43 replies to this topic

#41 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:22 PM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 25 March 2021 - 07:15 PM, said:

Full damage on lrms at close range? just bring srms. I'd rather trust the comp players to balance weapons than either pgi or somebody who thinks lurms got nerfed, i mean they (lurms) used to go a lot slower, they actually got buffed. Back to the comp players, in reality hardly anyone cares about this game more than they do, i suspect they like this game more than the people that own it.

son, this is mechwarrior online, not cookie cutter online... if I wanted to run srms, I would... different folks have different preferences for the mechs and builds they run, and what works for some won't always work well for others... I lean more into the lore than quite a few others; not saying it HAS to be that way for everyone, but it generally works for me... If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to me that my build sucks/uninstall/use my build or else/get gud/ etc I could buy a rolls royce silver ghost in mint condition... I use what works generally for me, partially based on my health sitrep...

#42 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

So, why was March unique? I saw mere status quo of you guys doing whatever you want in the classic manner of "we know best" and the community being ignorant marks in your view. So really, what was unique about these circumstances? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the roll back and the acknowledgment that the changes were in direct contradiction to your promises of late, but nothing about that is/was unusual in terms of PGI's usual, historically verifiable, approach to listening to the community.

Get Chris on for a "dev vlog", and have him explain how this shi7 is "unique".

Appreciate the comments about the PTS.

Please have Francois on one of these vlogs. You keep mentioning that he is a level designer but no comment about any NEW maps. Please expound, or better yet, have him expound.

Sparky...well suited to the new player? Seriously? Is this some sort of supper buffed Sparky?

Misc. Everything is fluid, etc. got it.

Next booster pack will be clan. Cool. Can you keep Chris from nerfing it (even if only on a temporary basis) so that some folks who might want it will actually spend money on the damn thing? Most of us want you to succeed, it would be great if you stopped letting the "balance guru" get in the way of that.

#43 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

I personally liked the ppc changes. I had only one concern in that the increased pinpoint made sure that playing lights was MUCH harder. ANY hit removes a portion of the mech and I have gotten one shot kills and been one shotted in a fresh mech. Playing lights without ecm is now much more difficult at higher skill levels.

The only change I really want to see is to indirect lrm fire. I see too many matches where a player who is "skilled" at holding his reticule over a box sits at 800m and racks up tons of damage whilst never risking himself or herself. Indirect lrms need to have a severe reduction as whether they hit at all and need to spread the damage evenly over an entire mech and/or be much more vulnerable to ams and other countermeasures. A possible solution is to restrict the ammunition of lrms to more sane levels.

#44 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:47 AM

btw, where was the second Vlog of April and where is the first of May Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users