604 replies to this topic

#601 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 April 2021 - 02:15 AM

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I wasn't trying to make you feel inferior and insecure - I just like facts and numbers, and reason from them whenever I can. As such, I'm not going to accept your personal recollection of the times you "totally saw this one Light just melt some Assault's armor, and..." It doesn't work that way - although your attempts to argue with me do underscore a certain lack of understanding. Lights, for example, do indeed target the least maneuverable enemies. Lights are designed to be maneuverable, and that strength matches up with Assault chassis' weaknesses rather well. But they don't "hard-counter" them. They don't just pull some $W337 N1NJ4 moves and get a free kill. But you want to believe otherwise, because you totally see that in top-level players Youtube highlights. That must mean top-level players agree with you - except those pesky Isengrim whose data I'm using. Light pilots all tell you this - except the one standing in front of you, as it were, telling you that's not quite how it works. You're holding forth with affronted arrogance on the performance of chassis you don't play - and talking down to someone who has specialized in both weight classes in the past.

So I won't try to poison the well with innuendo like I was "some pro," or a "forum elitist." I won't even belabor the point that you are insisting on your bad argument as currently correct after the most massive set of changes in the history of MWO, - it seems facts don't overly inconvenience your opinions. I'll just tell you once again what I've told you from the start: your feelings aren't numbers, and your anecdotal stories do not trump the observable facts.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 April 2021 - 02:17 AM.

#602 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:44 AM

Liking the weapons pass so far. haven't dug in too deep yet.

#603 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 25 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

Overall, the April patch is a winner in my books...

#604 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:05 PM

I haven't made the time yet, but I'm very interested to try it out.

This is what they should have done originally with the reverted patch - they get free game design input from people with a ton of in-game experience, and we get a balance patch that's from that different direction. Whatever works, they can incorporate into their balancing theories, and whatever needs adjustment isn't their fault! PGI wins either way. =]

#605 Martaloc

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:46 AM

Very good so far but need some adjustment:
LB20X AC's on both side ,on the the clans has the same speed as the LB10X version, on the IS side much more broken ,1330 velocity(lol) on the LB20X while the LB10X has 1100 velocity(?) , bring both back to the other 20 cannons,800-900 velocity max

clan ER large laser Reduce the burn time to 1,25 ; much needed help cuz IS got buffed again,

ATM's Cant we do some compromise? Remove the minimum range and in the same time forget the closequarter damage too,
So 0-600 meters 2 dmg/missile, 601-1100 meters 1dmg/missile and clans have one more fun weaponsystem

clan heatgens : buff to them 0,75 same as IS, considering the IS has almost on all mech heatquirks and this was the original value before PGI nerfed the clans into the ground, plus clans are still hotter and have zero heatquirks, yes some omnipod sets have very mediocre -2,5%- -5 % heatquirks but when you remove one setpiece you lost even that, non omnimechs have zero quirks in generall, so yeah my sad Supernova collections.................

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users