Game Is Unplayable

58 replies to this topic

#41 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:29 AM

MWO may be for guys with more IQ...but that certainly isn't who's actually playing the game.

#42 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:22 AM

View PostGwahlur, on 10 May 2021 - 02:08 AM, said:

Only stomps

You should thank God, PSR can now decrease. At least after many stomps you can drop to Tier 3/4. Back in old times PSR had bias towards increasing, so it couldn't decrease and you got stuck in that stomps forever. I currently balance on edge between Tier 4 and Tier 3. As I understand, dropping to Tier 4 excludes Tier 1 from my matches. And this makes game so much better.

#43 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:57 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 15 May 2021 - 11:22 AM, said:

You should thank God, PSR can now decrease. At least after many stomps you can drop to Tier 3/4. Back in old times PSR had bias towards increasing, so it couldn't decrease and you got stuck in that stomps forever. I currently balance on edge between Tier 4 and Tier 3. As I understand, dropping to Tier 4 excludes Tier 1 from my matches. And this makes game so much better.

Looks like there is huge wall between tier 4 and 3. (btw always was)
Its a wall between fun and not fun games.

#44 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:03 PM

View PostSpeedy Plysitkos, on 15 May 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

Looks like there is huge wall between tier 4 and 3. (btw always was)
Its a wall between fun and not fun games.

Well, sometimes even Tier 1 games offer fun. Posted Image

#45 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:09 PM

View Postmartian, on 15 May 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

Well, sometimes even Tier 1 games offer fun. Posted Image

For skilled tier 1 players ? Definetly. For the common rest 95% of players , not that much.

#46 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,139 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:26 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 10 May 2021 - 04:20 AM, said:

I’ll take a turn at the later: I find mechs with low hard point height and mixed load outs to still be unsatisfying to play. But I’ll go further, the min/max nature of the skill tree exacerbates such mechs failings, and that the only thing that will help such mechs be truly competitive is a return of selectively applied giga quirks and/or provide bonus points that allow such mechs to exceed the 91 point limit of the skill tree. What else ya got?

i can sort of agree with mechs with ultra low hardpoints like ones w were the arms are a knee lvl , hip height can be dealt with alright but some mechs are literally dragging their knuckles.

as for mixed loadout mechs i beg to differ. a mech that has ballistic, missile, and energy all on the same chassis is great or trying out new ideas or weapons combos you haven't tried before. they are good for new players to easily get a feel for what sorts of weapons they like using best. (hell an AC/10 with a large MRM launcher and some energy for backup is fun and effective (since MRM and AC/10 have complementary ranges). i honestly wish more people would use fun builds over meta builds, would make for a much more interesting game overall.

do we need a new quirk pass, of course. are there some truly bad mechs, hell yeah. this doesn't mean you can't still have fun in a bad mech. a true show if skill if you want a epeen measuring contest is to do well in bad mech with less than optimal build, if you clean house with a meta try hard mech/build that doesn't say much.

as to what can be done about the stomp fest that Soup Que is, the only thing i can think would help is to return it to pure solo and reopen the team drop que. mind you this would require a large enough player base to still have decent wait times between matches. also we need to bring in new blood. i think a huge help would be something as simple as doing a bit of advertising and taking some solid looks at the new player experience. MWO has a notoriously harsh learning curve. also maybe a mode more suitable to new players that can gain them a few drop decks (not talking a lot as they use that as way to make money by selling them for real cash but i know in my early days i jumped into Faction Play long before i was ready because i saw that you could earn Mech bays and i needed some but couldn't afford the MC to buy some nor had i earned enough to do so through events.)

as for making money i think putting some of the older Mech packs on sale at a huge discount would go a long way there (say selling them for about the price it would cost to buy the hero and Champion variants plus maybe a couple of bucks for the full pack.) i am rather certain that at their current price those older packs just aren't selling, especially the ones for the less popular/effective mechs. making some money is better than making no money and its not like they are putting in any more work as they are already available. (i have the same issue with full games that have been out for like 10 years but are still full price for the digital version when you can get a physical new for half that or used for even less)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 15 May 2021 - 09:28 PM.

#47 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:53 AM

Numbers of player going up:
https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/stats

PGI can unmerge group players from quick play, and merge them with faction play.

#48 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:52 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 15 May 2021 - 09:26 PM, said:

do we need a new quirk pass, of course.

I believe that there will be a quirk adjustment in a month or two.

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 15 May 2021 - 09:26 PM, said:

as for making money i think putting some of the older Mech packs on sale at a huge discount would go a long way there (say selling them for about the price it would cost to buy the hero and Champion variants plus maybe a couple of bucks for the full pack.)

Good idea. Especially if some of those packs are very expensive, while containing years-old mediocre 'Mechs.

#49 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

View PostVercors, on 16 May 2021 - 12:53 AM, said:

PGI can unmerge group players from quick play, and merge them with faction play.

and the 3 News thats will play a little Team and than comes in faction Play only against Veterans Groups like the RJF while unfunny ?Over the years, all the old hands have played with and against each other, the baruche do not have a group if they happen to find themselves in the same team to know the ground with newbies who just manage to run straight, but to align Your weapons have to stop and go to 300m in the maximum zoom ud n with the simultaneous observation of the sky (UAVs) frontline, more than one target, weapon range and minimap are already completely overwhelmed

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 18 May 2021 - 01:58 AM.

#50 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:53 AM

View Postmartian, on 16 May 2021 - 01:52 AM, said:

Good idea. Especially if some of those packs are very expensive, while containing years-old mediocre 'Mechs.

Ooo. Burn. Posted Image

#51 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

View PostVercors, on 16 May 2021 - 12:53 AM, said:

But Groups've always been able to drop in Faction.

~Leone.

#52 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:11 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 17 May 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

and the 3 News thats willpaklya Team and paly with Veterans Groups like the RJF while unfunny ?Over the years, all the old hands have played with and against each other, the baruche do not have a group if they happen to find themselves in the same team to know the ground with newbies who just manage to run straight, but to align Your weapons have to stop and go to 300m in the maximum zoom ud n with the simultaneous observation of the sky (UAVs) frontline, more than one target, weapon range and minimap are already completely overwhelmed

I'm not a native english, what you write is unreadeable for me. Seem you alway complain about news players? then stop play mutiplayers games !

View PostLeone, on 17 May 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

But Groups've always been able to drop in Faction.

~Leone.

Then limit them to this and no more in quick play.

#53 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:20 PM

View PostVercors, on 17 May 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

Then limit them to this and no more in quick play.

Why? That makes no sense. That'd be like blocking solo's from dropping in Faction warfare. Arbitrary decision for no gain.

~Leone.

#54 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:30 PM

Get stomp in quick play because of 1 tiers group in the opposite team is really unfunny for me and it seem to be the same for some others players. By the way, merge groups in quick play was arbitrary decision too.

#55 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:10 PM

Actually it was a considered decision based on wait times and population. The only advantage a small group of two to four has over anyone else is the ability to drop with complimentary mech designs.

That's it.

There's the big bad problem with groups in quickplay is they can take mechs that work well together. Something that happens more often 'n not with the random pugs you drop in with anyways. There's no secret push to talk button teams get that you don't. (It's capslock, by default.) You drop in with eleven other folk on your team, whether there's a group on your side or not.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 17 May 2021 - 10:10 PM.

#56 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:33 PM

View PostLeone, on 17 May 2021 - 10:10 PM, said:

Actually it was a considered decision based on wait times and population.

I don't say PGI don't have a reason to do that, but now the population is going up.

For the rest, there is multiple reasons why peoples don't coordinate well in quick play (language barrier for example), playing in group will remove most of them. You can indicate tips to help players play in a best way, but you can't know if this will have a real effect. Because I assume I can't change the mind of the players, I prefer to ask to have the most neutral playing conditions possible.

#57 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:01 AM

View PostLeone, on 17 May 2021 - 10:10 PM, said:

Actually it was a considered decision based on wait times and population. The only advantage a small group of two to four has over anyone else is the ability to drop with complimentary mech designs.

That's it.

There's the big bad problem with groups in quickplay is they can take mechs that work well together. Something that happens more often 'n not with the random pugs you drop in with anyways. There's no secret push to talk button teams get that you don't. (It's capslock, by default.) You drop in with eleven other folk on your team, whether there's a group on your side or not.

~Leone.

I also suppose that one big advantage is that they communicate with each other, even if I rarely see them talking to others in the team. In most cases they basically go and play what they want. Thank god that most group people are not better then normal ones. The issue is when one of the teams has well organised group of people who know how to play.

If I see group that stands aside and waits for the rest of us to wear down the enemies so they can swoop in and take kills, as I saw many of them do in early days of this system, I take point to put myself behind them.

But seriously, group people should be separated from us.

#58 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:00 AM

View PostVercors, on 17 May 2021 - 09:30 PM, said:

Get stomp in quick play because of 1 tiers group in the opposite team is really unfunny for me and it seem to be the same for some others players. By the way, merge groups in quick play was arbitrary decision too.

than you and your Teams plays bad its the easy Reality ,the Mechanics from other Shooters here not brings Fun...Play as Solo without Teamplay in MWO Solo its a fast Dead..its not Battle Royale here.

Its the Only Problem, thats a Guy alone here can not win, no One Hit Kills ,no Cod Run-Action-Kill ...without tactical Awarness, good Positioning ,Teamplay and experience with mech and Tactical fights and Moving you lost ,its the simple True .Its not the language Barrier, drop 5 Veterans from 5 as Solo in a Team , and let each speak a Other Language ...each from the Guy find fast the Way to work of a Part of the Team, he has the Experience to do the right Action to the Right Place in the Right Moment side by side with Other Players , thats the Big difference against players thats only doing here own Thing and not work ,thinking and Fight as Team.When 4 Veterans seeing a Enemy in range , all firing like one guy on it without each Communication ,all watch for Enemys thats dangerous for the Team not only for a fast Kill or her own KD

Alone a Mech is only Scrub ,only as Team here can bring his Power in the Game, without Understanding the Basics of Teamnplay ...no Chance ...thats the Little actions like Marking targets, search for UAVs, flanking Mechs,thats attacks Mates ,not run over Ridges or fight alone against Enemys, firing as Group to a Target and not each search his own Kill ,not drive you own Special mech , drive the Mech,thats brings the most for the Team ,and thats not the White Unicorn a 90t Assault with LRMs Only or a Single UAC2 and 40t Ammo.

When you not will ,learn and fight WITH others as a Team ,play better Battle Royale Shooters or fast Action in CoD Coop or as Sniper as Camper or Fast Run Brawler in the Fast actions Places in CoD Plunder

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 18 May 2021 - 02:26 AM.

#59 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:14 AM

View PostBrom96, on 18 May 2021 - 12:01 AM, said:

But seriously, group people should be separated from us.

But everyone can work together with their team and use comms. Communication is not gated behind joining a unit. Seriously, keeping groups outta quickplay wont stop folk from working together.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 18 May 2021 - 02:15 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users