10 replies to this topic

#1 kapinga

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 49 posts
  • Locationwest coast

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:18 AM

And so it is a mystery to me why in 1945 they had 360 radar, but not in 3050 or what ever fricken year we play in. This is totally rediculous, at one time pgi had actually put a 360 radar on the BAP , during open beta i believe it was, why was it removed? i asked someone at pgi this question and they said there never was 360 on BAP, i called bs on them . i remember it, i had it on my dragon. To only have line of sight or visual radar is in my opinion ********. the only good thing about the radar we use is that others can see what we see, so fricken what! i want to know what is around me, even if its only 90 meters. But of course im sure some rich founder or some one like that threw a fit because they couldnt sneak up on anybody and core them from behind, so it was removed to appease them and screw everybody else. I say bring it back. go ahead try to change my mind!
only a fool would think 360 radar is a bad thing.

Kap

#2 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:24 AM

Just get seismic.

Also haha somebody snuck up on you and you got dunked.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:36 AM

I think you're misremembering something. BAP didn't do anything until after the Raven came out. I think it was non-functional right when the Raven came out actually, for a few weeks. Now if radar was 360 before I got into closed beta, that would have been super early in the game's development, but I don't remember anyone ever saying it ever was and I've been here a while. In fact, there have been several posts just like this one complaining that we don't have 360 radar. Now, we did get Seismic as a module (before the skill tree change) and it was pretty OP at first. I think there was just one level of it and it was 400 m radius, but only worked when you were standing still as it still does today. I'm guessing that is what you remember.

#4 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:42 AM

27 sp into sensor tree is op! Radar decay and target retention is op! Yeah just like torso twisting when you have the torso twist nodes in mobility. If you can use it in the game and chose not to don't blame someone who does.

#5 Livingvicarious

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:30 AM

I like killing assault mechs that take 6 back armor.

#6 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 03:15 PM

View Postkapinga, on 21 April 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

And so it is a mystery to me why in 1945 they had 360 radar, but not in 3050 or what ever fricken year we play in. This is totally rediculous, at one time pgi had actually put a 360 radar on the BAP , during open beta i believe it was, why was it removed? i asked someone at pgi this question and they said there never was 360 on BAP, i called bs on them . i remember it, i had it on my dragon. To only have line of sight or visual radar is in my opinion ********. the only good thing about the radar we use is that others can see what we see, so fricken what! i want to know what is around me, even if its only 90 meters. But of course im sure some rich founder or some one like that threw a fit because they couldnt sneak up on anybody and core them from behind, so it was removed to appease them and screw everybody else. I say bring it back. go ahead try to change my mind!
only a fool would think 360 radar is a bad thing.

Kap

I'd love passive radar so I could just sneak up behind a 360° active radar mech. Course seismic might give me away, like currently but you have to skip into that....

#7 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:18 PM

Was this 360 radar with bap during a pts or a mistake that was hotfixed? I don't recall that being a thing in open beta.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

View Postdario03, on 21 April 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

Was this 360 radar with bap during a pts or a mistake that was hotfixed? I don't recall that being a thing in open beta.

I definitely don't ever remember it either. I think he's talking about TT and/or older MW games.

#9 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

I miss when radar had blue and red Doritos instead of the diamonds we have now...

Dear PGI, please bring back Doritos for our radar

#10 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

Its a very Old Theme

https://mwomercs.com...5204-360-radar/

PGI it not will for here Gameplay and so it not in

#11 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:57 PM

Eh, in real life, fighter aircraft don't have 360 radars, either. It's focused in a cone in front of them, which can swivel up to the gimbal limits, but it's not full 360 coverage.

Just figure that every mech in Battletech has some EW going on (yes, even the ones without ECM equipped), and the sensors on Battlemechs can only reliably sift through it via the more sensitive instruments in the frontal arc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users