Timeline Of Events - Mwo/mw5 Development Breakdown & Business Decisions

23 replies to this topic

#21 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,078 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:27 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 March 2021 - 09:14 PM, said:

MW5 has a 5.2 user rating on metacritic... it's not about what you or I wish at this point.

I also plan to get it when it releases on Steam. https://store.steamp..._5_Mercenaries/

Ooof.

Even the actual Critics is mostly mid, and they have no negatives like the paid shills they are.

#22 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:37 PM

View PostDauntless Blint, on 10 March 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

I wish the game had the backing like warthunder or warframe to overhaul the graphics, UI and maybe maps and games modes.
There are some well meaning naiveties in this thread.
Hopefully they get a good insurance job out of the server fire.<s>
They need someone with a renewed vision. I see the level of detail and movie quality graphics in warthunder and wonder what a mech game done in that engine would look like. The tracer fire at night is particularly nice. Like if they really backed them selves.

Overhauling graphics and engines are a double edged sword.. You can do it and it'll look amazing but as an old game like this you may find a massive chunk of the player base disappears because their PCs no longer run it.

Most people do not update their PCs very often.

View PostTheArisen, on 10 March 2021 - 03:48 PM, said:

I'd agree that some people get really antagonistic but the thing you need to understand is more than a few of us have been here suggesting things and putting in considerable effort for YEARS because of our attachment to the game/universe, etc. Idk how many threads I've started just aimed at improving the game and always writing them in a friendly manner. I know PGI has no obligation to listen but several of those threads got quite large and were even seen by PGI and even with officially recognized things like the balance suggested years ago by the community just got put in in a sort of weird way.

PGI does listen but it can be really hard to know if they are and then what they'll actually do can be more then a little off.

I know i've been here on and off for years, but some a few have some deep seated issues, especially certain banned ones and their hangers on etc.. They aren't really here to fix the game even if they say they are.

That said we all agree mistakes were made, now its time for things to progress and get better, the constant "hate" does not do well with new players coming and seeing it daily, that just lowers whats left of our population.

My 2c for what its worth.

View PostNightbird, on 10 March 2021 - 09:14 PM, said:

MW5 has a 5.2 user rating on metacritic... it's not about what you or I wish at this point.

I also plan to get it when it releases on Steam. https://store.steamp..._5_Mercenaries/

Steam has a much larger player base and the customers use the workshop/nexus far more, so if it does ok on steam you may see a larger mod scene open up and fix even more of it.

Also who knows this DLC may actually fix the game somewhat, HBS Battletech was with its DLC, I dunno if anyone chooses to remember but HBS Battletech was a dumpster fire at release.

I still do not enjoy it very much to this day.. 4 mechs, horrible balancing and way over the top enemies.. yeah no. And it needs mods to make it better as well.

It was no Mechcommander Gold to me.

Edited by Samial, 10 March 2021 - 09:48 PM.

#23 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,478 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:01 PM

+1 Agree!

I will buy more Premium Packages going forward, supporting MWO with both words and deeds.

Actually start planning for which Ultimate Packs for IS/Clan to get, shooting for the (hopeful) 2021 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards Programme!

View PostSamial, on 10 March 2021 - 09:37 PM, said:

...we all agree mistakes were made, now its time for things to progress and get better, the constant "hate" does not do well with new players coming and seeing it daily, that just lowers whats left of our population.

My 2c for what its worth. ...

Edited by w0qj, 10 March 2021 - 10:02 PM.

#24 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,478 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:09 PM

I myself would be willing to pre-order MW5 on GOG or Steam, if PGI offers the same four (4) MWO Special Mechs, just like they did for Epic. ie:

Propose pre-order MW5 on GOG/Steam, and you also get for MWO:
Catapult CPLT-C2(S) for MWO
Warhammer WHM-9D(S) for MWO
Marauder MAD-9M(S) for MWO
King Crab KGC-001(S) for MWO

This might be enough to prod me off from sitting on the fence, and actually buying MW5 on GOG/Steam !!

(Hope PGI/MWO is listening!) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users