Mwo March Dev Vlog 01

43 replies to this topic

#21 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:26 AM

Before rolling back the PPC changes, why not create a poll and put it on MWO's in game news feed? You can still run the PTS and change it all later. There may be some salty posts on the forum, but when is there not?

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:30 AM

View PostNightbird, on 25 March 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

Before rolling back the PPC changes, why not create a poll and put it on MWO's in game news feed? You can still run the PTS and change it all later. There may be some salty posts on the forum, but when is there not?

The only changes I consider a net win were the MRMs, and the AC velocities.

We can argue about the new PPC balance philosophy, but balance aside, my opinion is that the longer cooldown isn't as enjoyable to play. Either on the giving end, or the receiving end.

#23 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:34 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 March 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

The only changes I consider a net win were the MRMs, and the AC velocities.

We can argue about the new PPC balance philosophy, but balance aside, my opinion is that the longer cooldown isn't as enjoyable to play. Either on the giving end, or the receiving end.

Which is why a poll on the pulse of the community would be helpful to see whether the changes are welcome or not. If they are welcome, I'm sure the Cauldron can benefit from the intel as well and incorporate the higher damage values and maybe decrease the cool down by 1s. Wouldn't that be the best of both worlds at least for IS PPC which have always been crap.

#24 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the dev log guys, and thanks for doing your best with this situation. I'm looking forward to the new packs/bundles!

#25 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

1. A BIG thanks to both Matt & Daeron for pushing MWO to admit weapons/MASC mistake, and to roll back March patch.
This is the FIRST TIME that MWO has backed off, and a BIG thank you!!

fyi, I actually could not be motivated to log into MWO after the March patch,
despite paid Premium Time ticking, and despite pre-ordered Stryker Booster Pack (!).
That was how serious it was. Thank you for rolling back March patch.

2. Here's to hoping that the Cauldron (aka Gulag) values make it into MWO patch in May!

3. Eagerly looking forward to details for the Booster Pack 2 for Clan in April !!

- - - - <Tangent_Warning> - - - -

4. To MWO: Please bring back *all* Steam Performance Packs I & II for Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault (total of 8 packs)!

I *want* to buy it directly from MWO website when these come back!!

http://mwomercs.com/...-the-gift-store

http://mwomercs.com/...e-through-steam

ie:
Lights
Inner Sphere: Raven RVN-3L(S)
Clan: Arctic Cheetah ACH-PRIME(S)
Inner Sphere: Panther PNT-10K(S)
Clan: Mist Lynx MLX-PRIME(S)

Mediums
Inner Sphere: Hunchback HBK-4P(S)
Clan: Stormcrow SCR-PRIME(S)
Inner Sphere: Crab CRB-27B(S)
Clan: Shadow Cat SHC-PRIME(S)

Heavies
Inner Sphere: ThunderBolt TDR-9SE(S)
Clan: Timber Wolf TBR-C(S)
Inner Sphere: Grasshopper GHR-5H(S)
Clan: Ebon Jaguar EBJ-PRIME(S)

Assaults
Inner Sphere: Zeus ZEU-6T(S)
Clan: Warhawk WHK-C(S)
Inner Sphere: King Crab KGC-000B(S)
Clan: Dire Wolf DWF-W(S)

Edited by w0qj, 25 March 2021 - 11:19 AM.

#26 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:28 AM

Wow. Backing down to the MWO community. That's very big of you. Despite the community backlash, I've been seeing even more PPC and ERPPCs. The longer cooldown wasn't hurting the poptarts and snipers at all. The increased damage and velocity was making them hit even harder. I can't say I fully understand the repercussions of doing it the gulag way, but I'm all for slowing down the fight a bit. They seem to have a bigger picture idea that includes, hopefully, some of the current meta problems. There's always another meta but I don't like playing mech-skinned Counterstrike.

#27 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:57 PM

standing up and accepting responsibility for the mistakes is a good first step in regaining our trust, but there are alot of steps on that road... as for the gulag/caldron/whatever they want to call themselves this week, as I understand it, they are mostly if not all comp players... And I am not willing to allow comp players to decide the fate of the weapons I choose to use. While the missile health increase is a great idea, the slowing down of the missiles isn't... I am not able to show any records for this, but it feels to me that missiles are probably the most nerfed weapon system out there... what I suggest for missile changes are this: give the IS what the clans have currently, and give us Clanners what we should have had from the beginning: full damage at all ranges... Take the stealth system out of the game until it can be balanced to what it was made to be in the lore and in tabletop... a system that gives a mod to target them, not a john cena you can't see me garbage that even tag won't work against...

Another area that got mentioned was that this Fransious ( sp? ) guy was brought in to to help with things like the maps... then lets set this guy onto the most problematic map of them all, oasis... ( I know I would get flack for what I call it in chat/voip if I said that in here ) I have been stuck in that map 19 times so far, ( my mech sank into the terrain 19 times and couldn't move ) I have reported this several times, but so far as I know nothing was done... tourmaline and canyon also both need a bit of work spawn point wise, due to the closeness of spawn points to each other between the two groups on one side of the map... As well, the torso auto overheat garbage needs to go asap; considering how many mechs have weapons in their arms that the arms get blown off too, that heat should no longer count against the total heat generation when it's no longer there to generate said heat, but it feels like it still gets held against the pilot... There are other things I have suggested in other forums, I would consider posting them here, but I don't want to get this post pooched just because of having posts that run along similar lines for someone else to feel they are duplicated...

#28 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:44 PM

I am reporting.
The game is still terrible.
So far, nothing has been done to actually improve the gameplay.

#29 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, just had a 520 ton v 810 ton match, the matchmaker sucks balls and continues to suck balls, i don't care if there is an advantage to dropping groups, its only an advantage if the group is very high skill. All this other **** is ******** until the basics are dealt with, fluff on a **** sandwich

https://imgur.com/a/b4NXIry

And before we talk low population blah blah, no, these teams could have been matched better

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 25 March 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#30 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:15 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 25 March 2021 - 02:57 PM, said:

standing up and accepting responsibility for the mistakes is a good first step in regaining our trust, but there are alot of steps on that road... as for the gulag/caldron/whatever they want to call themselves this week, as I understand it, they are mostly if not all comp players... And I am not willing to allow comp players to decide the fate of the weapons I choose to use. While the missile health increase is a great idea, the slowing down of the missiles isn't... I am not able to show any records for this, but it feels to me that missiles are probably the most nerfed weapon system out there... what I suggest for missile changes are this: give the IS what the clans have currently, and give us Clanners what we should have had from the beginning: full damage at all ranges... Take the stealth system out of the game until it can be balanced to what it was made to be in the lore and in tabletop... a system that gives a mod to target them, not a john cena you can't see me garbage that even tag won't work against...

Another area that got mentioned was that this Fransious ( sp? ) guy was brought in to to help with things like the maps... then lets set this guy onto the most problematic map of them all, oasis... ( I know I would get flack for what I call it in chat/voip if I said that in here ) I have been stuck in that map 19 times so far, ( my mech sank into the terrain 19 times and couldn't move ) I have reported this several times, but so far as I know nothing was done... tourmaline and canyon also both need a bit of work spawn point wise, due to the closeness of spawn points to each other between the two groups on one side of the map... As well, the torso auto overheat garbage needs to go asap; considering how many mechs have weapons in their arms that the arms get blown off too, that heat should no longer count against the total heat generation when it's no longer there to generate said heat, but it feels like it still gets held against the pilot... There are other things I have suggested in other forums, I would consider posting them here, but I don't want to get this post pooched just because of having posts that run along similar lines for someone else to feel they are duplicated...

Full damage on lrms at close range? just bring srms. I'd rather trust the comp players to balance weapons than either pgi or somebody who thinks lurms got nerfed, i mean they (lurms) used to go a lot slower, they actually got buffed. Back to the comp players, in reality hardly anyone cares about this game more than they do, i suspect they like this game more than the people that own it.

#31 RileyRackham

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:46 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 March 2021 - 06:28 PM, said:

idk if the changes were as bad as they were. most of the salt was posted before the patch actually dropped. after the patch it seemed like several people actually liked the new system. i went through the salt -> give it a chance -> play some games -> 'maybe pgi is onto something'. i made a thread about this. everyone in the community has their preferred play style and builds and tend to react harshly at first when the rug is pulled out from under them without bothering to look and see if it was actually time to buy a new rug. stop doing kneejerk reactions to < 0 day comments.

My problem is PGI is making changes for the sake of change instead of fixing real issues with the game. There are too many loading screens and they last too long. Loading to get in the mech lab, click store an another big lag. Clicking from mech lab to the skill tree shouldn't take a loading screen. It took them 9 years to fix the deafening intro sound.

Edit: And there is STILL NO SHUTDOWN OVERRIDE LOCK IN THE GAME OPTIONS MENU. Simple change, would be great to have mechs in override by default. Arm Lock is available, btw.

Edited by RileyRackham, 25 March 2021 - 09:57 PM.

#32 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:13 PM

Please do not remove «Solaris-7 Hero Pack» from the sale, when placing the beginner's pack.

#33 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:28 AM

It's actually not the first time they've caved, but it has definitely been a long time since it happened.

Granted the only one i can remember offhand is the removal of "Dragon Bowling" back in Beta due to the sheer amount of complaints about the dickery done with it.

In any event, we are seeing at least some progress, so being "cautiously optimistic" is probably the proper term here.

Edited by Arkhangel, 27 March 2021 - 08:29 AM.

#34 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:12 PM

View PostRileyRackham, on 25 March 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

My problem is PGI is making changes for the sake of change instead of fixing real issues with the game. There are too many loading screens and they last too long. Loading to get in the mech lab, click store an another big lag. Clicking from mech lab to the skill tree shouldn't take a loading screen. It took them 9 years to fix the deafening intro sound.

Edit: And there is STILL NO SHUTDOWN OVERRIDE LOCK IN THE GAME OPTIONS MENU. Simple change, would be great to have mechs in override by default. Arm Lock is available, btw.

Except they didn't actually fix it - they just removed it.

#35 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:29 PM

I'll leave it here.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

These screenshots were taken during one game evening (about 3 hours of game time).
Those. for every hour of playing time, there are 2.3 cases of skewed tonnage in teams.
In one hour, I manage to go into battle five times.
Thus, PGI, thanks to you, about half of my battles take place in unequal conditions.
Perhaps there were still battles in the same conditions, the end of which I did not wait.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that for some reason I always find myself in a team that is inferior to its rivals in the number of assaults Posted Image Posted Image .
Gg, PGI. And thank you.

#36 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:00 AM

Well, of course it's inferior in skill level.

It had you on it.

You're blaming tonnage when the Matchmaker is likely looking at Pilot Skill. And this isn't MW4 where "bigger tonnage automatically wins."

I know this sounds like "get gud" but making up excuses as to why you lost and blaming the game, rather than trying to coordinate your team and take down the primary threat first is your real problem.

I mean, for God's sake, you literally provided evidence that disproves that weight mattered in your matches! Three guys in one of them where taking out by a frigging URBANMECH, and the vast majority of them in total kicking your arse were Mediums or Lights. Probably because you decided to avoid the assaults because "OMG my paint'll get scratched!" when they should've been the first thing your team dogpiles. And because you split up rather than staying together.

And you were in a Timberwolf in most of those matches. A Clan Heavy that moves like a medium and punches like an assault.

You got your butt kicked because you were outplayed. Not because you were outtonned.

Having that name doesn't make you a god-tier pilot.

Just like it doesn't make the guy who tried to invoke Kai Allard-Liao's a better pilot. I've specifically made sure to kill that guy in Yen-Lo-Wang every chance I've seen him.

As I'm sure many Clan MechWarriors have done to you for invoking Kerensky.

Edited by Arkhangel, 30 March 2021 - 02:14 AM.

#37 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 11:18 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 March 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

It had you on it.

Snide, nasty and indecent comments. Do you shills even listen to yourselves??
Who cares what name he has? Who cares how good you are?
NOBODY.
NOBODY CARES.
He has a great point, while you have defensive hatred. I pity your kind.

#38 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 04:46 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 March 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

It had you on it.

You're blaming tonnage when the Matchmaker is likely looking at Pilot Skill. And this isn't MW4 where "bigger tonnage automatically wins."

I know this sounds like "get gud" but making up excuses as to why you lost and blaming the game, rather than trying to coordinate your team and take down the primary threat first is your real problem.

I mean, for God's sake, you literally provided evidence that disproves that weight mattered in your matches! Three guys in one of them where taking out by a frigging URBANMECH, and the vast majority of them in total kicking your arse were Mediums or Lights. Probably because you decided to avoid the assaults because "OMG my paint'll get scratched!" when they should've been the first thing your team dogpiles. And because you split up rather than staying together.

And you were in a Timberwolf in most of those matches. A Clan Heavy that moves like a medium and punches like an assault.

You got your butt kicked because you were outplayed. Not because you were outtonned.

Having that name doesn't make you a god-tier pilot.

Just like it doesn't make the guy who tried to invoke Kai Allard-Liao's a better pilot. I've specifically made sure to kill that guy in Yen-Lo-Wang every chance I've seen him.

As I'm sure many Clan MechWarriors have done to you for invoking Kerensky.

You know, I will try not to pay attention to the nonsense that concerns my gaming name, I will also try not to react to the emotionality with which you wrote your message.
I just agree with you in the part where you assert that the level of the players on my team was lower. But I will ask a question. Why are the teams selected in such a way that one team has the advantage in the number of Assault Mechs and the players level? Come on, tell me that it's okay, that this is how a matchmaker should work.

#39 Pretty Boy

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:37 PM

I thought the PPC patch was a good direction to take the game. Reinforcing weapon roles is more interesting to me and leads to more diverse gameplay patterns overall. Not everything has to have a high rate of fire / dps if you use it right. There was room to tweak down the road for sure, but I'm sad to see it rolled back so quickly.

I don't know anything about the cauldron or the direction they're pushing the game but I'm leery of competitive players driving game development.

Mostly I'm happy that this game is getting the attention it deserves (and so desperately needs) so I hope it's the right call.

#40 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:59 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 29 March 2021 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'll leave it here.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

These screenshots were taken during one game evening (about 3 hours of game time).
Those. for every hour of playing time, there are 2.3 cases of skewed tonnage in teams.
In one hour, I manage to go into battle five times.
Thus, PGI, thanks to you, about half of my battles take place in unequal conditions.
Perhaps there were still battles in the same conditions, the end of which I did not wait.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that for some reason I always find myself in a team that is inferior to its rivals in the number of assaults Posted Image Posted Image .
Gg, PGI. And thank you.

Next time don't hide the unit tags. Its useful for determining if people are grouped up.
Often, Tonnage imbalances are due to Groups not bringing their full weight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users