#4521 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

You'd have to drop the tdk and move up to your KTO-18 to do that though.

The KTO might even net me 1.75 x !!!

#4522 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

That's it. I've had it.

I'm officially going on hiatus from this game till such time as PGI changes design directiion to strategic simulator instead of FPS Arena or goes all in for PvE.

I just can't stand the lack of vision by PGI in this game anymore.

#4523 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 07 May 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

That's it. I've had it.

I'm officially going on hiatus from this game till such time as PGI changes design directiion to strategic simulator instead of FPS Arena or goes all in for PvE.

What happened?

#4524 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 07 May 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

That's it. I've had it.

NOOOO!

Don't leave us NOW!

Not when you're FINALLY flying the proper faction banner!!! :P

But also, seriously, sorry to hear of your current frustration levels. :(

#4525 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 06 May 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

The KTO might even net me 1.75 x !!!

Rip, I will never pick on you again. Karma has come back to bite me. I just finished a round in my shadowhawk 2k with 80 damage. Followed that up with a whopping 66 in my CN9-D. . . You can pull all of the pins out of that voodoo doll you made of me now.

#4526 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

My whine ...

Challenges that are dependent on the drop queue chosen. With the exception of CW Challenges, I fail to understand the logic behind forcing me to drop in the Solo Queue to participate in a challenge. I play MWO with my friends and my Unit. If none are online, I go play something else. I would love to dust off my Founder's Atlas or Catapult to participate in the portion of the challenge, but alas, not going to do so in the solo queue when I could be dropping with friends/Unit in the group queue. This challenge should be Solo or Group!

#4527 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 May 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

In which universe does it make sense that someone would call out on comms: "Their assaults are pushing through XYZ" and our assaults and a heavy or two would go that direction. But not to engage just to look at them and then turn around and go the OTHER way. Like we can't see them any more they aren't there now.

My other whine is: Being the idiot to stays to engage the enemies assault lance when our team runs the other direction. Pug rule 1 do what the pugs do.

Well unless you're in a dire then you're ******.

#4528 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 08 May 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Rip, I will never pick on you again. Karma has come back to bite me. I just finished a round in my shadowhawk 2k with 80 damage. Followed that up with a whopping 66 in my CN9-D. . . You can pull all of the pins out of that voodoo doll you made of me now.

Bahaha!

Well, at least I'm not alone on "Less Than 100 Island". ;)

Wait...who told you I play with dolls?!!

#4529 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 08 May 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Bahaha!

Well, at least I'm not alone on "Less Than 100 Island". ;)

Wait...who told you I play with dolls?!!

I'll never tell.

#4530 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

oh there are more of us on the "less then 100 island" then most will admit to.

i have a duel guass crab build that looks great on paper but is all most more roll of the dice then any of my LCTs. it can put up 50ish matches quite often but when it gets in the groove it can put up 500 plus. guess which is more likely to happen?

Edited by loopala, 08 May 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#4531 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

tested streakfox and caught a lose streak (no, not only due to me)
on top of that i team killed 2 people and... i have no idea when -_- both times knew it only the match ended
i dunno why i team kill less with a streakcrow (streaks are the only weapon i team kill with), probably because people see my tag laser when i try to get a lock and are more afraid to suddenly move before me
anyway streakfox is a big no no for me now, feels as a weak version of streakcrow and with 0 advantages over her since one have to remove ecm to run it and they even have the same speed

#4532 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 09 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

tested streakfox and caught a lose streak (no, not only due to me)
on top of that i team killed 2 people and... i have no idea when -_- both times knew it only the match ended
i dunno why i team kill less with a streakcrow (streaks are the only weapon i team kill with), probably because people see my tag laser when i try to get a lock and are more afraid to suddenly move before me
anyway streakfox is a big no no for me now, feels as a weak version of streakcrow and with 0 advantages over her since one have to remove ecm to run it and they even have the same speed

bad kitty. really bad kitty to TK with streaks (or arties?) :D
well it happens but streaks dont seem to work on a kit fox. srm? maybe.
imho best thing is still med lasers with MG or srm but it just depends :S

#4533 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

:3

i was team killed with art strike as a streakfox today, they aimed at a timber which i dueled with (and was about to die anyway)

also my most successful kfx builds (for conquest) it's either uac-5, 2 med lasers, 3 mgs and ecm (pretty effective at any range and low heat too, killed 1v1 a king crab today with it :3 well, the crab was heavy wounded, but still, he turned his back to a wall so it was a frontal attack and he wasn't cored yet and kept most of weapon) or lrm 15+10, med laser and ecm (pretty effective to support team while capping)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 09 May 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#4534 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

View Postloopala, on 08 May 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

oh there are more of us on the "less then 100 island" then most will admit to.

i have a duel guass crab build that looks great on paper but is all most more roll of the dice then any of my LCTs. it can put up 50ish matches quite often but when it gets in the groove it can put up 500 plus. guess which is more likely to happen?

Try my set up (2xGauss 2xERPPC). It's still very mean, and I use an XL engine to make sure I can still crab walk outta dodge faster than the enemy can catch me (XL 340, I believe)

KGC-0000 I believe that's it. (logging in to check).

EDIT: My current build uses one less ammo ton, and adds a 4th DHS

Edited by IraqiWalker, 09 May 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#4535 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

so much horrible teamplay...
and why was the hunchback-4j overquirked?!?
sometimes even i want to slap PGI for their fail quirkening.

#4536 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

HGN-733

some highlanders are actaully very mean.

Edited by Alienized, 09 May 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#4537 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Lots of new names this weekend and bad bad bad play.

#4538 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 09 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Lots of new names this weekend and bad bad bad play.

i gave up on running fun builds and just rocked my Timber with 4 er mediums and a gauss. getting 400-700 damage opposed to getting rolled within seconds when i take any unelited or fun mech.

#4539 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Matchmaker must be using my best KD ratio mech as my elo, and putting me as the top guy on most of my past few games. Horrible total stomps with me always being last, sometimes getting a kill or two but just - wow, If I'm the guy who's supposed to pull it off we are hosed - I'm usually in a IS medium. I was in one against you on Caustic this week Catra - you saw how bad that team was - derp derp derp. I did get mad and go all AC5 meta-Dragon after that one - at least that's fun.

#4540 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostHamish McPiton, on 09 May 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Matchmaker must be using my best KD ratio mech as my elo, and putting me as the top guy on most of my past few games. Horrible total stomps with me always being last, sometimes getting a kill or two but just - wow, If I'm the guy who's supposed to pull it off we are hosed - I'm usually in a IS medium. I was in one against you on Caustic this week Catra - you saw how bad that team was - derp derp derp. I did get mad and go all AC5 meta-Dragon after that one - at least that's fun.

I am leveling the Adder and Mist Lynx so that doesn't help but I agree, something is off this weekend. Lots of new names and almost every match today has started with us getting a 1 or 2 kill lead. Then suddenly the team stops advancing and everything falls apart. I was playing in forest where people chatted more than they played about non gameplay stuff. Many matches have felt strange, I can find no better word for it. Something is not as usual but I can't put my finger on it.

I also want to whine about CW. I was in a drop where half were pugs like me against a premade. When we dropped the guys in our team that belonged to a unit gave up. They wanted to duel 1 vs 1 which lead to alot of confusion. I was confused, do we attack or not. The other team rolled us and the last player fought 1 vs 1. During the duel one of the pugs asked, what they were doing just standing there, he thought It was a bug and they couldn't see him.

Anyway I think it's poor form. Sure we would have been rolled anyway but if we had tried we might have walked away with a little more c-bills and XP. What kind of impression will a new player get of CW when vets throw the match so they can duel when they decide they can't win, not thinking about what their teammates want to get out of it?

This weekend is a bust, how is it even possible to do 18 damage (no it wasn't me) in a Timberwolf?

Edited by Catra Lanis, 09 May 2015 - 12:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users