- - - - -

Intel Gathering: Weapons Balance Pass 1

614 replies to this topic

#561 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

View PostLanzman, on 19 March 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

This essentially makes all SRMs into Streaks. Not how they work. Standard SRMs are dumb-fire rockets that don't lock on and/or track a target. They go where the cross-hairs are.
Srms are fine as they are dunno why we need to change more stuff and by Change i mean mess up, which is usually what PGi does....

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 March 2021 - 11:37 AM.

#562 G4u55C4t

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:41 PM

I don't understand why Light Gauss rifles have a 5.25, a Gauss rifle has a 7 and a Heavy Gauss only has a 5 second cooldown time. A heavier weapon shouldn't cool down faster than lighter ones.

#563 McMullen

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:13 AM

View PostLanzman, on 19 March 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

This essentially makes all SRMs into Streaks. Not how they work. Standard SRMs are dumb-fire rockets that don't lock on and/or track a target. They go where the cross-hairs are.

To be fair, in TT SRMs are guided weapons - it's MRMs and Rockets that are unguided - and the Streak system just prohibits firing before a lock is made, and makes it so that all of the missiles always hit. If PGI is going to maintain spread as an replacement for the cluster-hit table (which I think makes perfect sense) then I would personally like to see locked SRMs (with the option to dumb-fire, just like LRMs) and have Streaks do something a bit more, to justify the 50% weight increase on a standard SRM. Makes them simultaneously more deadly but also more random - you could blow off a head, or you could just thump into the CT, regardless of your aiming.

https://www.sarna.ne...t_Range_Missile

#564 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:46 AM

View PostG4u55C4t, on 19 March 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

I don't understand why Light Gauss rifles have a 5.25, a Gauss rifle has a 7 and a Heavy Gauss only has a 5 second cooldown time. A heavier weapon shouldn't cool down faster than lighter ones.
because clan bad IS good.. must nerf clan and buff IS

#565 Beesoldier

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBayern

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:35 AM

I think that increasing cooldowns on ppcs and some gauss was a bad idea,

especially increasing light ppc and light gauss cooldowns made the weapons very unattractive to use, i think light ppcs were good as they were before and light gauss should even had a slight dps buff because not many are using it due to being the less performing option to weapons with similar weight, of course they have great ranges but this can only rarely be used in quickplay in a manner that would make it worth equipping,

in retrospect i think the weapons in mwo were at a good balance point for quite some time, tho
my thoughts would be that:
-c-erppcs should be nerfed just a little from the state before the patch, for example by decreasing velocity or increasing heat, IS ppcs were totally fine and should be reverted,
-atms should be nerfed via decreasing the missiles health to make them more counterable by ams,
-rac2s should be nerfed by increasing heat slightly

so in conclusion i think the game should be balanced in a way that it not destroys builds by changing cooldowns too much, at least i am here to play the game because its fun shooting, so increasing cooldowns by a lot only means less felt fun

if the masc changes fit here im just gonna say: it was completely unasked for and without the turn rate buffs the masc mechs now lose a lot of the one cool thing they had, managing masc additionally to everything else in the cockpit is a great skill and shall be rewarded instead of losing effectiveness

#566 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:51 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 March 2021 - 02:47 AM, said:

Noperino.

They have always been anti-armor weapons in every previous BT/MW game, both real-time and turn-based. Only in MWO was there a deviation from MGs being anti-armor (and subsequently, HBS-Battletech deviated too).

Pilots specifically were terrorized by machinegun fire chewing up their cockpit glass

#567 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:10 PM

View PostG4u55C4t, on 19 March 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 March 2021 - 01:46 AM, said:

because clan bad IS good.. must nerf clan and buff IS

Alternately, it might obviously be because the first two are long-range guns, and the latter is a brawling weapon. If you dislike the changes, offer criticisms based on facts instead of accusing PGI of what may well be your own partisan biases. =]

#568 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 March 2021 - 02:47 AM, said:

Noperino.

They have always been anti-armor weapons in every previous BT/MW game, both real-time and turn-based. Only in MWO was there a deviation from MGs being anti-armor (and subsequently, HBS-Battletech deviated too).

Machine guns in Battletech have always done damage to armor and weapons, but had some advantages against infantry, if I recall. MWO's addition of component-destruction is an innovation, but I suppose you could think of it as being a compensation for its utility against the infantry that doesn't exist in this game.

Still, there is no way that reducing machine guns to a crit fishing system is going to be good for the game; the game's core design is that of attrition. And that's part of the setting: huge machines that have been battered and repatched over centuries. Heck, even in the game's story, one of the things that inspired such dread about the Clans is that (in addition to being plotonium-level overpowered,) their machines were all new. Inner Sphere 'mech production was barely able to keep up with irreparable battle damage, so most of the time you'd be looking at a machine that was centuries old. In any case, the story line of the game has nothing to do with actual weapon balance, and I digress.

#569 --GameOver

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 04:05 AM

No one likes this weird mechanics with minimal PPC distance. This is unrealistic and illogical. I suggest adding damage to the PPC at a distance of less than 90 meters, but with some reservations. If you shoot at a target from a distance of less than 90 meters, the damage is distributed between the shooter and the target. The closer the target is, the less damage it gets and the more damage the shooter gets (it is possible to get critical damage). For APC, LPC damage is medium, for HTC, IS ERPPC, Clan ER PPC damage is large, for SUB PC there is no damage.

#570 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:02 AM

View Post--GameOver23Rus--, on 02 April 2021 - 04:05 AM, said:

No one likes this weird mechanics with minimal PPC distance. This is unrealistic and illogical. I suggest adding damage to the PPC at a distance of less than 90 meters, but with some reservations. If you shoot at a target from a distance of less than 90 meters, the damage is distributed between the shooter and the target. The closer the target is, the less damage it gets and the more damage the shooter gets (it is possible to get critical damage). For APC, LPC damage is medium, for HTC, IS ERPPC, Clan ER PPC damage is large, for SUB PC there is no damage.
no one likes 120m minmium on ATMs or the minimium on IS LRMa either.... but they are part of the game the ppc alwasy had 90m minimium though pilots could turn that off at the risk of destroying their ppc

#571 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:58 PM

Wrong game.

#572 Zog The Loremaster

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:42 PM

What is going to happen to the hunchback IIc quirk to fire 2 ac20s without ghost heat when they change the clan ac20s come the 20th?

#573 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:26 AM

View PostZog The Loremaster, on 07 April 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

What is going to happen to the hunchback IIc quirk to fire 2 ac20s without ghost heat when they change the clan ac20s come the 20th?

the hunchy iic has a uac20 heatspike quirk and uacs do not get their ghost heat changed.all you can do then is running dual basic ac20..if you can deal with even less ammo since they weigh 1 ton more each

#574 CrimsonEye

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

Please remove Rotary 2 & Rotary 5 critical chances, this 2 weapon are already crazy over powered when have 2 or more.

The fact that even uac couldn't really compare with it, in addition with critical chances? it will just kinda ruin the whole fun, with it will not just shred enemy armor but also equipments and weapon system? too much.

#575 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:44 PM

View PostSerenna187, on 08 April 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

the hunchy iic has a uac20 heatspike quirk and uacs do not get their ghost heat changed.all you can do then is running dual basic ac20..if you can deal with even less ammo since they weigh 1 ton more each

They are 1 slot bigger they don't weigh more.

#576 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 05:00 AM

oof,ye,had a brain fart there

#577 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:41 PM

View PostCrimsonEye, on 08 April 2021 - 10:55 AM, said:

Please remove Rotary 2 & Rotary 5 critical chances, this 2 weapon are already crazy over powered when have 2 or more.

The fact that even uac couldn't really compare with it, in addition with critical chances? it will just kinda ruin the whole fun, with it will not just shred enemy armor but also equipments and weapon system? too much.

I agree RACs are insanely good at doing high amounts of damage to players standing out in the open.
That is inherently their weakness as well though, and why they aren't seen in competitive play - the ramp-up time allows enemy traders to do damage without getting shot back.

#578 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:18 AM

when so many Weapons so OP, Why all crys about it and not use the Weapons self for Auto Win?

#579 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:00 AM

I agree with all suggestions. I also agree with all future suggestions. There should be 3 to 5 passes in total, then no more. Find the right balance for the game in the least amount of passes.

#580 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:04 AM

I think LB 10 X AC inner sphere should have a cooldown boost and a heat boost like 1.2% something small... something barely noticable. I know they already are good with heat and cooldown, but why not make them that little bit more of an edge, coz of all these changes coming up. The spread is pretty good, they are a shotgun after all... the heat and the cooldown (rate of fire) could use that little 1.2% boost just for the sake of making it a solid weapon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users