Hey Devs & Cauldron, Is Ash Calling The Shots Now?

32 replies to this topic

#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:35 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 28 April 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

I would like more IS people in the Cauldron myself.. I have no idea how many there are in it but it comes off heavily Clan bias.

As I already pointed out IS Weapons overall to many more buffs than Clan.

I asked you in that thread to clarify and you were unable.

Could you please clarify this time what you actually mean? The facts gained from reading the Patch Notes very much contradict you, again.

#22 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:39 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 April 2021 - 01:35 AM, said:

I asked you in that thread to clarify and you were unable.

Could you please clarify this time what you actually mean? The facts gained from reading the Patch Notes very much contradict you, again.

cl4ms op plz nerf

#23 Bennesto

• PipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:47 AM

I can really feel the Clan bias in my AC/20 Snubnose Carriers, 4 LL Laservomit Deleters, Triple RAC/5 Annihilator Sandblasters and LGR ER PPC Zimbabwe Snipers.

#24 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:06 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 April 2021 - 01:35 AM, said:

I can't speak for MechaGnome but I've seen a number of highly charged comments from one Cauldron member in particular about how IS is OP and needs taking down.

It could be they are referring to the upcoming quirk pass which is a welcome change but it does give a feeling of clan bias that coupled with the off-forum discussion leaves me with a small niggle of doubt about the final destination. You on the other hand have been very reassuring and I'm impressed with the way you have extended yourself to 'the community'.

I'm deliberately trying to use reasonable language and no hyperbole, please don't mistake that for a lack of passion on the subject.

Edited by Dogstar, 28 April 2021 - 02:07 AM.

#25 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:28 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 28 April 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

I would like more IS people in the Cauldron myself.. I have no idea how many there are in it but it comes off heavily Clan bias.

I don't understand why in this game people cry clan op even when the game is BLUNT EVIDENT shifted in favor of IS, like right now.
It's at least 60 foi IS and 40 clan side, because we overbuffed some stuff and didn't cut enough quirks.....
.....still....people cry clan OP......i have never seen such trash in any other game

#26 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:39 AM

This thread seems to be directly attacking a single user and therefore suffered a critical misjump.
Posted Image

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:35 AM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 28 April 2021 - 02:39 AM, said:

[mod]This thread seems to be directly attacking a single user and therefore suffered a critical misjump.
[/mod]

While it goes without saying that the original poster has it in for justcallme A S H, I think this kind of moderation is ill advised, as this thread was not only correcting the OP's erroneous views, but potentially also other community members who have been, of late, misconstruing both the Cauldron's efforts as well as PGI's with absurd and conspiratorial misinformation. Hiding the thread in K-town just encourages this sort of misinformation to thrive.

#28 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:56 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 28 April 2021 - 03:35 AM, said:

While it goes without saying that the original poster has it in for justcallme A S H, I think this kind of moderation is ill advised, as this thread was not only correcting the OP's erroneous views, but potentially also other community members who have been, of late, misconstruing both the Cauldron's efforts as well as PGI's with absurd and conspiratorial misinformation. Hiding the thread in K-town just encourages this sort of misinformation to thrive.

Yeah but it was about to turn into a real sh**fest let's face it.

#29 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:09 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 27 April 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

I gotta admit I did just LOL with a customer in earshot. Maybe I'm just the one crazy enough while the others beaver away getting things done.

Although I think it's a little unfair Krasno is getting away with a free-pass to the keeper here. He is replying - he is a Cauldron member - heat up his backside too! Posted Image

Ah, but Kras is mostly replying in the patchnotes thread from what I've seen and most of the whining is coming from people who don't appear to have ever opened it.

#30 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:46 PM

I was wondering where this thread went

#31 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:05 AM

View PostJohnny Slam, on 27 April 2021 - 02:46 PM, said:

[...]but when you skipped the community feedback you announced along with the March patch rollback and instead handed it all over to the Cauldron? Community?

Fixed that for you, Though I'll admit it still makes as much sense as your post did.

#32 The Clappalacian

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:10 AM

Why does the community seem to have such a "kill the messenger" mentality and a lack of willingness to actually look at the information provided?

Not a part of the Cauldron here, not some sweaty teddy comp player (though if so, who cares? They're players too). But I know how to read. And since I've been curious/concerned about the cauldron overhauls, I've been reading the documentation.

It's all pretty clearly laid out. It's clearly stated what changes are proposed, what have been implemented, and to the extent possible, what's coming. The contributors are often referenced, and it's clear its not any one person.

To state otherwise, implicitly or explicitly, is either a character attack for no reason, or an unwillingness to read/comprehend completely public and accessible information

That is all. Carry on.

#33 Jackofallpots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:40 AM

Compies are people too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users