Group Play?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Bosko

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:07 PM

So... coming back to play with a couple friends after a while being gone and we cannot get into a match for anything. Like in queue for over 15 mins. What gives?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:12 PM

The MM will allow Groups of 4 or 2+3 into one match only.

So if there are a lot of groups running around you need to wait for solo players to fill the gaps. At times this will cause some higher wait times. I would imagine a lot of groups and people playing with friends since the patch.

Alos ensure you have NA and EU ticked (of you are in the Northern Hemisphere) to maximise the spread of the playerbase.

It should not regularly be 15mins every time, a once-off here/there maybe. It is NA peak right now and the population is double what it usually is going off steam charts. So it really should not be taking that long.

#3 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:50 PM

View PostMr Bosko, on 20 April 2021 - 07:07 PM, said:

So... coming back to play with a couple friends after a while being gone and we cannot get into a match for anything. Like in queue for over 15 mins. What gives?

We are also having the same problem. I told Daeron, The Community Manager, and he said they will address it as quickly as possible.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:57 PM

Any insight on what is happening that the wait times are up? Or is it just too many groups (I can hardly beleive it)?

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 20 April 2021 - 11:58 PM.

#5 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:12 AM

Sounds like a good problem!
Hopefully they find a good fix fast, like teaming up groups to a one match, when multiples are in queue..

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:14 AM

Too many groups not enough solos at the high level.

At a deeper one. Now this is just a theory - it appears the MM might be prioritising 4mans over 2/3mans. I watched a few streamers getting insta drops in 4mans yet smaller groups they are getting a lot of spinny wheel comparatively during NA peak.

If the MM didn't care the size or prioritse the 2/3mans would be getting games just as quickly and everyone would be waiting a while. So the population well over doubling today what it was when the SoupQ was implemented seems to have highlighted an issue in it's design.

PGI know there is an issue as Kras said - see what they find really and what can be done. No doubt they will address that one best/when they can. Especially so as this weekend is set to be a bumper one with numbers not seen since 2019.

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:14 AM

View PostKrasnopesky, on 20 April 2021 - 07:50 PM, said:

We are also having the same problem. I told Daeron, The Community Manager, and he said they will address it as quickly as possible.

oh crap..... PGI addresses issues by removing them.....

#8 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:33 AM

LOL would be funny if they had to bring back group queue so groups can get matches in a timely fashion.

How the turntables.

#9 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:29 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 21 April 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

LOL would be funny if they had to bring back group queue so groups can get matches in a timely fashion.

How the turntables.

The end justifies the means, or something like that... ;)

I'll sacrifice some chickens and dance around a fire if that'll get em to split the queues.

#10 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:49 AM

We've been experimenting with the group drop selection for some time and tier composition of the group also seems to play a part in terms of wait times. The other night we found that if we drop as a three with just T1 we had far longer waits than the guys who were also dropping as a three but were T5 and T2. When we mixed then up to have each group include at least one T1 and at least one lower tier player, we had not only quicker drops but we were able to sync together into the same match much more consistently (though almost always on opposing teams which is of course ideal). It's not consistent though, we've certainly had days where a two man of a T5 and T1 can't get a drop within 5 minutes and the three man with only T1 and T2 are getting insta drops. I think a lot of it just comes down to bad timing.

Edited by Bud Crue, 21 April 2021 - 05:50 AM.

#11 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:23 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 21 April 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

How the turntables.

Every queue with groups and large skill gap has died
What makes this queue different.
It's not surprising

#12 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

Every queue with groups and large skill gap has died
What makes this queue different.
It's not surprising

*citation desperately needed*

#13 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

Whats a citation. Are you a teacher? I have been schooled! No officer I iz innocent you cannot give me citation.
/humour font

Did you know their was once a group que
yeah it had a large skillgap due to so and so match making, it no longer exists

Also once upon a time FW was full of hundreds maybe thousands of players
But mega farming corps, farmed and farmed and farmed due to skillgap till all the seals run out of seals

So today their are less than 100 people playing that mode, maybe even as low as 24 but possibly 48 players.

Google it if you don't believe me.

Edit: No weapon balances were able to fix that.

Edited by General Solo, 21 April 2021 - 09:35 AM.

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:00 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 09:33 AM, said:

As one of those who consistently played over the years, I can say that skill gap was never a problem in GQ, and certainly not the demise of GQ. THAT occurred solely as a result of Russ announcing maintenance mode in July 2019, which resulted in the overall population of the entire game plummeting. Even after that it limped along for awhile, but when you can't get a match within 10 minutes people of all skill levels found something else to do. The short lived 8v8 revival was successful while it lasted as well.

#15 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:08 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 09:33 AM, said:

Whats a citation. Are you a teacher? I have been schooled! No officer I iz innocent you cannot give me citation.
/humour font

Also once upon a time FW was full of hundreds maybe thousands of players
But mega farming corps, farmed and farmed and farmed due to skillgap till all the seals run out of seals

So today their are less than 100 people playing that mode, maybe even as low as 24 but possibly 48 players.

Google it if you don't believe me.

Edit: No weapon balances were able to fix that.

We can do this again but i'd really rather not. Nobody cares that you lost to a group once and now you're bitter. There is no vast group conspiracy. There is no promised land of zero stomp solo only queue where every match has perfect 11/12 kill margins and free ponies.

You offer nothing but anecdotes and opinions and dress them as quantitative fact then expect people to take you seriously, and nobody should take you seriously when every post in every thread is some kind of scapegoat about how big bad hard core groups plotted to ruin your game.

#16 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

So group queue died because Russ announced maintaince mode!
I have to say I disagree!
Why didn't Solo que die!

Or soloaris or FW
Opps...nvm they are dead or deadish
Due to skillgap

#17 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:14 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

So group queue died because Russ announced maintaince mode!
I have to say I disagree!
Why didn't Solo que die!

The literal main queue survived because its literally the main queue where the most players play.

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

Or soloaris or FW
Opps...nvm they are dead or deadish
Due to skillgap

skillgap skillgap skillgap

you havent taken the time to define this concept of skillgap, or explain how it killed queues, but if it's what i think it is, you're literally saying the queues died because you got stomped by someone better than you, and because that person was better than you, clearly they must have been in a group and are therefore a worthless griefer.

You're a grown adult, whining because someone's better at clicking heads than you, and now that the game is being supported in such a fashion that people can actually find matches while playing with their friends again, you think the developer is being too partial to the people you've decided to hate.

Just a transparent attempt to blackball people you don't like cause they play the game a way you don't like. Pathetic.

#18 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:31 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 21 April 2021 - 10:08 AM, said:

We can do this again but i'd really rather not. Nobody cares that you lost to a group once and now you're bitter.

Why are you gas lighting me?

I am only angry because solo no longer exists
If I had a solo que, I would not care what groups do, as was the case when solo que was around.

I stop playing group due to skillgap as with my 300 IQ I knew it was bad for the game, and I did not want to contribute to the games/queue demise.

Plus I got sick/disgusted of my team mates saying "Lets go rekt some pugs"
Edit: When they see EMP they cry, lol

So I went solo que exclusive.
And then the groups followed me to solo que and rekt it.

Thats why I'm angry

Next time ask, instead of making crap up.
But I don't think you are really interested and just replied to diss me on behalf of your group buddies.
Organized even on the forums, suppressing pug opinions.

When solo que was around, most group players stayed in groups queues,
as they were afraid to venture into solo que alone, without backup...lol

And when they did they would complain, nascar touched me their coz dumb puggs no do firing line plan Number 420 guid.

I have never been in so much trouble with PGI as I have since the merge queue.
Suspending twice, before merge zip.
That should tell you how passionate I am about the issue.

Even with merge my win rate is positive dispute being targeted by some groups for my views and one week suspension,
and I have a ninja alt thats doing nicely with 2 w/l, for now.

Groups don't worry me
Having the game die is what worries me.

And if you are any indication, having the get guid, gg close crowd in charge of balance worries me.

Edited by General Solo, 21 April 2021 - 10:44 AM.

#19 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:00 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 10:31 AM, said:

Even with merge my win rate is positive dispute being targeted by some groups for my views and one week suspension,
and I have a ninja alt thats doing nicely with 2 w/l, for now.

And if you are any indication, having the get guid, gg close crowd in charge of balance worries me.

so you're admitting your crusade against groups in the queue is entirely because you personally don't like them or how they play, and any other argument you make amounts to nothing more than a post-hoc rationalization.

Noted, we're moving on now.

#20 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:31 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 21 April 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

you havent taken the time to define this concept of skillgap, or explain how it killed queues

I will try to explain

View PostGeneral Solo, on 21 April 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

For people who ask what is skill gap in other posts, when 99% T1 play 30% Jarl List Tier1, that is skillgap, and a big one.

I hope that is now clear.

For further clarifaction when 99% T1 clap 30%T1 game after game, 30% pilot/s complain on forum alot and then PGI nerf weapon, to stop forum posts filling up all their secondary storage.

Its a viscous cycle.

Another example is when T1 player weather group or solo creates an alt account, and starts in T5.
Their is a big difference in skill between the T1 alt and the native T5 players would you not agree.

Yes this is skillgap

I hope you understand now

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users