#41 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:47 AM

I won a Huntsman. I won a Grasshopper.
If I win this assault-cat... No way, I am not that good!
But will certainly try! Thanks for the event and the possibility to obtain this beast!

#42 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM

View PostEnochsBook, on 10 April 2021 - 05:39 AM, said:

You are free to make whatever suggestion you want, and to ask whatever you want from PGI.
If you're worried you're being left out, you can always join the Cauldron's Discord server and see for yourself.

Or you can do neither and complain on the forums instead.

I know what I am free to do, thank you for the reminder. Now let me remind you, PGI does not listen. I don't know why you assume I never asked for anything to be changed, but you are simply wrong. And I find it amusing that you try to poke at me with the "complain on the forums" bit. Isn't that the supposedly official way of making your oppinion heard in this game?
See, it's not that I or many of the others are silent, is that PGI is deaf. Unless you are the Cauldron.
It's not fear of being left out, is fear of changing one dictator for another. And the new one doesn't even have a right to be there in the first place.

#43 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:10 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM, said:

I know what I am free to do, thank you for the reminder. Now let me remind you, PGI does not listen. I don't know why you assume I never asked for anything to be changed, but you are simply wrong. And I find it amusing that you try to poke at me with the "complain on the forums" bit. Isn't that the supposedly official way of making your oppinion heard in this game?
See, it's not that I or many of the others are silent, is that PGI is deaf. Unless you are the Cauldron.
It's not fear of being left out, is fear of changing one dictator for another. And the new one doesn't even have a right to be there in the first place.

I think the feedback forums would be a better place than a event post.

#44 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostWid1046, on 09 April 2021 - 07:53 PM, said:

I've changed my mind a bit about the event being good; getting kills/KMDDs with those terrible trial mechs is awful. I recommend skipping that part.

The rest of the event is fine though.

It's not as bad as it looks. I'm a Tier 5 player and I finished that challenge in 10 matches.

Edited by Eurystheus, 10 April 2021 - 09:49 AM.

#45 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:13 AM

Already own that fella, but ~half off the purchase of another MC MK II variant plus a free 'Mech bay is pretty sweet. This looks like a good event indeed.

View PostEurystheus, on 10 April 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

It's not as bad as it looks. I'm a Tier 5 player and I finished that challenge in 10 matches.

Yep the trial 'Mechs are good builds, you don't get the skills on them but they're fine nonetheless.

#46 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:34 AM

Did the event but the game never gave me my Mad Cat all I got was the mechbay

#47 Supatim101

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:49 AM

I'm looking forward to getting that madcat. I'm not sure I'll do the camo spec challenge though. The game can be frustrating when you're not used to the handling of a mech or not proficient with the weapon systems. At least as new player. I'd rather play mechs I like and can still feel like I'm contributing. That might be different if you can do it in a group though.

#48 xBASHARx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKharkiv, Ukraine

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:00 AM

Love your events, how you balance the grind to present challenge but not feel that game is my second job. Keep up the good work and thanks for the free stuff.

Edited by xBASHARx, 10 April 2021 - 11:01 AM.

#49 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM, said:

Huh?

View PostxBASHARx, on 10 April 2021 - 11:00 AM, said:

Love your events, how you balance the grind to present challenge but not feel that game is my second job. Keep up the good work and thanks for the free stuff.

So happy you noticed! We actually try very hard to find this balance in these events. We want there to be some level of challenge, but we also want it to be fun and attainable for as many players as possible, including new players and people who can't play every day. Also why we give it about a month. Enjoy!

#50 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:35 AM

Try logging out and signing back into MWO game client, that should work!

(Usually if you wait for 1-2 QP games then the mech would be "Received" when you log back into the MechBay view).
Good luck!

View PostAlstren, on 10 April 2021 - 10:34 AM, said:

Did the event but the game never gave me my Mad Cat all I got was the mechbay

#51 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:18 PM

As a player that is neither new or old, I appreciate the trial mechs challenges.

Some people complain about it, but it is a way for new players to try new mechs, and they might really like one or two of them and decide to buy one and play a new weight class that they had not played before, and also its a way to add variety and a "different thing to do" instead of just skirmish and FP.

Well done!

PS. I remember that Matt mentioned somewhere that accounts a few months old would get the Cadet bonuses retroactively, I dont thing its done yet, but me and a few other players would surely appreciate those couple warhorns!

PS2. One other suggestion of things to put in an event for new or newish players is to include a challenge to do a few of the "explore academy" options, especially the training with the moving mechs is amazing to practice hitting components with PPC´s and SRM´s, and is a pity that since new players only receive incentives/prizes to do the first part of the academy, many of them never tried this very useful tool.

Edited by II Marauder II, 10 April 2021 - 12:31 PM.

#52 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:26 PM

View PostII Marauder II, on 10 April 2021 - 12:18 PM, said:

PS. I remember that Matt mentioned somewhere that accounts a few months old would get the Cadet bonuses retroactively, I dont thing its done yet, but me and a few other players would surely appreciate those couple warhorns!

I will look into that.

#53 xBASHARx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKharkiv, Ukraine

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:37 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 10 April 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

So happy you noticed! We actually try very hard to find this balance in these events. We want there to be some level of challenge, but we also want it to be fun and attainable for as many players as possible, including new players and people who can't play every day. Also why we give it about a month. Enjoy!

When you come from a certain similar game it's very difficult not to notice the difference.

#54 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:39 PM

I said "Push the E line! "

Posted Image

#55 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:46 PM

I must say that I love these events! I have two friends who are rather new to the game yet as well, and they are also enjoying these. Thank you!

Also looking forward to the Stryker set going live in 10 days.

PS. Any word if we are going to have Bundles of Bunnies or other such stuff later this month?

#56 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:07 PM

View PostSupatim101, on 10 April 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to getting that madcat. I'm not sure I'll do the camo spec challenge though. The game can be frustrating when you're not used to the handling of a mech or not proficient with the weapon systems. At least as new player. I'd rather play mechs I like and can still feel like I'm contributing. That might be different if you can do it in a group though.

The trial mech challenge earns you about 200MC, or less than $1, worth of cosmetic stuff.

Even if the reward was absolutely essential to something and not just cosmetics- I would happily pay $1 to not have to play 8-20 matches in unskilled trial mechs.

Edited by crazytimes, 10 April 2021 - 04:07 PM.

#57 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

I noticed that the event says to use an HBR-F and an Orion for the heavies. But the trials are the Onion and a Grasshopper GHR-5H. Or am i seeing things?

Edit: Never mind.......I just didn't look hard enough. Oh well the Grasshopper trial mech worked ok too.

Edited by valt901, 10 April 2021 - 05:09 PM.

#58 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:21 PM

Awesome freebie. Already have the MKII-B with 2xUAC5 2xUAC10 so might make a double AC20 or something in patch preparation for lolz

#59 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

My first thought on seeing this is someone might have decided to make a joke on toxicity in online gaming given the event name.
Well this solves a problem of which Clan Assault chassis to try next.

#60 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

Hmmm nice event. Good mech to choose from. Good for new players......that'll get slaughtered by LRMs XD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users