the ECM Mech realizes they are being forced to go back to their Team because that Pilot's Teammates effectively gave away their position by following them around... -_-

Heck... Like crazytimes is doing a good job of pointing out here (even though I know it was NEVER particularly directed at you two) and made me want to quote as a reference to show to you...

View Postcrazytimes, on 04 February 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

Of all the issues in MWO, AMS match score doesn't rate anywhere on the meaningful list. Worry about the heat bug, spawn locations, maybe even actual new content first.

...the effort that the two of you, Gas Guzzler & Lockheed_, have wasted on trying to dispute my words would have been far better spent on trying to get much more meaningful things handled in regards to the MWO game in general. The available Mech choices to the Clanners should have had a few expansions by now, particularly the "UrbanMech IIC" and some 25/95-Ton (really odd spots in & of themselves) Mechs amongst others. The same can be said to the I.S. Mech lineups of needing more choices at certain Tonnage levels, particularly the 25-Ton zone again. I'm sure more can be said of some other tonnage brackets, but they are not coming right to the top of my mind. Issues with Spawn Locations are dangerously overdue for fixing. Some sections of Maps themselves, such as Canyon Network for one, are in need of some modification to make them more playable and less Single-Direction NASCAR than they currently are. People talk about Heat Bugs that I personally have never seen, but would gladly want to have fixed for them anyway. And that blasted 'I.S. XL' Engine Limitation of losing the Mech instantly on one Side Torso Loss is really several years overdue for ceasing, as the most penalty they should really have to deal with before losing at least 4 Critical Slots of the Engine is a definitive loss in cooling & speed that exceeds what 'IS LFE' & 'Clan XL' currently have to deal with. I very much know how NOT fun that getting 'I.S. XL'-checked happens to be, and think that should be fixed for the New Player Experience by doing a slight altering of that particular mechanic of the MWO game. To deck it off, there are a bunch of other things in the Match Score System that should get pumped up, instead of messing with Damage/AMS in any way. Where is the appreciation of the players who do the Objective during a Match even if for no other reason than to distract the Enemy Team into splitting up and becoming vulnerable??? Where is the Value which they SHOULD receive, which happens to NOT be in the Current state of the MWO game?!?!? :mellow:

But, I get in the end that some people have their dead-set mentality to try and force others to be ignored, even if the differing thoughts/opinion raises a valid point in why something on a Roadmap does not actually have to happen, as well as why something else should gain the priority. So, I am going to give up on trying to discuss anything further about Damage/AMS Match Scores in this thread, and I'm probably going to alter my Forum Signature shortly (probably done before you read this post) to reflect my giving up on trying to help make the Game Balance & Match Score something that ALL players can find reasonable & enjoyable (as that is the only point where a True Solution is reached), because I have tried for several years now on these Forums but only gone constantly unheard. When this game thoroughly dies by falling back into a hard & dark niche, I already know it will be the folks up in 'Tier 1' who ultimately ran it into the ground, and I can only figure that is because they wanted to force everyone onto "MechWarrior: Living Legends" instead. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "finally reaching the point of permanent exhaustion on arguing over the best Balance & Score here" Devnull

#68 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:11 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 February 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm sorry have to say this at both of you, but the bias is unfortunately very much yours. Posted Image

When the Team is spread over a danged half-a-kilometer or more, and the cockpit which the Pilot is in does not provide enough of a view (particularly the Piranha... damn, that thing is cramped & claustrophobic), it takes a combination of the following Skills to make AMS work...
  • Utilization of the First-Person Map Display Information by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot in order to understand where their entire Team is and not lose track of them
  • Utilization of the Third-Person Camera by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot (which again, happens to become more prevalent when the Cockpit does not provide a reasonable view) while not becoming disoriented at the same time by how the camera can really whip around
  • Visual analysis of surroundings by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot, in order to not get disoriented & stuck in the wrong place
  • Visual analysis by the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot of the various Lock-On Missiles flying through the air
  • Positioning by the Pilot with their AMS-Equipped Mech to the correct location to intercept the highest possible number of Incoming Enemy Missiles before they can hit the Friendly Teammate Mech (even with the ability to enhance the AMS Sphere Of Influence with Range Skill Nodes to boost how far it reaches, considerable positioning is still required to put the Mech in the right spots to have the AMS do its' job... as I remarked before with other words, one can not just sit around because their AMS will require being in the right spot to do its' job properly)
  • Avoidance of unnecessary over-exposure to the Enemy Team so that the Pilot's own AMS-Equipped Mech is not knocked off the field
...and even when the AMS-Equipped Mech's Pilot still has somewhat of a view around them, they'll still have to use all six elements of those listed Skills to make the best of their own AMS-Equipped Mech in order to help their Team properly. Put simply, the proper usage of a Multi-AMS-Equipped Mech is literally an Art in and of itself. Further, in the current game state we already have here in Early 2021's January & February, to gain any appreciable Match Score with AMS being used, one must knock down a minimum of around 350 Enemy Missiles (as I have personally come to find) before any useful amount of Match Score is gained that would affect MatchMaking & PSR in any reasonable & appreciable way. I have literally found by myself that a Single-AMS or Dual-AMS configuration does not really give much Match Score on its' own at all, even with near-perfect positioning, and therefore AMS does not really have any effect on PSR & MatchMaking under normal circumstances. On top of that, anyone who happens to be shooting down 1050+ Enemy Missiles with their Multi(3+)-AMS Mech has actually gone well beyond the minimum to earn any PSR at all purely off of AMS operation and usage. At this point, decreasing the Match Score earnings given by AMS would only have the deleterious effect of making people stop bringing AMS because most of them are purely doing it to help themselves, and not really thinking one thought for the Team which the MatchMaker puts them with. Posted Image

That said, I'm explicitly NOT trying to disrespect Mech Pilots who take the opposite road where they forget the AMS in favor of sneaking around behind the Enemy Team and backstabbing an Enemy Mech off of the Match's battlezone. I do hold a respect for their efforts, as I've had to deal with trying to do some of that myself as well. What I am saying is that each of these two types of play require their own type/kind of Skills to execute & complete properly, and the one with the AMS can not just go wandering off from the Team which leaves them unprotected, while the one without the AMS really is meant (just like you're thinking of) to run a flanking maneuver of any kind that they can manage. Both styles of gameplay are equally important to keeping any given Team alive on the battlefields, and NEITHER style should end up disrespected. Unfortunately, I've also seen what happens when a Light/Medium Mech which has ECM tries to go flank, and their Teammates do not understand that they should not be following... What a mess that happens when the ECM Mech realizes they are being forced to go back to their Team because that Pilot's Teammates effectively gave away their position by following them around... Posted Image

Heck... Like crazytimes is doing a good job of pointing out here (even though I know it was NEVER particularly directed at you two) and made me want to quote as a reference to show to you...

...the effort that the two of you, Gas Guzzler & Lockheed_, have wasted on trying to dispute my words would have been far better spent on trying to get much more meaningful things handled in regards to the MWO game in general. The available Mech choices to the Clanners should have had a few expansions by now, particularly the "UrbanMech IIC" and some 25/95-Ton (really odd spots in & of themselves) Mechs amongst others. The same can be said to the I.S. Mech lineups of needing more choices at certain Tonnage levels, particularly the 25-Ton zone again. I'm sure more can be said of some other tonnage brackets, but they are not coming right to the top of my mind. Issues with Spawn Locations are dangerously overdue for fixing. Some sections of Maps themselves, such as Canyon Network for one, are in need of some modification to make them more playable and less Single-Direction NASCAR than they currently are. People talk about Heat Bugs that I personally have never seen, but would gladly want to have fixed for them anyway. And that blasted 'I.S. XL' Engine Limitation of losing the Mech instantly on one Side Torso Loss is really several years overdue for ceasing, as the most penalty they should really have to deal with before losing at least 4 Critical Slots of the Engine is a definitive loss in cooling & speed that exceeds what 'IS LFE' & 'Clan XL' currently have to deal with. I very much know how NOT fun that getting 'I.S. XL'-checked happens to be, and think that should be fixed for the New Player Experience by doing a slight altering of that particular mechanic of the MWO game. To deck it off, there are a bunch of other things in the Match Score System that should get pumped up, instead of messing with Damage/AMS in any way. Where is the appreciation of the players who do the Objective during a Match even if for no other reason than to distract the Enemy Team into splitting up and becoming vulnerable??? Where is the Value which they SHOULD receive, which happens to NOT be in the Current state of the MWO game?!?!? Posted Image

But, I get in the end that some people have their dead-set mentality to try and force others to be ignored, even if the differing thoughts/opinion raises a valid point in why something on a Roadmap does not actually have to happen, as well as why something else should gain the priority. So, I am going to give up on trying to discuss anything further about Damage/AMS Match Scores in this thread, and I'm probably going to alter my Forum Signature shortly (probably done before you read this post) to reflect my giving up on trying to help make the Game Balance & Match Score something that ALL players can find reasonable & enjoyable (as that is the only point where a True Solution is reached), because I have tried for several years now on these Forums but only gone constantly unheard. When this game thoroughly dies by falling back into a hard & dark niche, I already know it will be the folks up in 'Tier 1' who ultimately ran it into the ground, and I can only figure that is because they wanted to force everyone onto "MechWarrior: Living Legends" instead. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "finally reaching the point of permanent exhaustion on arguing over the best Balance & Score here" Devnull

TL;DR

I did skim, and on the "effort" thing, you are putting way too much effort on trying to pat yourself on the back for using AMS and destroying missiles. Look how much effort you put into this essay to show us that AMS use is worthy of boosting PSR. LOL

#69 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 February 2021 - 03:18 PM

I don't really care too much about AMS giving mega PSR for a few reasons:

1. If a person isn't skilled enough to get to T1 without AMS, then they will likely get clobbered by the better players who got there the "real" way.

2. It gives people a greater reason to use AMS than they otherwise would have, which creates a small element of teamplay and reduces the annoyance of dealing with enemy Lurms.

3. PSR isn't a reward system. You don't gain anything from being T1 other than bragging rights, which in this game is the equivalent of bragging about being the tallest kid in kindergarten.

#70 Andrzej Lechrenski

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:23 PM

I'll donate some cash if you guys need to hire somebody to fix the fact that hitboxes break when mech use jump-jets. That's my biggest gripe, which I never see mentioned here.

#71 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,419 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:35 AM

Curious what does that mean, "hitboxes break when mech use JumpJets?"
(Sorry, new around here...)

View PostAndrzej Lechrenski, on 05 February 2021 - 10:23 PM, said:

...hitboxes break when mech use jump-jets. That's my biggest gripe, which I never see mentioned here.

#72 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

View Postw0qj, on 06 February 2021 - 09:35 AM, said:

Curious what does that mean, "hitboxes break when mech use JumpJets?"
(Sorry, new around here...)

It means hit boxes shift away from the position you expect them.
That's why elite players use one JJ on every mech possible and do very short jumps (or hopping) in rapid successing to avoid getting hit.

Edited by Antares102, 06 February 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#73 Martaloc

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

I think the clan mechs in general need some love too.
The Inner Sphere has to many adventages:
Better lasers, lesser burntime, less heat , incredible quirks which help on laservomit builds -10% all heat to all weapon,-10 % on Er lasers ,medium laser or -10% on all laser.
Better rockets, on IS side the lrm biggest adventage that they shoot all lrms in a massive block so AMS has very little effect, from a IS lrm 20 even fully speced youre lucky when you can destroy 2-4 missiles per salvo. MRMS godlike weapons, when you have atleast missile hardpoint on youre mech equip the bigest MRMlauncher on it plus a couple mediumlasers or on Shadowhawks just mount a MRM20 and MRM30 both of them has the same cooldown so always shoot both at once and youre good to go.
PPC's : IS have more variety and all has better velocity for no reason plus always better quirks, less heat and much more velocity cuz the IS warriors pull the triger harder on joystick.
Clans:They pull always the shorter.
Lasers: the clan Er smal laser has bigger burn time with full laser duration nods as the IS ER large laser and generate more heat than a IS medium laser, the other lasers much worse , perfectly balanced.....Any new players just wonder that clan assault mech shutdown after the first lasersalvo with 25 doubleheatsinks but on IS mechs 18 double heatsinks more than enough.....
Rockets: even the smalest clan rocketlaunchers has so big spread that literaly damage one Atlas from shoulder to shoulder, plus clan lrms shoots in a unique PGI pattern , they shoot as Soviet Katyushas in very long line so AMS laughing annihilate even the 20 launchers, ATM as same plus extra bonus from PGI the minimum range which newer existed anywhere, only sheer malice that they doing this, cuz IS MRMs all fine ,MRM was between SRM and MRM but PGI overbuffed his range and velocity so you can use as main waeponsystem.
PPC's: only one type the ER PPC for extralarge heat, bad velocity and usualy without quirks and mediocre damage, thats all.
IS won again.
But atleast when one a clan mech has many lasers and has a single rocketlauncher or a pair machinegun PGI geneorusly give them the extrasuperüberbonus missile cooldown and machinegunrof quirks cuz thye are better than the minus heat quirks.
Ah ,and when you play clans you can forget the armor and structuralquirks too.
When you play clanmech usually youre first 2-3 salvo from any weapon not even reach the IS mech armor just the idioticly big bonusarmor from the armorquirks.

All of this very strange cuz all mechs from all factions are PGI product and PGI sell them for hard cash.
But when one side so weak i dont know how they want sell any.

In my opnion now the time that both side should get the same treatment.
Same laserburn , same missile patterns, same ppc velocity and same ballitsic( yes IS have the same range and velocity as the clans in Battletech, dont know why nerfed the IS mechs PGI in these only case).
I want see on all clanmechs armorquirks to cuz they all the same bulky and big targets the IS mechs to.
My Supernovas and Kodiaks extremly suffer cuz they very big targets and have very bad hitbox, but Fafnirs and Annihilators to but they are IS mech interestingly have armor and structuralquirks .
I want see that clans can have the ability shoot 3 large or largepulsuslaser to, on some assaults as the Supernova B and C the ability shoot 4 at once cuz this is they original loadout , only PGI punish these all energy mech with the law of two largelasers at once.
Yes clans clans needs very serious balance rework because as i read not even the forummembers recommend these mechs to anybody. They are all bad they said and i was restrained when i summarized what they write.

We will see what PGI will do in March, im very curious.

#74 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 February 2021 - 04:49 PM

View PostMartaloc, on 08 February 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

I think the clan mechs in general need some love too.
The Inner Sphere has to many adventages:
Better lasers, lesser burntime, less heat , incredible quirks which help on laservomit builds -10% all heat to all weapon,-10 % on Er lasers ,medium laser or -10% on all laser.
Better rockets, on IS side the lrm biggest adventage that they shoot all lrms in a massive block so AMS has very little effect, from a IS lrm 20 even fully speced youre lucky when you can destroy 2-4 missiles per salvo. MRMS godlike weapons, when you have atleast missile hardpoint on youre mech equip the bigest MRMlauncher on it plus a couple mediumlasers or on Shadowhawks just mount a MRM20 and MRM30 both of them has the same cooldown so always shoot both at once and youre good to go.
PPC's : IS have more variety and all has better velocity for no reason plus always better quirks, less heat and much more velocity cuz the IS warriors pull the triger harder on joystick.
Clans:They pull always the shorter.
Lasers: the clan Er smal laser has bigger burn time with full laser duration nods as the IS ER large laser and generate more heat than a IS medium laser, the other lasers much worse , perfectly balanced.....Any new players just wonder that clan assault mech shutdown after the first lasersalvo with 25 doubleheatsinks but on IS mechs 18 double heatsinks more than enough.....
Rockets: even the smalest clan rocketlaunchers has so big spread that literaly damage one Atlas from shoulder to shoulder, plus clan lrms shoots in a unique PGI pattern , they shoot as Soviet Katyushas in very long line so AMS laughing annihilate even the 20 launchers, ATM as same plus extra bonus from PGI the minimum range which newer existed anywhere, only sheer malice that they doing this, cuz IS MRMs all fine ,MRM was between SRM and MRM but PGI overbuffed his range and velocity so you can use as main waeponsystem.
PPC's: only one type the ER PPC for extralarge heat, bad velocity and usualy without quirks and mediocre damage, thats all.
IS won again.
But atleast when one a clan mech has many lasers and has a single rocketlauncher or a pair machinegun PGI geneorusly give them the extrasuperüberbonus missile cooldown and machinegunrof quirks cuz thye are better than the minus heat quirks.
Ah ,and when you play clans you can forget the armor and structuralquirks too.
When you play clanmech usually youre first 2-3 salvo from any weapon not even reach the IS mech armor just the idioticly big bonusarmor from the armorquirks.

All of this very strange cuz all mechs from all factions are PGI product and PGI sell them for hard cash.
But when one side so weak i dont know how they want sell any.

In my opnion now the time that both side should get the same treatment.
Same laserburn , same missile patterns, same ppc velocity and same ballitsic( yes IS have the same range and velocity as the clans in Battletech, dont know why nerfed the IS mechs PGI in these only case).
I want see on all clanmechs armorquirks to cuz they all the same bulky and big targets the IS mechs to.
My Supernovas and Kodiaks extremly suffer cuz they very big targets and have very bad hitbox, but Fafnirs and Annihilators to but they are IS mech interestingly have armor and structuralquirks .
I want see that clans can have the ability shoot 3 large or largepulsuslaser to, on some assaults as the Supernova B and C the ability shoot 4 at once cuz this is they original loadout , only PGI punish these all energy mech with the law of two largelasers at once.
Yes clans clans needs very serious balance rework because as i read not even the forummembers recommend these mechs to anybody. They are all bad they said and i was restrained when i summarized what they write.

We will see what PGI will do in March, im very curious.

The IS missile advantage is MRMs. The Clans have the missile advantage with anything that can lock-on. SRMs are good on both sides.

Lasers vary wildly based on the mech using them. The best Clan laser vomit platforms like the Hellbringer are still unapparelled but the IS does have some viable platforms of their own. IS does have better laser lights in general (Piranha being the exception) but that is more of a chassis limitation than a tech limitation.

Clans hold a decisive advantage with PPCs because theirs does everything so well. The IS versions are mostly bootleg knockoffs that can only imitate one aspect of the Clan ERPPC if any aspect at all. The IS HPPC is effective but the CERPPC has the overall edge because it does so much in a small package. The other IS PPCs just suck most of the time.

Edited by FupDup, 08 February 2021 - 05:16 PM.

#75 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:41 PM

I don't remember where I heard them say it in all the news they've been putting out - did I understand that they'd still be doing frequent weekend/ weekly / etc. style events as before, and that the free mech a month event wouldn't preempt that?
I'm wondering if there's anything coming later this week... it's been a few weeks since there's been anything other than the Huntsman event, and St. Patrick's Day is still pretty far out.
You may feel I'm being greedy about wanting more free stuff.
I realize the last event wasn't CRAZY long ago, and there were some c-bills to be had there... but... I ate them all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users