• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

I were not sure where to post this:
How can I paint my mech?
In previous games it were BASIC and DEFAULT to put half-dozen different colour-schemes or camos on the mechs... Now there is no such thing?! I mean I found the "pay-a-fortune-for-x-colours" thing but that is a bit shameful (or there is a way to achieve MC during gameplay)... I know I just finished my "cadet time" but I already see how chaotic this whole MWO is (time-traveling mechs since game states it is the date 3052, and Fafnirs all around?!), many things missed (clan-refits for salvaged IS mechs, as putting salvaged clan tech upon IS mech is also not a devil's playground).
So I concluded that mixed-mechs would included in some future updates\patches, but please! Grant option to use basic painting on mechs, even if pre-made schemes!
Sorry if I were off-topic and\or offensive\frustrated...

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 01 February 2021 - 11:51 AM, said:

How can I paint my mech?
In previous games it were BASIC and DEFAULT to put half-dozen different colour-schemes or camos on the mechs... Now there is no such thing?! I mean I found the "pay-a-fortune-for-x-colours" thing but that is a bit shameful
but please! Grant option to use basic painting on mechs, even if pre-made schemes!

1. Click "Select 'Mech".

Posted Image

2. Click on your chosen 'Mech.

3. Click "Camo Specs".

Posted Image

4. Click on the "Pattern" tab. Nothe that you are buying a pattern for a specific Mech, not for all your 'Mechs. So if you buy a pattern designed for Centurion, you can not use that pattern automatically for Cataphract.

5. Click on the small downward arrow to switch to between One-Shot and Permanent patterns.
One- Shot patterns are cheaper, but you can use that pattern only once. That means that once you change the pattern, you will lose it.
Permanent patterns are more oxpensive, but you can return to them as many times as you wish.

6. Select the camo pattern that you like.

Posted Image

7. Click "Color".

8. Select the color channel.

9. Click on the color that you would like to buy.

Posted Image

10. Click "View Cart" to see what you are buying.

Posted Image

11. Items that you are going to buy: Three colors (3*500 MC) and One-Shot camo pattern (75 MC).

Posted Image

12. Click "Save".

Posted Image

(or there is a way to achieve MC during gameplay)...

Either you can buy MCs for cash or you can earn them during various challenges.

Posted Image

You can even win Patterns for your 'Mechs:

Posted Image

I know I just finished my "cadet time" but I already see how chaotic this whole MWO is (time-traveling mechs since game states it is the date 3052, and Fafnirs all around?!)

The original idea that one year in MWO would be one year in BattleTech timeline set during the Clan Invasion has been abandoned. Let's just say that we are in the FedCom Civil War era and that is about as close as you need to know.

many things missed (clan-refits for salvaged IS mechs, as putting salvaged clan tech upon IS mech is also not a devil's playground).
So I concluded that mixed-mechs would included in some future updates\patches

It would make the game very unbalanced, so do not expect it to happen.

Ask in this section of the forums whenever you need and somebody will answer you question sooner or later.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:41 PM

I know I just finished my "cadet time" but I already see how chaotic this whole MWO is (time-traveling mechs since game states it is the date 3052, and Fafnirs all around?!)

View Postmartian, on 01 February 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

The original idea that one year in MWO would be one year in BattleTech timeline set during the Clan Invasion has been abandoned. Let's just say that we are in the FedCom Civil War era and that is about as close as you need to know.

Dude... LOL... I can put them even closer to the correct year... All they need reference is the MWO Clock Page @ https://mwomercs.com/clock to see a number that's closer to the right one. ;)

~D. V. "providing better MWO Time Information for use" Devnull

(p.s.: PGI Staff really should add a link to the MWO Clock Page @ https://mwomercs.com/clock at the bottom of the website's pages!)

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:00 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 February 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

Dude... LOL... I can put them even closer to the correct year... All they need reference is the MWO Clock Page @ https://mwomercs.com/clock to see a number that's closer to the right one. Posted Image
~D. V. "providing better MWO Time Information for use" Devnull
(p.s.: PGI Staff really should add a link to the MWO Clock Page @ https://mwomercs.com/clock at the bottom of the website's pages!)

No matter what plans Russ Bullock had for the timeline advancement originally, PGI abandoned those plans many years ago.

Does anybody still remember those "Inner Sphere News"?

After all, the amount of BattleTech lore and background in MWO is small. The "Civil War Update" did not even bother to tell the players who is in war with who, and why. Posted Image

Edited by martian, 03 February 2021 - 06:00 AM.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

View Postmartian, on 03 February 2021 - 06:00 AM, said:

No matter what plans Russ Bullock had for the timeline advancement originally, PGI abandoned those plans many years ago.

Does anybody still remember those "Inner Sphere News"?

After all, the amount of BattleTech lore and background in MWO is small. The "Civil War Update" did not even bother to tell the players who is in war with who, and why. Posted Image

True... You're right that it would have been helpful to involve more information from the Lore... I just wanted to show the other person (Duke Falcon) a number that provided a little closer reference... that's all. :)

~D. V. "I get it... sucks to be missing all those fun details about FedCom's Civil War..." Devnull

[Post Edited once by its' Author because of a typing error...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 03 February 2021 - 08:51 AM.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:40 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 February 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

True... You're right that it would have been helpful to involve more information from the Lore... I just wanted to show the other person (Duke Falcon) a number that provided a little closer reference... that's all. Posted Image

~D. V. "I get it... sucks to be missing all those fun details about FedCom's Civil War..." Devnull
[Post Edited once by its' Author because of a typing error...]

I wonder if PGI remembers that the "MWO Clock" still exists.

When PGI says "Advance the Timeline" in the new Roadmap, they do not mean "We will offer the players a deeper immersion into the BattleTech Universe and meaningful events based on what is happening in the Inner Sphere in 3050s or 3060s."

No, PGI actually means: "We will offer you a new 'MechPack and maybe we will throw in some new weapons (that is, if we can create them by editing existing game files)."

#7 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:04 AM

View Postmartian, on 03 February 2021 - 09:40 AM, said:

I wonder if PGI remembers that the "MWO Clock" still exists.

When PGI says "Advance the Timeline" in the new Roadmap, they do not mean "We will offer the players a deeper immersion into the BattleTech Universe and meaningful events based on what is happening in the Inner Sphere in 3050s or 3060s."

No, PGI actually means: "We will offer you a new 'MechPack and maybe we will throw in some new weapons (that is, if we can create them by editing existing game files)."

I somehow understand why PGI not sticked to timeline + lore like glue... Otherwise what would CSJ loyalist do after 3061 as their clan got eradicated (well, not completely). Still funny that how the ingame date and content contradicts albeit those whom not know much about BT lore (or not care) not even notice such things.

An Martian, thanks for the answer!
Somehow I doubt that buy three colours may apply on all my future mechs so I currently forfeit paintjob...

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 03 February 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

I somehow understand why PGI not sticked to timeline + lore like glue... Otherwise what would CSJ loyalist do after 3061 as their clan got eradicated (well, not completely). Still funny that how the ingame date and content contradicts albeit those whom not know much about BT lore (or not care) not even notice such things.

I would imagine that after that date you could decide on what new Clan (existing in MWO) you wish to enter. Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 03 February 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

An Martian, thanks for the answer!
Somehow I doubt that buy three colours may apply on all my future mechs so I currently forfeit paintjob...

1) Colours and decals can be used on all your 'Mechs as often as you wish. So if you buy "Moegi" colour, you can use it on your JagerMech, Atlas or Spider or any other 'Mech or on all of them simultaneously. Ditto for any decal that you buy or win.

2) Camo Patterns can be used only a chassis they are designed for. So if you buy "Sherman" camo pattern for your Cataphract, you can use it on your Cataphracts only - not on your Phoenix Hawks, not on your Awesomes.

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 11:53 PM

The following discussion was split from this topic due to being off-topic there. It still holds valueable information for New Players and thus gets its own topic.

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

How can I paint my mech?
In previous games it were BASIC and DEFAULT to put half-dozen different colour-schemes or camos on the mechs... Now there is no such thing?! I mean I found the "pay-a-fortune-for-x-colours" thing but that is a bit shameful (or there is a way to achieve MC during gameplay)... I know I just finished my "cadet time" but I already see how chaotic this whole MWO is (time-traveling mechs since game states it is the date 3052, and Fafnirs all around?!), many things missed (clan-refits for salvaged IS mechs, as putting salvaged clan tech upon IS mech is also not a devil's playground).
So I concluded that mixed-mechs would included in some future updates\patches, but please! Grant option to use basic painting on mechs, even if pre-made schemes!

To add to martian's explaination,
If I were you, I'd buy One-Shots. Why? Because (excluding a sale), you'd have to rebuy the One-Shot 10 times to equal the cost of the Permanent camo.
And some important info on how exactly camos and colors work:
1. Once you apply a pattern, you can change the colors of the (at most) 3 color channels. You do NOT have to rebuy the One-shot camo and pay again UNLESS you change the pattern itself--think of a patten as a "paint-by-number outline" with 3 possible colors.
2. One-shot camos apply to a single instance of a mech. Permanent camos work for ALL owned or future owned instances within a CHASSIS like all Centurions or all Hunchbacks you may ever own. This starts to add value to justify the cost but usually not enough to make it cheaper than one-shots.
3. Colors are expensive but once purchased can be used for ANY mech with ANY pattern and ANY decal color for ALL time. Most good-looking colors are 500 MC and higher or brighter colors are 1000 MC. There are 6 basic colors that can be bought with cbills. In my opinion, they're not great. They're pretty dull and they don't look good with each other on the same mech.

A lot of people take issue with the cost, but keep in mind, this is a F2P game and customization is one of the remaining avenues to getting money to pay for the game.

#11 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:06 AM

There are a select few colors that are available with CBills... they are muted colors. Like, the basic default green is a dull one. There's a basic blue, red, etc etc.

You can get MC in game via loot bags and other events. ALWAYS follow the links to the redemption pages here on the site. You don't get to 'redeem' things in game... it isn't automatic... you have to claim them here...
https://mwomercs.com...s?t=202103lucky
Its always in the pop-up when game launches, or on the home page of mwomercs.com. These 'challenges' are EASILY the best way to earn Cbills, XP, SP, and MC, as well as consumables.

You'll occasionally get colors and patterns. But I think I've gotten 3 of each over the years.
I Started with buying red white and blue... and had a scheme across all mechs. Eventually, as I got a couple other colors, I've switched up the theme on some mechs.

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:50 AM

Several of these CBill base colours will be earned with the revamped cadet bonuses. Reference: https://mwomercs.com...70-17-feb-2021/

#13 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:50 AM

How can I paint my mech?

Look for the BASIC COLORS in the dropdown menue in the colors tab those can bebought with C-Bills....but patterns are to be bought with MC. The Faction patterns com with their own colors that are integrated in the pattern and are activatet by pressing the default button in the patterns screen.

According to lore Clan Omnimech and IS Battlemech technologie are inherently incompatible and can not be interchanged without either extensive reffit by expert techs or during a rebuilding of the concerned battlemech (provided the needed facilitys) The other way round an Omnimech can be modified to use IS weapons, using an aditional interface. But there where restrictions regarding how you are able to mix IS and Clan tech. But Basicaly Mixtech is a NoNo in Battletech outside from private player rounds.

Timeline is (post) VerCom Civilwar

#14 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:37 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 April 2021 - 01:50 AM, said:

Several of these CBill base colours will be earned with the revamped cadet bonuses. Reference: https://mwomercs.com...70-17-feb-2021/

That's pretty cool! Too bad its not retroactive. Or, I wish it was tied to training academy stuff we all could do.
Lots of my mechs are painted with colors, but not patterns. They tend to look pretty good.

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 April 2021 - 03:50 AM, said:

...The Faction patterns com with their own colors that are integrated in the pattern and are activatet by pressing the default button in the patterns screen....

I had never noticed that! If only they could also be used on other mechs. I'd get a decent number of colors from my MC mechs and faction patterns if it worked that way lol

#15 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:48 PM

View Postchevy42083, on 09 April 2021 - 10:37 AM, said:

That's pretty cool! Too bad its not retroactive. Or, I wish it was tied to training academy stuff we all could do.
Lots of my mechs are painted with colors, but not patterns. They tend to look pretty good.

I had never noticed that! If only they could also be used on other mechs. I'd get a decent number of colors from my MC mechs and faction patterns if it worked that way lol

naaa you misunderstood me. You can not transfer those colors to other paterns. Its just that the faction or hero paterns are already colored. But they will not show that way when you buy a faction pattern. You have to reset it to default to have it display its standart colors. The patterns for 750 MC come without colors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users