76 replies to this topic

#61 TwoSteps_N_Front

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

Got on around 4pm, all Heavy 50% off, was shopping what ones i wanted to buy, was in testing one out, came out and only 3 Heavy mech on sale! WTF!!! Sale does not specify limited supply, Sent Matt a Message, hope this can be resolved. Would really like the HBR-Prime i was looking at.

#62 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:03 PM

Can I contact support for this reason
I have about half my mechs unskilled I feel insanely overwhelmed and I really need skill points so please either gift all players like 5000 gsp or the next bundle make them have skill points in them

Edited by 3RoyalStar1, 02 March 2021 - 08:39 PM.

#63 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:31 PM

View PostTwoSteps_N_Front, on 02 March 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

Got on around 4pm, all Heavy 50% off, was shopping what ones i wanted to buy, was in testing one out, came out and only 3 Heavy mech on sale! WTF!!! Sale does not specify limited supply, Sent Matt a Message, hope this can be resolved. Would really like the HBR-Prime i was looking at.

I notice that there is a countdown on the mechs when I look at them at the STORE. So I managed to buy the 3 mechs during the last 5 mins.

Edited by NiceDad, 02 March 2021 - 08:32 PM.

#64 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:27 PM

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 02 March 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

Can I contact support for this reason
I have about half my mechs unskilled I feel insanely overwhelmed and I really need skill points so please either gift all players like 5000 gsp or the next bundle make them have skill points in them

The Stryker Pack comes with 200 GSP (+200 extra during early adopter phase), every Bundle of love contains GSP, you can buy GSP for MC ingame and from the webstore.
Most of the time though, skills don't make or break a build, just enhance it. It should work on it's own, you just have to play a little less reckless.

#65 Rusty Metal Skullgun

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:20 AM

I don't know how much my own feedback of this is worth, but I didn't appreciate this sale much. I work through the weekend - I never have time for much gaming so by the time I found out about it there wasn't much time left to go through a mountain of chassis to figure out which one I wanted. Then I come to find out after deciding on a couple chassis I could use the event was already over. It would be nice if we had more targeted sales that showcased smaller amounts of chassis so that its not so difficult sifting through so much data in so little time just to be able to purchase something. Or for bigger sales, more notice would be nice so that it doesn't feel like this just comes out of nowhere and ends before we even have the chance to decide which ones to buy out of hundreds.

#66 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:23 AM

This "Heavy Mechs and Big Guns Sale" is announced on 23 Feb and ended on 3 Mar so it ran for about 8 days. The previous "Disruptive Sale" announce on 21 Jan which will commence on 22 Jan and ended on 1 Feb which lasted for 10 days.

Maybe in the past there isn't much events or activities going on thus people start to ignore the website to be updated. Now is a good time to spend just 1 1~2 mins to check on MWO website daily for events & updates. No worries as I believe that PGI will have regular sales so as to attract back old players as well as new players to play MWO again.

It will also be a good time to start saving more C-Bills and prepare for the next sale.

#67 Rusty Metal Skullgun

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:01 AM

Where did it get announced on Feb 23? That's my issue. It wasnt announced on the website or in the ingame client until Feb 26th that I can tell. Feb 26 - March 3rd is 5 days (since it doesn't actually extend across March 3rd). I was playing the week prior and saw no notice of it. The In-game client / website front page should be the primary means of finding announcements like this.

#68 CnBlackBeard

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:27 AM

When will there be new mechpacks in Steam?

#69 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:39 AM

View PostRusty Metal Skullgun, on 03 March 2021 - 06:01 AM, said:

Where did it get announced on Feb 23? That's my issue. It wasnt announced on the website or in the ingame client until Feb 26th that I can tell. Feb 26 - March 3rd is 5 days (since it doesn't actually extend across March 3rd). I was playing the week prior and saw no notice of it. The In-game client / website front page should be the primary means of finding announcements like this.

You are right, from the forum the discussion started on 26 Feb, my eye sight failed (most likely due to old age), very sorry about that. Yes, indeed 5 days is abit short and I also spend some time to go through which are the heavies should I buy as I'm also a new player thus a lot of choices for me to choose too.

Hopefully the next sale will not be as short as this heavy sale.

#70 Pyrometheus

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

I see the MAD and 2 WHM as being on sale for 50% off, but no other Heavies show as being on sale.

#71 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:09 PM

Yay! Bought 6 Heavy bois from this sale: Archer, Cataphract, Grasshopper, Roughneck, Orion IIC, Rifleman IIC Posted Image
By the time I finish skilling out these Heavies, I'll probably have enough C-Bills for the Night Gyr and Sunspider.
Saving the Thunderbolt chassis for when the Stryker Booster Mechpack releases Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostLexandro Wolf, on 26 February 2021 - 04:21 PM, said:

Pink Power! Posted Image

View PostSamial, on 26 February 2021 - 09:35 PM, said:

So much Pink <(o.o)>

View PostLockheed_, on 27 February 2021 - 10:05 AM, said:

…and I though my mechs had wild colors…

View PostPinkFluffyUnicorns, on 28 February 2021 - 10:43 AM, said:

Get the hellll off my colour scheme!

thank you Posted Image you know what looks better than one pink mech? 24 of them. i'm still hoping to drop in a game full of pink BattleMechs one day Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 27 February 2021 - 08:48 AM, said:

I hope we never met in any matches. The mere portraits of your mechs implanted dread into my heart. I not want to run screaming loud through a map Posted Image

As long as you're not a LRM boat, I won't chase you down and bite your ankles too hard. Posted Image

#72 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:15 PM

View PostPyrometheus, on 03 March 2021 - 02:06 PM, said:

I see the MAD and 2 WHM as being on sale for 50% off, but no other Heavies show as being on sale.

The sale ended. The 3 heavies that are still on sale are the ones that they forgot to put up originally. Its nice of them to let them run since they were missed before.

#73 Pyrometheus

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:28 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 03 March 2021 - 03:15 PM, said:

The sale ended. The 3 heavies that are still on sale are the ones that they forgot to put up originally. Its nice of them to let them run since they were missed before.

Ah, gotcha. I just missed the announcement then. C'est la vie. I did get a MAD-9M though. :) Another mech I can suck in!

#74 Firewolfslayer

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 February 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

FML so many things went wrong.

Sale is now just Heavy Mechs and Ballistic weapons.

Ammo and Armor sales were not working for me.

Send requests for stuff and I will see what I can do.

can hero omnipods be sold seperately?

#75 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:33 PM

View PostFirewolfslayer, on 04 March 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

We wish... but sadly, that would defeat the whole point of getting somebody to purchase a whole Hero Mech and use a chunk of the (MC) which they have acquired. You know those who are greedy for Real $$$ though, which means you'll have to invest a bit in order to get what you're looking for. Just don't throw away the rest of the Hero Mech after purchasing, as you can not recover any (MC) from your purchase, and you can always develop that Hero Mech into something else. :(

~D. V. "doubts that we could get a Hero Mech OmniPods Sale at all" Devnull

#76 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:34 PM

View PostFirewolfslayer, on 04 March 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

No, unless you own the Hero mech.

#77 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:32 AM

View Postcatgirl, on 03 March 2021 - 03:09 PM, said:

As long as you're not a LRM boat, I won't chase you down and bite your ankles too hard. Posted Image

Posted Image Ouch!
I have two LRM fitted heavy omnis but not because I love LRM-boats. A Mad dog for team-support and a Summoner because my hands shakes again thanks for chemo and could not aim with PPC properly... But will rearm those PPCs as soon as I could handle them again Posted Image
But since we are both Falcons I not think you need to bite me, right?Posted Image

No, unless you own the Hero mech.

Yeah. That is why I cannot made a dakka-MDG. Not if it is so bad now (2xLRM20, TAG, ER-PPC) but I would love a dakka-dog over a mere fire-support hound...

Edit:
Anyway, this sale were more than handy. Having four heavies now for my FP deck is cool. Now I not need to ride trial mechs anymore on clan side. Of course a medium\assault sale now would also welcomed by me. Try to build an IS deck and need another assault and two mediums for cheap (FREE!!! Posted Image)...

Edited by Duke Falcon, 05 March 2021 - 10:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users