#4582 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

Getting a moron on the enemy team, and failing to kill the hell out of them just ruins my night.

Or when you fail to kill that red cherry Dragon and before you know you lose almost all of your weapons because you get ganged on and the Dragon... walks away.

I cried a little somewere in a corner of a cockpit.

#4583 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

I've come to the conclusion that events suck, in fact they suck harder than twin Holleys on a 454. This weekend and today 9 out 10 names have been new and they suck even harder than the twin Holleys, they suck so my PC are almost at the event horizon.

14 losses in a row, when an average player like me is consistently among the upper half in terms of damage and kills in an unmastered Mist Lynx with a single C-ERPPC something is seriously wrong. As you might now I am a k/d ***** and it's taken all I have to give to keep my nose above the water.

I noticed a pattern, for the last two days my team has had fewer people with unit tags 8/10 times. Yes I put it down on paper.
Now a unit tag isn't proof of skill but doesn't it stand to reason that many of them have played longer than those without and thus are in fact a bit more skilled. Would this hold water if you took a large enough sample?

Many of those I've played with didn't even own a steering wheel. :angry:

#4584 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Well, I know what you mean, but at some point a community grows, usually by offering some incentive, e.g. events. When I want qualitiy games, I don't play at the time of events, you are right, usually the average player quality drops sharply. Always strange to lose a game although you had 4 kills in a spider with nearing 1000 dmg and then you see the result screen and just have to wonder: wtf were you guys actually doing?

#4585 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostIothil, on 11 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Well, I know what you mean, but at some point a community grows, usually by offering some incentive, e.g. events. When I want qualitiy games, I don't play at the time of events, you are right, usually the average player quality drops sharply. Always strange to lose a game although you had 4 kills in a spider with nearing 1000 dmg and then you see the result screen and just have to wonder: wtf were you guys actually doing?

I understand that they want to promote the game but I don't think it's working. I harp about SWG so let me give an example. They had loyalty rewards for the account age 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months etc. It was often just a trinket, a nice painting or hologram to display in your house, sometimes even a speeder that you could ride around on.

These people subscribed a month or waited for a free trial to be able to log in. They only showed up for the rewards then they were gone for another 6 months going on about how bad the game was on other forums. What use were the rewards to them if they weren't playing one might ask.

SOE seemed more concerned about kissing up to these people than rewarding the players that actually stayed subscribed and helped the game stay afloat by improving the game.

MWO is a free game but I can't help thinking it's the same. These people only crawl out of the woodworks to farm their rewards, then they are gone so they never have time to improve, meanwhile making it miserable to those who play on a regular basis.

If it was only every 6 week or so I could tolerate it but the events are so numerous so it's rather the rule than the exception that the weekend is ruined.

#4586 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 11 May 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

I've come to the conclusion that events suck, in fact they suck harder than twin Holleys on a 454. This weekend and today 9 out 10 names have been new and they suck even harder than the twin Holleys, they suck so my PC are almost at the event horizon.

14 losses in a row, when an average player like me is consistently among the upper half in terms of damage and kills in an unmastered Mist Lynx with a single C-ERPPC something is seriously wrong. As you might now I am a k/d ***** and it's taken all I have to give to keep my nose above the water.

I noticed a pattern, for the last two days my team has had fewer people with unit tags 8/10 times. Yes I put it down on paper.
Now a unit tag isn't proof of skill but doesn't it stand to reason that many of them have played longer than those without and thus are in fact a bit more skilled. Would this hold water if you took a large enough sample?

Many of those I've played with didn't even own a steering wheel. :angry:

I deliberately don't have a unit tag..and I love running (C) mechs (that i got as part of mastery packs) so that the enemy will sometimes think I'm an easy kill and will walk in unprepared..... then its BOOM, lights out for them..

lol

#4587 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 11 May 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I deliberately don't have a unit tag..and I love running (C) mechs (that i got as part of mastery packs) so that the enemy will sometimes think I'm an easy kill and will walk in unprepared..... then its BOOM, lights out for them..

lol

I can guarantee that no such people have been on my team 20 losses now. I tell them to wait for the assaults, not to rush ahead, what is their malfunction. Either they are stupid for real or it's a bunch of little Timmies with access to big brothers account.

#4588 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 08 February 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Getting sooooooo f'n tired of indestructible firestarters

just had a drop....put no fewer than 8 CERPPCs into its CT.... took its armor from fresh to barely yellow...

Hey bulletrsponge, seems like alotta lights can take rounds after rounds of damage and just barely start to be missing any armor, my dang atlas can not take as much damage as some of these lights seem to take, I feel your pain, but I agree, try to aim for the legs.

#4589 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostVance Rezak, on 11 May 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Hey bulletrsponge, seems like alotta lights can take rounds after rounds of damage and just barely start to be missing any armor, my dang atlas can not take as much damage as some of these lights seem to take, I feel your pain, but I agree, try to aim for the legs.

didn't feel the need to aim for the legs...it was running straight at me, not even trying to avoid shots or twist, just taking full dvantage of its incredible tanking ability

#4590 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

just been on a CW battle on sulfouros rift.
full camping enemy with laservomit/ppc/gauss camping timberwolves, stormcrows and warhawks behind omega.
not to mention the flood of streak-crows/dogs.
ye this map still proves how OP these things can be since you can camp behind omega so easily and spawn right there again.

and some obvious hackers.
quite a shame that it been mainly russians in that battle. (just stating a fact here and nothing else is intended)
also been a random 12 man drop, no one in the same unit.

now, we killed all the o-gens, prepared for the last wave, didnt work too well. mainly lights with some heavies in between.
so i sat there, somewhere behind cover from the middle with my phract 1x.

shooting the 2 er large lasers and gauss constantly at omega. all chilled, no one was attacking me the whole time since the lights been running crazy. going closer to overheating, well..... override OFC.
beeing second last mech, center orange of overheat, firing a gauss and nailing omega.

oh the joy to know you been beating such players is too good.

#4591 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostAlienized, on 11 May 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

oh the joy to know you been beating such players is too good.

Unless they were getting headshots or the laser tracking was obvious, how do you know it was hacks?

Anyway you still beat them, so how is it a balance thing? Taking 1 wave per o-gen and getting the last one with the final wave sounds like an ideal balance to me, especially if you were a random 12-man against a pre-organized team.

I admit, there's alot about this game that is gimmicky, frustrating, and unbalanced right now, but the direction you took your complaints doesn't make sense to me.

#4592 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 11 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I understand that they want to promote the game but I don't think it's working. I harp about SWG so let me give an example. They had loyalty rewards for the account age 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months etc. It was often just a trinket, a nice painting or hologram to display in your house, sometimes even a speeder that you could ride around on.

These people subscribed a month or waited for a free trial to be able to log in. They only showed up for the rewards then they were gone for another 6 months going on about how bad the game was on other forums. What use were the rewards to them if they weren't playing one might ask.

SOE seemed more concerned about kissing up to these people than rewarding the players that actually stayed subscribed and helped the game stay afloat by improving the game.

MWO is a free game but I can't help thinking it's the same. These people only crawl out of the woodworks to farm their rewards, then they are gone so they never have time to improve, meanwhile making it miserable to those who play on a regular basis.

If it was only every 6 week or so I could tolerate it but the events are so numerous so it's rather the rule than the exception that the weekend is ruined.

Well put.

#4593 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

Why are the people on reddit such trolls?
"You are a JOKE! This is Nehebukaus first comment ever in 7 months. His first. And he "happened" to be "in game" when this all went down? Is this not the epitome of fish stink?

How many alts do you have?"

Makes me realize how much work our Mods must be doing daily to keep these forums for turning into the intellectual equivalent of Mos Eisley.... thx mods.

(learned my lesson for going into the dirty underpants of MWO forums)

Edited by nehebkau, 11 May 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#4594 kbilly

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 11 May 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Why are the people on reddit such trolls?
"You are a JOKE! This is Nehebukaus first comment ever in 7 months. His first. And he "happened" to be "in game" when this all went down? Is this not the epitome of fish stink?

How many alts do you have?"

Makes me realize how much work our Mods must be doing daily to keep these forums for turning into the intellectual equivalent of Mos Eisley.... thx mods.

(learned my lesson for going into the dirty underpants of MWO forums)

Did you finally just admit this is your main account that's been making alts in reddit and posting conspiracy stuff online? Not saying it's you... but... is it?

EDIT: TO add, this is what I'm talking about.

http://www.reddit.co...heating/cr5k1ne

Some troll has been on /r/mwo and /r/outreachhpg making multiple accounts trying to cause mayhem about "hacking" and "knowing who's doing it" without giving up his real username. Fact is, the guy hasn't said who he is yet. But did we all just find him?

Does hacking accusations and removal of posts from here fit Nehebukau's posting history? Who knows (I honestly dont care)... It's just interesting to me this user would,

After 7 months being dormant on reddit just happen to see and know the alt (which was hours old) and be in a game the alt was talking about which could "confirm" the event, all in the same day (hours) of being posted.

Or, Occam's razor. It's the guy who's been trolling both subreddits. I could be wrong. Who knows. lol

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/pJJ25pK.jpg

Edited by kbilly, 11 May 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#4595 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 11 May 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

lol

That is downright Evil! I love it.

#4596 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

View Postkbilly, on 11 May 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Did you finally just admit this is your main account that's been making alts in reddit and posting conspiracy stuff online? Not saying it's you... but... is it?

EDIT: TO add, this is what I'm talking about.

http://www.reddit.co...heating/cr5k1ne

Some troll has been on /r/mwo and /r/outreachhpg making multiple accounts trying to cause mayhem about "hacking" and "knowing who's doing it" without giving up his real username. Fact is, the guy hasn't said who he is yet. But did we all just find him?

Does hacking accusations and removal of posts from here fit Nehebukau's posting history? Who knows (I honestly dont care)... It's just interesting to me this user would,

After 7 months being dormant on reddit just happen to see and know the alt (which was hours old) and be in a game the alt was talking about which could "confirm" the event, all in the same day (hours) of being posted.

Or, Occam's razor. It's the guy who's been trolling both subreddits. I could be wrong. Who knows. lol

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/pJJ25pK.jpg

Look, truth is, I don't know much, beyond, neheb's been a part of our forum community over here for awhile, and we're all generally pretty much down with the guy.

I can think of reasons that someone might make an account on Reddit, but not ever really post, until a certain topic catches the eye. It isn't difficult to fathom really, specifically, a desire to follow all PGI/MWO news across all mediums, to be as "up-to-date" as possible. For example, I have an instagram account, linked to my facebook account, and yet I've never once posted or liked a single thing on instagram. I browse it all the time, and get friends notifications, and maybe someday, something I read will actually move me to interact with that site in some way, but so far...nothing.

All I'm saying is, come on, please don't come over here and pick on our guys eh? Neheb's cool yo! B)

Respectfully, Rip.

P.S. And besides...

#4597 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostVance Rezak, on 11 May 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

I'd love this shield in my lights. When I'm in a light, the nanosecond I get hit whammo! nearly all armour gone in one hit....nearly every time.

By the way, are SA still active? I'm not seeing you guys in CW much lately?

#4598 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:15 AM

24 losses, I don't care what people say. The matchmaker isn't doing a good enough job.

#4599 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 11 May 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

Kids these days ... know nothing about "Grinding" ... EverQuest was the original grind machine!! Hell levels where it took double the usual experience to level ... when you died, you LOST experience and you COULD lose Levels! Heck, when it first released, when you died, your corpse fell right there WITH ALL YOUR STUFF STILL ON IT. You had to make your way back and loot all your items off it within a certain time frame or it would decay and all your stuff along with it.

Oh, and lets not forget about Named spawns on random timers....you literally had to sit in a spot for Hours upon hours for some random spawn, THEN hope you are the one who lands the killing blow for the CHANCE it had the rare loot drop you wanted/needed :P

Oh, I could go on ... lol

Talk about a Love/Hate relationship with a game!! Played EQ for like 7 years :P

two words- Ancient Cyclops.

i loved EQ too- started on lanys. don;t forget raid wipes with the corpse timers. trying to break into hate with your backup gear, and the backup to that backup gear and finally summoned armor/weapons because that was all you had left. i remember my first lost corpse- wood elf in kelethin...off the ledge i go.

and of course the favorite words in EQ- TRAIN TO ZONE! ah good ol' crushbone.

edit- just forgot one- level restricted zones. "woohoo i hit lvl 45 now i can go to raid. die- you are now lvl 44. sorry you are too low to enter this zone." so you couldn;t even do your own corpse run and had to hope when you got rezzed you could get your level back so you could get back inside.

Edited by Tanar, 12 May 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#4600 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 11 May 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

Had a great one uesterday in my urby.
HPG.
I'd gotten a nice little spot where I could nip out and poke at a direwolf and a jaeger which I was slowly whittling their STs off. A freiendly Awesome walks ito me from behind, lag glitching me forwards and making me take fire. He does this FOUR TIMES. I spin and rake amy 2 mgs across him quickly and type STOP It in chat. He then replies with "get the f**k out of my way."
Apparently he was more important than I because he was in an assault mech and every spot on the map is his by right. Another idiot on y team, who is a regular forum goer no less pipes up proclaiming my utter stupidity because of course I should know the lore and I should "scout" in my 106kph urby....He spent the entire match proclaiming how I should L2P and how stupid I am.
End of match the amazing Awesome managed to do...51pts of damage more than my urby. Both their names I will not forget.

um if they knew lore so well why would they expect the 32kph stock lore urbie to be scouting anything?

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users