February Patch Notes Preview

85 replies to this topic

#81 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:18 AM

The ONLY request I have right now is: Fix the damn spawn points on Turmaline Desert. We just lost another assault again (and the match as follow up) there doing absolutely nothing because the spawn is so bad. Don't do it in a few months, do it NOW!

Or at least add a forfeit option when the match is lost anyway to save us nerves and time.
Yes, the last one is a joke. A bitter one.

#82 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 10 February 2021 - 07:23 AM, said:

And this is a bad thing, why, exactly? We know they're strapped for resources, and that's the best they can get with what they have. From my perspective, it's a small improvement, and that is better than none at all. With possibly multiple versions for different daytimes/weather conditions down the line, I'm fine with how things evolve.
I will reckon their accomplishments against their Roadmap later this year.

If this is how PGI is going to fix the game, there won't be much left to actually play. Look at Faction Play, it used to actually have a purpose, now it's been "fixed" into Quickplay with respawns. Scouting, arguably one of the best game modes we ever had, was essentially CUT OUT OF THE GAME.

There isn't much left to chop off, but hey, keep chopping I guess!

View PostKodan Black, on 10 February 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

They explicitly have stated it isn't done. Both in prior threads and this one. They are doing this now to mitigate a situation that players are unhappy with until it can get a more thorough examination. There are limited resources so they roll out a short-term improvement while looking at a long-term solution.

long term solution....

WHEN has PGI EVER gave us a long term solution to ANYTHING?

Look at EVERYTHING they have tried to fix. The mess with it ONE time and never touch it again. It's been like that for years. If they couldn't be bothered to work on it WHEN they had the man power, what makes you think they will ever do it with LESS man power available???

#83 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:36 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 12 February 2021 - 07:25 AM, said:

long term solution....

WHEN has PGI EVER gave us a long term solution to ANYTHING?

Look at EVERYTHING they have tried to fix. The mess with it ONE time and never touch it again. It's been like that for years. If they couldn't be bothered to work on it WHEN they had the man power, what makes you think they will ever do it with LESS man power available???

I will be hopeful that the new owners are looking to make effort and thus we've got Daeron and Matt doing SOMETHING which is more than we've gotten in the past ... 6 months? 9 months? I dunno, whenever Russ basically said it was maintenance mode.

Maybe we get very little out of this, but I think that there being activity is a positive sign and I'll see where it goes.

#84 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 12 February 2021 - 08:41 AM

Why does this feels like a simple hotfix?
Compared to actual patches of the past, this is totally "light" in term of "content"

I'll echo a few suggestion about ToD :
-Random at the start of the match then fixed.
-Multiple maps with the Night/Day variants.

And what's the big deal with bolt-ons?
I'd guess if they are permanent, they wouldn't have a hitbox anymore, to avoid all this crazy paranoia about giving an unfair advantage/disadvantage.
Or I'm missing something about them?
And this has been discussed for months, I guess there's people who only learned how to read recently.
Or listen to the words spoken during the various PGI videos on the topic...

Anyway, my two cents. I'm broke now! D:

#85 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:56 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 10 February 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

Why are these map changes happening? its a step backward, the amount of maps we have atm is already insanely small, taking away features like dynamic weather and day/night cycle sucks, what gives?

It's like when their 'solution' to the turrets having too much range in assault mode, hitting players even when they had no intention of capping the enemy base.. was to delete them altogether instead of limiting their range or firepower, or changing their positioning.. or anything. Now you can hardly call it assault mode when a single light can waltz right onto the base and start capping it..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 February 2021 - 08:23 AM.

#86 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:33 AM

View Postkaukas, on 14 February 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Kaukas, on 10 February 2021 - 09:44 AM, said:
hello , make mwo great again ! Posted Image

those permanent boltons are fantastic idea , and all who have opinion that its bad idea because u cant identify enemy mech easy - big part of real life warfare is camouflage and deception, like my grandfather used to say - there are no rules in war and in bed Posted Image

at last now there is a point in buying boltons and we gonna see completely new looking mechs on battlefield

thansk pgi , good luck , don't let this game die and try to make more maps - think about making fundraiser for map making - maybe this way community can fund new map every 3 months Posted Image

Agreed.. felt like a rip off when bolt-ons fell off so quickly.. and yep-yep-yep, I'd def pay into map
fundraisers or map-paks.

PS. your grandfathers sounded like a very interesting fellow.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 February 2021 - 08:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users