#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:13 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 May 2021 - 09:24 AM, said:

You can say Cauldron this or Cauldron that, but the people that care about XML changes is measured in the hundreds, and the ones that care about the MM is measured in the thousands.

That would take programmers and money to pay them. So that's not going to happen. How many of you remember CW and that way it was released?Remember how they lied about it over and over? They're doing their old tricks again. Nothing is going to happen with this game.

#22 TheLazyLinx

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:23 PM

Spoiler

Need I say more
FYI it was 12-5

Edited by TheLazyLinx, 10 May 2021 - 02:34 PM.

#23 Doctor Fission

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:27 PM

I've played 583 games in the last 10 days. Maybe 20% stomps (12-4 or worse).

Most games are perfectly fine, with a few (5%) being truly exceptional 12-11 matches that were quite memorable.

You're exaggerating your complaint.

#24 Homer The Thief

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:00 PM

View PostDoctor Fission, on 10 May 2021 - 02:27 PM, said:

I've played 583 games in the last 10 days. Maybe 20% stomps (12-4 or worse).

Most games are perfectly fine, with a few (5%) being truly exceptional 12-11 matches that were quite memorable.

You're exaggerating your complaint.

So 1 in 5 games are stomps
And 1 in 20 games exceptional
Sounds backwards, but playable

#25 Doctor Fission

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:55 PM

It's playable. And those 20% stomps are due to two factors:

1) New event drawing in out-of-practice players.
2) Weekend just ended, and weekends draw more out-of-practice players.

This weekend was an absolute nightmare. But even then, I'd say the stomp ratio didn't exceed 20%. Now that it's the weekday, it'll get better.

#26 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:03 PM

Too many groups in my Soup.

#27 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:54 PM

Hmm, I understand the sentiment. It's pointless to play if you aren't having fun because of stomps. I don't like it either, it's a legit way to ruin your day with a streak of loses that you feel helpless. I think it's the issue of the soup-queue when they forced groups and solo together, instead of just solo opt-in on the group queue, but understandably it's something they can do to have more matches because of dwindling playerbase.

There's no shame in withdrawing from a game that you don't find fun. But I disagree that it's unplayable, there is still some agency even with loses -- you could try and get better scores next time. Or you could try to rally your team.

Humble-Bragging incoming, I'm not shaming.

I am inferior to the streamers in terms of skill, with these statistically better players than me upon an enemy team, I am quite sure I will lose like 99% of the time, I try my best, but yeah I know that it's pretty much a loss the moment these guys names popped up in the enemy roster. They know who they are, I won't say their names because that's probably against TOS, even though I'm just using them as examples but not outright shaming them.

There was these match with these guys in Alpine Peaks, to which I rallied my team into a firing line ( not sure if they really followed my direction ) atop the mountain at skirmish, to which we fought the enemy team ( with said top-tier streamers ) at the bottom of the slope -- I was in a Gauss-Vomit Dire-Wolf with a lot of my lasers at my hands for better tracking and I could shoot for far lower.

And you know what, we won -- we ******* won. The thing is that your team is a big part of whether you win or lose, and so getting them into a firing line is a serious advantage. Try communicating with your team, get them into a firing line just to stop the nascar, just take company command and point them to the good parts of the map, ask them nicely -- and who knows, they might actually do it, and would lead you to a win.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 11 May 2021 - 12:24 AM.

#28 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:53 PM

View PostHomer The Thief, on 10 May 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

Well you are T1 player, with good stats, W/L1.72 KDR

Rather special and far from average.

I wonder what mere mortals think?
I agreed with MechB Kotare and personally think allowing 4 mans into solo queue is grossly unfair.

Though in T5 you are kinda of right, but less stomps.

Its not Cod who each Soloplayer can make his kills and ignored all around it and teamplay ...play with the Team or lost with it ,when 7 Guys doing her own Thing the Team lost ,with 4 Premades in it or not .ITS A TEAMGAME and stronger and harsher as other FPS while you her enot have the lucky One Shot Headshot kill,here more tactical and strategical Awarness for a win ,as run araund fast and make one shot kills and Respawn.In other FPS you mates make her own Thing or disconnet ,no problem ,you can make alone you kills ,here no chance

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 10 May 2021 - 10:55 PM.

#29 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:23 PM

The truth is, people in T1-T2 care about their KDR and other stats more then in T4 and that fact ruins a lot of games in T1/2.
I started last month from Tier 5 again (returned player), and its quite relaxing now in T4. From times to times, I found 3-4 player group, then what. Full auto on first mech, NEXT.
Easy.

I personaly think, this game isnt stats important like maybe WoT. Its a fun game.

#30 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:48 PM

Only stomps? Maybe stop playing at the dark hours ?

I'm having a pretty good time every now and then. And I am sure is always perfect for others.

The secret is knowing when to play and when not to play.

We already know the MM needs more tweaking for true balance to be reached.

#31 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:03 AM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 10 May 2021 - 11:48 PM, said:

Only stomps? Maybe stop playing at the dark hours ?

I'm having a pretty good time every now and then. And I am sure is always perfect for others.

The secret is knowing when to play and when not to play.

We already know the MM needs more tweaking for true balance to be reached.

What you said about "the dark hours" has some merrit.
You can observe how the gameplay changes around 1600 to 1730h UTC!
prior to that between 1200 to 1600h UTC you can get pretty diverse, relaxed and cool games but advancing to 2200h it gets worse and worse. After midnight UTC it gets significantly better again.

#32 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:36 AM

And to the point.
On EU the most stomps are 17-19 CET. probably oldmens from work.
Then its fine for the rest of the day.

#33 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 10 May 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

Match maker has its gaping flaws, but I find most stomps are your own unwillingness to do something differently. Even when the match is stacked against you, you lose because the better players already know what you're going to do and position themselves to counter you. You see them on the other side, you see them coming, you know they're going to try to counter your idiocy, yet you do it anyways. Why? If you see enemy snipers set up on the ridge waiting for your nascar lameness to try to rotate around the big rock, why do you insist on doing that very thing? Have you considered going left? Have you considered trying to surprise them from the low ground? I know most of you nascar-tards fit JJs. Have you considered playing long range yourself? Or at least mid range? Have you considered setting up your own anti-nascar trap, since you know the other 8 players on that team will probably behave in an equally as predictable manner as yourself? You can probably avoid that comp player 4 man entirely for at least 3-4 minutes of the match, allowing you to mop up their pugs and then overwhelm them. There are always options, and most players in this game don't even utilize, let alone are familiar with, 60% of the map. They just know the center area and the best way to circle around it like a toilet flush. Don't be most players.

Savage

#34 Homer The Thief

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 10 May 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

Its not Cod who each Soloplayer can make his kills and ignored all around it and teamplay ...play with the Team or lost with it ,when 7 Guys doing her own Thing the Team lost ,with 4 Premades in it or not .ITS A TEAMGAME and stronger and harsher as other FPS while you her enot have the lucky One Shot Headshot kill,here more tactical and strategical Awarness for a win ,as run araund fast and make one shot kills and Respawn.In other FPS you mates make her own Thing or disconnet ,no problem ,you can make alone you kills ,here no chance

Well previously the people who as you say ignored the team played in solo queue
The team players played in group queue
One queue died

It wasn't solo queue that died it was group queue.
Now we play what the dead queue players want without a choice and be food for team players. That sux

Edited by Homer The Thief, 11 May 2021 - 12:35 PM.

#35 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:32 AM

View PostHomer The Thief, on 11 May 2021 - 12:34 PM, said:

Well previously the people who as you say ignored the team played in solo queue
The team players played in group queue
One queue died

It wasn't solo queue that died it was group queue.
Now we play what the dead queue players want without a choice and be food for team players. That sux

no , Many new Players now from the Easy Win Aimbot Fraction ...sadly for this fast win Fraction without learning and tactical awarness ,playing Special Builds as Brawl or Sniper only and hopes here like CoD for lucky Solo kill...thats here not ...no aimbot ,no cheats, no solo win and kills ,all thats Guys thats wines and crys  ...Polar ist bad, LRMs bad, Teamplay and Groups bad ...the most players here veterans and not play more in Teams or groups ...2 Veterans wish the Ground with all thats new Guys thats to stupid for tactical awarness, tahst not undestand Positioning, helping teammate and what the goal of teh Battle is  . thats not can build Fireline,thats not seeing what is in teh Corner of my HUD ,ignored UAVs,Spotter, Teammates and Minimap ...KD Junkies thats only can run fast around in Nascar and hopes for easy Targets or take a assault and thinking is the King of the Field

1Peek a Bo again and again from same place=stupid
2Hopes tahts the map come for my Special Build =stupid
3.Run alone in tunnel or over teh Ridge=Stupid
4.LRM Boats here -give me Targets=Stupid
5.my Shadowcat Sniper with a Single PPC brings the Win for my Team =stupid
6.Drive a assault without experience=stupid
7.Closefight in Max Zoom=stupid

thats only a Handfull of fails thats we can seeing ever ,and ever,and ever by each match

Not "Groupplayers" make the Game unplayable ,its the Horde of Morons tahts better go back to other FPS Shooters and use Cheats and Aimbots aganist all the Unfair Grouplayers and Cheaters like himself in this FPS games like CoD warzone

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 13 May 2021 - 12:07 AM.

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:49 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 12 May 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

1Peek a Bo again and again from same place=stupid
2Hopes tahts the map come for my Special Build =stupid
3.Run alone in tunnel or over teh Ridge=Stupid
4.LRM Boats here -give me Targets=Stupid
5.my Shadowcat Sniper with a Single PPC brings the Win for my Team =stupid
6.Drive a assault without experience=stupid
7.Closefight in Max Zoom=stupid

thats only a Handfull of fails thats we can seeing ever ,and ever,and ever by each match

I do not mind when they make some poor decison - it happens to everybody sometimes.

But the worse thing is that are unwilling to learn from their mistakes and they keep repeating them game after game, even though it gets them killed quickly almost every time.

#37 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 May 2021 - 11:21 AM

View Postmartian, on 14 May 2021 - 07:49 AM, said:

I do not mind when they make some poor decison - it happens to everybody sometimes.

But the worse thing is that are unwilling to learn from their mistakes and they keep repeating them game after game, even though it gets them killed quickly almost every time.

Well said.

#38 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:31 PM

View PostHomer The Thief, on 10 May 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

Its hard to tell Trolls anything, except when one kicks their back side, they understand that.

Sometimes they do not understand that either, I gave up trying a few years ago especially after Spring 2018.

#39 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:14 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 10 May 2021 - 04:20 AM, said:

Apropos of nothing, is the whine of the day thread still active?

<snip>

https://mwomercs.com...he-daily-whine/

https://mwomercs.com.../page__st__4480

Edited by Bulletsponge0, 14 May 2021 - 05:16 PM.

#40 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:09 AM

let it say simple ...teh Mechanics from MWO its more for a Guys with a IQ thats can more as writing a 4 Letter Message by Social media and to understand CoD YT Vids whats the best Shotgun is for fast brwal Matches

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users