13 replies to this topic

#1 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:56 AM

Hola everyone, good morning mechwarriors.

I’ve recently returned to the game from a very long absence, several years in fact. When i left the state of the game was very stale. Every one pretty much took the same type of build on every mech every time. Lasers, specifically pulse lasers. It was very bland and this game has gone through that trend over and over again. I’ve been playing mwo off and on since the beta, i saw the ppc/poptart era, the stronk lrms, streak boats, wub wubs, etc.

I played pretty much all weekend and So far I’m glad to see that most all weapon types are being used. Even ppcs are back, which where nerfed into the ground a few years ago. I even have mechs using every type of weapons in the game, i have ppc mechs, auto canon mechs, lasers mechs, and multirole role mechs with ballistic and missiles. Anyway it’s nice to see that’s all. See you in game =)

#2 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:02 AM

gauess is a bit out of favor
the charge is just to much huzzle for the befits.

#3 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:05 AM

Ye. I also returned after 5 yrs back, last month.
Weapons are more balanced, there is a wider variety now. But i discovered there is something new, very unbalanced, specialy in tier 4/5.
Stealth Flea mechs (mostly played from re-rolled accounts).
And its disgusting.

#4 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

View PostAbisha, on 17 May 2021 - 09:02 AM, said:

It’s been that way for a long time, and i agree to an extent. But gauss used to be ridiculously good back in the day when you could snap shoot it. A lot of my mechs used to pack gauss. And to me that’s a problem if everyone is using the same weapon in most of their mechs. It makes the game boring.

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 17 May 2021 - 09:05 AM, said:

Weapons are more balanced, there is a wider variety now. But i discovered there is something new, very unbalanced, specialy in tier 4/5.
And its disgusting.

I’ve played with a few of them. Shoot them like any other mech lol. I use heat to see them a little better. They show up solid black.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

And its disgusting.

Umm, actually, they might not be rerolled accounts. Match maker'll pull from upto two tiers away. And a stealth light'll be running hot, so as not to put as much damage downrange as an unstealthed light. Also PSR cares very much about damage. Then think about how much less damage you get from backstabbing. All told, they could just be mediocre tier 3 pilots who like lights and have noticed they tend to get shot less when running dark.

I have... two mechs with stealth armour outta some ~260. But I am tier three. And they aren't skilled up yet, so I'll take em out once a day for that x2 XP boost.

~Leone.

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:55 AM

And its disgusting.

Stealth fleas and 15 micro-laser piranhas... they're the reason to put Seismic Sensor nodes on everything!

Oh, and welcome back OP and others!

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 May 2021 - 12:21 PM

Gauss took one of the largest buffs.

It's very solid now.

#8 CoffeeKitty

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:16 PM

gauss is not out of favor, gauss is in one of the strongest states in absolute terms that it has been.

Gauss is, however, no longer dominant at *ALL* ranges, and may not be worth running if you're constantly putting yourself at 200m knifefights.

That is not only intended, but better balance overall, gauss is extremely good and i'd even say dominant in this patch for it's range profile. LGR having its HSL changed is fantastic, ERPPCS being as strong as they are pair well, clan gauss no longer get exploded if they're looked at the wrong way, and you have a recipe for extremely powerful builds.

HGR may have taken a small relative reduction in standing with the popularity of snub/ac20 brawling but that does not mean it's not good, it's still very good.

GR in general went from being universally superior in all range categories to being extremely strong where it's meant to, and still viable but not perfect in shorter range profiles. do not conflate that with it being "out of favor". the best players in the game still run gauss, for good reason.

on the topic of stealth mechs/fleas they're strong at lower tier because people will not rely on their eyesight, comm communication or anything of that nature, so they'll just ignore lights in their backline, doesn't happen at higher tiers and running stealth armor on a flea is kind of a death sentence if you ask me

Edited by CoffeeKitty, 17 May 2021 - 01:22 PM.

#9 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,489 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:39 PM

Just had a game where there were THREE (3) stealth flea in a team, T4/T5 game :(

And its disgusting.

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:23 PM

View Postw0qj, on 17 May 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

Just had a game where there were THREE (3) stealth flea in a team, T4/T5 game Posted Image

You liked that game, dont you ? ..........

#11 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:19 PM

Gauss has had a charge up mechanic since like 2013.....the charge has never been the reason for why gauss is strong or not. Right now Gauss is extremely strong, Gauss Vom mechs are amazing again.

Edited by Vxheous, 17 May 2021 - 06:20 PM.

#12 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:07 AM

To be real. Gauss vom feels a bit too strong for my taste since as data says it should be a sniper

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:20 AM

Im still not sure why chargeup exists on gauss though. gauss charge up has always felt like a half-assed game mechanic to me. It adds no real benefit to the game. its just a mechanical impediment to its usage. people who dont mind the chargeup mechanic simply overcome it and people who dont like the chargeup mechanic avoid using gauss altogether.

chargeup would make more sense if gauss had different states of charge depending on how long you charged it up for, kindve like megaman's arm cannon. Say it would do half damage without being charged and full damage when fully charged and a percentage in between depending on the percentage charged.

that would make gauss more tactical as well since you could choose between snapshotting gauss for half damage or charging it up for full damage. thats the proper way to implement a charge up mechanic in a game.

Edited by Khobai, 18 May 2021 - 01:28 AM.

#14 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 May 2021 - 01:29 AM

Gausses are actually okay, if anything good.

The LGR is a lot more useful that it's almost, and/or practically hitscan and typically paired with ERPPCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users