#4481 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 03 May 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

I've suddenly realized something after playing a better developed game for a while. I wonder if MWO is set to do 'stat clamping', artificially lowering the hit reg and functionality of one team over another if it feels that there is too great an imbalance.

It would explain a lot of stomps I've seen where one team suddenly has the magic touch and the other just sucks like a singularity. Team "normalizing" I wonder if that's a thing since I've now experienced it in another game.

dont think so that this is happening. evreytime i get a stomp its just that my team played so bad. remember, we dont have a RNG here. most lights are still protected by a lagshield and the ping.... i cant play very well against americans because the ping difference does so much of a difference in hitreg. thats a big problem to me.

#4482 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

That ping difference with light, especially when a huggin starts circle fighting you, I can never get shots to register on them. I even get damage glow from lasers and animation effects from AC's hitting them, but they take no damage. I'm pretty sure the lag aim point is somewhere off the edge of the screen. And on occasion where they are a little bit further out and you do get a hit on them, on your screen it often shows a miss.

I hit a locust a couple of nights ago, the ac20 clearly missed, there was a water splash and everything a few feet in front of him, but he blew up anyway

Edited by FatYak, 03 May 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#4483 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostAlienized, on 03 May 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

dont think so that this is happening. evreytime i get a stomp its just that my team played so bad. remember, we dont have a RNG here. most lights are still protected by a lagshield and the ping.... i cant play very well against americans because the ping difference does so much of a difference in hitreg. thats a big problem to me.

:::shrug::: I dunno. Just seems... odd.

#4484 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:29 AM

Played a strange match at canyon last night. The entire team were at the long bank. Then I peek around the corner and lo, half the enemy team is coming. I back up and shoot wildly while twisting. They pound me and I am waiting for some beams/missiles/grenades flying over my head indicating that backup has arrived. Nothing. I don't know how I survived, maybe the server was with me because I drop down the canyon on the other side while now consisting of a CT with legs.

When I look at the map I see my entire team waddling away at the other side of the map. To where and why? It was skirmish.

#4485 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 03 May 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

Played a strange match at canyon last night. The entire team were at the long bank. Then I peek around the corner and lo, half the enemy team is coming. I back up and shoot wildly while twisting. They pound me and I am waiting for some beams/missiles/grenades flying over my head indicating that backup has arrived. Nothing. I don't know how I survived, maybe the server was with me because I drop down the canyon on the other side while now consisting of a CT with legs.

When I look at the map I see my entire team waddling away at the other side of the map. To where and why? It was skirmish.

ah yes... the "Run away!! the enemy is coming!!" Syndrome... saw it many many many times last night....

#4486 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 03 May 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

ah yes... the "Run away!! the enemy is coming!!" Syndrome... saw it many many many times last night....

#4487 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostAlienized, on 03 May 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

ping is not an issue,packet loss is

anyway the hitreg is really random,sometimes excellent,sometimes it just points at you and laughs,seems to be an server stress issue,since in CW the hitreg is usually almost flawless.

#4488 Karen Supreme

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

Yestarday I saw a Yen lo Wang with an AC10.

I whine because I'm still sad.

#4489 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 03 May 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

anyway the hitreg is really random,sometimes excellent,sometimes it just points at you and laughs,seems to be an server stress issue,since in CW the hitreg is usually almost flawless.

its almost flawless if i play against people at my own ping. so at 100-140ms (usually its around 115)
the later it gets (into american primetime vs lowpingers) the worse the hitreg gets. thats undeniable. also teams get much worse and more stomps happen.

thats what i experience literally each time.

#4490 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

I get that CW is suppose to be hard mode...

but..

it seems like some of the bigger merc units take advantage of that and will drop 12 man groups at all times of the day and night, causing a call to arms that gets filled by pugs because no other 12 man groups are available...then they stomp the pugs or get a ghost drop win...

its gaming the system and is a big reason why CW has turned off a lot of players

#4491 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 03 May 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

but..

it seems like some of the bigger merc units take advantage of that and will drop 12 man groups at all times of the day and night, causing a call to arms that gets filled by pugs because no other 12 man groups are available...then they stomp the pugs or get a ghost drop win...

its gaming the system and is a big reason why CW has turned off a lot of players

i would say its the only reason to have fun anymore in this game because seriously: too many pugs play so bad that you lose all the fun.

thats how some people feel in the unit i am in and i totally feel the same.
yes the game could be better but the players should be alot more better than they currently are. VOIP helped nothing because (almost) no one is listening.

#4492 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

What I don't understand is:

People say that there are very few newer players coming in. That would mean that most of the playerbase at any given time has at least 25+ games under their belt, probably a lot more.

Then why are they so incredibly mindnumbingly bad?

I completely understand that a new guy who drops for the first few times in a trial isn't going to contribute and I don't hold it against him but the others...

I've lost 10 matches now. Last time 3 people chased a Mist Lynx in their lights for over half the match and couldn't put him down so they could get back and help out.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 03 May 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#4493 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 03 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

What I don't understand is:

People say that there are very few newer players coming in. That would mean that most of the playerbase at any given time has at least 25+ games under their belt, probably a lot more.

Then why are they so incredibly mindnumbingly bad?

I completely understand that a new guy who drops for the first few times in a trial isn't going to contribute and I don't hold it against him but the others...

I've lost 10 matches now. Last time 3 people chased a Mist Lynx in their lights for over half the match and couldn't put him down so they could get back and help out.

its pretty simple: its all PGI's fault, bad map desing, terrible balance, andlotsofotherstupidthings.
at least thats what they think.

fact is: its them and nothing else. not try to tell them that ..... you get a ****storm back. no one has the mindset anymore to say "ok, i am bad i need to improve". modern society. all spoiled and lacking the reality.

#4494 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

My whine is that, I had to miss so much of the Tukayyid event.

I got 7 drops in, total over the entire thing, and you know what...

I had a hell of a good time. 5 of them I did LFG and found some Davion groups. 2 of them I went just solo PuG and got totally random PuG groups. Only 2 of them were against Pre-mades (though one of them was an [-MS-] group, and we were annihilated in the most extreme fashion :P ), and the rest were against random PuGs.

I imagine it was a different animal with the artificially inflated CW populations for the event, but still, I had a lot more fun than I anticipated.

It certainly wasn't without its flaws, that event, but overall, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing some coordinated Davion drops now, and before this event that wasn't anything I had considered as being fun.

Now to find some time for said coordinated drops...

#4495 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

and today is more of "I must run to this predetermined spot before I'll consider fighting" and "I'm at the predetermined spot, I won't leave it to fight or help a teammate" playstyle...

#4496 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 03 May 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Packet loss would explain one incredible amount of garbage I get in this game.

#4497 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 03 May 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Packet loss would explain one incredible amount of garbage I get in this game.

and how to fix packet loss?...
another impressive example on why this game gets completely borked:

canyon network assault: upper team camps around the base..... normally i would have said *dont engage, let them leave their rathole* but i wanted to test my new highlander loadout....
so the hoverlander did 2 ac20 kills while laying surpressive LRM fire to mechs behind.
i love that loadout already lol. we won as well because.... static camping. im not sure how people can have fun camping the base like that.

its not fun for anyone and not how this game should be played. (excluding CW)
yet the community always does what it wants making it more terrible than it has to be.

#4498 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 03 May 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

but..

But Bullet, it isn't gaming the system. they are merely playing CW. If pugs answer the call to arms and get stomped because of p** poor coordination and lack of teamplay, there is only one thing to blame-the players themselves. The pug drops I was in on my clan alter ego over this past week nearly made me want o weep. So much whinging and crying about "premades" yet so little willingness to do anything about it.
They would rather spend their time crying to PGI instead of getting in a unit or forming a group and talking to other people...
ONE of those options is a good use of time...the other is...pathetic?

View PostAlienized, on 03 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

its pretty simple: its all PGI's fault, bad map desing, terrible balance, andlotsofotherstupidthings.
at least thats what they think.

fact is: its them and nothing else. not try to tell them that ..... you get a ****storm back. no one has the mindset anymore to say "ok, i am bad i need to improve". modern society. all spoiled and lacking the reality.

Underlined the above as it is so very true and poignant. Shame so many (read: vast majority) of the anti group whiners won't admit this.

Edited by kamiko kross, 03 May 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#4499 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 03 May 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

But Bullet, it isn't gaming the system. they are merely playing CW. If pugs answer the call to arms and get stomped because of p** poor coordination and lack of teamplay, there is only one thing to blame-the players themselves. The pug drops I was in on my clan alter ego over this past week nearly made me want o weep. So much whinging and crying about "premades" yet so little willingness to do anything about it.
They would rather spend their time crying to PGI instead of getting in a unit or forming a group and talking to other people...
ONE of those options is a good use of time...the other is...pathetic?

Underlined the above as it is so very true and poignant. Shame so many (read: vast majority) of the anti group whiners won't admit this.

yeah...I get that..when I made that post I was frustrated at the team refusing to fight and instead just trying to hide.
but there is an element of gaming the system when huge merc groups will send out 12 mans at odd times, almost guaranteeing that they won't have to face another 12 man...

but I'll still pug in CW cause I have fun doing it...just have to hope one time I get a team that will listen and show at least a little aggression

#4500 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 03 May 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

But the opposing view ... if the entire team was on the other side of the Map, why were YOU out ALONE :P They were probably saying "Look at that dude trying to Rambo things instead of working with the team". ;) Just saying... ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users