#1 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hi
i played a game where we had a TK on, he kill 3 of us before he was taking out.
so we lost that game(the team played great we nearly won it)

a couple week ago i also ran in two team killers, and it is starting to annoy me a lot, i have use many money on this game, i would be sad if i had to find an other game to play, but i hate the it ruin my game :(

so i think its time we get a new banning system.
and i have an idea if one starting shooting on multi friendly mech he should turn pink, meaning we should be allow to kill him with out any punishment, but if he start shooting on a fresh or nearly fresh mech and kill it, he should be auto eject and the dead player should over take the killer mech.

that way we only lose one mech and can still win the mach.

or at least stop let noobs, use trial assault mech, (There weapons of choice is a kodiak)
to the have play maybe 50 games.

ps please don't name any TK that will close this thread.

#2 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

[mod]

If you see a TK or believe was a TK, report to support. Please use the in game reporting tool.

As a last resort you may use the following:

moderation@mwomercs.com
support@mwomercs.com

Thanks for your attention

Edit: I am not locking this, its always a good reminder to just report it using the in game tool. If you don't report it, people will never know its going on.

[/mod]

Edited by poopenshire, 08 October 2017 - 10:55 AM.

#3 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 08 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

[mod]

If you see a TK or believe was a TK, report to support. Please use the in game reporting tool.

As a last resort you may use the following:

moderation@mwomercs.com
support@mwomercs.com

Thanks for your attention

Edit: I am not locking this, its always a good reminder to just report it using the in game tool. If you don't report it, people will never know its going on.

[/mod]

thx for not locking the thread.
i think it is important that we can discussed this, and maybe it can bring some ideas, that you can use to make this game even better.

i will encourage us to behave properly so the do not close this thread.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

If a player racks up a team kill within the first minute of a match, then they should get a 24 hour ban. Easy enough, does not punish any innocent players (new players may accidentally cause team damage, but TKs off the bat do require either a ban for punitive purposes or a trip back to the training academy, which is the only place they should be allowed to go for 24 hours)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 08 October 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Cadets should do zero team damage.

Then the serial TKing trolls will get bored quickly of having to make new accounts, and try to satisfy their ADHD somewhere else.

#6 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Locking threads about this subject and not discussing or pursuing options to fix serial team killers is asinine.

By PGI burying their heads in the sand and pretending the problem doesn't exist, does not make the problem not exist.

Locking this thread will not solve anything. Locking the other thread (that's still on the front page) about this didn't fix anything either.

PGI, just for once, stop being PGI.

#7 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

An automatic TKsystem can't be to harsh, one day a while ago I had 3 accidental Teamkills in one day when damaged mech walked in in front of me as I pulled the trigger.

But yeah repeated behavior should be logged by the game system so that the more TK's you have in the past the faster you get banned. If you behave for a while the "counter" should go down, so you don't get to easily banned by accident in the future if you actually stopped being an idiot :)

#8 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 October 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

If a player racks up a team kill within the first minute of a match, then they should get a 24 hour ban. Easy enough, does not punish any innocent players (new players may accidentally cause team damage, but TKs off the bat do require either a ban for punitive purposes or a trip back to the training academy, which is the only place they should be allowed to go for 24 hours)

Best damn suggestion ever.
Posted Image

#9 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

These guys are mass generating accounts by the hundreds. You can't think of it as "banning them will fix it". They don't blink an eye at getting one of their 100's of active accounts banned, they just move right on down to the next account and press on.

#10 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Cadets should do zero team damage.

Then the serial TKing trolls will get bored quickly of having to make new accounts, and try to satisfy their ADHD somewhere else.

i think that would be too harsh, i still do a little TD now and then maybe 5-10 dmg in a mach, and if you are complete new the odds will be higher that it happen, and if you keep getting ban you will soon move to an other game, and we will have no new player and the game will die. but if you do a couple of alpha on a friendly and no enemy in near then you could ban a person.

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 October 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

These guys are mass generating accounts by the hundreds. You can't think of it as "banning them will fix it". They don't blink an eye at getting one of their 100's of active accounts banned, they just move right on down to the next account and press on.

Gotta start somewhere.

#12 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Locking threads about this subject and not discussing or pursuing options to fix serial team killers is asinine.

By PGI burying their heads in the sand and pretending the problem doesn't exist, does not make the problem not exist.

Locking this thread will not solve anything. Locking the other thread (that's still on the front page) about this didn't fix anything either.

PGI, just for once, stop being PGI.

Several people are watching to make sure it stays on topic and doesn't get locked. It would be waste of time to lock it as someone would just open another. We just want the topic to stay on target and not turn into a bash-fest or a name and shame issue. I can only speak for me but I won't be locking this and will try to keep off topic posts clean.

#13 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

That's why my suggestion in the OTHER thread that PGI already locked was:

How about doing a certain "X" amount of team damage at match start, say <30-45 seconds, OR doing a certain "X" amount of cumulative team damage in match, OR more than 1 TK per day, turns your mech bright glowing orange, turns off team damage, turns OFF penalty for your team mates killing you, changes your in game title to "TK-TROLL", and it takes 100 matches for the penalty to go away.

Then it resets itself, so if in your 101st match, you do it again, it turns on again?

Instead of "banning" one of their 100's of throw away accounts, lock out their ability to troll the game entirely.

#14 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 October 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

also why i think why we need an auto eject system, before they do to much damage, and if there actions is repeatedly then there should be an ip ban ;)

it is also a good idea

#15 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Got tk'd this morning by a player who keeps spamming the isis theme song (anthem?) over voip.

Some people...

Duly reported the incident.

CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 08 October 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#16 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 October 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

That's why my suggestion in the OTHER thread that PGI already locked was:

How about doing a certain "X" amount of team damage at match start, say <30-45 seconds, OR doing a certain "X" amount of cumulative team damage in match, OR more than 1 TK per day, turns your mech bright glowing orange, turns off team damage, turns OFF penalty for your team mates killing you, changes your in game title to "TK-TROLL", and it takes 100 matches for the penalty to go away.

Then it resets itself, so if in your 101st match, you do it again, it turns on again?

Instead of "banning" one of their 100's of throw away accounts, lock out their ability to troll the game entirely.

the problem as i see it, with a timer is, that people just wait to the time is over and then start TK, you need a system there work thought the whole game, with out punish people for doing a little FF, there will always some FF. i don't have a problem being kill by a team mate, as long its in the heat of the battle.

View PostCFC Conky, on 08 October 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Got tk'd this morning by a player who keeps spamming the isis theme song (anthem?) over voip.

Some people...

Duly reported the incident.

CFC Conky

same guys that kill me

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

24hr ban for TK within 1st min: It's an improvement but what if the TK (grief account) waits out the first minute and then starts TKing?

Cadets don't do team damage: What if a TK grief account cycles 25 drops as fast as possible and DCs instantly? That hurts the game play as well but at least increases the effort needed...

#18 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostNightbird, on 08 October 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

24hr ban for TK within 1st min: It's an improvement but what if the TK (grief account) waits out the first minute and then starts TKing?

Cadets don't do team damage: What if a TK grief account cycles 25 drops as fast as possible and DCs instantly? That hurts the game play as well but at least increases the effort needed...

If they are required to complete the Academy and cycle 25 cadet matches before they can TK then I am betting that it will be more work than they are willing to do to get their jollies.

I stalked one of them on reddit and found evidence that shows they have a history of griefing in other games such as CS:GO and CoD. This is what they do for fun. You just have to make it more work than fun and they will move on.

#19 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostFlanking Boy, on 08 October 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

the problem as i see it, with a timer is, that people just wait to the time is over and then start TK, you need a system there work thought the whole game, with out punish people for doing a little FF, there will always some FF. i don't have a problem being kill by a team mate, as long its in the heat of the battle.

same guys that kill me

That's why my suggestion is if you do ANY OF THE THREE:

1. Team damage in first 30-45 seconds of match.

2. A certain amount (use common game stats via PGI) of team damage over the course of the entire match.

3. More than 1 team kill in a 24 hr period.

If you do ANY ONE of these 3 things, it triggers:

1. Turns off friendly fire damage. You can't hurt any team mate.

2. Turns off penalty to team mates who kill you. Your team can kill you with impunity.

3. Turns your mech a bright glowing color (say orange or whatever) that everyone in game can see.

4. Changes your in game title to TK-TROLL. Everyone in game will know who you are and what you've been doing.

This "penalty" is not a ban. But it lasts for 100 consecutive matches. No cooldown timer. On your 101st match, everything is back to "normal". But if you do it again, it all starts over again.

And IP bans are very easy to get around. A simple script can flush your IP with your provider and give you a new one in less than a minute. That's why IP bans don't work.

#20 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Nice idea but won't work, TKer's will just wait a minute, or leg people, which under the auto timer is not going to cause much of a penalty.

Cadets not causing team damage would work but is it worth the cost of trying to make work against someone being manually reported ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users