The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#4561 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

Sundays... Sundays.... hit reg goes to absolute crap every sunday..

adder takes 3 42 point alphas to the CT = yellow armor
raven takes 3 ERPPCs and 9 MLs to the CT = yellow armor...

good lord this is frustrating...

#4562 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 May 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Thanks for covering my my Atlai back today. Good call.

Edited by Sarlic, 10 May 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#4563 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostSarlic, on 10 May 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

Thanks for covering my my Atlai back today. Good call.

I do what I can....

#4564 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 10 May 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Games companies catering to the casuals.

I just got my third character to 80 today. Looked at her skills and realised she has 1 trait. I leveled by doing my personal story, crafting and WvWvW. This was the whole point of GW2-the FLEXIBILITY.
But apparently, it was confusing. Some players found having total freedom to level how you want to level and do exactly what you want in game to be too confusing, because as MWO has proven having to think for yourself is hard and unfair.
So ANET put in the "new payer experience" whereby many features are level locked, to get your traits now you have to do a whole host of silly things around the world to "earn "them. You either do these silly tasks or pay up a crapton of in game currency. The NPE is all about taking that choice away and funneling you through the game, one thing at a time so you don't get confused.
Result?
I'm not leveling any more characters on that game. It's INSANELY slow and annoying. All because some people can't/won't apply themselves. Sad thing is, I'm seeing this more and more. The Secret World recently has become much easier due to crying babies that found the missions too hard-a great example was the first one for the illuminati. You go to a laundrette where you have to listen to a guy speak for about 1 minute. You then have to remember what he says about cameras for max 30 seconds. the amount of peeps crying on general chat because they didn't know what to do.....cry cry cry then funcom changed it to suit them.
Spoiling it for everyone else.
Sound familiar? :ph34r:

Yes it does, I experienced it in SWG,

#4565 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

I dunno what's up but the last two days I experienced lagging for the first time ever. I'm teleporting everywhere, teammates are rubber-banding, enemies are rubber-banding, hitreg is in the crapper, and frame rates are randomly dropping to 10 - 20 FPS.

Add on to that a string of absolutely terrible teams today and I'm just plain discouraged. Maybe I need to take a few days off, I dunno.

#4566 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 10 May 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Oh gods, I remember that farce. MUST GET MOAR CASUALS IN. Oh looky...75%+ of your playerbase just quit....

I know I sound "anti casual" and in some ways I am, when I say casual I mean the types who don't care about the game or their success or lack thereof. "It's just a game" they say, but then:
"it's just a job"
"it's just a meal"
"it's just a relationship"
"it's just a dog"
"it's just a car"
"it's just a mate"
etc...
All these things are valuable, SO IS YOUR TIME. YOU WILL NEVER, EVER HAVE IT TWICE.

Stop expecting games to change to suit you because you can't be bothered to care.

/offsoapbox

#4567 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

i fkin love vitric forge <3 so beautiful.
a map where lights and scouts have a sense.
really chaotic in the later game but damn thats seriously the best map we currently have

#4568 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 10 May 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Oh gods, I remember that farce. MUST GET MOAR CASUALS IN. Oh looky...75%+ of your playerbase just quit....

I know I sound "anti casual" and in some ways I am, when I say casual I mean the types who don't care about the game or their success or lack thereof. "It's just a game" they say, but then:
"it's just a job"
"it's just a meal"
"it's just a relationship"
"it's just a dog"
"it's just a car"
"it's just a mate"
etc...
All these things are valuable, SO IS YOUR TIME. YOU WILL NEVER, EVER HAVE IT TWICE.

Stop expecting games to change to suit you because you can't be bothered to care.

/offsoapbox

I actually played it up until the last moment despite CU and NGE. We got atmospheric flight, in the eleventh hour but still. The fact that I ground out the liquids in the DWB for my mando armor makes me pfft! when people call MWO grindy.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 10 May 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#4569 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 10 May 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

SWG?

#4570 PremithiumX

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 May 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

SWG?

Star Wars: Galaxies

#4571 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

dude i need to quit partying. as i am now richer then blake but only have about 6mil cbills, what did i spend the other 243mil on? oh well it is only cbills

Posted Image

#4572 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 10 May 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Actually.......i too have noticed this sponge, sunday is the worst day for hitreg., I wonder if it is just a time zone / server load thing, with it being sunday on one side and saturday on the other side of the pond?

Methinks the "Daily Whine" should do group drops....much hilarity would ensue

#4573 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 10 May 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

I actually played it up until the last moment despite CU and NGE. We got atmospheric flight, in the eleventh hour but still. The fact that I ground out the liquids in the DWB for my mando armor makes me pfft! when people call MWO grindy.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 May 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

SWG?

View PostPremithiumX, on 10 May 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Star Wars: Galaxies

Oh man! I played that game from launch up until World of Warcraft launched, and then would dabble in it from time to time up until it went dark.

I loved that game. Played as Rip Snorgan on Sunrunner. And some of what killed that game for me, honestly, was the completely open format. Sure, players, basically inventing their own classes, or innovating crafting so far beyond what anyone expected, awesome.

But, urban sprawl around places like Obi-Wan Kenobi's hut, with cities named things like "Burgerville", "Can't Touch This", "Smexyville", "Giggity", and so forth (I could definitely go on), really took the wind out of my enthusiasm for so much player freedom, since when it comes down to it, players are humans (even if sometimes just barely ;) ), and overall, humans are, well, dribbling idiots (and no, I don't exclude myself from that estimation :P ).

View PostFatYak, on 10 May 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

Actually.......i too have noticed this sponge, sunday is the worst day for hitreg., I wonder if it is just a time zone / server load thing, with it being sunday on one side and saturday on the other side of the pond?

Methinks the "Daily Whine" should do group drops....much hilarity would ensue

We've talked about this "DW Group Drop" thing before. Worst case scenario, we all get to laugh at our collective antics while we get steamrolled, and that sounds like a win-win (or, you know, a win-lose, but whatever, still a win in my book :D )...

View Postloopala, on 10 May 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

dude i need to quit partying. as i am now richer then blake but only have about 6mil cbills, what did i spend the other 243mil on? oh well it is only cbills

Posted Image

QUIT partying?! Dude, you still have over 6 million to blow on things like Single Heatsinks, and Artemis for all your SRM2s!!!

Party on!

#4574 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 10 May 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

If PGI wants to draw me back to this game, these things must happen above all else.

1. Implement "Cone of Fire" or Dynamic convergeance so it is impossible to line up all weapons perfectly at all ranges for snap shot instant kills. This will have the added benefit of a buff without doing anything to LRMs and destroy dakka and laserbarf metas as well as prevent poptarting from ever returning.

2. Rearm and Repair / Dynamic causality based Supply and Demand economy, to trash consequence free trolls and brawltards suicide play.

3. Moderation tools for players for VOIP and chat since they refuse to do it. (Perma-mute or Ignore lists, text filters, and auto report systems and removing "All Chat".) Oh, and some sort of cheat protections implemented. If I can't trust any victory or loss to be honest and fair, I can't support that game.

Seriously, Those things have become deal breakers for me, caused me to throw down the microphone and walk away. I hope to return some day, but we'll see. I'll just be running with the Seraphim in DCUO instead

#4575 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

Kids these days ... know nothing about "Grinding" ... EverQuest was the original grind machine!! Hell levels where it took double the usual experience to level ... when you died, you LOST experience and you COULD lose Levels! Heck, when it first released, when you died, your corpse fell right there WITH ALL YOUR STUFF STILL ON IT. You had to make your way back and loot all your items off it within a certain time frame or it would decay and all your stuff along with it.

Oh, and lets not forget about Named spawns on random timers....you literally had to sit in a spot for Hours upon hours for some random spawn, THEN hope you are the one who lands the killing blow for the CHANCE it had the rare loot drop you wanted/needed :P

Oh, I could go on ... lol

Talk about a Love/Hate relationship with a game!! Played EQ for like 7 years :P

#4576 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

Getting a moron on the enemy team, and failing to kill the hell out of them just ruins my night.

#4577 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

The amount of players that just walk into your back and block causing you to take more damage than needed. Autism and downs everywhere.

#4578 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 11 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

The amount of players that just walk into your back and block causing you to take more damage than needed. Autism and downs everywhere.

And facetankers....don't forget them...its a special type of ASD

#4579 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 11 May 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Had a great one uesterday in my urby.
HPG.
I'd gotten a nice little spot where I could nip out and poke at a direwolf and a jaeger which I was slowly whittling their STs off. A freiendly Awesome walks ito me from behind, lag glitching me forwards and making me take fire. He does this FOUR TIMES. I spin and rake amy 2 mgs across him quickly and type STOP It in chat. He then replies with "get the f**k out of my way."
Apparently he was more important than I because he was in an assault mech and every spot on the map is his by right. Another idiot on y team, who is a regular forum goer no less pipes up proclaiming my utter stupidity because of course I should know the lore and I should "scout" in my 106kph urby....He spent the entire match proclaiming how I should L2P and how stupid I am.
End of match the amazing Awesome managed to do...51pts of damage more than my urby. Both their names I will not forget.

#4580 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

im having too much fun in AC5/uac5-anansi,help

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users