#4601 Euphoric1RW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 12 May 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

I'd love this shield in my lights. When I'm in a light, the nanosecond I get hit whammo! nearly all armour gone in one hit....nearly every time.

By the way, are SA still active? I'm not seeing you guys in CW much lately?

I come over the hill next to the side tunnel in crimson straits, and low and behold a spider is just sitting there, and I hit him straight on with an AC20 and two large lasers with my atlas, center torso, not once, not twice, but three times, then the little bugger started running at me, took me a couple more shots while he was strafing around me to get him down, Thought I was shooting a heavy with the amount of damage that thing would take. Sorry that you don't have the invincible light, but some people do, not sure where they got it from, lol.

As far as SA, we are still playing CW, we have organized times where we try to get every one together.

#4602 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 11 May 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Unless they were getting headshots or the laser tracking was obvious, how do you know it was hacks?

Anyway you still beat them, so how is it a balance thing? Taking 1 wave per o-gen and getting the last one with the final wave sounds like an ideal balance to me, especially if you were a random 12-man against a pre-organized team.

I admit, there's alot about this game that is gimmicky, frustrating, and unbalanced right now, but the direction you took your complaints doesn't make sense to me.

it is a balance thing since we would not have won with fighting at any time.

its not only a clan-IS balance thing also a map balance problem. sulfuoros o-gen, omega and landing zone placement is just as terrible as on boreal and im glad that they changed that problem from hellebore onwards.
its encouraging simple long range camping behind omega and thats what clans are completely dominating and why all these nerf clan threads happened or the quirkening.

then.. ever heard of wallhacks? ;)
you will notice it pretty fast when it happens from more than just one player ;)

#4603 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

ELO is just a part of the underlying problem.

The players suck. Period.

Nobody is willing to teamwork together with their shiny robots.

Call me paranoid, but ELO works fine. The player are the one who are terribad. Not saying all players, but i fear the Steam release: things will be much worse.

Would like to see a veteran que though. Splitted from the greenies.

#4604 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostAlienized, on 12 May 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

it is a balance thing since we would not have won with fighting at any time.

Unless the score was approaching 40-25 or something, I don't necessarily agree. And again...pug team vs organized team, some organized teams do actually have some ability.

its not only a clan-IS balance thing also a map balance problem. sulfuoros o-gen, omega and landing zone placement is just as terrible as on boreal and im glad that they changed that problem from hellebore onwards.
its encouraging simple long range camping behind omega and thats what clans are completely dominating and why all these nerf clan threads happened or the quirkening.

No denying map balance and other issues do exist.

then.. ever heard of wallhacks? ;)
you will notice it pretty fast when it happens from more than just one player ;)

Eh...UAV spam, seismic sensors, light scouting, it's difficult. to say for sure. PGI says it's not as common as rumor and hearsay has been making it seem, I'm inclined to agree. All the time I've ever played MWO, there's only been one player I thought was blatantly cheating, and it was just some random guy who I haven't seen play more than a couple games & not seen for a few months.

And if there's any dude who'd be sensitive to cheating...it's me.

Now, macro-gauss abusers are another thing....

#4605 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

School, student loans, financial aid, all my whines for today. Mostly because they all add up to no Mechwarrior for days and days. I am experiencing serious withdrawal symptoms. Kids, this is why you go to college right out of high school and have mom and dad pay for it.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 12 May 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#4606 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostSarlic, on 12 May 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

ELO is just a part of the underlying problem.

The players suck. Period.

Nobody is willing to teamwork together with their shiny robots.

Call me paranoid, but ELO works fine. The player are the one who are terribad. Not saying all players, but i fear the Steam release: things will be much worse.

Would like to see a veteran que though. Splitted from the greenies.

I fear the steam release for a far worse reason: It might kill MWO.

This game should not be on steam for another year, AT LEAST. Steam is literally the last publicity option we should use right now. If a game hits steam, and it's not in good shape, it will never get enough players to make it matter. We need it to be more solid, before we introduce it to steam (I am also someone who vehemently believes that there should be a player level, and CW should be locked for any players below a specific level -people need to have actually good mechs to play CW, and putting a restriction on it, adds a goal that makes people work for it-. Sadly, we need more players for that to be implemented properly)

#4607 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHiding from the Maskirovka

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 May 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I fear the steam release for a far worse reason: It might kill MWO...

...Sadly, we need more players for that to be implemented properly

While this may not be the right venue for this discussion I gotta agree with the first part and disagree with the second part. My main reasoning being that I like the current sized player base of MWO. Big enough that every match is against new players but small enough that you can recognize a name here and there. Getting shot to pieces by the same guy and then returning the favor 4 matches later is fantastic while there's enough new opponents that it never gets stale. Also MWO is one of the best Free to play games out there. No gold rounds or premium consumables that are essential in order to be competitive (looking at you World of Tanks) no OP Mechs that you can only buy with real money, some third thing...long story short the only time I've ever paid real money was when I became a Founder to get into the closed Beta. If MWO goes up on Steam I'm afraid of two things: 1) that the sense of a close knit community will be lost in the wave of so many new players and 2) the opportunity to make alot of money off a larger community pushes PGI towards a more pay-to-win idea. (nothing personal, PGI devs)

I'd love to be proven wrong on both counts, but till then I'll be standing on my soapbox with "The End is Nigh" poster board in typical forum nerd style :P

#4608 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

Power Down is legit, no one can make me alter that stance. Forest: I am the last one left in a Mist Lynx with C-ERPPC. I have done my part, me and a Spider was fighting a DW and a Crab at the ship the whole match with no help, just as I am about to deliver the coup the grace on the DW someone on the beach shoots it, oh well.

I see that this is it. The whole enemy team is at our base capturing. A lone Urbie is near his base, figuring I might get a kill with some luck I engage, then the turrets blow my sole weapon off. At that point I run, hide and power down. They start to rant and whine about me even though they win literally 20 seconds later by capturing.

I don't have to report in for execution, why can't peoples underdeveloped intellects grasp this very simple concept?

Edited by Catra Lanis, 13 May 2015 - 03:49 AM.

#4609 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

I see that this is it. The whole enemy team is at our base capturing. A lone Urbie is near his base, figuring I might get a kill with some luck I engage, then the turrets blow my sole weapon off. At that point I run, hide and power down. They start to rant and whine about me even though they win literally 20 seconds later by capturing.

I don't have to report in for execution, why can't peoples underdeveloped intellects grasp this very simple concept?

If the enemy has an alternate way to win -- then you have NO REASON to give them the kill. Screw them, make them earn the cbills -- and if that means you go hide under a truck and they make everyone wait because they don't want to capture the objectives then good for you keeping them in game for the whole time. Heck, I can go grab a beer and make a sammich while they run around looking for the last mech.

... and if I ever get angry at you for doing that -- its probably because I am pissed I didn't think of it first!

Edited by nehebkau, 13 May 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#4610 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Unless the score was approaching 40-25 or something, I don't necessarily agree. And again...pug team vs organized team, some organized teams do actually have some ability.

No denying map balance and other issues do exist.

Eh...UAV spam, seismic sensors, light scouting, it's difficult. to say for sure. PGI says it's not as common as rumor and hearsay has been making it seem, I'm inclined to agree. All the time I've ever played MWO, there's only been one player I thought was blatantly cheating, and it was just some random guy who I haven't seen play more than a couple games & not seen for a few months.

And if there's any dude who'd be sensitive to cheating...it's me.

Now, macro-gauss abusers are another thing....

naa mate, we had UAV's up and knew of all enemy mechs positions, they had no scouts or UAV up.
been watching the air above the mechs that got shot in my raven while they looked above my position.

out of seismic sensor from any enemy mech too.

i play this for too long to know whats happening (sometimes its saddening, really)

btw: score was us with maybe 23 kills as organized unit vs 46 kills from them who seemed to be pugs ;)
smacktalking after round 2 since they always knew they will win, at least they thought that :D

#4611 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Today's: Players who are so bad at this game they should just quit.

So, I'm on River City, trying to hold the left flank when the enemy team, up two mechs, rolls us over on that side. So, I die and get to spectate - fair enough. What wonderful team mates shall I witness today?

1) A Spider with a single medium laser. That's it. No other weapons.

2) A Kintaro with 2 Streaks and a random collection of energy weapons and clearly no idea how to use any of them.

3) A Thunderbolt with FIVE ER Large Lasers... who was busy chain firing carefully at the ground, ignoring any opponents nearby.

I called out the Thunderbolt pilot, asking him nicely to shoot the enemies. The other two were basically useless together, so there you go... So, the Thud pilot wakes up and starts shoot at the bad guys.... and then quickly overrides and explodes from ghost heat, killing himself.

Nothing like being expected to carry the clueless. GGclose.

Edited by oldradagast, 13 May 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#4612 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

I almost never drop in CW because I usually only have about 30-60 min to play so I don't want to spend a bunch of time waiting and end up with a ghost drop or whatever. The times that I have played CW I have had a lot of fun. So tonight I find I have some spare time and I have not played MWO for awhile so I decide to "reward" myself with a CW drop. I end up in a pug group which is no big deal I have had good rounds with pugs. Then the enemy team appears in the pre-drop screen: We are facing a MercStar 10 man. Needless to say, we did not do well. Such is life I suppose ;)

#4613 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

• Never ever leave any Assault alone
This sums up why up to 80% of the PUG matches are failing to do so.

#4614 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

I offer to you as evidence that the derpie team problem in MWO is a human issue not a game issue, a label on an insulated grocery bag which advertises that it keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold: "Do not mix hot and cold foods together in the same bag." If mankind needs this explained to them then I don't know how you will ever get them to understand the finer points of MWO tactics.

#4615 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 14 May 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I offer to you as evidence that the derpie team problem in MWO is a human issue not a game issue, a label on an insulated grocery bag which advertises that it keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold: "Do not mix hot and cold foods together in the same bag." If mankind needs this explained to them then I don't know how you will ever get them to understand the finer points of MWO tactics.

wonko the sane came to the determination that man kind was doomed after reading "Hold stick near centre of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion." which is the instructions on a toothpick package. i tend to agree

http://hitchhikers.w.../Wonko_the_Sane

#4616 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostSarlic, on 14 May 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

• Never ever leave any Assault alone
This sums up why up to 80% of the PUG matches are failing to do so.

i thought the point of teamplay was to run in the opposite direction from any assault mech on your team cause they're bigger and might get shot at. as you don;t want to get shot yourself the best plan is to get as far away from these attack magnets as possible to ensure your own safety?

any potential dificulties later on in the match when facing a 100% dire wolf in your 45% one armed hunchie and no assaults left on your side is not your concern at this time.

#4617 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 14 May 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

Like the warning on hair dryers "do not use in shower"

#4618 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 13 May 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Today's: Players who are so bad at this game they should just quit.

So, I'm on River City, trying to hold the left flank when the enemy team, up two mechs, rolls us over on that side. So, I die and get to spectate - fair enough. What wonderful team mates shall I witness today?

1) A Spider with a single medium laser. That's it. No other weapons.

2) A Kintaro with 2 Streaks and a random collection of energy weapons and clearly no idea how to use any of them.

3) A Thunderbolt with FIVE ER Large Lasers... who was busy chain firing carefully at the ground, ignoring any opponents nearby.

I called out the Thunderbolt pilot, asking him nicely to shoot the enemies. The other two were basically useless together, so there you go... So, the Thud pilot wakes up and starts shoot at the bad guys.... and then quickly overrides and explodes from ghost heat, killing himself.

Nothing like being expected to carry the clueless. GGclose.

You can expect nothing less from the pub queue. By it's very nature it attracts all sorts of people. In fact, it's exactly what certain people screamed for. Now they have it.
Karmic justice:)

#4619 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

strange...just saw a Banshee 3M that seemed a little fishy... its LPLs and MPLs both had the exact same duration and cooldown....

#4620 GroxGlitch

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSome random backwater dirtball in the Inner Sphere

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

I finally have to drop a complaint about those pesky Firestarters and their black-hole-of-damage-negation hitboxes.

Was rolling in my 9-cSPL Stormcrow (long story) and engaged one of the little buggers. He saw me and immediately made a B-line for me, across open ground, without zig-zagging. I proceeded to let off full alpha, with admittedly poor aim, spread between his arm and right torso (I had been trying for his CT, but still fully connected nonetheless)
...minimal damage.
OK, so we get into a turn fight. He's literally chasing me in a circle, as I'm twisted and nailing him repeatedly in his CT with my lasers, to absolutely no effect. It's not hard to aim; he's making no effort to deviate, throw my aim off, or otherwise make the process difficult.
I was laying blast after blast into him, yet doing no damage. Attempting to break the circle-dance-of-death, I broke off and delivered one more good shot to him; this took off his left arm and opened his left torso before I fired again, foolishly, into his left torso, hoping to kill his XL and bring him down; I overheated and, having yet again done no damage, he ripped apart my already-mauled back (only 5 armor across the board to begin with, and I had taken some light stray long-range AC fire earlier), killing me. He proceeds to scamper off and survive the rest of the match without going down, still missing just that arm.

And I'm not pissed that I died. I'm pissed that I sunk so many hits into this guy to no effect, and he wasn't even trying. No tactics, no strategy. He wasn't zig-zagging around or throwing my aim off, he was making himself an easy target, and still came out on top. I don't know if it was latency (usually around 100 for me) or what but, man... I normally don't get pissed at a game easily, but that nonsense was enough to get me to straight-up ragequit, probably for the first time ever in MWO.

*phew* That felt good!

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users