- Reduced Unit Recruitment Costs
- Increased Cadet Bonus
- Time of Day Static
- Caustic Valley

Intel Gathering 06:14​ - 10:30​
- Bolt-Ons (Which Should Stay?)
- Weapon Balance Pass 1
- Map Spawn Points
- Today/Tomorrow: Next Booster Pack (Clan)
- Today/Tomorrow: New Player Pack(s)
- Upcoming: Agility Pass 1
- Upcoming: Quirk Pass 1

Stryker Booster Pack 10:31​ - 21:02​
- Thunderbolt 10SE and Grand Dragon 1G
- Hopefully Viewed as Solid Value
- New Direction With Bolt-Ons
- Livestream Bolt-on creation
- Quirks Coming Soon
- ‘Mechs Release April 20th BUT can still get Early Adopter Rewards as late as May 18th
- Grand Dragon the Most Requested ‘Mech By Far
- More Time For Community Back and Forth With Upcoming Clan Booster Pack

March Patch 21:03​ - 28:51​
- Fix Lighting on Caustic Valley
- Update Bolt-Ons that Should Fall Off
- Change Spawn Points for Tourmaline Dessert
- Balance AMS Match Score Values
- Weapons Balance Changes Pass 1
- New Trial ‘Mech Loadouts

Road Map Update 28:52​ - 36:07​
- Staffing Update
- Update the Full Road Map Around the March Patch
- How Do Items Get Added To The Roadmap?

Misc Chatter 36:08​ - 46:11​
- Population and Revenues Show a Continued Upward Trend Since October 2020
- With Community Help (nuttryrat) We Gave Away 2 Razer Huntsman V2 - Analog Keyboards and a bunch of Huntsmen Hero ‘Mechs!
- Upcoming Events
- Dev & Streamer Hunt (Friday, Feb. 26th through Sunday, Feb. 28th)
- Lucky Charms
- Upcoming Sales
- New Bundles (of Luck, of Charms??)
- Lucky Charms

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:28 PM

Numero uno!

#3 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:34 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 February 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

- Grand Dragon the Most Requested ‘Mech By Far

Unless you're counting all variant requests this is incorrect according to this thread: https://mwomercs.com...d-speculation1/

#4 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:38 PM

Hey great job guys. Thanks again for the summary. Thanks to it, i actually want to go listen to some of those segments! (Without it I would have just skipped.)

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

View PostMonke-, on 24 February 2021 - 05:34 PM, said:

Unless you're counting all variant requests this is incorrect according to this thread: https://mwomercs.com...d-speculation1/

My speculation thread didn't count upvotes (I only counted posts saying "I want this mech"), maybe PGI did and that's how they got the result.

Alternatively, they might have stopped reading after a certain point (the DRG-1G support dies out in the later pages but the DWF-C is more consistent throughout).

Lastly, another possibility is that they combined votes for all of the different versions and variants of the "Grand Dragon" together, whereas I split them apart (DRG-1G, DRG-7K etc.).

Anyways, if PGI is adding more time for community back/forth with future boosters then I guess my speculation thread may be rendered obsolete. It was still a fun experiment I guess.

Edited by FupDup, 24 February 2021 - 05:47 PM.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

The value is good. Grand Dragon -> Bad

Grand Dragon being requested by far is a classic example of where we need to step back and say "Does it really add anything". Because at the end of the day, its not just the people in the forums who are going to be buying this. 16 people asked for the Grand Dragon...

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 24 February 2021 - 05:50 PM.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:51 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 24 February 2021 - 05:49 PM, said:

Grand Dragon being requested by far is a classic example of where we need to step back and say "Does it really add anything". Because at the end of the day, its not just the people in the forums who are going to be buying this. 16 people asked for the Grand Dragon...

I think that for new mechs a different idea might be to create a "crowdfunding" kind of system. Set up a big page with a bunch of different mech ideas with PGI laying out the hardpoints, variants, etc. they'd give it and a little text writeup about what they think it brings to the table. Then people can pledge to buy the mech, and if enough people sign up then and only then do they start development on said mech. That would be a good way to make sure people literally put their money where their mouth is when it comes to asking for new mechs.

It's still possible (and likely) that people might choose to crowdfund bad mechs, but at least PGI would make a positive return on investment (not making enough sales to cover mech production costs is the reason PGI stopped making new mechs in the first place).

Edited by FupDup, 24 February 2021 - 05:56 PM.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:53 PM

Yeah I mean I want to reiterate. You guys have done GREAT things with pretty much everything in this pack. That's why I bought it. Just can't stand that Dragon lol

#9 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

I'm hoping to see some great quirks for the dragon, and from the notes it looks like they'll have the quirks coming soon. If the quirks are terrible, then I'll be unhappy, but so far the process seems to be going great.

I have also pre-ordered it.

#10 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:57 PM

Honestly neither bring something unique to the game. The Grand Dragon is a DRG-1C with worse hardpoint placements for an extra misssile and the Tbolt is a 9SE that swaps a missile hardpoint for ECM.

#11 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:38 PM

Daeron mentioned he received requests for it from other sources besides just the forum (email, discord, etc).

#12 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:44 PM

Give me back solo queue and don't let Chris near the weapon balance and I'll buy the Clan pack.

#13 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:08 PM

If Chris is at the balance helm again, then what was the purpose of all the "feedback gathering"?

Just ask him to do some of his changes again, and I'm sure you can find a couple posts on that feedback thread with the same idea. Then you can reference it as "listening to feedback".

Sorry for being a little frustrated, but I don't like where this is going.

#14 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:11 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 February 2021 - 08:59 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....oWonxBKw?t=1556

there is debate up there you know do we take giant steps or do we take baby steps in terms of uh not obviously this is a past one we're not gonna do all the weapons we're gonna do a certain number of weapons um but the question is do we just you know huge changes massive changes or do we do little baby steps um and that's subjective from the community it's subjective um you know there's the cautionary people that have had have their favorite builds and they want baby steps and then there's the people that are just like oh my god i need a change in this game so we're going to try and hopefully find a balance there and provide a solid um you know first pass at the weapons balance yeah it's not going to be every weapon either so don't like anticipate that every weapon is going to be touched it's going to be probably a group of weapons with like a thought process behind it and um yeah so we will explain our thought process process behind the changes and then you guys can feedback on it and weapon change past two will be you know and loaded in the chambers for the next patch

I'm going to be honest here, like I have all of the time, I agree with the direction of the Gulag, I just disagree on how far it should go. There's issues with their approach, and just reeks of that min-maxing stuff that they transparently retain, that I could only describe as disgust to SSRMS, and the further enforcement of poking.

But seriously, the Gulag group have literally done the work for all of you, for free, as baby-steps as they could put it that I already disagree, but here it is going to be ignored once again, just like the previous Community-Driven Balance Update, going to be done with their own ******** of direction.

Why the selective balance pass? why just not all of it? is it because there's a direction that is different than what PGI wants? While the debate about baby-steps or giant-steps is subjective, PGI ******* up the balance with a series of bad decisions is objective. If they are back to their usual BS, I don't see any point in continuing, it'll be just wasted effort. We all know where this is going, because we've already been there.

We are here right now because of a series of bad decisions from PGI, that includes the weapon balances before that dropped us down in a hole. What is bound to happen is just to get us another hole. It has been said that "those who don't learn from history is doomed to repeat it". And here comes PGI failing to learn from their mistakes, and now about to make the same mistake over again.

Either do the entirety of Gulag, or just forget the revitalization effort and stop wasting our time.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 24 February 2021 - 09:32 PM.

#15 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:10 PM

I wasn't using that thread. I was using this thread: https://mwomercs.com...emech-variants/ as well as Tweets, Facebook posts and messages, Emails, Discord, and Twitch messages.

View PostFupDup, on 24 February 2021 - 05:40 PM, said:

My speculation thread didn't count upvotes (I only counted posts saying "I want this mech"), maybe PGI did and that's how they got the result.

Alternatively, they might have stopped reading after a certain point (the DRG-1G support dies out in the later pages but the DWF-C is more consistent throughout).

Lastly, another possibility is that they combined votes for all of the different versions and variants of the "Grand Dragon" together, whereas I split them apart (DRG-1G, DRG-7K etc.).

Anyways, if PGI is adding more time for community back/forth with future boosters then I guess my speculation thread may be rendered obsolete. It was still a fun experiment I guess.

I still reference it, but when I'm gathering information now I need to use fresh posts.

#16 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:16 PM

On the AMS vrs match score..

Why not turn them into C-bill makers? By this i mean, let the reward people get for them be c-bill based and not have anything to do with match score... Well you need a counter so let them count, and add like +1 match score for each unit, so in the end it would not add much score, But for your c-bills it adds a bit. Worth adding, but won't boost you into teirs, but make them worth loading and they help a team for even a newbie.

At least the noobie can make some cash and give you all cover before he dies. Posted Image

I like what i hear though, I'm excited for these balance changes. I wan't to see heavy JJ's looked at though! I'd also like to see some quirks on lights tweaked. Some a bit more armored, other a bit more mobility. Bring the ACH back. The commando, firestarter.. ect. Let's make some of these mechs really fun again. Posted Image

PS, I would of so loved to see the grand dragon, the one with masc, At this point in time i'm just hopeful for the thunderbolt.

Edited by JC Daxion, 24 February 2021 - 10:17 PM.

#17 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:21 PM

16 people on that forum thread. As I mentioned, it's not my only source of gathering feedback. Some people like the 'Mech, some people don't. Every single 'Mech is going to have that to an extent. But if more people would have spoken up about "better" 'Mechs, then maybe it would have been different. There's a lot of "they're wrong and I'm right" responses I see often from the community regarding what other players like or don't like, and well I guess that just is what it is. Can we (PGI) do better? Absolutely, with the time to bounce feedback back and forth a bit with the community, like we'll be doing with the upcoming follow-up Clan pack, and hopefully all packs moving forward. But that 'Mech was a direct result of community requests, not because it's what Matt and I wanted. Regardless, they're the 'Mechs in this pack and we hope to make them as fun as possible.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 24 February 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yeah I mean I want to reiterate. You guys have done GREAT things with pretty much everything in this pack. That's why I bought it. Just can't stand that Dragon lol

I appreciate that, help us decide on the Clan 'Mechs when I drop that thread, either tonight or in the morning!

#18 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 24 February 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

On the AMS vrs match score..

Why not turn them into C-bill makers? By this i mean, let the reward people get for them be c-bill based and not have anything to do with match score... Well you need a counter so let them count, and add like +1 match score for each unit, so in the end it would not add much score, But for your c-bills it adds a bit. Worth adding, but won't boost you into teirs, but make them worth loading and they help a team for even a newbie.

At least the noobie can make some cash and give you all cover before he dies. Posted Image

I like what i hear though, I'm excited for these balance changes. I wan't to see heavy JJ's looked at though! I'd also like to see some quirks on lights tweaked. Some a bit more armored, other a bit more mobility. Bring the ACH back. The commando, firestarter.. ect. Let's make some of these mechs really fun again. Posted Image

PS, I would of so loved to see the grand dragon, the one with masc, At this point in time i'm just hopeful for the thunderbolt.

I second the idea of having AMS still be good for making money. Give more people a reason to run it!

#19 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:35 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 24 February 2021 - 10:28 PM, said:

I second the idea of having AMS still be good for making money. Give more people a reason to run it!

Well of course a guy named Heavy Money would say that. Posted Image

#20 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:36 PM

Thanks!
Some news made me happy, some upset, some left confused.
Tell me, the upcoming hunt for streamers and developers will again leave those people who live in the UTC time zone more than +2 (+5...+11) on the roadside of life?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users