57 replies to this topic

#41 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:25 AM

View Postjss78, on 11 March 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

I regret to tell you, EU pings to NA server are actually completely fine...

From central EU its about 100-120ms. That's a bit much for a "fps style" game. The lag is quite noticeable. I tried playing on NA and I can't bring myself to do it. I am waiting for EU servers to go back up.

Now its not terrible but if you're used to playing fps at decent pings anything over 80-90+ ms is too much regardless of the game.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 11 March 2021 - 06:26 AM.

#42 Soilex Hawk

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:43 AM

For me it's not a big difference ... and MWO is too "slow" to be compared to other fps games.

#43 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:59 AM

I'm in NA, but since I typically get 110-120 ms on EU servers, I'll leave them selected for the sake of matchmaking. I get 20-30 ms on NA servers, but I get 300+ ms on OC servers, which is why I finally had to give up on those.

I don't really notice much difference between 30 and 120 (though anything above 120 starts to show).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 11 March 2021 - 08:00 AM.

#44 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:30 AM

View PostSoilex Hawk, on 11 March 2021 - 06:43 AM, said:

For me it's not a big difference ... and MWO is too "slow" to be compared to other fps games.

Well, FPS as soldier definitely not, yet more like WoT (Posted Image ), War Thunder or Armored Warfare, but more complex.
At least I could see the diff in lag.

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 March 2021 - 03:19 AM, said:

If you're having any problems with the MWO EU Servers right now, then so am I at this time. But in this case, I do not think that they have them set up yet. Posted Image

~D. V. "also unable to connect to the MWO EU Servers as of yet" Devnull

At least I could give PGI time to set up things, since my laptop needs reassemble after storage and memory upgrades :D

#45 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:56 AM

View PostRASTIL, on 10 March 2021 - 04:35 AM, said:

Not really, playing from poland I have about 100-150 ping on MWO american servers

same for me, here in Denmark Posted Image

Edited by Flanking Boy, 11 March 2021 - 10:57 AM.

#46 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:15 AM

Hello once again everyone.

The new game servers have passed their QA checks and have been made available for play. We had to qualify a lot of new stuff due to changes in the process from the last time we set one of these up. New hardware platform, new server OS, lots of stuff to dig into and validate. Thanks for your patience while we got this all up and running.

Have fun and go blow up some Mechs!

#47 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 March 2021 - 05:05 PM, said:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

EU Dedicated Servers have returned in a beta state on new hardware - If you experience issues please email - support@mwomercs.com

Glad to hear you're in a better state on setting them up. I'm kind of surprised though that you didn't make them part of a PTS run, just to work out the bugs without putting them directly in production mode immediately. However, I will keep my checkbox for European unmarked for now, and let the crazy people have a whack who don't mind risking it. Please keep us informed, and let us know when the European MWO Game Servers have reached full normal stability? :)

~D. V. "thankful for the progress on restoring MWO EU Game Servers so far, but being cautious for now" Devnull

#48 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:32 AM

An impressive turnaround time for spinning up new servers. I'm sure it caused some headaches for PGI folks, but it is appreciated. Thank you.

#49 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:45 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 March 2021 - 11:25 AM, said:

Glad to hear you're in a better state on setting them up. I'm kind of surprised though that you didn't make them part of a PTS run, just to work out the bugs without putting them directly in production mode immediately. However, I will keep my checkbox for European unmarked for now, and let the crazy people have a whack who don't mind risking it. Please keep us informed, and let us know when the European MWO Game Servers have reached full normal stability? Posted Image

~D. V. "thankful for the progress on restoring MWO EU Game Servers so far, but being cautious for now" Devnull

We have a high degree of confidence that these will work as expected and felt is was best to get wide exposure on it. Waiting for PTS would have taken quite a while to do properly and the option never even entered our internal discussions for this process given how sure we are that things will be fine.

#50 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:58 PM

I am sincerely glad that you guys were able to give a decent answer to a sudden problem.
On the other hand, I am somewhat saddened that this incident took you some man-hours, which could have been spent on improving the MWO.
Hopefully the new servers will behave well and will not throw unexpected problems for you and all of us.

#51 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:26 AM

Servers work fine from the player end. Thank you for a great job and a fast response!

#52 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 12 March 2021 - 07:41 AM

Just had a wonderful crash, and it wasn't the first one in the past day or so. Any idea or number on how many games are stable / how many are plagued by crashes?

No, I don't know which of the servers I was playing on at the time.

#53 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for a quickfix!

:|-[0]´°°`[7]-|:
__.|_|^|_|.__

Edited by McGosy, 12 March 2021 - 07:34 PM.

#54 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 11:37 PM

US Server 80-140 ping
EU Server 7-10 ping

no, US servers are not fine for EU. >120 is serious lag and breaks fair competition. you will also disconnect more often. played many MMOs on US servers and there were always big issues with my connection. you have many hops in between and chances are high something breaks. the reroute may bring you 300ms for months.

Edited by Quandoo, 13 March 2021 - 11:42 PM.

#55 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:29 AM

when are we gonna get info on the march patch btw?

P.S.: 100 ping on na servers is totally fine, around ca 200+ it becomes noticeably bad...

#56 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:21 PM

View PostQuandoo, on 13 March 2021 - 11:37 PM, said:

US Server 80-140 ping
EU Server 7-10 ping

no, US servers are not fine for EU. >120 is serious lag and breaks fair competition. you will also disconnect more often. played many MMOs on US servers and there were always big issues with my connection. you have many hops in between and chances are high something breaks. the reroute may bring you 300ms for months.

Yeah 120 ping is insane. Most of my games are on euro with 330-350m ping and that is my excuse why I will never get to tier 1. Even NA I get 220-240 and that is absolutely unplayable.

#57 Jonny5ive

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:25 AM

US Server 80-140 ping
EU Server 7-10 ping

somehow my experience is far different than this, I get roughly 100ping in NA and I am in NA, I have been forced to dc by the system maybe all of 4 or 5 times since beta (this is an alt) so perhaps the dc issue is more than just your connection rate

#58 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:39 AM

If what you are saying was true, I wouldn't be able to play at a high level of competition on *drumroll* NA SERVERS!

This just isn't CS:GO, where ping matters a lot as TTK is insanely low. Also PGI's HSR system is quite good imho and up until 250+ ping I've never had issues with it.

P.S.: I really don't like being that guy, but what you are saying sounds a lot like excuses to me Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users