#21 SirEpicPwner

• PipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 60 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

thanks as always for the time people are putting in for these changes. greatly awaiting future patches.

#22 Tomo Sukesada

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:10 AM

I agree, the game feels more fun post-patch based on the variety of builds we can run now. That said, TTK could be lower based on people testing out weapons and running sub-optimal builds.

As for the proposed quirk pass, I have a concern especially with this sale going on. Some mechs have really good quirks and I can see people picking them up due to the quirks. I worry that the impending quirk pass is going to remove them. Can the community get a sneak peak of the quirks being removed (or toned down) so we can make intelligent purchasing decisions?

#23 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

View PostTomo Sukesada, on 28 April 2021 - 07:10 AM, said:

I agree, the game feels more fun post-patch based on the variety of builds we can run now. That said, TTK could be lower based on people testing out weapons and running sub-optimal builds.

As for the proposed quirk pass, I have a concern especially with this sale going on. Some mechs have really good quirks and I can see people picking them up due to the quirks. I worry that the impending quirk pass is going to remove them. Can the community get a sneak peak of the quirks being removed (or toned down) so we can make intelligent purchasing decisions?

Quirks are still around two months away so we can't release anything yet (a lot of it is not finalised and also dependent on how the April and May patches impact balance). I am sure that PGI will offer another comprehensive sale in both May and June, so if you are unsure and do not want to waste your money perhaps you should hold off for now.

Edited by Krasnopesky, 28 April 2021 - 10:22 AM.

#24 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:04 AM

GG WP

#25 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

#26 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

Well done!
Now let's talk about flamers, huh?

#27 Beeper23

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:34 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 28 April 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

July: RE-re-RE-scale.
Yeah. i'm expecting one of two things to happen. 1. Pgi will make up a reason not to. Eg. waiting to eg7 to take over and do it. 2. Pgi screws it up yet again and makes it so bad even the few 20ts are reduced to the ones with only ecm/stealth as viable.

Yeah right now with how things are going the highest chances of pgi screwing this up is to not do anything or half *** it. After this patch my main worry/fear has just been mwo being stuck in no resource hell. Still hopeful tho lol

#28 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:09 AM

View PostKrasnopesky, on 28 April 2021 - 07:30 AM, said:

Quirks are still around two months away so we can't release anything yet (a lot of it is not done and also dependent on how the April and May patches impact balance). I am sure that PGI will offer another comprehensive sale in both May and June, so if you are unsure and do not want to waste your money perhaps you should hold off for now.

OOOOO, hopefully another sale does happen during those patches! its nice to be able to afford things- so we can tinker around and try multiple different builds.

The current sale that has 50% off on most things- even assaults and engines, really helped to get all these crazy builds off the ground!

Experimenting and mechlabing is so fun right now

#29 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:15 AM

The April patch has also had the effect of bring back lots of pilots.

Pilots that are probably starting out again in Tier 5.

The decrease in TTK was expected, but a portion of the 4% decrease in match length is likely impacted by returning players.

#30 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:21 AM

Quirks are still around two months away so we can't release anything yet (a lot of it is not done and also dependent on how the April and May patches impact balance). I am sure that PGI will offer another comprehensive sale in both May and June, so if you are unsure and do not want to waste your money perhaps you should hold off for now.

I'll be especially interested in seeing what you guys come up with for quirks. I'll also probably have C-bills again by then as I've gone flat broke during this sale.

#31 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

Very cool. <5% is too small a drop to blame balance changes sight unseen.

Any way to get time to 8 kills by either side? Just like final scores can be inaccurate without time context, how long a match remains competitive makes a difference. I'd just be curious if "that one guy" in many matches has a normalization effect. Just curious!

#32 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:48 AM

i am very happy to see that your Numbers reflect my expiriences.

I have an blast playing with all the mechs now viable and even bought me 4 sweet Assaults in preperation of the upcomming mobility Patch.

Keep up the Great work.

see my Signature that i have shamless stolen as it perfcet sums up my Thoughts.

#33 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:52 AM

View PostEast Indy, on 28 April 2021 - 09:45 AM, said:

Very cool. <5% is too small a drop to blame balance changes sight unseen.

Any way to get time to 8 kills by either side? Just like final scores can be inaccurate without time context, how long a match remains competitive makes a difference. I'd just be curious if "that one guy" in many matches has a normalization effect. Just curious!

I am sure PGI can get a lot of data from the matches that occur, although I am not privy to any of it (except what I have shown here) nor do I know what the limitations are.

I can however say that the quantity of Quick Play matches in a 3 day period are counted in the hundreds of thousands and that the number of QP matches played since the April patch is the highest it had been in quite a while.

#34 Tomo Sukesada

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

That makes sense. I would hope the focus would be on adding quirks to mechs that are known underperformers and only removing quirks known for being to OP. Is that roughly the strategy?

#35 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

Keep in mind that the decrease in match time is almost certainly a decrease to combat time, which is only a small portion of total match time. The amount of time people spend walking up to the fight likely isn't what has changed. What matters if how much less time the fights are taking, which is certainly much more than the total ~4%. (I'm not saying there is a problem, I think its going great so far!)

Also keep in mind that stats on weapon use also won't reflect the whole picture as many people simply used bad weapons/loadouts before.

#36 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

To note, TTK and player stats will fluctuate probably alot during this time, as a clear meta hasn't surfaced yet, and people are experimenting with wacky builds, some of which get results, and some of which suck, rather than simply running known, reliable older builds, like they've been running.

#37 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

View PostTomo Sukesada, on 28 April 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

That makes sense. I would hope the focus would be on adding quirks to mechs that are known underperformers and only removing quirks known for being to OP. Is that roughly the strategy?

Pretty much. Also adding in some new/old quirks that aren't used anymore that we have discovered we can do with the available system. 'Flavour' quirks so to speak.

Here are two examples that will likely make it in:

CGR-3K: +5% max speed
UrbanMech(s): Ballistic ammo quirks (+10 AC20 shots per tonne of ammo for example)

#38 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:32 AM

View PostKrasnopesky, on 28 April 2021 - 10:27 AM, said:

Pretty much. Also adding in some new/old quirks that aren't used anymore that we have discovered we can do with the available system. 'Flavour' quirks so to speak.

UrbanMech(s): Ballistic ammo quirks (+10 AC20 shots per tonne of ammo for example)

Is there a list of all possible quirks somewhere?
(Note that I'm not asking for a full list of existing mechs' quirks, since I already know that exists and where to find it.)

In particular, what are some currently unused quirks?

Edited by YueFei, 28 April 2021 - 10:33 AM.

#39 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:34 AM

Hell yes! New and exciting quirks will be great. And you even specifically answered a question that I was wondering about before as I was thinking that the Pretty Baby might be made interesting (probably still not good, but fun at least) if it were given a fairly large speed buff and didn't know if that kind of quirk was possible.

#40 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:44 AM

Those both sound great!
Will there be a period for the community to give feedback on the proposed quirks before they're locked in?

I know we've spoken a bit in MWO Comp Discord about the Marauder II. Is there a more permanent place than a discord channel for people to submit ideas/changes/concerns?

It'd also be nice if we knew what guidelines you are all using. For example, up till now, quirks were often very specific to stock loadouts. Is that policy changing? What rules of thumb are you following in balancing quirks? What's an example of a working mech that we're trying to bring weaker mechs up to match?

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users